State of Florida Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Corporate Sales Manager Experience
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2018
This position allowed me to use all of my management and sales skills to become successful. I delivered sales programs, training programs, delivered presentation to C-Level decision makers.
Pros
Manage my own schedule
no games
dept children and families (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2018
Typical day is getting an angry client about there benefits and you didn't speak or handle there claim but you would need to resolve the issue and look at case .But the most part is helping the elderly because it was sometime simple .
Pros
Had holidays with pay
Cons
stressfull work
Going the extra mile for the taxpayers
Tax Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126July 18, 2018
Working for the State of Florida was an amazing experience that I will forever be grateful. Taxpayers to me were a priority as far as going over and above in assisting them. The hardest part of my job was when I left after 23 years of working for the State of Florida.
Human Resources Technician II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
Good starting point in career. Happy environment, promote from within. Open door policy . Employee and managers have good working relationship. Tuition waiver is a great way for young people to get their education
Good company
Facility Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 16, 2018
Good agency to work for and salary is good. i relocated back to my hometown for family concerns. Would still be employed if not for that reason. Great
helping the needy of our community
ECONOMIC SELF SUFFICIENCY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
My job at the State of Florida was a position that determined eligibility for social service programs such as Cash, Food Stamps and Medicaid. My unit was assigned the task to determine benefits for pregnant woman, Nursing Home Medicaid, disability Medicaid including Social Security application, We also tracked bills to open Medicaid for patients that hve a type of Medicaid that must be met each month.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
changes in processes
If you have a pulse, you're hired!
Department of Juvenile Justice (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2018
This facility has a very high employee turnover problem attributing to the short staffing resulting in forced overtime. They advance illiterate people.
Pros
Decent retirement plan, Good health care options
Cons
Overwhelming lack of competency among staff and leadership, Poor training methods, The facility is very depressing and filthy.
working
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  lee fl, obrian fl, palmetto flJuly 9, 2018
i loved working with the state. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of great people. I learned about lots of machines and I also traveled with them and learned tomatoes.
great place
Grade 1 Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2018
Indeed lists my job listed through the State of Florida. I actually work for a private school in boca raton as a teacher. I love my school and have been there for 15 years.
Pros
working with children
Typical Civil Service Careers with Low Pay
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJune 30, 2018
I truly enjoyed my job. Love the work, less favorable about the politics. It is my opinion that the SOF abuses OPS positions and takes advantage of that workforce. The benefits are very good.
Pros
Cost of health insurance benefits
Cons
Low wages, abuse of OPS staff
Job Review
Revenue Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2018
Management allows autonomy in the work load. Have flexibility in work start time. Have employee appreciation day. Receive holidays which include the day after Thanksgiving off and a floating holiday.
Awful, pure awful
Medical Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2018
Everyone's caseload is high. Rules change on a weekly and per person basis. Leaving ASAP. Never have i been somewhere where the office morale is terrible, and nothing is being done about it. Not to mention it is dealing with the general public: drug addicts, liars, etc.
Pros
cubicle
Cons
weak management
good career for excellent benefits and retiement
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 29, 2018
Most work days are routine. very good paid training for whatever career you choose to go into ie: park service, forestry, law enforcement or many other careers. Your work crew becomes your extended family from your boss to your equal crew member. Most typical days are routine but on occasion things can get stressful and hectic when some kind of disaster strikes, ie fire, hurricane or other natural or man made issues arise.
Pros
The benefits are the best
Cons
Perhaps the pay could be a bit better.
Low salaries, but excellent benefits
Juvenile Detention Officer II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
The only thing about the State of Florida is that it has excellent health benefits. It is the lowest paying state government in Florida. Does not pay want it should for the positions that it has.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Low salaries
Not the place to work if you have a family
Dependency Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, Fl.June 27, 2018
Management is the worst!!! They meet up in the restroom to gossip about other employees and clients. Over worked and under paid and you are expected to work over time with no over time pay only flex time!!!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Horrible management, over worked with only flex time
Good work environment
Economic Self-Sufficiency, Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
Pay mediocre benefits are great. People are nice. Room to advance but most people have been there for many years and get priority on promotion. If you’re looking for stable job and income great place to be
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 26, 2018
Good job caring for the elderly. I enjoyed the environment. I liked that I was able to give the care that was needed. My job was never done I worked for them for 5 hrs a day but I was a live in and had to continue my work after my shift was done. Dr's apts shooping and taking her for visits. I was able to care for my mother and do my job at the same time. I took her on daily walks. Coiking and cleaning. I did this for 7 day's a week.
Pros
Enjoyment of being able to care for my mom, at the same time doing what I always enjoy careing for someone.
Cons
Just to see the thankfulness on her face.
General
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 25, 2018
Handling all aspects of the recruiting life cycle. I learned leadership and accountability. The field is social services so the emotional commitment and work-life balance are a challenge.
over worked and under paid
ECONOMIC SELF SUFFICIENCY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 20, 2018
My position was self starting and management. I learned a lot about policies. The pay I would not be able to live of, the only enjoyable part about the job is the benefits.
Great place to work.
Medical Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2018
Job is a great place to work with constant on the job learning. The only down side is the bureaucratic red tape & high turnover rate of employees due to unrealistic case loads.
Pros
Learning & people
Cons
Unrealistic case loads & bureaucracy