State of Nebraska Employee Reviews

Great company
ROW AGENT II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2018
Great movement in the company, Great benefits, Great Pay
I like working for the company because of the PTO, benefits, and pay. We have flexibility and the chance to move up in the company.
Great place to work, just need staff
Youth Protection Services (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NESeptember 9, 2018
I live my job but due to not enough staff, current staff required to work too many hours. Sometimes staff are working back to back 16 hour shifts. When No one volunteers then peoplecare manditoried to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough staff
Toxic work enviornment
Nebraska (NE) (Former Employee) –  Nebraska (NE)September 1, 2018
only a 6 month contract that was primarily from home - so I'm not really someone that has much to say about what it was like to work for this agency, department
Excellent work environment
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 27, 2018
I work with wonderful people who have a clear understanding of the job and where it is heading. This job is exciting and fun. I am challanged every day with new and exciting projects.
Not your typical IT Department
State Network Analyst - Senior (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 22, 2018
In my experience of the IT industry, the Networking department for the State of Nebraska does not fit the stereotype. There is a great deal of laughter and camaraderie within the team.
State of Nebraska
Care Taker for Disabled Children (Current Employee) –  NebraskaAugust 21, 2018
This is a contract with them, I am a care provider and make my own schedule according to what the parents need as far as time with the children. This is an independent contractor position that requires back ground investigations.
Pros
easy
Cons
Being payed on time is a concern
Flexible hours and some positions allow you to work from home as needed
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Somehwere in NebraskaAugust 13, 2018
Some agencies will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and learn. Others do not, but this also depends on your supervisor. I have had great supervisors at the SON and I have had horrible supervisors at the SON. There is way too much unethical things occurring with promoting people to positions they do NOT deserve and/or are not even qualified for. Lots on unfair treatment occurs.
Pros
Flexible hours, can work remotely for some positions, like the work
Cons
too many chiefs and not enough indians, too many leadership layers
Great Place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 6, 2018
I have learnt a lot about Medicaid and Health Care . Everyone here believes in collaborative approach. Friendly environment. Great Place to be , will recommend !
Job's fine, supervisor isn't
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Capitol BuilidngJuly 28, 2018
Writing this as a warning to those looking into applying for the Capitol Tour Aide position. The job is as advertised. It's giving tours to the public and groups. That part is fine, I quite enjoyed it. The Current supervisor that oversees the two tour guides is a nutjob so think twice about accepting this position.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
The current supervisor of the tour office
Good
Therapeutic Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
This is a job for those with a huge heart for children. There is not always the support given that is needed. The work can be very hard, but very rewarding. I would only go into this if you are ok with high needs children with extreme behaviors.
Would have it would have to be the nursing homes good activity for the residence
Medication Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
Typical day at work will be getting to work at a fishing time to start your day a typical day would be getting notes and exchanging information as far as the resident goes. The hardest part about the job will be when people don't come to work like they supposed to it makes it hard on other workers because they have to pick up the extra Slack. The funniest part about the job would be interacting with the residents talking and doing activities with the residence and getting to know who you you working with as well.
Staff are dedicated, loyal and friendly.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 12, 2018
The director leads a staff of 25 people who take care of the maintenance and repair of the capitol building. Most of the staff have been working at the state for a long time so they are experts. It is a good work environment and everyone works together to get the job done.
A day in the life of a Program Specialist
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJune 25, 2018
Everyday is different,with a focus on activity at hand. Learning about Medicaid and opportunities for quality improvement. Culture is changing under new leadership with business acumen in mind, which is a very positive and refreshing change. Collaboration may happen someday across departments.
Pros
great people kind and supportive
Cons
silos gallore
Good work place
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 24, 2018
Enjoyed working there. More management than workers. Nt open to chaanges that would make jobs easier. I loved what I was doing in payrll, but the load was very demanding.
Are you my friend, or are you fired
Temporary Highway Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 22, 2018
Hostile work environment. As a temporary worker you get treated like garbage. No equality. Sexual discriminating is high. They hold temporary workers to a higher standard than their permanent workers. Meaning that if you, being temporary, make a mistake, exactly like a mistake that a permanent worker makes, you will be disciplined with a higher severity than their permanent workers.

The training is non existent. Your superiors will first watch you struggle and do it wrong and complain that your doing it wrong even tho you stated you have no idea how to do the task prior to doing it.

Morning job briefing. You walk in the crew room in the morning and clock in. You ask "What are we doing today?". They say "That's a need to know basis". So no job briefing. You only know what your doing when you are right about to do it. In most cases.

No provided clean water. Just tap water. Unpaid 30 minute lunch. Two 15 minute breaks (if they feel like giving them to you). Made to feel like a uneducated piece of garbage daily. Dirty foul language. What a great place to work.

Honestly didn't know a work environment like this still could exist now days. Especially working for the state. Wow. Don't take my word for it. Go experience this for yourself.
Pros
Monday thru friday mostly
Cons
Management. Training. Equality. Discrimination
Stressfull
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2018
It keeps you busy if you like assisting people with preparing their meals, to grooming as well as doing laundry, also housekeeping. Accompanying clients to appointments.
Employee Review
SSW (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
Work environment was fast paced, more clients than workers. Employer allowed time off for staff to celebrate birthdays & Christmas Holidays. Employer allowed staff to have potlucks, and contests to relieve on the job stress.
Pros
health ins, work hours, off days, paid time off
Cons
salary, workload
Fast paced but a friendly environment
Social Service Worker III (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 4, 2018
I take many calls per day. Managing the call volume and providing the best customer. I work with several different programs and other government agencies. I work cases that help elderly and disabled received the proper and necessary help them to remain in the homes. The hardest part of the job is hearing some of the peoples stories and how they are struggling. I do enjoy the fact that I am helping Nebraska live a better life.
Productive Workplace
Financial Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 24, 2018
The job was a very high volume invoiced desk. You had to be quick but efficient to get your daily jobs completed. I learned a lot not only about my job duties but duties of others past my place in the process. I enjoyed working with almost everyone in the office and looked forward to going to work every day.
Good work
TRANSITION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 18, 2018
As with any state government job, there is a sense of security and predictability. With talented leadership and new Center of Excellence promoted, I felt motivated by change.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
Siloed