State of Florida

State of Florida Employee Reviews

United States1,620 reviews

Found 1,620 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,631 reviews

Good work life balance

I enjoyed the flexibility and ability to make my own schedule. The support and initial training was great. The management is great at my local department. Some counties are behind on inspections but it depends on your location.

Pros

Good support

Cons

Lack of incentive and annual pay increases

Productive work

Good job security. Fair pay and good benefits. Florida retirement system. Supervisors are fair but some are over there head in the position. Long hours and overtime.

Benefits

State of Florida insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Easy Work - Toxic Environment - High Turnover

It's a great place if want to be paid minimally to be treated like a worker bee. The work is easy if you are trained properly. Unfortunately, you can't get trained properly because the turnover rate is so high. You are constantly covering for others and I have seen 8 Attorneys come and go within 1 year. Gossip is tolerated, and you cannot express opinions that don't align with management. I don't recommend this place as a serious job placement if you want to grow professionally. It's unfortunate. It's a place to learn and leave from.

Pros

Paid Time Off, Insurance

Cons

Gossip, High Turnover, Untrained and Uneducated Managers

Minimal wage for maximum stress

Not remote! Job ad shows salary range 30k-60k. Don’t expect anything near 60k. Everyone starts at low 30’s. Which Im told has been the same salary for many years?? Training does not set you up to succeed. Live cases are assigned to you way before you complete training. Your caseload builds past 120 cases within a few months. Constant calls from the clients. Expected to answer every call and return messages, while somehow working their case at the same time. Not practical. Can’t close cases as fast as they are assigned and yet it’s always your fault. There’s always something additional needed before closing a case. They continue to assign cases knowing closure is not as fast as assignment. Probably the reason case managers are stressed and clients are always upset? Could be! Cases are constantly transferred to other case managers because of turnover which is unfair to the client. If you need a paycheck for a few months, then apply. They’ll take anyone. Otherwise don’t waste your time and save yourself the headache.

Great job with right manager.

Have had good and bad experiences-depends on current management. There is often more work than can be done in 8 hour day. Work can be rewarding, feel like you're making a difference in people's lives.

Benefits

Cons

Not enough people to do the work

It a place where you can be productive not much fun and supervisor or not much help

Long hours same thing to do every day and no room for growth for improvement not enough pay for the work you ask to do. Overall it a Good place to a start your career

It was easy money

The benefits are truly the best thing about working for the state , schedule were 5,8s with the chance to change 4,10s after a few months . Overall if you’re into office jobs go for it COVID had us WFH for a bit

The place is a mess

The place is a mess, This day has no morning, there are no pay raises, the amount of work is more than the staff can handle. Too much buddy buddy poor trainers

Many opportunities

Very good work environment, many opportunities for growth, good training, good benefits and fair pay. I enjoyed meeting many good co-workers and learning lots of different skills.

Very good

Thanks Great staff, good hours.Very professional and positive attitude throughout the entire working staff. It was always a pleasure to come to work there and very happy with the quality of professionalism in the entire team.

Productive work environment

I enjoy my work and I thrive when I have challenges. I am someone who works diligently and I feel good when I complete my tasks and goals for the day. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I love working with the clients and I'm always excited when I see them being successful and moving forward in their life and overcoming their obstacles. I utilize a wide variety of interventions and I try to meet clients where they are which seems to help them a great deal. I'm proud of the work I do and I find a great deal of enthusiasm when working with the clients.

Pros

Great team to work with, enjoy working with coworkers

Cons

Short breaks

It was a decent experience

It’s was a ok experience for me working there. There was good days and bad days so you must be prepare to do this job because things happen fast at the job.

Pros

Job experience

Cons

Bad management

It’s okay!

It’s an alright place to work. Benefits really are great but there isn’t room for improvement and the building is too political. Management barely knows who you are.

Where careers go to die…

Everybody here is miserable. You can see it in their faces and hear it in their voices. Incredibly high turnover. You’re given 50 hours of work and 40 hours to do it. The workload is unforgiving and taking off even a few days will cause your caseload to stack up and snowball into unmanageable levels. Local management is impotent to decisions that would improve the situation. The cherry on top is that you’re paid less than the guy that greets people at Costco. This place will chew you up, spit you out, and forget you existed the second you’re out the door. Do yourself a favor and walk, no, RUN away from this job as fast as possible.

Solid government job

I work in the court system as a state employee. The pay is not as good at the state level as in some of the county positions in my area. The leave time accrual and paid holidays are great.

good for place holder job while you find better employment

They have excellent medical benefits but it ends there. Every office is understaffed due to rigorous hiring procedure and the low pay. They don’t care for your personal situation. Training is at a minimum they offer lots of training but most of it does not pertain to your actual job. They change the way they want you to do things all the time and then your blamed for turning in work that’s the same version of work previously turned in. Management is a joke have no experience they are put in the management position due to being there the longest but nothing else. Very condescending people claim to care but really don’t. They can’t get employees to stick for more than 2-3 years. They don’t pay a living wage and don’t give salary increases. Lots of people with little to no skills in positions they aren’t qualified for. You can make more and do less in any other job.

Workplace Culture

The State of Florida (DCF - OFA) is a great place to work! I would definitely return if a position became available again. The company has great work-life balance and flexibility.

Great benefits

30 years that I don't regret. Able to retire with great benefits. While the work environment and supervising staff was a rollercoaster ride at times in the long run the good outweighs the bad.

Good benefits

Takes a hard toll on your well being mentally . Benefits are good. Pay is well below average in market/location. Very mentally debilitating especially since Covid and staffing shortages/

Horrible Workplace

In short, don't waste your time applying to work for the State at the courthouse. The people are awful. You can't trust anybody. The pay doesn't match what is expected of you.

Ok job

Determine eligibility. Workload very high but manageable. Training was paid and good for the most part. Once training is completed you’re required to maintain caseload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare State of Florida with

• State of Florida
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?