States Logistics Services Employee Reviews

General warehouse work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 14, 2019
Place is a dump, lots of favoritism! Your work does not speak for itself in this company, u have to play politics here in order to get ahead in this company and even that might not work. Management is more worried about scoring with the Mexican temp women that the company hires, managers lie to keep u happy but never come thru with their promises, good start job, but not if u have a family.
Pros
Ot, Monday thru Friday job
Cons
Bad management, low base pay, no communication
Old school, not enough equipment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  FontanaNovember 3, 2018
The first 2 days i started, myself and another employee who had the same start date as me had to break down pallets of mixed product. What we were supposed to be doing was training and forklift certification. The system to pick orders was old and confusing. There wasn’t enough equipment and there was no proper training. This place sucks. If you’re looking for a job go to KeHE at least they pay more.
Official response from States Logistics Services
November 5, 2018

Thank you for stating your concern. We appreciate the time that you spent with States Logistics and we wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Good environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZOctober 24, 2018
Well good organize company a good environment well organized people clean environment everything I love working with this company this is just sometimes you just need them well proper train people to train other people just a little more of a communication that would have been nice or else I think I should have been working there still that than that it's a good environment to company
Drama
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 13, 2018
I liked my team, but overall each dept doesn't work well with one another. of course drama/politics within the company. i ended my job there with a 'bad taste in my mouth'. i would not think about returning there.
I dare you to find a place that cares more.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMay 30, 2018
I worked here for over two years and done nothing but watch the company grow, this is a family owned business and the family did their best to make me feel at home. I was reading some of the other reviews and I had to laugh, it is totally obvious who got fired for one reason or another.

It always seems easy to talk bad about the company and not look in the mirror. Is it perfect? No, but I ask you to show me a company that is.

We get paid every two weeks and our paychecks are never not there, there is always money in the bank and we have more overtime that we can ask for.

It isn't always easy but I know that I earned my paycheck.
Pros
Overtime and good benefits
Not bad for warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 30, 2018
If you like to work overtime (paid after 8 hours in a day), get 1 1/2 for working holidays, vacation, sick, personal days; this is a good place. Also, they hire direct and are always looking for more people to meet the volume needs. they like to promote from within and have a lot of promotion opportunities.

the leads are good, the supervisors work hard. the warehouses are clean. we don't have to deal with cold rooms or produce.

you work a lot of hours. sometimes 10 or more hours a day for long periods of time, but they pay you for it.
Pros
Benefits, baseball game, promotion opportunities, retirement
Cons
long days for long periods of time
Like this job but just lack of managments
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 13, 2018
I did like to work at this place but it's just it the Management's just really bad everything wasn't an order I mean pretty much everything you know it was done and I wasn't supposed to be done the right way you would get called for and that's just wasn't a good job for me at least
Tough place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 3, 2018
The manager didn't care about the employees at all and only talked to you if you weren't working fast enough for him. One of the supervisors did nothing but sit at his desk all day and occasionally would check on you, he didn't know how to talk to people. In order to advance you had to be friendsy with the manager. Manager made promises but did not follow through with, about pay and shift. Favoritism rampant throughout the warehouse, certain team leads and supervisors did all the work while others did not have to do the same work.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, lots of OT
Cons
Management, low pay, didn't tell you how many hours you'd be working in a day until late in the day.
stable place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAMarch 7, 2018
This is a stable company that is growing. They just opened their newest warehouse summer of 2016. People say that they hire and fire people all the time when that's not the case. People choose to not come to work so how can you expect a company to run if people aren't showing up to work. They look for people who actually want to work and will show up on time everyday when they are needed. They have really good benefits. Paid time off and also health insurance is offered. Heard a lot of different pay rates and I think what we get here is somewhere in the middle. They give raises based on performance and attendance and sometimes a few times during the year.
Pros
Pto, long hours
States Logistics
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 25, 2018
I had a great experience working for states Logistics. Family owned company. Had growth opportunities. Over all, it was a good company to work for. Work hard and you will be rewarded.
Never will go baxk
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The superb fro the 2nd shift screams at you he is not professional and the company doesn’t do anything about it no compensation the more you work the more they push you
Lack of advancement
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 26, 2017
Managment is overbearing.
Very unlikely to advance from current position. Employee's are routinely fired and hired.
Start times vary depending on workflow
Pros
Relaxed work flow
Cons
No advancement
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 22, 2017
This is most unprofessional company I've ever worked for. Office manager steps out with the UPS driver all the time during work hours. Warehouse manager allows team leads to control everyone instead of him being a manager. This location is off Marlay and Mulberry. There is alot of favortism there. Horrible!!!!!
A great place to learn logistics
Information Specialist Technician (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZOctober 24, 2017
States Logistics is a great place to work and to gain some much needed experience in the field. I like working with my co workers and management and the culture is like family.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
pay is on the low end of the scale and no advancement
Structured and organized work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 6, 2017
This company really knows what they are doing and train their employees to make sure they know and understand every aspect of the job, that they are responsible for. You are not required to come to work in business attire, which is great. The hardest part of this job though, is working as hard and as best as you can, and not being compensated fairly for it.
Pros
Work life balance, casual attire, sometimes the account you work for will let you take home some prodcuts.
Cons
Do not expect a raise over .50 cents a year, no matter how hard you work.
Unorganized, bad managment, and low pay.
Forklift Operator/Order selector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 18, 2017
Pay is painfully low with no promise of getting a raise unless you are friends with management. Hard work gets ignored. The harder you work, the more they use and abuse you.

Favoritism is rampant, especially shift favoritism. I worked second shift and our shift was expected to do most of the work and overtime while first shift essentially did nothing but waste payroll. This was a commonly known fact and even joked about among management like it was nothing.

My main frustration with this place is how unappreciated they make you feel. Like i stated previously, there is almost no hope of getting a raise no matter how hard you work or how long you've been there. You have to know people for that to happen.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management, very poorly organzied, product missing, etc. Low pay and depressing enviroment.
Great Work Experience
LEAN Leader (Former Employee) –  Tollenson, AZApril 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company. They had great benefits since they were an ESOP company. The management was excellent. They had an open door policy and was always there to help or listen. The co-workers made it a nice atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming into work where you were treated as an equal and they cared about you and your family.
States Logistics
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2014
Days are not too bad. Load and unload trucks, receive inbounds into warehouse and label product. Pull orders or putaway product if loading and unloading is slow. Co workers are great and everyone gets along very well. Management is great as well. Very understanding guys/girls. The hardest part of the job is the heat, there is no insulation and it is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. If you work very hard, they do try and reward you to a certain extent. Maybe allowing a little extra break or easier work for the next night. Another downfall is employees train new employees. Promotions are based off personal relationships rather than who really deserves or have earned the promotion. We have team leads but they are in the office all the time and not out on the floor training and supervising like their job entails. Pay isn't that great compared to every other warehouse but benefits are good and they have an esop program. Where employees get a percentage of the companies stocks annually. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Annual company picnic, volunteer events.
Cons
No insulation.
Fellow Co-workers are awesome!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 21, 2014
Going to work every day was a total joy. I loved my customers along with my fellow co-workers. Some of the managers were a bit hard to deal with, but it all worked out. The hardest part of the job was having to quit because of a sick relative and I had to move.
Pros
Excellent Health benefits
Cons
Didn't match 401K
reading orders, hand stacking , peaceful area
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 25, 2013
clock in on time, arrive to forklift area, check forklift prepare orders from starting with ASP orders. after a day at work you learn to improve your working speed and to be more organized or the next day. Management always waiting for you when you clock in to explain you your daily task and or if you have questions. Every coworkers and supervisor knows I like to help others so I get really along with all of them. They know that if they need some extra help with anything related to work and I have time, I'll help them. Growing up professionally is one of the hardest thing that I face at work because I like challenges or better opportunities and this area do not promises you that much hope. Able to complete my tasks and knowing my supervisors are satisfied is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
lot of work
Cons
rare opportunities to grow professionally