State of Arkansas
75Above average

State of Arkansas Employee Reviews

United States206 reviews
good supportive environment. feels like you belong to a Big Family
Working at DIS has been a good setup for me. Work and Family balance has been acceptable. Sometimes, At times, we work overtime and we would be compensated with time off.
Overall, I am satisfied with my work.
Great job for those who are interested in this field.
Its a really good start in the field. Minimum security but with alk the trainings you recieve you get a more in depth answer about wether this is the career for you or not.
sustainability model
Great people who love their jobs and get the task at hand done.
Family who serves and leaders who know what it means to be a servant leader and meet the needs of the state and people abroad
N/a
Mission Statement: To protect and improve the health and well-being of all Arkansans.

Vision Statement: Optimal health for all Arkansans to achieve maximum personal, economic and social impact.
Not much to say
I no longer work for the state . Depends upon who heads up the commission. I was told to not investigate major Arkansas companies and to ignore their violations.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
social events
Social interaction and collaboration. Fairness at work towards employees.
Social needs were met etc. Great benefits. Physical location was wonderful.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
extra work for free sometimes
Management is awful
When I first started it was fantastic I loved going to work. Then new management came in and they were very belittling and arrogant. Always trying to intimidate people. Very poor attitude and interaction with employees. Just because you have a badge and gun doesn’t make you God. I wish I’d never met the new management. 13 people have quit in 7 months.
structured environment
I learned how to be disciplined and focused on the tasks at hand. Learned to work with little or no supervision. I learned that integrity and honesty will take you far in life
Highly political infrastructure
Jobs are not secure. Usually new staffing with new administrations. Therefore, every 4 years is a guessing game. Because this is a constitutional officer the positions do have quite a bit of politics involved.
Benefits are definitely the best
If your looking for great benefits then the State is the place for you. They just have a problem moving people to areas that they were not originally hired for without any extra pay.
I not current employed at this time.
You can come to work and learn something knew everyday. Mangers no what it means to be able to help others and always there to give advice. You be promoted within the company.
Demoralizing
No one gets better than a C grade for doing their job. Hard work and dedication is not rewarded. Minimal training, unrealistic expectations. If you don't mind beating your head against a brick wall for years on end, this is the perfect job for you.
The difficulty was overwhelming
The state job was in the foster care program. The job was a necessary position and a noble undertaking but the hours and responsibilities became overwhelming and beyond control
I had a job of a lifetime and fully appreciated it. All that was asked, was to do my job.
As a counselor I was given a great deal of autonomy. Unfortunately I did not dot my I's and cross my T's and was asked to resign. Awesome job and supervisor!
Good benefits; horrible stress & upper management
Generous leave that accrues more as employee's years of service increases. Mnagement is very hands off & rarely helps process the ever-present, overwhelming caseload. Clients are often in personal crisis/low point in life, making every single workday rife with stress & verbal abuse, which employees just have to cope with. Get your high blood pressure prescriptions ready!
Arkansas State
Friendly and convenient and fast-paced they have good staff and a very clean tidy environment and they expect nothing less than good customer service and come as you are!
11 years invested. Boss destroyed my career.
Change in management lead to the boss creating a lie that accused me of doing something I didn’t. He, along with the agency directors and managers, destroyed my career and got me blacklisted overnight.
Anonymous
This is the worst place I’ve ever worked at in my entire life. The management is racist and they only help to promote certain people of a certain race. It’s corporate slavery! I work so much I barely have time to get up and use the restroom.
Avoid at all cost
Managerial staff are not knowledgeable. Individuals that you work with do everything in their power to get out of work. If you are the hard worker, you will know it by never having any time to breath at work while your other co-workers seem to not do anything.
Very Productive. Enjoyed the company. The pay was great and the time was flexible this company had very good benefits and there is room for advancement
Ok place to work
Typical day is very busy, must be alert dealing with sensitive information. Most enjoyable is the guarantee of meeting new people from all backgrounds and very diverse.
Pros
Closed for ALL Holidays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight