State of Nebraska Employee Reviews

Would have it would have to be the nursing homes good activity for the residence
Medication Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
Typical day at work will be getting to work at a fishing time to start your day a typical day would be getting notes and exchanging information as far as the resident goes. The hardest part about the job will be when people don't come to work like they supposed to it makes it hard on other workers because they have to pick up the extra Slack. The funniest part about the job would be interacting with the residents talking and doing activities with the residence and getting to know who you you working with as well.
A day in the life of a Program Specialist
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJune 25, 2018
Everyday is different,with a focus on activity at hand. Learning about Medicaid and opportunities for quality improvement. Culture is changing under new leadership with business acumen in mind, which is a very positive and refreshing change. Collaboration may happen someday across departments.
Pros
great people kind and supportive
Cons
silos gallore
Good work place
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 24, 2018
Enjoyed working there. More management than workers. Nt open to chaanges that would make jobs easier. I loved what I was doing in payrll, but the load was very demanding.
Are you my friend, or are you fired
Temporary Highway Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 22, 2018
Hostile work environment. As a temporary worker you get treated like garbage. No equality. Sexual discriminating is high. They hold temporary workers to a higher standard than their permanent workers. Meaning that if you, being temporary, make a mistake, exactly like a mistake that a permanent worker makes, you will be disciplined with a higher severity than their permanent workers.

The training is non existent. Your superiors will first watch you struggle and do it wrong and complain that your doing it wrong even tho you stated you have no idea how to do the task prior to doing it.

Morning job briefing. You walk in the crew room in the morning and clock in. You ask "What are we doing today?". They say "That's a need to know basis". So no job briefing. You only know what your doing when you are right about to do it. In most cases.

No provided clean water. Just tap water. Unpaid 30 minute lunch. Two 15 minute breaks (if they feel like giving them to you). Made to feel like a uneducated piece of garbage daily. Dirty foul language. What a great place to work.

Honestly didn't know a work environment like this still could exist now days. Especially working for the state. Wow. Don't take my word for it. Go experience this for yourself.
Pros
Monday thru friday mostly
Cons
Management. Training. Equality. Discrimination
Stressfull
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2018
It keeps you busy if you like assisting people with preparing their meals, to grooming as well as doing laundry, also housekeeping. Accompanying clients to appointments.
Employee Review
SSW (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
Work environment was fast paced, more clients than workers. Employer allowed time off for staff to celebrate birthdays & Christmas Holidays. Employer allowed staff to have potlucks, and contests to relieve on the job stress.
Pros
health ins, work hours, off days, paid time off
Cons
salary, workload
Fast paced but a friendly environment
Social Service Worker III (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 4, 2018
I take many calls per day. Managing the call volume and providing the best customer. I work with several different programs and other government agencies. I work cases that help elderly and disabled received the proper and necessary help them to remain in the homes. The hardest part of the job is hearing some of the peoples stories and how they are struggling. I do enjoy the fact that I am helping Nebraska live a better life.
Productive Workplace
Financial Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 24, 2018
The job was a very high volume invoiced desk. You had to be quick but efficient to get your daily jobs completed. I learned a lot not only about my job duties but duties of others past my place in the process. I enjoyed working with almost everyone in the office and looked forward to going to work every day.
Good work
TRANSITION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 18, 2018
As with any state government job, there is a sense of security and predictability. With talented leadership and new Center of Excellence promoted, I felt motivated by change.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
Siloed
I can't say enough good things about working for the State.
Executive Management Team (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 17, 2018
I was provided both training and advancement opportunities. I was given the flexibility of defining my career path and given the guidance and encouragement to succeed based on my goals and willingness to put in the sweat equity as long as they were both directed toward the mission of the agency.
Pros
Great benefits and career advancement opportunities
Cons
The tax receipts often define pay raises

Want to know more about State of Nebraska?

Ask a question
I liked helping others
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2018
The work environment was great and I worked well along with the nurses and other staff members. I had a good experience working with the State of Nebraska.
Would have stayed under different circumstances.
Program Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 9, 2018
Loved my job, it allowed me to utilize my skills and reorganize a program and was recognized for my hard work by being promoted from a temporary employee to a full time employee in a short time; however, I became ill that required hospitalization and under doctor's care that would have required me to be out of office for a designated period of time. Unfortunately, I was six days shy of being off my probationary period and the position was not held for me.
At Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Meadow Grove, NEMay 9, 2018
It’s a great place to work, good staff and management, but you aren’t guaranteed a break or time to eat. I have been here for 4 years and I haven’t had any major problems or drama in work place which is great.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Break is not guaranteed, don’t always get a lunch.
Highly stressful criminal justice system
Senior Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2018
A typical day in Probation usually entailed extreme time conscious, critically important to detail outlining a Probationers compliance to their court order. The ability to constructively and many times creatively address a defendant's noncompliance and ability to reiterate compliance through a court document. The culture can be very intense but always professional. Hardest part is re-direction of some life styles and high caseloads. Most enjoyable is support and understanding of co-workers.
Pros
Experience of the Criminal Justice System
Cons
Extreme caseloads
Good company to work for
Family Support Worker/Med-Aide (Former Employee) –  Millard streeApril 25, 2018
Family Support Worker
I was responsible for helping with assigned production activities for clients served in the vocational program. We worked with Disable clients to help served in the vocational program developmentally disabled clients. I had to have a valid driver’s license.
Provide clients with support in life areas at a medical support unit.
Pros
Enjoy working with disable people.
Cons
They will never truely know what life has to offer.
high stress place to work
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 18, 2018
overworked underpaid , Coworkers have problems communicating with others. Not a place I would ever recommend anyone working at due to the predisposition of employees to cover up indiscretions of each other.
Good people to work with
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 7, 2018
Great team to work with. Everyone is kind and friendly. Most work is from eight to five Monday through Friday. Management was open minded. I most enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good solid employer.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 26, 2018
Good solid employer. Nice place to work. Parking and traffic are not optimum. Solid benefits and good hours. Some room for advancement in some positions.
Pros
Great benefits, hours.
Cons
No parking.
Would not recommend
Developmental Disability service coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2018
Supervisor will not train you and coworkers are no help. Caseloads are not bad if you can get your supervisor to actually give you one. No training on all the paperwork that you have to do and it is a lot. Have to train yourself. Co workers are no help and half refuse to help when you ask a question. Plus, they talk behind your back. CO workers have so much paperwork and etc that is due and do not care along with the supervisor who should be on top of it and supervisor does not care either. Would not recommend this position to anyone. Does not pay the best and all you have to have is a high school diploma.
Its ok, not great
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, NEMarch 24, 2018
It was not an awful place to work, but it could get pretty bad at times. I worked as a corporal at TSCI (Tecumseh state Correctional institute) and the higher ups seemed blind to what was going on on the field. The pay was alright, but needs to be way more.
Pros
Plenty of over time
Cons
No home life