State of Wisconsin
Here to help
Coronavirus update

State of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

United States350 reviews
Good duties, bad place to do it, and very poor management.
Very poor and uncaring management. Extremely high case loads and levels of stress. 18-20 cases / month, unrealistic expectations, exceptionally dysfunctional clients and management.
Poor management
Extremely arrogant, lazy and poor management that have no idea what support is and have no desire to learn. Worker's are treated poorly and turnover is very high. Upper management has little idea what the worker really does and the challenges workers face.
Great until the end.
Wisconsin Corrections was a great place to work and great to me for the first 32 years. My last four months (and beyond) have been the worst of my life.
Pros
Some good people.
Cons
Poor new administration. Harassing.
If you like to be yelled at by your manager, then this is the place for you.
Horrible management, non-compliance, state and government has always had a reputation of being slow to keep up with technology, but this is the worst place I've ever worked at.
Great employer
This is an employer that serves a mission. You will feel a sense of purpose working to serve the public good instead of corporate for profit organizations. For those with a growth mindset the possibilities are endless.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Worse place I ever worked
I worked for the state for 28 years. SRSTC was the worst. If your not 1 of the good ole boys they treat you terrible. They were out to eliminate my job. Finally had enough and retired.
Pros
Every other state job was great. Not this one.
Cons
If u don't kiss butt watch out. Watch out. Upper management sucks.
Diverse and great working environment
Great place to learn a lot about different areas of the legal field. I enjoyed my time employed at the Department of Justice in Madison. The only downside was the commute to and from work.
Excellent Benefits
Average place to work. Hours are good. Not very demanding work. Easy job to learn. A lot of vacation time but work a lot of holidays. Every other weekend off.
good opportunity
Taking an LTE position with the state allowed me to freshen up my resume and learn a new field. The flexibilty of LTE work is a benefit in itself, but a permanent position is required for standard state benenfits.
Na
Not fully comfortable doing this. Perhaps this portion should become optional for equity sake. It doesn't seem amicable to force disclosure. Just a thought; particularly for a service such as this.
N/a
The State of Wisconsin has great great job security depending on Human Resources department. The State of Wisconsin can be a great place of employment depending on your department location!
mentoring
the biggest pay I earnd was knowing I helped people which made me become a better person. thought me how to communicate with people in times of distress.
Workload was crushing but most developed workarounds to increase efficiency.
Good peer support, part of a team with shared mission. Management engaged in strategic planning to develop ways to more effectively deliver services and recognize staff efforts above and beyond the minimum.
Pros
Good place to work, reasonable compensation accompanied by excellent benefits.
Cons
Nature of the work inevitably takes a toll, wearing down even the most dedicated.
Fast paced job
Scan barcodes on the boxes and go to the destination that they had to be at and put them on the shelves, Would gather materials and assemble them according to the blueprints.
Perfect job
Love my job very easy work students and co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful.hours are flexible to my needs and management is always very helpful with making the work environment wonderful
Work hard
Great experience a lot of Job Enrichment, you will have fun while you learn a lot; Everyone is friendly and helpful, I look forward to going to work. A lot of interesting people come to the dealership;
Pros
A Lot Of Good People
Cons
Showing cars in the cold
Good Benefits
Worked throughout WI at various nursing homes collecting data. Worked with many dental hygnienists that lived throughout WI. Travel time was paid. Paid meals if travel time was significant.
Awesome job
Able to learn grow recruit develop mentor manage budget training all aspects of program management. Quality control quality improvement were tantamount to success
when you sign and get a new area to work in the capt will not have some one work with you ;to learn the job
prison Guard like to sit at the desk and read the paper they want more
money and really don't do that much. I Think they are paid very well

I feel the same way., Yo dou" u have capt and LT that treat people like

they don' t count. you have officer that sit and do nothing, Most off

the captain and LT do not do there jobs . they sit and talk about

how much money they earn and they don' have to do anything.. I know

because I have work at one' I think some capt and LT make to much

now for what they do and treat officers Like they don" count ' that why

the turn over. I think some capt and LT should be put back to officers'

When you see what they do and donot do you would agree they make

good money for what they do
Excellent compensation plan.
This department has an excellent compensation plan and many great employees that make siginificant contributions to the overall success the company. The company is very large and provides numerous opportunities for job seekers.
Pros
Variety of positions.
Cons
Training.
Great benefits and environment
Very flexible hours and room for advancement. My supervisor is very open to my opinions and shows trust in my clinical abilities. My position allows a healthy balance for professional/personal life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight