Station Casinos Employee Reviews

Casino environment, fast paced,challenging
Sr I.T. Property Technician/ Sr Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
 Provided IT support via telephone, in person or remote VPN connection for end users in 18 casino properties on AS400, Windows, Networking, Race & Sports wagering, Slot monitoring, Hotel reservation, JANUS Display systems, Accounting and Catering systems for both hardware & software
 Worked in central call center providing support for Sports Connection online & telephone wagering systems
 Kept track of all incidents/requests either generated by end users or IT personnel via Computer Associates help desk software.
 Worked as Senior Support Analyst for IT Solution Center Team providing high level support and assistance to junior IT Analysts and all end users.
 Provided consultation on company/expansion IT projects
 Responsible for monitoring all revenue generating systems corporate wide and responding to outages/issues as they arose
 Worked as Senior I.T. Property Technician supporting approx. 350 hardware and software systems at the Property level.
 First certified Job Coach in the I.T. department for company.
Bad company
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2018
The stations casionos conpany slogan Beyond the Best is all pure bull they don't practice what they preach doesn't say much about the Fertitta Brothers people work hard follow procedures and still are treate like d a dine a dozen. Bad company i wouldn't recommend this company to anyone looking for a job
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
Breaks healthcare not offered to me
Poor management
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2018
Management was terrible, there was no teamwork. Gossip in the workplace. Poor wages. Inconsistent schedule. Smoky environment. Cafeteria for employees was always filthy and the food choices were terrible. Bring your own meals or you will starve.
Company overall was great but...
Internal Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 1, 2018
Not a bad place to work for if you don't stick up for yourself. when company policies were bent or broken HR was slow to respond as if they were waiting for you just to forget all about it and sweep it under the rug like nothing ever happened. when you grow company policies or bent the rules they were very quick to point out your mistakes and write you up and document any little thing that you did wrong. but the company never even would apologize if they were actually the ones that were bending their own rules and hiding stuff and sweeping it under the rug
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, free meal every day
Cons
Management is always right even if a team member has facts to back up his/her situation
Own workspace and work independently
Payroll Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 23, 2018
Great team to work with independently with weekends off. Management is very supportive and coworkers are very nice. I learned a lot about the gaming industry which has different work shifts, policies and procedures including daily audits and advances.
Pros
Free meals and insurance
Stable environment with developed culture
Property support technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2018
Stable environment with developed culture designed for long term employment. Limited growth opportunities due to low turnaround. Free insurance and up to 4 weeks vacation.
Place for Advancement
Sunset Station Bowling Events Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 13, 2018
Station Casinos is a good work place environment and I would definitely recommend applying. It's difficult to get hired full time from on call and unfortunately that is what I'm looking to do.
Stations - stay away
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  corporateSeptember 10, 2018
In my opinion, stay away at all costs. It will ruin your life.
The worst job I ever had. It is a total grind. The politics are unreal. Management is full of back-stabbing incompetents,
typical work week
VALET (Former Employee) –  Texas Station, Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
Weekends were somewhat busy, but weekday shifts were very slow. Occasional events would bring in more customers. Most valets were part time and they would often leave early.
Pros
good health benefits at reasonable cost, free lunches, employee discounts
Cons
Frequent change in management, each manager changed the rules for work requirements to suit their own taste, work pace at the older facility where I worked was painfully slow at times
Fine place to work
Race and Sports Writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Station Casinos. My only reason for leaving was to pursue and job offered to me (while I was not seeking other employment) that had better pay.
I love Station Casinos
Slot Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 25, 2018
Because of them I was able to advance my career. They're a family and the company helps you grow. You're able to try pretty much any position and learn with all the classes that they offer you.
great managements my manager is a sweetheart
Food Server Worker (Current Employee) –  green valley ranchAugust 16, 2018
station casinos is a great company the management is great polite, the food for the workers is great really great just be on time and provide a good service that is all
TM were nice, some of the managers was nice as well
Banquet room chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
The less you know the better off you was nobody bothered. Just do your job, sometimes teamwork is out the window, directors where cold don't care about the tm,
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Terrible Management & Training
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
Discrimination, Favoritism, hostility within the workplace. HR does nothing. Systems and training aren’t consistent, & micro managers won’t let you do your job. No career growth within company about who you know not what you know here. The focus is not to get the job done but to look good doing it, no Accountability. Don’t work here. Pay isn’t competitive either.
TEXAS is garbage property
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
Good tips at most properties. TEXAS is the worst property, Completely ran different than others. Untrained management, rapid turn over due to scruity by staff. Very uncomfortable environment. Violent guests. Go to any other property and Complete 180! Don't look at Texas station as The face of station casinos it's really not! ALL other properties are awesome.
Pros
Normally reliable good team members.
Cons
managers. not enough training. no one is trained the same. stupid rules, . Unprofessional attitude towards staff.
Temp Contract work
Software Consultant, VertiSystem (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Was brought on board to fix an issue that the in-house team was unable to reproduce in dev nor QA. after 4 weeks I reproduced the issue in dev and ameliorated the code. As well, I fixed many other issues with hanging application and added verbose logging and fixed parametrized query data types being passed in with the wrong types and lengths.
My experience with Station Casinos
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
I started working for Station Casinos back in 2008 as a GRA at Sunset Station, it was my first job here in Vegas. In 6 months I applied for an internal transfer and got the position Utility Slot Tech where I remained for 3 years. Station Casinos is a pretty good company to work for. I've worked for them a few times and each time I was welcomed back into the Stations family.
Pros
There can be opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay rate doesn, t match cost of living, Little to no benefits for low level employees
hopeless place to work.You will end up doing an on call position
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 8, 2018
This is the most hopeless cage to work at.Their standards are very high but wages are nothing,They will suck your blood.Very poor management,very poor HR.They will never listen to you.This is the only cage where there is such a fast movement of cashiers.Reason being you are under so much pressure.The staff is good but the managers are just hopeless.
Pros
free lunch
Rservations Agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
I loved the culture of the work place. Everyone worked hard and helped each other. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. The managers would answer any questions you had without hesitation, at times had to pitch in when there weren't enough people to answer calls, that was something I wasn't used to experiencing in the jobs I've had.
Pros
free meals, great pay and good benifits
Func place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
It’s a fast paced environment, people are always watching you so make sure you are doing the right things. You get to meet a lot of new people since it’s a casino, the casino itself is not located in a decent area so of course you get people that want to disturb the peace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Station Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.