State of Louisiana Employee Reviews

Student Worker
STUDENT WORKER- INFORMATION TECH (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2018
I was responsible for answering the telephone; filing, making copies and running errands. It was a great experience to work as a high school student for the State of Louisiana.
Student worker-day at work
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for this employer and the experience that was gained from it.
Air Conditioning Installer (Former Employee) –  Tunica, LADecember 27, 2018
The company provided me with good experience that will give me a firm foundation for furthering my career in the HVAC field.

I look forward to working in the HVAC field for many years to come.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Decent benefits.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 3, 2018
Has great retirement and insurance benefits. Pay isn't great, but it's enough to get by. The hardest part of the job was traveling and being away from family.
stressful
Social Services Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 3, 2018
This is a very stressful job. Hours can be long and can work for k-time and not overtime if needed. Have to work hurricane disaster and other disasters as called upon. Can be taken away from family for these.. You have to be dedicated and organized to complete all deadlines and still handle large caseload.
Pros
state job
Cons
stress
indifferent
SOCIAL SERVICES ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LANovember 26, 2018
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to sharpen my people skills while working as a public servant. Working here helped me to realize my ethical baseline.
Hostile environment to work in....
Juvenile Justice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, LANovember 19, 2018
Let’s just say it was never the kids but the staff. This facility is ran poorly by unqualified, unprofessional people. Administration let their title define who they are and use their authority to mess over their staff. The environment of BCCY is very hostile because of the staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Experinence
Probation and Parole Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 12, 2018
Started out right out of college. Learned so much and feel like I had some of the best training during my tenure. I greatly appreciate my fellow employees who are all supportive of one another. I feel it is a wonderful place to work and help the juvenile population.
Benefits
Don't do it!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 11, 2018
The benefits are amazing, but the pay is terrible. I left and easily got 10k more a year working fewer hours. It was very disorganized, and I was held accountable for information that I was never trained on. Very much Louisiana good ole boy business. Also, work load is insane for the pay.
Pros
Benefits, sick and vacation time
Cons
High work load, no recognition, cronyism
feels like your locked up
engineering (Former Employee) –  Homer, LAOctober 20, 2018
They breath down your back like your a prisoner, yell and scream as if they are the smartest people on earth, i feel bad for them my job was only temporary , they are stuck there
Pros
nothing good
Cons
there all cons
DNR is an excellent agency.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2018
My position as Internal Auditor at DNR provided the opportunity to see all aspects of the agency. I was able to not only review the financial side of the agency but also the operating side.
Great Place to Work
Statewide Accounting System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2018
The state of Louisiana has offered excellent career opportunities and advanced level jobs. Entry level jobs are not difficult to obtain; however many upper level jobs are hired from within.
broad experience
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 12, 2018
was able to acquire broad regulatory experience for the many different industries subject to environmental regulations of the State of Louisiana and the Federal Government
great place to work
truck unloader/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 9, 2018
the job itself was great and I loved loading and unloading trucks as well as operating the forklift, however, the pay and hours weren't sufficient at the time
Pros
loved driving forklifts and loading trucks
Cons
pay
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, LASeptember 26, 2018
I enjoy working wth my patients. I look forward to seeing them accomplish different activities of daily living. It's something different to look for every day.
Pros
Good patients
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
I love helping our Veterans
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 25, 2018
I love working with our Veterans, I am basically a teller for our resident accounts. I am opened 4 hours a day. The other 4 hours I am paying the resident's bills and processing new admit paper work, and the sad part of my job is closing out resident's fund when they discharge, usually when they pass away. The fun part of my job is getting to know our Veterans and their families. I am responsible for our petty cash and meal tickets. I balance both at the end of each day. I make all the deposits for our home. I post deposits and with draws into our 4 checking accounts. I print reports everyday. I have been working in accounting since 1979. I stayed home many years to raise my children and have only been back for about 5 years. I am enjoying working again.
Pros
vacation time. The state offers great vacation time.
Cons
Tight budgets and not great pay, to much politics and red tape
Excellent staff
Administrative Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Mental Health Advocacy Service, a State of Louisiana agency. It was a very relaxed office environment that only became stressful during audit season. Other than that, from the director on down to all the attorneys, I had an excellent experience working there.
Cons
Pay is too low to survive adequately on
Stable and Necessary
Social Service Analyst & Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LASeptember 5, 2018
I miss the stability I had working for the State. The State is a tough job, however, it is a necessary and rewarding job doing child welfare. I miss the families I worked with on a regular basis.
Love the job,
Legislative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LaAugust 30, 2018
Wonderful job, I have learned a lot about government. Interesting people to meet. There are many parts to this job that I have enjoyed learning about.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Not enough pau for a single person
working on getting GED
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Minden, LAAugust 20, 2018
Allow me to do home health care for senior citizens/disabled citizens. Im able to continue my drive on getting my GED and time with family. I am currently seeking employment with more hrs to meet car payments utilities.
Pros
Doing something help our seniors
Cons
need more hrs