Staybridge Suites Employee Reviews

A lovely place to work for a little while
Night Auditor, Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed most of my time at Staybridge, I did a multiplicity of things there and added to my skillset. A typical day would include light cleaning, occasional heavy lifting, and always customer service. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high turnover rate. I trained multiple people who would leave after a week or a few days. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the customers!
Pros
Pretty set hours, regular schedule
Cons
high staff turnover
fast-phase job with no boring routines
CHIEF MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2018
Everyday is a new experience and knowledge to gain with all the diverse in-house jobs that occurs every minute/hr.

Its a non-stop preventive maintenance throughout the day but the housekeepers helps you a lot in detecting possible problems or existing ones which really make the job easier than it would seem.

The management support is duly noted through unlimited supply of materials and tools that helps maintain the hotel to be as its best.

Overall its a fun place to work if you like diversified and problem-solving type of jobs everyday.
Pros
free breakfast and dinner
Cons
too far from my homeplace
Just wanted your work done did not have any special things for employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 2, 2018
Job did not care about its employees. Did not understand some of problems housekeepers had. Left up to other people on staff to solve problems. Supervisors would hire friends and did not take into consideration how long you worked there. Would not take employees considerations. Did not see much of people who run the suites. Was not keeping up with complaints from people who stayed at Sturbridge suites.
Cons
No benefits
When I started there it was really fun and laid back
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 30, 2018
Over the years we've had some amazing management, less than ideal management or no management at all. The new owners are really nice and really care about the employees. It's rare to find amazing owners like we have now.
Pros
It's a relaxed, laid back, make everyone feel like family kind of environment
Cons
Certain management will look for any reason to get rid of you if they don't like you, you can't trust anyone & tell them anything, keep your personal life to yourself.
Working here is like having no life at all
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 29, 2018
Work usually start around 8:30 and go start knocking at 9. Usually during the week you can get into the room and clean it. But on the weekends it is the most stressful. With having very little help and being full most of the time it’s hard to get done with work at a decent Time to be able to spend time with family.
Pros
Discounts on food. Breakfast after 10:30
No benefits and policy changes too much
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 29, 2018
I have a family that I don’t get to purchase insurance for, and policies change when they feel necessary. The ones who enforce the policies, are the ones who break policies and get frustrated with anyone who forgets a step.
Pros
Employee rate
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, they pay just enough to not receive assistance but not enough to get ahead
I love this place.
Front Desk Agent/Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2018
Feels like family. Fast paced. The management team and front desk staff make every rough day dealing with difficult guests easier. They are such a great team and work well together.
Pros
Family like setting. Decent pay. Ample hours.
Cons
Dealing with problematic guests. Downtown is very busy and fast paced.
Fun and Energetic Environment
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 5, 2018
The Staybridge Suites was a fun and energetic place to work. My favorite part of the experince was getting to know all of the guests that would come and stay with our hotel. The company was also very charitable and participated in many events around the community.
Pros
Healthcare and Paid Time Off
Cons
Hiring
Staybridge is a Great Workplace
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALAugust 20, 2018
The people I worked with were the very best. We were encouraged to have fun while working, which we did. " Very demanding" would describe the hardest part of the job. Great rewards made that demand worth it. One of the best jobs I've had working with/for others.
Pros
The people! The philosophy!
Cons
No benefits, outside corporate discount.
Amazing people to work with.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
I absolutely loved working at staybridge suites. Co workers were like small family we all looked out for each other and helped when needed. Management was awesome they would have cookouts and field days for all employees to attend.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
No benefits.
This was a part time job with no benefits
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJuly 2, 2018
Additional duties (preformed by the 1 full time employee) were constantly being added without consulting me or additional training,

The harder I worked, the more work I was given. This included lifting heavy boxes, and longer shifts. Speaking with the general manager didn't improve my situation. I felt I was being taken advantage of because I really cared about my job and long-term guests.
Pros
Meeting new people (guests)
Cons
Not being heard by mangement
Very beautiful hotel to work at - clean and easy
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 26, 2018
There was a lot of downtime as a laundry attendant which is nice if you like a slow paced work environment. Nice manager, very sweet. Take breaks any time, free dinner on certain nights. Amazing discounts!
Pros
Free dinners, many breaks, discounts!
Cons
Slow paced
Easy Job.
Front Desk Supervisor Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 5, 2018
Guest interactions were my favorite part of the job, and by and large were very positive and enjoyable. It's easy work, with a large emphasis on high levels of customer service at all times. No benefits at all besides VERY inexpensive rooms at all IHG properties.
productive
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
typical would be busy and good people I worked with. Manager needs to be more comprehensive towards her employees and not depend everything on the housing keeping supervisor she lets her decide everyones fate which is wrong!!!!!!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Customer focused company striving to meet all customer needs and requests.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJune 11, 2018
A typical day at work involved closing down the books and daily business. Helping customer with all their needs and simply being there to listen to them about their day. I learned about accounting and the audit end of hotel day to day business. The work place was upbeat with caring co workers. The most difficult part of my day was getting used to the overnight hours and missing out on the daytime.
Pros
Great opportunity to meet diversified groups of people, Wonderful atmosphere and pleasant place to work.
Cons
No breaks, hard working hours
Cool Job with possible advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2018
I liked this job. First job ever, worked in multiple departments. It was a great experience im glad it was possible. Staff was nice and helpful. Convenient.
Pros
full breaks
Cons
long shifs, some days couldnt leave til finished.
It was a friendly place to work
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there with the people employed at the time. There was unity amongst the employees and discounts for hotel stays were great. really enjoyed the people there
Pros
Easy Going Job
Cons
Managment Didnt Care About Staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus gaOctober 28, 2018
Working for the company was ok. But not a paying job. Staff is wonderful and l like it there. Just had to find something else to make more money. Over all it's a good place to work
Pros
As the cook you eat for free
Cons
No breaks but can do more
Nice place to work but Management sucks
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 21, 2018
Nice and clean hotel, loved meeting and interacting with the many guest from all over the world. Did not like the fact that I have a degree in hospitality but was never given a chance for advance. management simply needs leadership training. Management has a very nasty attitude and does not know how to communicate properly with the staff or the guest.
A great work experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 11, 2018
Do your work and go home. Always have on a business and respectful people's person attitude. Very easy and set up to gradually progress before I left. It's definitely worth a try....
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staybridge Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about