State of Indiana Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INJuly 14, 2018
It was very productive and well ran. It was and outstanding company. I wish more jobs treated u like the State of Indiana. I meet some great people along the way
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
My reviews when it comes to working for the department of revenue that it was a great company it helps you learn lots of different skills when it comes to tax returns, but as far as advancement it not that easy to advance in the company like most provide companies are
State Correctional Institution hired me as an inmate sanitation worker.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INJuly 3, 2018
I was a sanitation worker in prison. I was fortunate to have a job at all. I had a roof over my head (a cell), clothes (basic), food (barely tolerable), and health care (okay but just don't get sick!). What more can I say...….
Generally a good job
Vocational Rehabilitation Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 29, 2018
There was a problem in my office about the supervisor finding favorites. If she was in a good mood then it wouldn't matter but as soon as her mood changed, if you weren't a favorite watch out. She let others come in late, make their own schedule at last minute, take time off without using their earned time, etc.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Favoritism
No longer happy
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
I don't feel like I could give a honest opinion at this time. My experience is not a great one at this time. I am sure not all State Departments function like mine.
Work/Life Balance was excellent
Ombudsman/Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
Every day brought something a little different. The nature of my job demands that I interact with the general public. The fact that it was a job created by statute, and working in a legal environment, means that there are many opinions and interpretations about the law itself, and the best way to manage/function within that framework.

The workplace culture is very "laid-back". I rarely wore a suit, and when I did, it was only for speaking engagements or when I needed to attend courtroom proceedings. The work-life balance is by far the best. I enjoyed a very flexible schedule for a number of years.

The hardest part of the job was balancing competing interests, and opinions from upper management, as well as those of the practicing attorneys, physicians and their staffs, nurse case managers, insurance adjusters, employers, and well as upset claimants.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
No room for growth at the agency i was in
This position is no longer available
Psychiatric Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henry County, INJune 21, 2018
I worked at New Castle State Developmental Center but it has closed down and become a prison now. The job was rewarding and paid pretty good for the area.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Closed down
State Eligibility Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
No information given at this time. Would love to move up with the company, but there is hardly any chance to advance in the sector I’m currently employed with.
Very Great place to improve an apprentice's technical skills
HVAC/R Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INJune 16, 2018
Loved working everyday for my supervisor, and working beside the journeyman.
Experienced commercial plumbing, using steam.
As well as learn minor electrician techniques.
Family Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 13, 2018
Needed a change and it’s easy to get burned out. Love the co-workers. Everyone is supportive and works together. It is fast paced and difficult work but can also be rewarding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Stressful environment
Impact Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 7, 2018
Difficult job requiring great interview skills, needs assessments. Working with people who are in great financial and job skills needs. Caseloads far exceeded the standard on a regular basis.
Pros
Good compensation and insurance
Cons
Challenging work environment and job.
Served as Governor Daniel's Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor - Governor Mitch Daniels (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
Originally appointed in 2008 to help devise strategy aimed at increasing gubernatorial support in unconventional parts of the state. Responsibilities ballooned into oversight of many of the administrations’ programs and initiatives; ensuring accountability and representation of the state’s underrepresented.

Bridged relationship(s) between the administration and local grass-roots community leaders throughout Indiana. Designed specific touch points throughout the state, along with talking points created to articulate the message and achievements of the governor from the previous 4-four years in office. Advised the governor on the impact of state programs and initiatives on various communities throughout the state; specifically, Indiana’s most vulnerable.
number driven
State Eligibility Consultant (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 7, 2018
all about numbers and getting perfection in reviews. no room for error and disciplined harshly. can be put on work probation for failing a review. only have meetings once a month even though processes may change in the meantime.
challenging,fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 6, 2018
very fun ,challenging, different, ability to travel and meet different cultres and people, I learn alot of different skill to carrier me through life.
i was locked up
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJune 6, 2018
I was in prison working for the state of Indiana so I was locked up away from my family and im glad im not there anymore the pay sucked and the bosses weanted you to work for slave wages
Pros
better myself
Cons
locked up away from family
N/a
Collaborative Care Case Manager (3CM) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
As far as entry level positions, this job gives you the opportunity to work with diverse populations in a variety of scenarios to promote personal and professional growth. Though challenging, this job is very rewarding so long as you are able to manage time, separate work from personal life, and be organized.
lunch and or me time break
notary public (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
I feel a typical day at work should be constructive, beneficial in a pleasant atmosphere. The workplace should be one that employees
are safe. and able to be productive and able to present good customer service if and when necessary. Customer service is very important because it plays a big part in the success of a business.
It is important to be a team player and abe to work well independently as well as wiyh
Pros
lunch or me time
Cons
1 break during the day
Great place to work for little pay
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2018
If you don't care about the money, DNR is a great place to work. Great coworkers who work together like family. There just isn't much money in working for the state.
Pros
great employees, great activities
Cons
low pay
litigious
Highway Maintenance Worker III (non-union) (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 19, 2018
I am not interested in providing truthful details about a state government if anything I say i.e. write here will potentially be used to discredit or litigate me.
High paced, high stress rewarding job
Regional Relative Care Support Specialist- Region (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 11, 2018
Terrific entry level job if you’re passionate about families and making a difference. There is a high burn out rate due to poor work/life balance and low pay