State of Oregon Employee Reviews

Excellant job opportunity.
Mental Health Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 12, 2018
I was hired in a temporary position and very much wanted to work for the State of Oregon as a full time employee. Unfortunately that didn't happen. As stated Temporary position, though I did try over and over to get a full time position.
I am not requesting advancements with the State of Oregon.
Caregiving (Current Employee) –  Canyonville, ORNovember 9, 2018
Working for the state is okay and it pays well. I'm not sure they always give the amount of hours needed and the way they determine hours needed, I enjking for the state.
Pros
enjoy visiting with client.
Cons
none really.
Coworkers made it a great place to work
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 4, 2018
Job was very difficult and often heart breaking. Very knowledgeable staff worked well as a team. Workplace culture was fantastic, like a well oiled machine.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Management sometimes would not listen to us.
Very rewarding work.
Senior caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 22, 2018
Working as a caregiver allows you flexible hours.It is very rewarding to be helpful to someone who is in need of either a little or alot of help with personal health care and household chores .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None.
Mail Equipment Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 22, 2018
Running mail equipment, take mail to post office. Management was good to work for. Workplace culture was good. Hardest part was keeping busy during a slow day. Best part were the coworkers.
Great People.. To Much Office politics
State Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2018
Typical day consisted of sitting in a cubicle and working through emails and contract development. There was a lot of office politics and people who would rather talk about nothing than doing anything.
Pros
Service and mission oriented
Cons
Office Politics
Great Place
Field Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 15, 2018
I got work life balance. A great boss that believed in me and my ability to do the job. Everyone was like family and worked together. They were always looking for ways to improve what we do. I loved working for the Oregon Lottery!
Work day
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
Do the best I can.
Lots of appointments
Work at home
Management helpful
Hardest part,hospital trips,pharmacy
Most enjoyable is helping patient achieve
There goals in life.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Stressful job at times
A good place to work
Social Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Child Welfare Hotline Multnomah CoSeptember 26, 2018
If you enjoy helping people and can contend with a tremendous amount of paperwork, working in public child welfare is rewarding on many levels. People who succeed in this work must be willing to devote all of their time - on and off the clock - to helping struggling families and children.
Pros
Rewarding and every day brings something new
Cons
Paperwork and meetings are a big part of the work
Exactly what it sounds like
Correctional Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, ORSeptember 20, 2018
Its prison life. Long hours, dangerous work conditions. If you dont mind these facts then this may be the career for you. You will be paid very well.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Ridiculous hours

Want to know more about State of Oregon?

Ask a question
Hard rewarding work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 19, 2018
I was lucky to have an amazing client. Their was alot of work involved, we did everything for him as he was bed ridden. The job varies by your client and they're difficulty. Their system changed a few times on how you entered your hours and for the longest time you didn't get overtime. It's kind of a hit or miss.
Pros
Rewarding work
overall rating
Revenue Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 97301September 11, 2018
it was a very good place to work for. I felt confident in what I was doing and lots of people were patient and hard working.

I learned a lot about tax season
Enjoyed the job. Manager was good and fair to all employee's.
Child Support Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 8, 2018
Retired 2018, but enjoyed my job. Very good benefits, and flexible hours. Management was fair to all employee's. Comfortable, relaxing, friendly environment.
Pros
Health benefits, paid sick and vacation time.
Cons
Not many raises
I enjoy helping the elderly, learning from their experiences
Senior & Disability Services (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORSeptember 5, 2018
Each of my clients have taught me different things, from names of trees to how to cook exotic foods. My clients become family to me and I treat them with respect. I take them shopping, to medical appointments, helping them with showers, doing their laundry, and fixing their meals. The hardest part of this job is when they pass away. It's like losing a family member.
Pros
Learning from my clients and being able to feel needed.
Cons
The loss in my heart when they pass away.
Excellent Place To Work No Matter what You Have Heard!!
Operations & Policy Analyst, Tribal Liaison (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR & Salem, OregonAugust 26, 2018
A great place to work, any of the many agencies and a great chance for advancement. This organization is a very easy target for haters of government and right-wing hacks who aren't for fairness, equality or other radical things like that but is a good place to work and have a career with if you desire to work with dedicated people, good management, good oversight and good working environments.
Pros
Good Work environment, good chances for advancement, equality
Cons
Easy targets of government-Public service haters, mgt will not let employees respond to lies told about them
Great overall experience in the IT environment
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2018
I had a great experience working at ODOT for a difficult project that was not well embraced by the agency or state. I had great management support, was allowed to work on my own largely unsupervised, and was greatly appreciated for my efforts.
Steady Secure Job
Human Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2018
This job is perfect for the person who has a laid back personality and who doesn't take things personally. Due to the amount of stress and clients who like to yell about their situations it becomes a very charged atmosphere with all of the workers. Many of the workers are burnt-out, but continue to work.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Good benefits
Office Specialist I and II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 15, 2018
The state was pretty good about hiring staff for open positions.Benefits were good. There was always work to be done. Management needed to improve. The management and Human Resources needs to learn to listen to their employees better. I really enjoyed the work and the pace.
Benefits
Cons
Work envirnoment
Treatment Foster Care
Treatment Forster Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 14, 2018
If you have a desire to see children who have had a rough go in life be given the chance to succeed then Treatment Foster Care is the perfect opportunity. It requires a selfless attitude and ability to care about the future of another human being beyond your own comfort.
Long term employment
Business & Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORAugust 7, 2018
Is a place for a career and long term employment. Is Unionized and benefited employer. Laid back atmosphere and great work life balance. Yearly raises and unionized employer. Job doesn't have as much opportunities in rural areas as in metro area's.
Pros
Pays good with benefits
Cons
Not much room for promotion in rural area's.