State of Colorado Employee Reviews

productive
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMay 16, 2018
busy, helped people throughout each and everyday. There was a lot of work making sure people knew how to correctly file in the courts of the State of Colorado
Not all supervisors are the same
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631May 16, 2018
If you get board easily, this is the job for you. Depending on the manager, you will either love it or hate it. Some micromanage and when that happens, it stinks!
Negative work environment
SME (Subject Matter Expert) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2018
I would not recommend this job. If you are a professional your work will be micro-managed. Manager to employee ratio is unbalanced, too much bureaucracy.

Bullying/Harassing environment. Poor training for managers and employees.
I really enjoyed my job.
Examiner III/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COMay 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my job and working with my customers. Miss going in and working there. It was hard to work and balance family life wish there was a way to fit it all in. Most of the time the public was nice to work with. It can be stressful and busy, but then you get slow periods to catch your breath.
Pros
Great insurance plans and the pay was a plus.
Cons
Balancing family life and work.
Bueacracy
employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2018
Lots of work which is complicated by process and oversight. You either fit or you don't. There is lots of potential to learn and apply new insights. Leadership is in need of training and application opportunities. Great benefits and retirement. Personnel Board and rules can be onerous and give rise to employee performance and attitude issues.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Busy
poor
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 26, 2018
Typical day was always short handed and never give any support. What was learned nothing. Management was poor. Work place culture was hostile. Hardest part of the job was going to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Cons
Alway short of staff.
Would never wish on my worst enemy
Senior Analyst Work Lead / IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2018
Nothing to say to give this a good review, just know that if you want to work for the state - stay away from the management in OIT - they do not care about employees
Pros
Cons
all of the above!
good
SENIOR TELECOM ANALYST/ELECTRONICS SPECIALIST IV (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2018
good people, state job good benefits and insurance is pretty good. overall ok to work for just busy and lots to do with not so many people to do the work
Department of Corrections is not for everyone
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
Working for the Colorado Department of Corrections is not for everyone. Assigned to a facility where there are several hundred convicted felons is very stressful. It does have it's benefits and promotional opportunities. It is definitely a career where retirement is possible, if one chooses to stay.
Pros
Good Money and Benefits
Cons
Working in a prison is highly stressful and dangerous.
Great job- horrible pay
Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2018
Not many people can do this type of work. These are master manipulator offenders that will corrupt good people. The pay is awful for what you deal with, but the teams and friends you find will be the best you could ever hope for. If you are weak minded or sensitive this is not the job for you. If you have thick skin, strong morals, and a real back bone, and like a challenge for very little pay then go for it. This could be a great play if they gave the officers a livable wage.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
horrible pay
Hig stress job
Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COApril 11, 2018
I retired due to high stress which is unfortunately a large part of the job. Having overseen over 1000 p-cards and 13 non-profits. It was tough. I also had to audit 16 public and 6 private units as well as health care partners and individual companies each having unique issues. The typical day might start out great but end in putting out several fires. After so many years when my turn to retire came up I took it.
Very productive place .
State Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
My job is making difference in people's life by educating them has a very positive affect on me and my clients . Our company's mission statement is holding offenders accountable and making a positive change in their lives and keeping citizen's safe . This statement is followed everyday religiously.
Pros
Very professional environment
Cons
Absence of fresh air in the classroom
Excellent department
Hospital Back Up Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2018
I enjoyed working with the state of Colorado and left due to family issues which required me to leave the country and live in China for a period of time. I would gladly return to the department if it were possible.
It Was Very Stressful Enviorment
DWCF Unit Porter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2018
When it came to working for the State Of Colorado, you had to make sure things got done, especially when some of your co-workers didnt show up or didnt want to help.. Only thing that matters was that the task at hand always got completed
Pros
free tide pods
Cons
working with the correctional officers
a very good job
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 12, 2018
I worked for the State in the Dept of Corrections and the State Hospital. I liked my work there But My wife and I retired I would tell people to go to the State very good plave to work
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
na
It was completely educational and pleasant
Court Judicial Assistant and Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMarch 11, 2018
Highly productive and fast paced office. Extremely pleasant work environment with other Court Judicial Assistants. Clerking in the courtroom one day per week for the County Court Judge and learning about all of the cases that are handled in County Court. I also worked for the District Court in the front office and learned about all of the case types that are handled in that court.
Pros
15 Minute break morning and afternoon, one hour lunch
Enjoyable work
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMarch 8, 2018
Cataloging.
Checking materials in/out for patrons.
Customer Service.
Repairing materials that are damaged.
Guiding to other authors of interest. Input on what is similar reading for their specific genre.
Helped search for specific materials. If unavailable assist in filling out ILL (interloan library) requests for books, magazines, movies, books on tape.
Process incoming ILLs and notifying patrons of the arrival and timeline to check out before due to lending library.
Deliver books to other areas for enjoyment for those unable to go to library in person.
Pros
Access to new book 1st
Cons
Waiting lists and individuals complaining that the list is too long.
Hiring process is long
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2018
Fast paced, always busy, lots of political changes, service organization customer service based. Hardest part was supervising different personalities.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
not fun
hr assistant (Former Employee) –  denver coFebruary 26, 2018
i struggled to go in every day, not a fun environment to work i would not recomend this position for single mothers or family oriented people wish i had never worked her
Pros
close to home
Cons
not family friendly
Challenging, busy, and fast track
Project Engineer PE-I (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 18, 2018
It was about dealing with contractors, inspectors, inspection, control of material, dealing with disputes, claims, some mismanagement, need of better cooperation
Pros
freedom of action
Cons
Bureaucratic hinderances