State of Hawaii
77Above average

State of Hawaii Employee Reviews

United States298 reviews
Enjoyable environment.
Good principal who treats everyone fairly. Enjoyable colleagues to work with. Many professional development opportunities are offered to increase knowledge.
good work enviremont
28 years of my life and i loved it, it was the best time when i was working around people who cared about clients we tried our best to help them thru their problems
University security officer
It’s a great group of guys to work with. Good benefits being from the state of Hawaii. And easy to get along with the employer and coworkers which develop a strong bond between each other
variety of duties makes it interesting
You get to experience different job duties throughout your employment. It may be challenging at first. But, you get to learn a lot in fields that you normally wouldn't do in the private sectors.
Productive and fun place
It was a productive and fun place to work. The weather was nice for business. The work was interesting. It was located on the island of Oahu. It may expand.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
constant change
I like making a difference, this job allows me to help my community in a positive and productive way.
Learned experience, is humility daily faces with different clients with different needs and circumstances .

changing always

we are a vast verity of cultures

not taking it home with you. You feel for the clients and their struggles and its difficult to leave these experiences at work.

Making a difference
Management at the department I worked at was all about favoritism I worked with this department for twenty years and the department would do anything they wanted to
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management
Working with Others
Team Work!!
Daily duties include - human resource, payroll, leaves, talking to parent's, students, employees.

Culture is GREAT!!

The most enjoyable is when we complete projects and work has a team!!
Good benefits
State of Hawaii has A good job security. I have been working for 27 years at DLNR. Good to meet new employees. A great career and great place to work with good benefits.
Productive, Fun
very good and productive work place, nice learning experience and
good management. Had opportunity to learn functional and technical aspects of healthcare implementation.
Decent work environment
As a Carpenter 1 i performed various carpentry, and masonry tasks to upkeep state facilities as well as schools. Tasks were distributed as to the urgency of the task.
Great experience and benefits.
Great opportunity and security. Excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. Great working environment and great coworkers. I look forward to returning one day. .
I am having a good experience
I enjoy it very much. It is a busy government office, so the work day goes fast. Benefits are great! I am almost pas the probationary period. Mahalo.
productive fun to work with
simple to the point honest direct get job done no worries always impressed.this should be the place where i can retire and have have kids so i can settle down.
State of Hawaii Job
I loved working for the state of Hawaii. The mission was positive and followed well. The people were great and I fell in love with Hawaiian culture! Would move back there in a heartbeat!!
Pros
Beautiful
Cons
Far from family
Hard worker Good work ethics Team Player
A typical day at work for me would be, arrive on the jobsite about 30 minutes early. Talk to supervisor and figure out what is on the schedule for today. Take inventory of supplies needed and tools required to complete the task in a professional timely manner. Proceed to accomplish all tasks that were appointed to me and team members. After job is completed ,double check work area for any mistakes or tools left behind. Last I would talk it over with the customer or supervisor and make sure job is completed and done to every ones liking. Then wrap up the day and get ready for the next days job.
Pros
Always learning something new .Overcoming new challenges.
Cons
Down time, Fixing mistakes
productive with continual learning environment
Be ready for anything related to the environment you are employed in. It can be challenging but is also rewarding. Other employees readily assist new Nurses. Managment is available to assist with problem solving.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Challenging environment
It has been extremely rewarding. Many opportunities to learn and grow.
My entire adult working career has been with the State of Hawaii. Working conditions have been good. Wages have been fair. Opportunities have been many.
fine
I was an intern. it was fine. I wasn't asked to do very much. In fact, I wouldn't recommend interning there unless you know someone who works at the Leg prior to starting your session.
Great experience
Got lots of experience working with at-risk youth and families. Management was amazing and pay was more than expected. Hardest part of job was time management with cases.
great structure
the staff involved with teaming up with our department was great. they interacted and responded in a speedy and professional way. the plans and procedures with evacuations and drills were very nicely planned.
Pros
company vehicles
Cons
works sundays for overtime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Hawaii. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight