State of Indiana Employee Reviews

Great leadership
Correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 12, 2018
Great leadership. The training was excellent great teacher. The teacher in CTI made sure you were well prepared and was there to help you no matter what.
Productive and very socialable fun working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
Working at my place of employment is very peaceful, and the people truly work together to make sure that each and every person get ahead. We work as a team so what I've learned is how to be a productive leader.Management is good here. Fun and very energetic.The hardest part of my job is not being able to do as much as I want. The most enjoyable part of my joy has to be helping others
Pros
Open-mindedness and learning more able what we do
relaxed and enjoyable
Public Assistance Caseworker 5 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2018
I worked at a location where the staff and management felt like family. We had many pitch ins and bbq's. We often socialized after work. I am still friends with many of my coworkers. Best employer I've ever worked for.
Pros
flexible, great coworkers and management
Cons
fast paced
Good job
Clerical Assistant 3 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46204October 5, 2018
The benefits and days off for the job were good. The workplace was stressful at times and management was not always fair to their employees. Advancement was not easy because most managers didn't want to help you move up. The managers also did alot of unnecessary write ups.
Pros
Benefits and time off
Cons
Supervisors and Managers were not the best.
Indiana Department of correction
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 5, 2018
Working for the Indiana dept of corrections can become very stressful.It can be a good career job. I chose to make a career of it. The hardest part of this job was dealing with a lot of different emotions.
Pros
job security
Cons
health care
Not conducive for advancement and growth
Indiana (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2018
As long as you come in and do your work and don't question the process things are OK.

Good job for starting career

Look for advancements after 5 years as job can become monotonous

Most of the good people have been driven away
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No consideration for advancement
Awesome Work Experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 3, 2018
I LOVED working for the State of Indiana, I just did not love the fact that I was a contract employee working for an hourly wage that was not even sufficient to meet the cost of living in my area & that my benefits went from being top-notch to sub-par.
Not a very understanding place to work. Control in management is a major problem
Recovery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 1, 2018
I loved working at the state, but the management are control obsessive. There is no job security there, and if you have any type of issues where you need rehab for mental or substance abuse they are not understanding about this at all. They don't understand that life happens with people.
Pros
coworkers are great
Cons
too many to list
Low pay for most positions, but the benefits can be very helpful and you get a good amount of time off
Child Support Bureau, Manager (PDE7) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2018
It really depends on the agency to determine what your experience will be like. Most jobs don't pay extremely well and they do a lot of promoting from within, so you must work your way up.
Case Management on a daily basis
Family Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
A typical work day being a family case manager was joyful. Co-workers became family. Every one helped everybody around them. Working for DCS was a great experience.
Productive workplace always busy
Program Specialist 5 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2018
Was a good place to work but no longer happy working there. Hardiest part of the job is knowing who to trust. The double standards that occurs. Has been getting very unpleasant.
Pros
37.5 hr work week insurance
Cons
Things always change
Unfair supervisor
Secretary IV (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 7, 2018
Very stressful, unfair and no room for advancement. Always dread going to work. You work hard with no rewards or advancement. The work is not bad or hard. It's a particular supervisor that needs to retire.
Great environment
State Eligibility Consultant, FSSA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
Teamwork focus driven, ability to help public. Customer service drivdn environment with great life work balance. Policies and procedures clearly identified.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Repetitive
Program speialist
Labor Analyst 3 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
To much micromanaging. To much drama from management and too cut throat. I would not recommend employment with the state of Indiana. Other states take better care of there employees.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
To low pay and state should take better care if there employees. Cost of heath insurance is to high.
Poor work culture and do not recommend employment
Family Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 10, 2018
Too long to provide an accurate description. Organizational changes, middle management lack of support and skill set, and work volume make this specific job extremely difficult to pursue a career.
Pros
Stable employment.
Cons
Poor promotional opportunities.
Good active place of work
Program specialist 5 (Former Employee) –  Kokomo,inAugust 9, 2018
Low pay for work you do no room for advancement and lack of raises for your work opportunity to move up is very limited which is sad opportunity to learn new things is always available
Pros
Insurance paid days off
Productive, recognition and fun environment to work
Senior-Business Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2018
Moral is up, offer more learning tools for employees to expand their knowledge and to succeed. The work place culture is a fun environment to work and give a little flexibility. Appreciation and recognition of the work that is provided by the employees has raised the morale as well.
Enjoyes working for the Plus Program.
Plus Progam Aide (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INAugust 5, 2018
good enviroment. lots of opportunities. I never lacked the opportunity to grow as a human being. Always able to help others achieve their goals. Always a positive enviroment.
Pros
Always challenging. Good growth opporunities.
Just a job
Gaming Law Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 26, 2018
Working for State was good and fun. Poor pay and benefits have gotten worse. Low moral but great team players. Managers are moody and politics come into play.
Pros
Job
Cons
Stress
good job for someone with ADD/ADHD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INJuly 22, 2018
This job is tough, challenging, and interesting. If you take on a job here, spend any spare moments reading manuals. If you know what the manuals say, you will be able to get along.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
a lot of information to learn in a short time