State of Arizona Employee Reviews

its an ok place to work
Program Service Evaluator III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2019
Very hard to move up. You really have to be a brown noser and make friends with the right people to move up in the company. This company really doesn't care if you have an education or experience.
Faced paced, friendly staff
Program Service Evaluator III (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 21, 2019
Case loads are typically about 13-15 clients per day. I learned about Arizona State policy, how to effectively be a contributing member to my community and Arizona needy families. Management is always willing to provide help or assistance upon request and give positive feedback for problem solving issues. Work culture is very nice, the staff is always willing to help or offer up suggestions for problem solving questions. The hardest part of the job was turning away clients that were over the income limits for agency programs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to engage with different clients everyday, listening to their struggles and success, offer agency and community referrals.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Salary
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2019
My boss and co-workers are wonderful people. They make the day fun and exciting. I'm constantly learning something new. Training is frequently available to learn new subjects/skills or to fine tune and advance old skills.
Team work, and support were exceptional
Adoption Unit Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2019
Each day was unpredictable, and it was hard to keep a planned schedule. I learned to have patience and go with the flow. Management was very dedicated to their teams, and placed a strong emphasis on employee self care. Working with foster children who were abused, or neglected was very hard, but seeing the children who could not be returned to their biological parents find forever families who accepted them, and loved them as their own, was very rewarding.
Pros
Flexible schedules, team work
Cons
Stress of the overall work scope
productive and overall a enjoyable day.
Application Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2019
The most enjoyable part are the employees that work there. There are a a lot of learning opportunities for those who are willing to put in hardwork and time.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
compensation
fun place
 Correctional Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Florence, AZMarch 13, 2019
Performed my work assignments in a responsible manner because the public's trust and confidence in the department rested with me.
Always  diligent in the performance of my duties because      my every action affects the safety and security of others.
Supervised  inmate movement i.e. medical, visitation etc.
Conducted searches for nuisance, and dangerous contraband
Proficient and knowledgeable in the use of the Incident Management System in emergency situations to maintain order and control.
Great support for a hilistic lifestyle
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 12, 2019
I have grown with the company and plan to continue my growth and expand to a level that would reach people all over the world. I was given a chance to make a difference.
Tucson OSI Supervisor has no business being a supervisor
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  AZMarch 12, 2019
If you don't have good supervisors your good employees will leave. There have been a few that have already left and there are more that are planning on leaving. Its too bad. OSI used to be a great place to work
Productive environment
Program Service Evaluator 2 Trainee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2019
Great place to work, relaxed environment good supervision great benefits close to home great training good chances of upward mobil ity40 plus hours per week with the possibility of overtime
Disappointment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
There was not enough compassion.
Not enough guidance for career advancement.
Moral very low no matter what area of service you walked into.
Maintenance of building poor, dull not clean.
Pros
Enjoyed servicing the community
Cons
Pay and moral of the institution
Stay away from this employer
Arizona (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 1, 2019
Like the ex-employee below, me too! Nothing but horrible!!!! No checks and balances with regards to supervisors. They do and say whatever, get away with saying what they want, you are held to whatever they say to their supervisor/upper manangement. There are no recourses for the employee. HATED IT!? I would never have taken the position if I knew what I was getting into!?!?! JUST DON'T DO IT!

PREVIOUS EX EMPLOYEE: I FEEL YOUR PAIN. ME TOO!
"From the day I was hired on, I was not welcomed there. My supervisor and another co-worker made my life miserable. No matter how hard I tried to make my experience there a positive one, I was constantly being harassed by my co-worker and constantly being wrongfully accused of everything under the sun by my supervisor. She treated me like I was some kind of monster or something. I called HR but they did not do anything. I was eventually told that my services were no longer needed. They did me a favor by letting me go. If you like being treated like dirt, go to work for them and they will make sure you are."
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think, Very high turn over, Low pay
donuts on fridays
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2019
every week co workers would indulge in donuts and chat a bit. kinda break up the routine which was pleasant.but we would get right back to work it was a pleasant work place.
Productive work enviroment
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Florence, AZFebruary 28, 2019
Coming into the complex everyday was a bit of a hassle. Security checks that would keep a line at the front gate of the complex. However, after getting through and getting to work it was a very productive work environment.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
n/a
Very rewarding and fun fast paced and demanding environment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Safford, AZFebruary 28, 2019
Fun fast paced place to work and grow in industrial size kitchen. Work closely with others and hand in hand with supervisors. Very demanding and accountable environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad Equipment
Stressful, thankless job.
Correctional Officer II (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 27, 2019
If you need a job, great common over. But I don't recomend this one per say. This place will change you. You look at people differently, your mindset changes and you become bitter in a sense. And you don't realize what your signing up for. They don't tell you your going to end up with anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are things you can't forget. You see people at there worst everyday.
Pros
Benefits. Job security.
Cons
They keep raising the cost of benefits.
The last 2 1/2 years that I've worked for the State of Arizona, have been the best experiences in my career, thus far.
District East Behavioral Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 26, 2019
I started with the State, in June 2016. I was hired on as a Network Coordinator. I was responsible for locating placement for members with developmental disabilities/behavioral health challenges. I had such a supportive team. From my immediate supervisor, to my Network Manager. It was such a great experience, and I learned so much.
Again, I felt like I needed to challenge myself. So I applied for, and was hired as the District East Behavioral Health Liaison. This was not only a position that made use of all of my skills, it also allowed me to work a bit closer to home. This was the best move I could have made. I continued to use my skills from my Network Coordinator days, and also learned even more about the Behavioral Health system.
Pros
Competitive pay, day time hours, great benefits
Cons
Changes in leadership, high turnover, no annual pay increases.
L am improving my work force skill
ADOT ,Road side maintenance (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 25, 2019
PPe on Equipment
Landscaping
erosion
irrigation
A typical Day On The Job, Safty, Road side cleanup, PPe, picking up trash, filling Pot Holes , Planting Flower Beds, Fixing irrigation lines,.

Wood Chipping. Power Tool,
The Hardest Part Of the Job- None
The most enjoyable part of the job.All Day, Working with a good group of people
I learned PPe Safety. And Road Side clean-UP
Pros
Learning skill
Cons
Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 24, 2019
Don't work in news. Management doesn't care about you at all. All you are is a replaceable rodent to them. Its low pay and high stress and the bosses think you are worthless.
State Job
Taxpayer Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2019
With State jobs you never get raises. I like working with the people in the unit. I enjoyed the work, it just never seemed to be enough for management.
Pros
great peopel
Cons
not enough pay
Contract Position
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2019
I was a contract worker so didn't receive the full benefits of a state employee. I liked my department, my boss and the people I worked with.The commute was easy. Nice environment.
Pros
Great boss. Not stressful
Cons
No healthcare benefits as a contractor. Bad pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight