State of Franklin Healthcare Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Everything is true from these reviews
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 27, 2018
I've been reading all the reviews about sofha and let me tell you most are very true. All these positions posted and everyone says their managers are terrible, if there is so much turnover COULD IT POSSOBLY BE THE MANAGERS?...oh no I'm sure not. All the managers there are wonderful. NOT!
They are compared to prison guards. Always ready to "throw ya in the hole" for the least little things. A fraction of a rule in the policy book. The rules apply to you, but not them. And the rules ar made up as they go. May as well throw their little policy and playbooks out the window. Your supervisor will tell you how wonderful you are in front of someone then cut you to the quick in the next minute. Depends on the moment. But wait we have a wonderful team you say.
And those GIRLS in HR have no reason to think their jobs are secure. Their supervisor is one of the most cut throat women in the place. She'll kick you right down those stairs people. Are you really that naive. Walks around all high and mighty when she is really just a brown nose to her boss in order to keep that job. Priceless.
There is are employee retention incentives. If you want to quit, they want you to. Never does anyone ask what they can do to make you stay. Just wait till their days come.. and they will!
Rules apply to some but very few. Well if you are on your cell phone all day, pretending to listen to music in your earpieces, or watching movies on your phone or iPad you seem to be just perfect in their books. One supervisor listened to a whole series on her iPad and bragged about it. Or maybe your supervisor is
  more... doing her homework on her computer and you can plainly see it. I mean shes in plain view. Maybe IT should spy on her computer from time to time or at least their wireless service to see what supervisors are looking at. Maybe their busy shopping lol. Buying that pair of shoes or clothes all day long. Do you really think we cant see. Youre were shocked sometimes when we walked around the corner and would have to minimize your screen quickly or slam your phone shut. Or maybe you can talk to your family all morning. Or leave whenever you want .and no one ever sees you make up YOUR time.But wait you can do that right? You're the sainted supervisor.
There are so many things that could just go on blast right here. Telling detail by detail about things. But I still have to have this job.
Do you not realize 5 out of 10 people are looking for jobs? Or does SOFHA not care.
Then you have those who tell how much they love their jobs. Remember,they've worked about half the town over so that may be a last resort.
Well I think you get the picture by what these people have posted because they are right.
SOFHA should be a no go!

S=so capabale of being a good place to work
O=only if they restructure
F=founded on lies lies lies
H= Has terrible managers
A= always advertising for help, must be a reason

Drop the mic
Pros
Free lunches, comedy watching people suck up
Cons
Did uou read anything i typed?
Don’t Recommend and HR is cut throat and don’t care about fairness
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 26, 2018
SOFHA is a large private owned company. See the many openings from turnover d/t HR/management riding you. Some employees can get by with anything they please and others are picked apart for rules “against policy handbook” that you didn’t even do unless you are considered a FAVORITE employee then you can do whatever you want. Including sit at their desk-play on cellphones down to browse the internet. Pay is very low for experienced nurses. What I made hourly I was paid more in 2009 w/another company. Insurance is all high deductible to the point you can’t afford to go to the Dr. LIKE THEY CANT AFFORD BETTER INS PREMIUMS. Don’t expect your managers to stand up for you w/HR when your not in the wrong. HR treats you unfairly regardless of the situation unless you are “THE FAVORITE EMPLOYEE”. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to deal w/drama and gossip. I thought they would be a great place but found out real quick to RUN. Just being truthful but Upper Mgmnt doesn’t care if you are truthful or not. HR don’t care about your honesty when you try to explain or stand up for self. It’s sad to work at a place and give your best when HR will come down on you and discipline you w/out a thought. I had to find somewhere else because I can’t work for a place that don’t care about their employees or no praise for what you do good. They make you feel like your worthless unless your that “FAVORITE EMPLOYEE” that is the exception.
Pros
Nice to help patients
Cons
HR/Mgmnt has favorites, Ins High, LOW pay etc. See Review!!!!
State of Franklin needs restructure
Rma (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 24, 2018
I rally have no comments other than what others have said. There are some changes needed at SOFHA. Usually supervisors do not have time for staff except tooi criticize or be little them.
My manager is bad too talk about other staff and patients too once they had left or checked out. Nothing is confidential.
My coworker and I bow to keep the peace. Cant do a satisfaction survey because it's on our computers so IT can tell exactly who says what.
I wouldn't recommend SOFHA anymore. At one time I would have but alot had changed and not necessarily for the best.
Pros
Some nice co workers, free lunches
Cons
No breaks nothing confidential manager talks about other staff and patients
Absolute mistake!! Terrible turnover
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson CITY TNSeptember 12, 2018
What is there to say other than worker beware!. I worked there from 2015 until Feb. 2018 why did I wait so long to leave?
SOFHA presents itself as a top-notch company, great work environment, top pay, and let's go on and on about nothing! I have been a nurse for 12 years and honestly this is the most ridiculous, money hungry place I'd ever tried to work. Physician owned is true and you can tell-because this is the most money hungry place I've ever seen. Nothing more than a bunch of "in my eyes" fraudulent activity going on. Any loophole to make a dollar.
Supervisors are the most power hungry also, doing anything short of cutting their own throat to make themselves look good or to move up a transparent ladder. People are in charge or employees, and that supervisor has no idea what their supervised employee does.
Favoritism is another downfall or SOFHA. Unless you are the "golden haired" child, you immediately become the red headed step child. There is no attempt to hide this at all. One walk around the place will show you that. And speaking of walking, be sure to time those people you see outside walking one day. I could go to lunch and the bank and the same ones would be in the parking lot walking. Waste of time I would think. Now pay for that time on your next bill. I'm sure its somehow figured in .
Compensation is decent for the job performed, I will give them that. But for all the BS endured, one would be well underpaid.
It's easy to tell who makes the money though, check out the automobiles at the administrative office compared to just regular hourly employees.
  more... Didnt think you could get that many high end cars in one parking lot.
In 3 years I could never get a day off. My son has missed several MD appointments because of again favoritism. He cant get an orthodontic appointment, but the next kids parent cant have the day off because "hes got to go to his therapist", tell me what's the difference here?
Turnover- has anyone noticed how many ads are here on Indeed for positions to be filled. Most are nurses but some are for administrative positions as well. There is no job security whatsoever. I think that SOFHA is so cutthroat it doesn't matter if you can do the job or not, if your next on the chopping block, into the basket your head will go.
Lastly I want to say I did enjoy the free lunch and learns once or twice per week. We had a party (SOFHA catered) once or twice a year. But we always got those cheap gifts. The doctors actually came and job mobbed with the common folk.
HR is a complete joke. Again, not employee focused as they should be. That starts from a supervisor on down. I thought HR stood for Human Resources. Nothing in there makes them human at all, quite the opposite.
Ask yourself why you would want to work here after reading all the reviews. I wish I had spent 3 years more wisely. This past 6 months has been the best of my life. No stress, no practice administrator (RS) in my face.
I've been as honest as I can be and not contradict EVERYTHING they've said about themselves. But that is what SOFHA is....a contradition!
Good luck in your job search
Pros
Free lunches, nice break areas
Cons
Unobtainable goals; poor employee retention; obnoxious practice administrator
Okay place to work
None (Former Employee) –  Pinnacle familySeptember 10, 2018
inconsistent rules depending on the person and no room for advancement. They don't acknowledge the good or correct things you are doing that are helping, just what you are doing wrong.
Pros
Free lunches. Nice providers.
Cons
Favorites, not very good pay
Thriving and stable primary care physician practice dedicated to high quality patient care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 7, 2018
Caring providers who appreciate their support team, most co-workers are outstanding but those who are slackers or behave badly do not fit well and are probably the ones making the negative comments. This is a growing company that pays and treats their employees very well so don't let the those who probably got disciplined or fired scare you away. Check it out for yourself.
Pros
Stable and growing company, annual pay increases and bonuses, benefits are good but 401k company contribution is outstanding and not based on match, managers are fair and reasonable
Cons
Advancement is limited since people are pretty happy and stay in their jobs a long time, poor performers whine the loudest, thank goodness they do not last very long
Dont settle for sofha
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 6, 2018
As a current employee of SOFHA ,I probably need to be careful what I say here. I started as an RMA and am now a nurse. The providers are fairly nice but my office manager is a complete idiot. We know how to do our job. She does not need to micro manage everything. Honestly she has no clue what we do, and cant so it if she did because she doesn't have a license. And God forbid you ask for a day off>denied. No point in reporting her to anyone. She is so far up their behinds they would never hear anyone.
We work our behinds off and are never appreciated. I'll hopefully transfer to another position soon. If I dont I'm going to lose my mind and nothing is worth going crazy.
Pros
Drug reps frequently bring lunch
Cons
Everything I just mentioned in the paragraph anove
Glad to be part of this top notch company
RN Quality Improvement Team (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 30, 2018
I’m a current employee of the QI Team. I am glad to be part of a stable company with a low stress environment and continued growth. I appreciate the promotional opportunities that are provided and the receptiveness of supervisors to new ideas. Great hours as well.
Pros
Stability/low stress/opportunities/hours
Pros cons
Quality improvent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City tnApril 25, 2018
Pros we're free lunches after of course everyone in management picked over it downstairs
The RN manager who is absolutelylueless to the job
Can't leave anything out because of mice in building
Obvious favorites which is not good managerial skills
Money money money is all they think about
No place to take a break
Pay is very poor compared to other jobs in area of same nature

Hot in summer cold in winter not insulation in building
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
See explanation.mice in building, no breakroom
Boring, micro managed, favoritism, money obsessed
Qit (Former Employee) –  TNApril 25, 2018
I worked on the QIT team. Always micro managed by a supervisor who had no clue what you really did. Pay was less than area average. Favoritism was not even attempted to be hidden. Never did you hear how much you're appreciated, only more and more packed on you. And good lands don't you dare miss a day. You never hear the end of it from super or HR. Never any advancement for LPN. RN RN RN all they think about. And money, money, money.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
See above
Decent place to work
PSR (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 1, 2018
The provider's I work for are great but the pay's not that great. Benefit's are ok but could be better. They need to be more competitive when it comes to they're pay and value their employees better.
physician owned company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 13, 2017
state of franklin health care is a thriving learning environment for those starting out in their career. employer who stays up to date on health care changes.
Very Stressful
LPN (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 11, 2017
Difficult Hours and too many calls at home to come in and work. Not much opportunity for advancement, but the pay is good. Insurance is too high in my opinion.
A company with a good heart
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 24, 2017
This is a company making decisions based on the best care they can provide patients. Still has a small company feel with over 600 team members. I recommend this company as a place to work.
Positive Job Culture
Registered Nurse/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 29, 2016
Multispecialty physician group handling the healthcare needs of the Johnson City community. Caring physician whose primary mission is top quality patient care.
Pros
Patients cared for in an environment of team work
Cons
Great organization from the top down. Take great care of employees
PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 5, 2016
Having worked for SOFHA for the past nine years has been a very rewarding opportunity. The CEO and COO are absolutely fantastic to work for. SOFHA does a great job taking care of it's employees rewarding them fairly for all they do.

Physicians, nurses and non clinical staff are exceptional as well. Great customer service and the best physicians and nurses in town.
Management not great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 20, 2016
Upper Management wasn't great. Out site out of mind mentally. Middle management could have been great if upper management would have given them a chance to manage. Most of the employee's were great. Can't say the same about all of the physicians. A lot of complaints regarding one physician from a lot of patients that couldn't be addressed by middle management because upper management didn't want to upset him. Understaffed and upper management not willing to hire anybody help with the work load.
Pros
Free lunches everyday
Cons
Understaffed, poor upper management, horrible physician not taking care of his patients
A productive and caring workplace
Paid Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 24, 2015
The management did well with keeping the office organized and productive. The doctors and other staff members were kind, hard working, and diligent to achieve what needed to be done every day. All of the employees were welcoming, friendly, and helpful to each other as well as the patients. While there, I learned how to use a clinical module program designed to hold all patient information. I was in charge of looking up patient records and editing a worksheet of each patient. Such as example would be if a patient had a recent appointment and their record profile indicated it but the tangible worksheet did not. I would write their latest appointment date and what lab work/ evaluations were done during the appointment onto this worksheet. the purpose of having a tangible worksheet was so that the nurses could keep track of patients more easily without constantly having to log on to the computer to find information about a patient. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the clinical module program. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was the fact that I was helping the nurse I worked with to do most of the paperwork/ computer side of the job while she examined patients.
Pros
Free lunches were provided on approximately two days of each week.
Cons
The work got very repetitive.
Relocation
LPN (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 11, 2015
My family is relocating to Knoxville. I am excited for a new adventure to begin. I quite enjoyed this experience. This was a fun place to work.
Recent Employee
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 13, 2015
Great place to work, excellent co-workers, great pay, excellent physicians, and fair workload. A typical day includes rooming patients, administering injections, obtaining vitals signs, and assisting physician with exams.
Pros
Great staff and physicians