States Logistics Services

States Logistics Services Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
Featured review
States Logistics Services selected this as a representative review
I worked here for over two years and done nothing but watch the company grow, this is a family owned business and the family did their best to make me feel at home. I was reading some of the other reviews and I had to laugh, it is totally obvious who got fired for one reason or another.

It always seems easy to talk bad about the company and not look in the mirror. Is it perfect? No, but I ask you to show me a company that is.

We get paid every two weeks and our paychecks are never not there, there is always money in the bank and we have more overtime that we can ask for.

It isn't always easy but I know that I earned my paycheck.
Pros
Overtime and good benefits
Definitely if you like overtime this is this place to work, a lot of work needs to be done and usually never allowed to leave at 8 hours. Work isnt hard if youre paying attention
I enjoyed my time with States. I felt that I was respected and that my contributions made a difference. I did however feel that growth within the organization is not as quickly as I would have hoped, sometimes feeling as though my skill set was being under utilized. Additionally, my commute was really the only complaint I would say was the biggest issue I had.
Pros
ESOP Company
Cons
Commute, not a lot of opportunities for growth.
This place is absolutely trash never will work again definitely favoritism if you are not a Mexican they definitely treat you unfairly they show favoritism to their own kind and they do not care about you at all I expect you to do all the work well they show favoritism to other employees you don't have to do as much
NOT AN ORGANIZED COMPANY. HR and Supervisors have NO COMMUNICATION....They make a lot of promises but never keep their word....They hire you, you go thru the Background/training/certification and then they start calling you off, They tell you that the System is down and that is slow. But when you ask them if anything is wrong they just tell you no , will just see you tomorrow. They do that for about a week and then you call HR (To see what is going on)and they're like oh there full in the shift, so we don't need no one else. I mean then why do you have a bunch of ADS saying you need people and then just let them go... HR does not know what there doing as well as the Supervisors. There is a lot of Favoritism as well. If your looking for a place where you can grow within the company as well as your just looking for a job cause you need one. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE!!!THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME!!!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
When i start at this company i thought to myself that it wouldn't be for me instead i got a great offer to work there n love it gave me better work skills great attitude n a great person.
They write you up for mistakes that management makes and blame it on forklift drivers this company is a waste of time and they are constantly watching you for nothing
Management is very strict for the most minimal things, they focus on small stuff to write you up for can’t be late more than 6 times in 3 months...the pay really sucks for the fast paced
Pros
Warehouse peoples
Cons
This company is okay to work for I could say the first week I was okay then after that people start telling you do this and do that and things that you're not supposed to do but I guess you just do it because that's what I was being told that and this never finishing what I was supposed to do I just thought I was just poor management and communication but overall it's a good company I guess
Seems like a decent job at first. Good place if you like working overtime and Saturdays. If you're halfway decent you'll get the most exhausting accounts to pull from. Management is very frustrating to communicate with.
As far as what i learned, it was an easy job once you understood there system and how things should be. Going to work was relaxing and didnt involve much overthinking.
Don’t work there. The training was awful. They expected me to learn in two weeks with very basic training and then they let me go because I was not learning fast enough. The group only talk to themselves and were not very helpful. It seems as if you asked for help you bothered them. Felt left out and they did not help you feel welcome. How can anyone learn a new job in two weeks. You do not want to work for States Logistics in Buena Park.
Pros
Cons
No proper training
States Logistics was great learning experience and an excellent work environment. Every employee should good team work due to the great leadership from team leads and supervisors. The 6 years employed with them flew by quickly.
Good place, i regret leaving. Had to take care of personal issues, but now, everything is better. Good people and always helpful. Always finished my kob and did it 100%
Place is a dump, lots of favoritism! Your work does not speak for itself in this company, u have to play politics here in order to get ahead in this company and even that might not work. Management is more worried about scoring with the Mexican temp women that the company hires, managers lie to keep u happy but never come thru with their promises, good start job, but not if u have a family.
Pros
Ot, Monday thru Friday job
Cons
Bad management, low base pay, no communication
My time at states logistics which I am still currently at has been a good one. I have learned a lot from this company from professionalism to team work.
Pros
Free lunches, team players
Seeking better opportunities. Would like better pay and less all over the place hours. I'd like a fixed schedule. And more communication with Supervisor.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Little pay
I started as an unloader and slowly worked my way up ...company gives you a good chance to move to the top of course hard work pays off....employees and managers are easy to work with ...lots of overtime but I left because I got a better opportunity somewhere else with better pay and less be labor work
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Distance from my house
The first 2 days i started, myself and another employee who had the same start date as me had to break down pallets of mixed product. What we were supposed to be doing was training and forklift certification. The system to pick orders was old and confusing. There wasn’t enough equipment and there was no proper training. This place sucks. If you’re looking for a job go to KeHE at least they pay more.
Official response from States Logistics Services
November 5, 2018
Thank you for stating your concern. We appreciate the time that you spent with States Logistics and we wish you the best in your future endeavours.
Well good organize company a good environment well organized people clean environment everything I love working with this company this is just sometimes you just need them well proper train people to train other people just a little more of a communication that would have been nice or else I think I should have been working there still that than that it's a good environment to company
I liked my team, but overall each dept doesn't work well with one another. of course drama/politics within the company. i ended my job there with a 'bad taste in my mouth'. i would not think about returning there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at States Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9