State of Florida Employee Reviews

helping the needy of our community
ECONOMIC SELF SUFFICIENCY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
My job at the State of Florida was a position that determined eligibility for social service programs such as Cash, Food Stamps and Medicaid. My unit was assigned the task to determine benefits for pregnant woman, Nursing Home Medicaid, disability Medicaid including Social Security application, We also tracked bills to open Medicaid for patients that hve a type of Medicaid that must be met each month.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
changes in processes
If you have a pulse, you're hired!
Department of Juvenile Justice (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2018
This facility has a very high employee turnover problem attributing to the short staffing resulting in forced overtime. They advance illiterate people.
Pros
Decent retirement plan, Good health care options
Cons
Overwhelming lack of competency among staff and leadership, Poor training methods, The facility is very depressing and filthy.
working
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  lee fl, obrian fl, palmetto flJuly 9, 2018
i loved working with the state. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of great people. I learned about lots of machines and I also traveled with them and learned tomatoes.
great place
Grade 1 Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2018
Indeed lists my job listed through the State of Florida. I actually work for a private school in boca raton as a teacher. I love my school and have been there for 15 years.
Pros
working with children
Job Review
Revenue Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2018
Management allows autonomy in the work load. Have flexibility in work start time. Have employee appreciation day. Receive holidays which include the day after Thanksgiving off and a floating holiday.
Awful, pure awful
Medical Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2018
Everyone's caseload is high. Rules change on a weekly and per person basis. Leaving ASAP. Never have i been somewhere where the office morale is terrible, and nothing is being done about it. Not to mention it is dealing with the general public: drug addicts, liars, etc.
Pros
cubicle
Cons
weak management
good career for excellent benefits and retiement
Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 29, 2018
Most work days are routine. very good paid training for whatever career you choose to go into ie: park service, forestry, law enforcement or many other careers. Your work crew becomes your extended family from your boss to your equal crew member. Most typical days are routine but on occasion things can get stressful and hectic when some kind of disaster strikes, ie fire, hurricane or other natural or man made issues arise.
Pros
The benefits are the best
Cons
Perhaps the pay could be a bit better.
Low salaries, but excellent benefits
Juvenile Detention Officer II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
The only thing about the State of Florida is that it has excellent health benefits. It is the lowest paying state government in Florida. Does not pay want it should for the positions that it has.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Low salaries
Not the place to work if you have a family
Dependency Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, Fl.June 27, 2018
Management is the worst!!! They meet up in the restroom to gossip about other employees and clients. Over worked and under paid and you are expected to work over time with no over time pay only flex time!!!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Horrible management, over worked with only flex time
Good work environment
Economic Self-Sufficiency, Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
Pay mediocre benefits are great. People are nice. Room to advance but most people have been there for many years and get priority on promotion. If you’re looking for stable job and income great place to be
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 26, 2018
Good job caring for the elderly. I enjoyed the environment. I liked that I was able to give the care that was needed. My job was never done I worked for them for 5 hrs a day but I was a live in and had to continue my work after my shift was done. Dr's apts shooping and taking her for visits. I was able to care for my mother and do my job at the same time. I took her on daily walks. Coiking and cleaning. I did this for 7 day's a week.
Pros
Enjoyment of being able to care for my mom, at the same time doing what I always enjoy careing for someone.
Cons
Just to see the thankfulness on her face.
General
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 25, 2018
Handling all aspects of the recruiting life cycle. I learned leadership and accountability. The field is social services so the emotional commitment and work-life balance are a challenge.
over worked and under paid
ECONOMIC SELF SUFFICIENCY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 20, 2018
My position was self starting and management. I learned a lot about policies. The pay I would not be able to live of, the only enjoyable part about the job is the benefits.
Great place to work.
Medical Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2018
Job is a great place to work with constant on the job learning. The only down side is the bureaucratic red tape & high turnover rate of employees due to unrealistic case loads.
Pros
Learning & people
Cons
Unrealistic case loads & bureaucracy
Fun work place
Facility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 20, 2018
Loce every bit of working with the state still here till this day. You meet all sorts of people that can help u in many ways. You always able to move up in the state just have to wait on the right time.
n/a
Case Coordinator/Staff Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2018
Again, I do NOT wish to review previous employers, and would like that to be recognized and respected, due to the fact that this should be a completely voluntary section.
NextLevel
Juvenile Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
Work is tedious yet sometimes gratifying.
Pay is exceptionally low based on education and experience.
Benefits are excellent
Great team work concept
Be the change
Overwhelming
Government Operations Consultant 1 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 18, 2018
This was overwhelming and the case load can be extremely stressful. The hardest part of the job is that caseloads consistently accumulate. Co-workers can be helpful.
good place to work
Human Service Worker II Tacachale (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2018
great place to work. management was not so great. they did not want to work with staff who had to stay over. lack of communication. a lot of last minute call ins
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
too many stayovers
Positive enviorment, enthusiastic colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 14, 2018
Day began at 0800, and ended at 1600.
Management was encouraging, allowed for autonomy, clear and concise on expectations.
Workplace culture was diverse.
Hardest part of the job: not to take work home with me.
Most enjoyable part of the job: To watch people grow, tangible positive effects of employment.
Pros
Close to residence
Cons
Time constraints