State of Washington
Coronavirus update
Information from State of Washington:

State of Washington Employee Reviews

United States275 reviews
I have had many employers and I have worked in different office in Pierce and Snohomish County. Snohomish County was a great work environment to work in.
Horrible management that has no respect for his employees. The job can be dangerous and management doesn't provide his employees the tools to be successful.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Horrible managment, stressful job
This place promotes a hostile work environment among staff. They love to create a divide between nursing staff at all levels.
Even though when a new hire goes through the joke of a orientation in the NEO and is told there is no divide between staff, there is.
Pros
Cons
Staff does not work together.
Wow , what a joke ... Program director more worried about looking good opening up houses without having proper staff. Going against me orders undermining staff going with residents no matter what. Sola 2 houses aggressive residents with ones that can't defend themselves . Managers follow in line even when it's wrong to do so. Behavior therapist gives coffee card during bad behaviors.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Watching residents get exploited for funding
It was an innovative workplace with a focus on the customer. Employees worked hard to ensure company goals were met.
Working with businesses was fun. Community partnerships at the State level were strong.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The only thing I don't like, is their Payroll Company. Otherwise, it works best with my Training and Knowledge. It is flexible with my hours and I get good hours.
Co workers are great. The population we serve sucks the life out of you. Supervisor is a great woman who supports her team. Coworkers always helpful and supportive of each other.
Plenty of training opportunities and hands on skill training available. 12 years of experience in customer service in person and telephonic. File management and record maintenance.
i go to work get the day tasks and then go to the gined stone to get the tasks done and then set the area up for the next shift. the supervisor helps the worker in the work to make the workers feel equal to them.
This is a call center and comes with expectations that you will provide great service very quickly. Social interaction is limited to the few minutes that you are not on the phone.
Compensation is OK
Coworkers are fantastic

Management is removed from clinical care and does not understand workplace challenges.

Organization is mainly focused on making money.

I love working with the patient population.

I would love my job if I had all of the resources needed to be efficient and effective.
Terrible pay, absurd hiring process, difficult conditions, enormous waste of time/pay. Try at own peril...............................................................
Served as an intake agent helping people with unemployment claims and understanding how the system worked. High production standards and demands by management, but very fulfilling, satisfying work
Good hard work out in the woods everyday enjoying nature and helping clean up nature like make new roads(we use chainsaws to cut high grass or other things in the road) and after a season of cutting the trees down we replant what we cut down.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay not to good
Manage group of application developers providing custom software applications to Department of Revenue. Perform yearly reviews, personnel administration. Manage special projects
I worked on a team of 6 reviewers for mental health agencies licensed by state of Washington. We all worked together to form a cohesive group and supported each other even when we were working in the field.
The state if Washington is a great organization to work for. Just like any other job, you get out of it what you put into it. There is opportunity for advancement and flexibility. There is a 1 year probation period where you learn to master your job.
worst prison job ever stay out of the system and you wont have to ever worry about working this bad of a job and only make 55$ dollars a month who can live off of 55 dollars
I liked going to work and meeting the challenges of the day. I grew in this position Department of Livensing provided the material to excell in your job, but you need to be interested
Sometimes while trying to contact and figure out who to ask a question to, it can be tricky trying to get a hold of someone. There are so many different subcontracted companies that go with the job that it can be hard.
I enjoyed working outdoors. All of the contractors I worked with were a pleasure and easy to work alongside with. I recommend this job to anyone who loves the outdoors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Washington. Our community is ready to answer.