State of Florida Employee Reviews

Found 1,068 reviews matching the search See all 1,073 reviews
I loved working for the state of Florida
RN Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 14, 2018
I only left my state job to transfer to another state job, for personal reasons. The jobs were great with awesome benefits and , even when I worked the night shift, I enjoyed the work.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
midnight shifts sometimes
School Nursing
OPS LPN NNurse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 12, 2018
Great job for retirees. Not a place to progress your nursing practice. You have autonomy, independence and work alone, time off without pay. The job description does not include designation for disaster support and recovery, limited training and support from supervisors when needed.
Pros
part time
Cons
micromanagers
I love working for DJJ
Juvenile Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 10, 2018
This career has catapulted me to desire a graduate degree in social work. I enjoy helping youth and meeting families from various backgrounds. Working with stakeholders has been extraordinary. DJJ is always changing for the better and creating opportunities for their employees to learn best practices. Some stress is expected due to the nature of the work but it is not every day.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
low pay
Veterans and Benefits Incentive
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escambia VA ClinicNovember 7, 2018
The work was simple and easy. There is a ton of training to include traveling to St. Pete 5 days. Office environment not okay. Cut and dry office work
Pros
Veterans and Benefits were terrific
Cons
Management and mood of the office
State Attorney for the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLNovember 6, 2018
The compensation was never great; however, this was the most fun I had at a job. It was always interesting, never dull and there were always lots of interesting people to meet and deal with.
Store Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 2, 2018
Benefits are great and health insurance as well. Flexibility, great staff to work with. Management is on top of things and are there when you encounter.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no raises
DHSMV was great department to work
Systems Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 2, 2018
Dpepartment of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles was a great organization to work for. Worked there during Y2K and achieved a great deal of satisfaction from the work accomplished
Driven
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 1, 2018
I was driven to work with youth due to my passion to help and serve. Working for the state was a great opportunity however no raises were given security with youth and families were minimal and no over time was offered. State vechicles were one state car to 12 probation officers. Supervisors arrived to work midday and work well after business hours closed that created a disconnect with our immediate supervisor.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of security
security of job
Human Service Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLNovember 1, 2018
good benefits and you know your schedule. will have to work overtime and the pts will make the job rewarding. You get to wear your own clothes dnt have to wear a uniform. the job doesnt have supervisors down your throat. the patients cant be needy and some can be aggressive just have to learn them and how to redirect them.
Pros
not the best pay but has great benefits
Cons
could use a pay increase and management that stood behind the supervisors on the houses
Enjoyable
GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT II (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 25, 2018
In this position I was able to use my experience and knowledge to perform multiple tasks and create problems that were very useful to the Organization. I was able to advance very quickly and learn new things.
Park Ranger (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLOctober 19, 2018
I love it! If you are an outdoor person like me then you will love working in a Florida State Park. In addition to the great scenery and working environment, the benefits are unsurpassed.
Pros
Casual Working Environment and the Beauty of the Great Outdoors
Cons
Negative Co-workers
Hard Job- Low Pay
Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2018
The workload is always very high. Many of the supervisors are inadequately trained for the role. Little positive motivation. Lots of pressure to cut quality in the name of meeting unrealistic quotas
easy smeazy
Assistant IT coordinator (Former Employee) –  city of SebastianOctober 13, 2018
condolences / set up for operation / open to the public /
make people and speakers comfortable/ activate meeting video
equipment and audio equipment . tape and process meeting put on a personal log for the city then proceed to send a copy to channel
twenty five . file then deactivate equipment log hours then secure building. Getting active in volunteer work to help city officials with certain activities for special services such as donations for oppressed
non profit ,Holiday celebrations organizational skills are a must have.

I enjoy organizing blood donation drives for the city to help local hospitals, I also believe personal celebrations internally are important to build self esteem of employees. jogging for cancer / Alzheimer/ or autism are my interests. my hobbies to many to list ,
roller blading/horse back riding/ flying air planes / sky diving most sports snow boarding.
Pros
comrodery
Cons
cameras
Legislative Liason
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Constituent Work
Government Liaison
Office Duties
Great place to work. Excellent boss. Stressful at times.
Enjoyed meeting not only the constituent and helping them but also dealt with other government offices and politicians serving our community.
Volunteer work kitchen duties for seven years. Learn how to prepare food
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2018
I did volunteer work while getting my G E D. worked seven years of experience perform various task without supervision,strong attention to detail. I am a reliable worker able to to communication and a team player.
Pros
Enjoy working learning about how to prepare food.
Cons
work long hours
productive
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
great place to work but due to down siding I have to move on very enjoyable time working with the public and helping people attain there driver license back
State of Florida
HSW 2 (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLOctober 7, 2018
This is a good company to work in if you need good benefits but as for pay it’s not worth it .With working with the state it’s good to have the benefit but not so much for pay
Hard worker, like to have some fun on the job as long as it does not come between work.
Senior Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2018
My typical work day is constant communication by phone and email, with work peers, Local Government Management, Sub-Recipients, and Federal Emergency Management, employees to include Management.
I have learned great organization and communication skill is a must.
Multitasking is a must, cross your "Ts" and dot your "Is" is a must.
Being a team player is a must.
The work place environment is open to communication with whomever you need to talk to, open door policies for all.
The hardest part of the job, is getting there, the drive is hard.
Sometimes I have a hard time lining up prioritizing , I do not hesitate to ask and get assistance and answers I need.
I love that we have monthly birthday lunches, and open door policy for all, you can fell free to go to the Environmental Specialist or Engineer to ask question. I am the center of communication for projects and the communication is so important to me.
Pros
Monthly Lunches, Holiday Pot Luck, Open Communication
Cons
As a OPS (Other People Services) employee, the only benefit is Heath Insurance, there is no paid vacation, sick days or holidays, you get the holiday off, but you will need to make up the time on your own, which is not the case for Career Service Employee.
stressful understaffed
Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 5, 2018
extremely stressful and understaffed. I did not enjoy this position. I only stayed due to the wonderful benefit package. The pay is terrible for the amount of work required.
I never visited the main building in Calofornia.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaOctober 5, 2018
Assessment as well as therapy for patients in different sites. Sometimes I worked two or more days per week. Also I was responsible for reporting any emergency.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not able to work outside a geographic area.