Staybridge Suites Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Operations Manager/Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2019
Manage all aspects of an extended service 114 room all-suite hotel.
Coordinate all functions of hotel including accounting, sales and operations.
Recruit, hire and train 20+ new employees for Front office, maintenance & housekeeping.
Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for process improvements.
Pros
Productive and fun
Cons
Wages
poor management
Housekeeping manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2019
this place is without a doubt the worst place i have ever worked ever, very poor management, with a very poor knowledge of hotel business, unable to understand the employees needs
It's a very stressful place to work. The GM micromanages all the departments so I dont think he needs any staff.
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 13, 2019
This was a great job I enjoyed it until we got a new GM and then he made it miserable. He micromanages all the departments and when you talk to the people in headquarters they don't do anything and it made it real stressful for him to keep going over your head.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Unorganized meddling manager
stressful,also a negative work enviroment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2019
everything feels like a rush when it comes to cleaning rooms, management could be better ,I enjoy meeting the guests that stay there and creating friend ships with them as well
challenge
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2019
exciting line of work. very much enjoyed working with the customers. and with the Hotel Personnel. The company\corporation has a very friendly and fair culture towards the employees.
Pros
friendly environment.
Terrible Enviroment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 5, 2019
Overworked and Underpaid. Management expects everyone to kiss their behinds and they let their kitchen lady get away with racism and bullying. They expect you to do way more than your job title and your pay grade. They are always short staffed and they are unappreciative of their good employees. Everyone gets paid min. wage Even their managers. You are CONSTANTLY getting yelled at by guest and the kitchen lady all day. The hotel is extremely outdated and the employees who have been there for more than 5 years are the worst because they "run" the place how ever they want and nobody does anything about their bad behavior. They won't let you eat and they don't give discounts on the pantry items. No scheduled lunch breaks. No relief. No help. Terrible training practices. The list goes on and on.
Cons
no bennefits at all
The place looks great - good job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 23, 2019
People not only want to know what the basic job is but also get a feeling for what the company culture is like, says Freeman. The point of a posting is to attract people to your open job, so if your summary only includes the basic job overview, you’re missing a great opportunity.
Very stressful enviorment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I liked working as a front desk agent but I didnt like the stress that came from the managers side of things. She was very dramatic and talked a lot about personal things. She would over talk you to the point that you could not get a word in even if she asked you a question.
Pros
The guest
Cons
management
N/a
Building Maintenance/ Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2019
Is too bad to work 360’ hotels the The management are so but No one respect employees the corporate they get good pay the employees and they don’t get nothing And you can’t complain no one listening to you
Productive work place
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 18, 2019
Its a good job just could use some guidence on management. Overall the experience was a great one i learned alot about my job duties and what i had to do on a regular basis
Pros
Great work experiece
Cons
Do not pay enough
Productive and fun .
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Everyone is so friendly and helpful. It’s like another family. I enjoyed and loved the two years I was there. Forever grateful for the management . They were so understanding and helpful when I most needed it .
Staybridge
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2019
Just average place to work. The amount of everyday cleaning was enormous, they definitely need more people to work in housekeeping. The work process didn't run smoothly. I have would to improve a lot of things to get rid of the stress of this particular job.
Night Auditor
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Wait for guest to check in, run audit at 2:30 am. . I tidy up the breakfast room and the back breakroom. After my audit is ran I go take guest bills and slide them under their doors. Make a list of guest who have a door flyer out requesting serviceinto the breakfast area and fill two large metal trays with ice usually require 2 trips to the ice machine. Then coffee is made and pastry is put out. I stock the coffee bar with sugar, creamer napkins, cups. I tidy up the kitchen so that it looks nicer then when I went in. I have my fresh cup of coffee and wait for guest to check out. I count my drawer and stock some of the amenities guests ask for in the back office. I will do a couple of walks around the building to check for any break in or anything out of the ordinary.
Pros
Nice atmosphere and nice breakfast area
Cons
Management cuts overtime and there is no paid holiday or vacation time or medical benefits
Great place but not great pay
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Rossford, OHFebruary 5, 2019
The management company is newer than most so they are more worried with building their "empire" more than their employees. The are very nice people and understand the value of hard work but with how busy they are with building multiple businesses at once they forget that the employees making their businesses run need to be compensated.
Cons
No Benefits
Staybridge
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Working for Staybridge has been a great experience and has given me an insight of what it takes to work for a corporate managed hotel verses a franchise
Pros
Great training and traveling
Cons
long work hours for salary employees
Great place
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Great place to work! Many opportunities for those willing to put in the hard work, time and effort! Benefits have varied with different management companies through the years but all have been good to excellent!
Productive and interesting interactions with customers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Work was enjoyable and great. Would be a lot better if benefit options were on the table and management were better with and for better job execution.
Nice but !!
Assitant housekeeping Manager/ (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 19, 2019
first of all you don’t get your money worth !!poor housekeeping and very poor management !! I would get to work and they always had trouble because people didn’t show up to work or supplies weren’t order !!!
Pros
When need day off they would give it to us !!
Cons
No insurance
work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2019
Checked guests in and out
Charged guests weekly
Easy job
Enjoyed interacting with guests who come and go as well as ones who lived there
Learned a lot from guests and what they like and do not like
Report Driven, Lack of Training,
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 11, 2019
12 hours a day. Heavy report driven company. Horrible Onboarding and Training. Unrealistic expectations. Revolving door of management. Job description completely inaccurate. Always short staffed, short on food and beverages for happy hour.

Responsible for hotel booking efficiency the very first day. Must be able to account for lack of booking to upper management in reports and conference calls.
Pros
Hard to find a pro.
Cons
50 + hour work week. Unrealistic goals and expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staybridge Suites. Our community is ready to answer.