State of Florida Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 879 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Seeking an opportunity to start a new career or enhance your professional development? Envision success in Florida. Join our talented workforce to fulfill your professional goals and achieve a meaningful career.
You’re seeing all 2,001 jobs at State of Florida because we can’t find any available jobs at State of Florida close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 1.8K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at State of Florida have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
I work with the Department of Financial Services: Budget and Finance. The work environment is not that well. The chief and management disclose personal information to one another AND EMPLOYEES (HIPPA violation). Micromanagement is big here but, they pick and choose how much they enforce it. They have great people however, the work environment/culture ruins the overall work day. Constant vacancies due to pay and work environment.
What is the best part of working at the company? Most weekends off What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Amount of paperwork regarding to perform a simple task What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Stressful, lack of empathy, lack of traing, lack of resources to do the job. Systems out of date
If you want to be treated like dirt, go work at the State Attorney's Office. The health benefits are awesome but they don't respect you as a person. Also, there is no room to advance. Most of the Attorney's are not very nice and management is not very fair. There's no diversity in this workplace.
Working for the state of Florida has good benefits Enjoy working with co workers flexible time plenty of annual and sick leave if needed not always able to take time off due to caseload requirements State of Florida employees work hard and disserve a better pay rate
Depending on where you are it can be a rewarding and good learning experience. At times you are able to sit in court and see the results to the cases which is very interesting.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 162 questions about working at State of Florida. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from State of Florida employees.
Insights from 465 Indeed users who have interviewed with State of Florida within the last 5 years.
How would you handle an angry client? Are you a self-starter? Can you multi-task
They asked weird questions like if you were a robot what order world you complete things in.
Asked about software I've used; work-related capabilities; focused on the one job that was most similar to DEP position and didn't ask about the other positions.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at State of Florida?Published on May 24, 2021
- State of Florida