State of Utah Employee Reviews

demanding job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 10, 2018
Busy workplace, day goes fast. Sometimes too busy. Meetings too long in one day. Most workers work very hard, able to count on them to do their best every day.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks, hard to fit them in on some days.
Lack of leadership that is consistent with the divisions mission.
JJS, Case manager/Parole Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 9, 2018
Leadership does not give employees a voice. Open and honest exchanges of ideas are not valued or sought out and can be responded to with harshness and retaliation if it does not coincide with upper management views or opinions. Poor decisions are consistently made that cost the division needlessly and when they are made those responsible do not seem to to take any accountability, whereas, they expect perfection from those they supervise and issue harsher than necessary disciplinary actions. Qualified individuals with education and experience are not promoted or rewarded. Cronyism runs rampant in promoting and rewarding employees.
Pros
Good benefits/You can make a difference.
Cons
Poor upper management
Pending on management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the State of Utah. Most staff were very pleasant to work with. The typlical day was very stressful. The hardest part was not being able to advance your technical knowldege. It was only based on your position.
Pros
I really enjoyed working with the staff.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Line staff are overworked. Hard to advance. Terrible supervisor!
Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 17, 2018
The majority of the programs are run 24-7. Very hard to take time off. Poor training. Supervosorvja critical in all aspects of the job and has a do what so say attitude. She is last one to take accountability fir her mistakes.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No time offf, violent youth, critical supervisor
I enjoyed my time here
Sr. Compliance Agent II (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 14, 2018
I worked here as an agent and a senior agent. The agent position can be very stressful sometimes when dealing with difficult clients. But the majority of the time this isn't the case. The first year is the hardest because of the 1-year probationary period, you have no flexibility in your schedule. Once you reach the 1-year mark you have more options. The people I worked with were friendly and supportive. It is very structured.
Benefits
Cons
schedule is very structured, inflexible
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Linguist Specialist--Spanish (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtahJune 6, 2018
Horario flexible. Buenos beneficios. Gente amable.
Good benefits
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTMay 31, 2018
Good benefits. Sometimes a frustrating culture of government bureaucracy but good people who work. Often an impossible job where it is difficult to please everyone. Rewarding but difficult work.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
heartbreaking
Love working for the state of Utah
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 15, 2018
This was my all time favorite job to ever work at! I was very upset when I had to quit. It was very positive and everyone was so respectful. I wish I could go back to it!
Good part time job
Utah POST Crime Scene Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 7, 2018
Part-time instructor job is a good job overall and they are fairly easy to work for and work with. The pay is not the best and they are no incentives of which I am aware, but overall good environment.
Pros
Paid workouts
Cons
Relatively low pay.
Youth and court programs
Deputy Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2018
Youth understood the financial burden that their actions cause to their families. These programs offers were essential to youths benefits to remove them from the court systems.
Fast paced and productive work environment
Court Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2018
Fast paced, productive work environment. Fun and friendly co-workers, exceptional work hours. Meet lots of new people on a daily basis. Work with different state agencies through out the state that assist with our day to day operations.
Pros
Personal time accrual
Cons
No room for advancement, health insurance
Either like it or you don't.
Janitor/Cleaner- Utah Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2018
This job was very helpful and organized when I first started but once i got to know the supervisor and started helping more on the job they would take advantage of you, they wouldn't pay you for some hours that you worked, very unorganized and the supervisor would speak to you in a very sarcastic way almost just to get you mad. While working here i did try my best to deal with it as long as I could but after continuously not getting paid for the hours that i did work it just wasn't worth the stress, unprofessional ism, and pay. They definitely over work you and don't pay employees what is supposed to be paid.
Pros
work with you if need days off
Cons
horrible communication, very unprofessional
Was a good place to work
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2018
Was also very fast pace , helping people obtain state benefits based on there house hold income to see if was eligible for food assistance, Medicaid and financial help
Pros
Good benefits
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Clinical Therapist, ACMHC (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84119March 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with our community and seeing positive results. This has taught me much about myself and others. The job entails a lot of responsibility and staff are willing to take on the duties with optimistic views.
Too long ago
Juvenile Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 22, 2018
I worked there a long time ago. I'm sure it is different now. I enjoyed working there. It was hard and stressful but fulfilling and i could get as many hours as I wanted.
state job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTFebruary 20, 2018
There are good and bad about working for State. It was fun at times but hard at times because of management which changed several times over my years. It was secure and had good benefits
benefits
Cons
management
Wonderful to work with the foster children
Admin. Healthcare Manager-RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2018
Registered nurses were assigned several foster children to follow, manage, and educate the child and foster parents on their care and ways to improve their health. The RNs made sure each child went to the doctor as needed and got all their vaccinations on time. Always educating the foster children and foster parents on medications and making sure all medications were taken. Educated on ways to improve overall health and get treated for any illness that might occur. RNs always monitoring the foster children to make sure there was no physical or mental abuse; making sure they were safe and healthy in their environment.
I prefer not to
Judicial Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 14, 2018
I prefer not to give my review, I had a terrible experience and I prefer to keep my opinion to myself. The job in general was a good experience. I loved going into court with the Judge and taking notes.
Awesome place to work
Office Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Excellent management, culture, security, life and balance. Wage is the only down point. I will hate leaving working the the State of Utah; However, I will be seeking other areas in the State of Utah.
Excellent working relationship with coworkers
Sr. Assistant Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 30, 2018
I began working for the State of Utah in 1987 and worked in several different positions, all clerical, in my 28 years. Most of my work was in the Division of Child and Family Services. I enjoyed great working relationships with my coworkers and with my supervisors. I also enjoyed the customer service aspect of the work as it involved working with a diverse population.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and good benefits
Cons
Lack of pay increase