State of Vermont Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 46 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- Company size51 to 200
- IndustryGovernment & Public Administration
Installation & Maintenance
What would you say about your employer?
I had an interview about 4 years ago for a Benefit Specialist position. The questions were straight forward such as, "why do you want this position?" I was coming from Connecticut so they asked why am I interested in the particular position with the State of Vermont. They also asked where I saw myself in five years. Just real simple question / answer session. I will say, I have never felt more comfortable and relaxed in an interview. They made me feel very welcomed. I can say it was the best interview in my working career.
What was my education status? What was my future goals? Was I looking for a way to work myself up the ladder? What was I expecting from working for the State of VT?
Basic customer.traveler service questions
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- State of Vermont