State of Colorado Employee Reviews

State of Colorado's policy
Deputy Director & State Director SBDC Network (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2019
The office did not provide feedback for advancement opportunities to grow. Past leadership was excellent, most recent administration change provided little assistance.
Pros
past leadership
Cons
present leadership made changes without disucssion
Serve with purpose and understanding
Accounting Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 4, 2019
Finding a purpose and a supportive job culture is vital. Management acknowledging and accepting input on how to grow and move forward is vital. Knowing that you will be heard and treated with respect is great.
Real Estate Broker
Licensed Broker of Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2019
A typical day at work is any day of the week.
What I learned was to move to Colorado as soon as possible..
Management is potentially a great skill.
Workplace culture is ok.
Hardest part of the job is living in Texas
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture
Looking for new opportunities
Systems and Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2019
My current position has given me fantastic opportunities to further my career!
I've been fortunate enough to be able to attend and contribute to conferences such as RSA, Black Hat, MISTI, Defcon and others.
I would like to take my career to the next level!
Team work
primary nurse faculty (Current Employee) –  State of ColoradoJanuary 27, 2019
Great team work with staff
Good work life balance
Great benefits
The hardest part of the job is that it is Healthcare with all the changes in the laws and regulations.
Pros
team
Not Great
Accounting Technician II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2019
I was always told that government work is great. Get a government job and you'll be set for life. After 60 days and I have never hated a job as much as I do this one. Management is a joke. Ask for a day off and they shame you, but they take days without letting other staff know. I have only seen my supervisor a handful of times in 60 days and had zero training from her. Thank goodness for my co-worker. She has been amazing!
Pros
10 Holidays a year
Cons
Benefits aren't actually better than the private sector.
Professional culture and enjoyable
JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2019
Very stressful work and my department worked hard to implement wellness programs within the workplace. Great people to work with but a lot of gossip. Upper management could be more personal when crisis (like deaths of colleagues) comes into the workplace...emails are not acceptable.
Great teamwork
PROBATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 16, 2019
Met with probation clients in the office, reviewed treatment plans, arranged community resource, staff clients with supervisor and mental health team, would conduct home visits
Productive work place
Contractor - Project Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2019
Management is not in sync with the lower level employees. Too much politics and disconnected employees. Too much turnover as it is a stressful work environment
Interesting
RATE FINANCIAL ANALYST I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2019
A typical day is reviewing rates and forms for insurance carriers. I learn each day that each rate, form, type of coverage/plan is different. Management is a little difficult at times, but pretty descent overall. The hardest thing is not fully being trained and/or told how to dive into a rate filing deeply.
Stable Place to work
Contract Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2019
My experience with the State of Colorado has been very positive in most aspects. The salary is good for my position, the flexible schedule is good and the people are second to none. I love our management structure and the ability to make decisions that are heard and acted on.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Expensive health insurance
The job working with kids great.
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 31, 2018
I would not recommend working with the division of youth corrections. The management is poor and they do not practice what they teach. Most workers are there for a paycheck. I feel sorry for the future for these incarcerated youth. This program is a total failure.
Pros
Cons
Stress with no breaks for bathroom nor lunch
Collaborative, laid back, intellectually stimulating
Administrative Assistant Senior (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2018
I find my experience on a daily basis to be very positive, laid back, and I'm completely aware of the expectations. The workplace culture is thoughtful, considerate, and respectful. I have learned that the management is involved in encouraging teamwork, and allows each employee to freely implement their own style to their completed work.
Pros
I can set my own hours. I am free to determine the best way to complete the job.
recieved licensing
LICENSED ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 26, 2018
tests were administered professionally and accurately. testing centers could be located in more accessible areas. I was surprised how fast results were administered.,
Better think twice
Nurse Manager, Health Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, CODecember 10, 2018
If you enjoy challenges, things changing on a dime and being part of the “in crowd” then this is the place for you. The management team plays favorites & disregards staff who are not part of the in crowd.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Cons
Management team lacks integrity
Poor
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, CODecember 10, 2018
Temporary position unloaded and loaded food and materials for other facilities stacked pallets and shrink wrapped cleaned and mopped warehouse and forklift
Tough place to work
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 10, 2018
Long and stressful, very limited resources when it comes to handling mental health youth. Management depending on size of the building is either close by or too far and you never see them. Policys and procedures often change quicker than one can learn.
productive and fu
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 7, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits, employment advancement, trainings provided. The enviornment was a very professional and included advancement.
It was an awesome experience!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CONovember 23, 2018
I worked in a one person office & the office stayed continuously busy. The training was top notch & time at work went by very quickly. Great staff support team.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
to have had 2 people in the office would have been better.
Poor Division to work for
Parole Officer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 14, 2018
They genuinely do not care about their officers. You need to have not only a bachelor's degree in a related field, but also be Colorado POST certified. Caseloads are generally around 100 parolees per officer. State House Bill 1326 made it so "most" parolees cannot be revoked to the DOC, basically allowing parolees to run rampant through the community, increasing crime rates exponentially. The officers are public safety oriented, but the civilian upper level management does not allow officers the discretion needed to increase public safety and hold parolees accountable for their actions and conduct on supervision. I could see the job being great if the right people were in charge, but they are a bunch of bafoons up top.
Pros
Take home state car
Cons
Poor management, extremelly low morale amoung parole officers