Station Casinos Employee Reviews

Place for Advancement
Sunset Station Bowling Events Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 13, 2018
Station Casinos is a good work place environment and I would definitely recommend applying. It's difficult to get hired full time from on call and unfortunately that is what I'm looking to do.
Stations - stay away
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  corporateSeptember 10, 2018
In my opinion, stay away at all costs. It will ruin your life.
The worst job I ever had. It is a total grind. The politics are unreal. Management is full of back-stabbing incompetents,
typical work week
VALET (Former Employee) –  Texas Station, Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
Weekends were somewhat busy, but weekday shifts were very slow. Occasional events would bring in more customers. Most valets were part time and they would often leave early.
Pros
good health benefits at reasonable cost, free lunches, employee discounts
Cons
Frequent change in management, each manager changed the rules for work requirements to suit their own taste, work pace at the older facility where I worked was painfully slow at times
Fine place to work
Race and Sports Writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Station Casinos. My only reason for leaving was to pursue and job offered to me (while I was not seeking other employment) that had better pay.
I love Station Casinos
Slot Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2018
Because of them I was able to advance my career. They're a family and the company helps you grow. You're able to try pretty much any position and learn with all the classes that they offer you.
great managements my manager is a sweetheart
Food Server Worker (Current Employee) –  green valley ranchAugust 16, 2018
station casinos is a great company the management is great polite, the food for the workers is great really great just be on time and provide a good service that is all
TM were nice, some of the managers was nice as well
Banquet room chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
The less you know the better off you was nobody bothered. Just do your job, sometimes teamwork is out the window, directors where cold don't care about the tm,
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Terrible Management & Training
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
Discrimination, Favoritism, hostility within the workplace. HR does nothing. Systems and training aren’t consistent, & micro managers won’t let you do your job. No career growth within company about who you know not what you know here. The focus is not to get the job done but to look good doing it, no Accountability. Don’t work here. Pay isn’t competitive either.
TEXAS is garbage property
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
Good tips at most properties. TEXAS is the worst property, Completely ran different than others. Untrained management, rapid turn over due to scruity by staff. Very uncomfortable environment. Violent guests. Go to any other property and Complete 180! Don't look at Texas station as The face of station casinos it's really not! ALL other properties are awesome.
Pros
Normally reliable good team members.
Cons
managers. not enough training. no one is trained the same. stupid rules, . Unprofessional attitude towards staff.
Temp Contract work
Software Consultant, VertiSystem (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Was brought on board to fix an issue that the in-house team was unable to reproduce in dev nor QA. after 4 weeks I reproduced the issue in dev and ameliorated the code. As well, I fixed many other issues with hanging application and added verbose logging and fixed parametrized query data types being passed in with the wrong types and lengths.
My experience with Station Casinos
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
I started working for Station Casinos back in 2008 as a GRA at Sunset Station, it was my first job here in Vegas. In 6 months I applied for an internal transfer and got the position Utility Slot Tech where I remained for 3 years. Station Casinos is a pretty good company to work for. I've worked for them a few times and each time I was welcomed back into the Stations family.
Pros
There can be opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay rate doesn, t match cost of living, Little to no benefits for low level employees
hopeless place to work.You will end up doing an on call position
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 8, 2018
This is the most hopeless cage to work at.Their standards are very high but wages are nothing,They will suck your blood.Very poor management,very poor HR.They will never listen to you.This is the only cage where there is such a fast movement of cashiers.Reason being you are under so much pressure.The staff is good but the managers are just hopeless.
Pros
free lunch
Rservations Agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
I loved the culture of the work place. Everyone worked hard and helped each other. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. The managers would answer any questions you had without hesitation, at times had to pitch in when there weren't enough people to answer calls, that was something I wasn't used to experiencing in the jobs I've had.
Pros
free meals, great pay and good benifits
Func place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
It’s a fast paced environment, people are always watching you so make sure you are doing the right things. You get to meet a lot of new people since it’s a casino, the casino itself is not located in a decent area so of course you get people that want to disturb the peace.
Stations Casino is a great company
Assistant Security director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
I have been with station casino for a long time and i would have to say it is a great company to work for. They take really good care of the employees and they look out for them
Pros
everything
Benefits are good
Sanitation Supervisor-in (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
There some good people that I enjoyed working with. The have very good discounts at all their properties. They have very good promotions for the local population, dealing with Casino gambling and entertainment
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2018
I was a front desk intern. I enjoyed learning all about the front desk, management life, and interacting with guests, however it is a rather small casino and very slow paced.
Great people to work for but very low pay
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2018
My typical day at work involved creating wire transfers, reconciling accounts (over 220) and preparing data for journal entries on the Corporate level. The employee cafeteria was a nice perk, but after a while you get tired of the same food, however, you COULD run downstairs in the late afternoon and make yourself a milkshake from the ice cream/milk machines! The pay was absolutely horrific when compared to what the executives make.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Dreadfully low pay
A great place to work !
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2018
Everyone was very nice and treats you with the upmost care. A very organized work place. Respectful on all levels of employment and vendors. Its like have the Las Vegas strip in your own backyard.
Some days it was fun environment to work in. Others, it was stressful.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
At my last place of employment with Station Casinos, I worked at the Wildfire Casino for about 3 years. The first two years, I worked as a security officer on the graveyard shift. my remaining year of employment there, I worked as a bartender on the graveyard shift. I learned quite a bit, in terms of dealing with fellow customers and people in general. I left Station Casinos to pursue my degree at College of Southern Nevada.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
At times, was a stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Station Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about