State of Arizona

State of Arizona Employee Reviews

United States1,174 reviews

Found 1,174 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,181 reviews

fun job

I was always going to work with a smile and wanting to help customer as much as I could, went out many ways to help them but sometimes was impossible due to statues and government laws. Must always follow law at all times.

Pros

employees made it nice

Cons

Need it to change management

Just no.

The women I worked with directly were great but the turn around for the supervisors and case workers was so bad that I often times would receive calls from angry parents or others not knowing who they should call due to the case being reassigned. The case managers would treat us secretaries like personal assistance or maids most of the time and expected us to clean up after their messes. We would reorganize files just to have them tossed around and not put back. Terrible lack of respect and very unstructured.

State of Arizona insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

AZ Dept. of Real Estate

See review ratings it explains everything. Poor managers, poor hiring, poor leadership, poor pay, no annual pay increases ever, no bonus, no training, no promotions or upward mobility opportunities. You have to contribute 200.00 every paycheck to a mandatory retirement fund

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Fun and Caring work place

I was a RN case manager at Arizona Care Hospice. I recently retired ( Oct2021). I have experience with working with patients and families.Education and administering care per plan of care. In put data into system (consolo) and writing reports. I am now seeking a work from home position due to mobility issuesThis was a good company and supportive of their employees.

Always something to do

Fast paced, stressful job with many grey areas. But always learning. Can feel like you are making an impact though, but you will always work hard. Management varies from department to department depending on job. Unfortunately employees are not compensated for the hard work put in so there is a lot of turnover. The type of work and overload can definitely put a strain on home life IF you let it.

Potlucks-Benefits

Our states population was exploding at the time and we were buried in paperwork. Some of the management was good but don’t expect a lot of help from other employees. Little to no room for advancement and other employees are pre-selected for any promotions. The raises were a total joke. Ie; 25 cent raise and we will give you 13cents now and 12 cents in eight months. Truth. Benefits were fair. I was disappointed in the office politics. I stuck it out and it did help a lot to make me a stronger person and all my experiences helped to guide my path for a better future.

Productive and helpful

It’s an okay place to work if you need help people will help you but if you want to get a higher pay raise you would have to go to a higher position..

Stable place to work with growth opportunities.

The work is at a steady pace. In my position you set your schedule with meetings and appointments. The interaction with staff is what you make it. We often have a great time in our meetings and I have to bring them back in to stay on task.

Pros

Control of schedule

Cons

Too many trainings

Great team

Training sucks. However the team members there are great and want to help. They honestly care about your wellness. You can earn alot of PTO. Management cares about ur success and willingness to help you advance to other departments

Very Relaxed Job

It was interesting to work at the capitol and assist in meetings. Very relaxed atmosphere in the Page office since it’s mostly college students working. Ability to work on homework or when we were waiting for the next meeting or task.

This is where careers go to die.

Executive management is out of touch with the day to day work environment. The qualification to be hired in a middle management role seems to be based on your friendship status with executive management. It is completely dysfunctional. If you value your mental health and your reputation, run away from any job with the State of AZ. Unless of course your are friends with executive management

Pros

Employees performing the nitty gritty work are caring and devoted

Cons

low pay, expensive benefits

Great place to work .. pay was too low for job tho

Loved working for AZ State .. but was returning to home state.. pay was low for the job I did though. I would return to this type of job If I ever move back to AZ. Possibly once I retire or if they do remote work I would consider if they paid better . Most states pay 25 per hour and AZ pays 10 less per hour for the same job

Managers don't care

Not worth the time or energy. State of AZ says they want to end homelessness, but have no problem with making one of their own workers one of those numbers.

Great opportunity and job experience

DCS represented a great opportunity for professional growth. You will be entitled to perform different task which will represent learn about the state agency and legal implications. Other tasks will force you to give your time and drive around the state at different times during the day and even nights or weekends. OT not paid sometimes and you will be able to flex it instead.

Pros

Salaries

Cons

Your time belongs to the agency

Dangerous,No Staff,Overworked,NO APPRECIATION

A typical day in the life of a State Correctional Officer is as follows..Happy in the parking lot then you enter the building. Get yelled at take your post which is usually 2 buildings on an open yard or 2 clusters in a so called lock down facility, then they overwork you and find any reason to put you under investigation...Run from this job!!!

Not a good place to work bad supervisor that have been there to long

The team leader as well as his supervisor didn’t want to answer questions when in training!!! They wanted me to figure out what to do when having a concern about documents I didn’t understand!! Very poorly trained but they expected to be knowledgeable about what we were doing!!!!

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

To many favoritism in the office

Educational place to work

Great place if you have a lot of learning to do. Some people can be very antagonistic, but it is part of the job. As a result, You learn how to communicate well with co-workers and avoid conflict. Management is very hands on and on top of every single detail.

I’ve worked in many divisions, in the State. Support and communication with families experiencing critical when working children

I will bring my education and knowledge to support the mission of your organization. It is most important that children are always felt safe and secure

Worst job EVER!!

It’s the worst place to work for… We recvd a raise last year first one in over 13 years I was told. Too much favoritism. If management doesn’t like you then you won’t advance or learn anything new. The office was micro managed. All your emails and IM’s were read by management. You are given 1 lunch with NO BREAKS after working a 10 hr shift! You get followed into the restroom and get treated like a child! The pay and benefits are not worth working at this company… find your future elsewhere this company will be the death of you…

Good place to start

Good benefits. If you have good supervisor, you’re set. They expect you to work a lot but pay does not compensate the stress that you have to go through

Compensation

Pay is super low, especially now that the pandemic has passed, no raise or any increase to help with the increases from inflation for our already lower than low wages

benefits

Cons

pay

Common questions about State of Arizona

Answered by current and former employees at State of Arizona

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight