State of Missouri Employee Reviews

Co-workers are great. Work on a great team.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2019
Case managers are blamed for everything. Overworked. High case loads. Low pay. No raises. Case managers have unrealistic expectations. Work is never ending and impossible to get ahead. Training sucks. Every department tells you to do something a different way. No one really knows what the policies are. Now that they are not under merit system rules you can be fired at anytime for anything. Even if you can prove that you’ve done the job according to policy.
Benefits
Cons
Work load
Not happy
Investigator II (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2019
In my case, it was the division I worked for. So to say working for the State of Missouri sucks, isnt entirely correct. The Childrens Division suckes. You're overworked, they are NOT flexible or understanding about personal matters, they do NOT care about their employees or the families they are supposed to serve. Bad calls were made almost daily. No recognition for good work done. Good employees leave shortly after starting because of management. Management doesnt follow protocol and often lies.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment, they do not care about work/life balance, they dont care about employees and bad calls are made often
I was incarcerated at a women’s state prison
Housekeeper/Maintainence/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOMarch 12, 2019
If your wondering why I didn’t say a lot of good about working there I’m gonna tell you that it’s because I was incarcerated at a state women’s penitentiary and no ou didn’t get paid good but most generally I worked for good people and it helped time pass
Great Benefits
Family support eligibility specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, MOMarch 9, 2019
Pay is not the greatest however the benefits and time off are amazing
Wonderful coworkers, family oriented
Positive workplace culture
Helping citizens of the State of MO
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Please see my review
Physician examiner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 26, 2019
I waa an independent contractor working less than a PT
It gave me free time.
TOO many papers.
Agressive clients sometime
Too much work with insufficient compensation.
Since I was an independent contractor,I worked in my office
Pros
Free time
Cons
Low income
Productive and relaxed place to work
Information Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 25, 2019
The State of Missouri is a good place to work for people just coming in to the work force. The work culture is relaxed in down time and head down hard at work when it calls for it. I learned Orion Rhapsody which is a integration program on my own in six months. I say on my own because there is almost no free information about Orion Rhapsody on the internet. I did have the slight guidance (when time allowed) of a mentor. The most enjoyable part about my job is my job. l love working on Orion Rhapsody and I love the people there. However the odds of you getting a promotion where you are at are slim to none. It takes a person changing jobs to get a promotion in the State of Missouri.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Advancement Possibilities Slim
Stressful, low pay, and no support for nurses. All they want are warm bodies.
RN Senior (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 24, 2019
Verbally abusive mgmt, mandatory OT only for certain people, poor mgmt. I worked there almost 10 yrs and was fired after filing a grievance against an abusive mgr with a long track record. It’s toxic. Stay away! They do not acknowledge nurses week or any other thing to show nurses even matter. We are warm bodies and it’s all they care about. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Chance to grow
Lead Barber (Former Employee) –  Jefferson CityFebruary 20, 2019
The State of Missouri offered me the chance to grow and advance my carreer skills and oportunities. It was a very structured enviroment. They helped me learn how to prioritize my time.
Pros
Structured
Cons
n/a
not a bad job
Officer I (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 16, 2019
not a lot to say about being a state employee except that Missouri is very low pay for what a correctional officer goes through on the job. but the Benefits are good
Pros
state Job
Cons
Pay could be better
Stressful position
Family Support Clerical, Elig. Spec., Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MO 63501February 4, 2019
On a typical day I was assigned 20-30 Food Stamp applications to complete interviews on and determine eligibility. The normal interview time was 15 to 20 minutes. It was required that you process as many of the assigned applications each day and by the due dates.
A Great Place to work
Senior Office Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
I really enjoyed working there but when they got a new Director she went through and downsized the unit and demoted our pay and I could not life on that income.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Very stressful but fun
Excellent Benefits
Office Support Assistant and Personnel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 17, 2019
The State of Missouri offers excellent benefits. The pay isn't what other others make for the same type of work in this area, but the benefits are better than anywhere else. Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance are available at reasonable rates. The paid time off is the very best!

My experience with working for Department of Mental Health in Sikeston MO has been excellent. The office is relaxed and most everyone works together as a team. Supervisors are excellent.
Pros
Insurance, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Cons
The pay
Horrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2019
If u like being underpaid and mistreated work for DMH!
U WILL not be properly trained. If ur a case manager ur overworked and ur caseload is high. U might even get fired if u get behind.
Do not work here especially kcrc
Corrections Officer I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2018
If I could give no stars I would. Kansas city reentry center is a joke. They are horrible people. The management is horrible. Pay is horrible. The department treats women like garbage. They break the laws and policy. They don’t care. You get mandatory overtime. They put any and everyone under investigation for forever and a day. Do not do it. Do not do it. Do not do it. Captain is horrible. The warden doesnt have a back bone. Dont do it. Turnover rate is astronomical. The director sucks.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Everything else
Underpaid
PPOII CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 11, 2018
underpaid 5 years and no raise. high caseloads, high turnover and more expectations. Some people work hard others don't. All get the same payment. No appreciation for the hard workers.
Highly stressful , demanding, unorganized
Academic Teacher III (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MODecember 10, 2018
This was a repetitive, stressful, demanding, and unorganized department to work for. My job at the state of MO was confidential in many areas. I always had to be on guard for offender distractions and disturbances. Safety and security was my number on duty. I taught a multi level classroom from grades 0 to 12,9. Each student was working on a different subject so I switched from reading, math, and language constantly.
Pros
2 breaks and lunch
Cons
long walk to break area and no raises
Slow
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2018
No pay raises , the state is very cheap. They don’t do any pay increases they are very backward on they pay scale. Lots off stick time you can accumulate
Pros
Off time
Cons
No pay raises
Great Work Place
⦁ Janitorial Services

Great Work Place
Great Place to Work on
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2018
A good job environment create a great joy of work and learning the new things with the best learning experience. It is one of those places which I have experienced with. We had a great time at work by supporting each one.
Flex hours
Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2018
State of Missouri provided an opportunity to work in a team environment as well as independently. It was nice to have some control over your daily scheduling and lunch.