Steadfast Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Money hungry corporate management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 3, 2018
In all honesty, there is no actual incentive to being a leasing agent with steadfast. Their corporate office never actually resolves issues, all they do is pass them down back to the property level. Even if you were good at keeping residents happy if you don't meet sales goals they look to fire you. And on a team work note there is very little. The only thing good about what the company offers is that they will pa out accrued PTO if you leave. other than that there is very little support from management. Also they want to call every community they own luxury, but they are far from it. at the properties I saw the buildings were disgusting with warped siding, gutters full, trash every where, and renovations where pretty much not a thing.
Cons
Horrible hours, lack of leadership, lack of training, subquality renovations
Nice Company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Steadfast Company. They offer so many perks to their employees and are dedicated to the communities that they surround. The only downside is the benefits weren't great.
Valued my time there - hoping for the best
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Overall, I am proud to say I worked at Steadfast. I was lucky to get the opportunities I got, the group I was in, and the supervisor I had. The main issues were the long hours and constant changes to policies. The company's owner spent a lot of money on a third party to help the whole company map all the procedures and policies to eliminate or alter the time wasters and trouble makers, but just shortly after, new policies in my department were put into place which pretty much erased all the work we did trying to reduce work and increase efficiency.

I had multiple opportunities to leave while working there but stayed because the group of people I worked with were not only talented and professional, but such a pleasure. You don't realize it's already 9pm and you're still at work when the accounting managers buy dinner for the department as a token of appreciation. Unfortunately, this was not a lifestyle I wanted to live in my point in life as a work life balance is important.

The work life balance overall was not bad (typical hectic time from 20th to the 5th during closing cycle then down time from 6th to 19th), but I was in a unique situation on two different schedules where despite my efforts to solve the issues with management, if action was taken on my suggestions, it would have taken too long.

Overall, I think this is a good company to work for and I do recommend working here, but I caution that the hours are definitely long for half the month (typical for accounting), the deadlines are time sensitive/strict, and you'll get stressed out for sure if you do not stay
  more... one step ahead of everyone else. If you are good with Excel, pick up quickly, and strive for efficiency over perfection, you will do great here. It is honestly not that bad, just the situation I was in. The saving grace is the people you work with. If not for them, it would just be another accounting department in another company.  less
Pros
Pay on point, great benefits, owner really cares, free lunch on AME day (20th), social culture great, talented and professional workers, fast paced, Irvine Towers farmers market and food trucks, bagels on Friday and fruit on Wednesday
Cons
Strict deadlines, many hands in the pot, long hours for unnecessary work, inefficient spreadsheet maintenance requirements, all managers' styles are similar so little diversity or points of views, take 1 step forward 2 steps back happened a lot
Overall Good Company
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2018
Overall great company. . Good HR team. Work life balance is awesome! Team/Property support is available. Training mentors available if you need help.
Pros
Excellent work family
Cons
Not many that you can’t live with
Great company at corporate, marginal at regional level
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Steadfast, one of the better companies I have ever worked for. Pay was good, benefits were great. I started as a maintenance technician to get my foot in the door, having relocated from out of state where I had been a maintenance supervisor for about eight years. Was promoted shortly after six months to maintenance supervisor at a smaller property within the region. After about eight months, started applying for larger properties both within the region as well as other regions but was never given a better opportunity despite having great evaluations. Watched them hire from outside where I felt there were qualified candidates within the company, myself included. I just believe that politics plays too big of a role where I was. Only left for a better opportunity outside the company because I couldn’t get one within.
Pros
Pto, pay, benefits
Cons
Feel I could have been given more opportunity, but was slighted
Great Company I learn a lot!
Labor Supervisor and Laborer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 7, 2018
I love working for SteadFast greta management, greta people great way to learn new skills on contracting and construction work. I will always love this company!
no work/life balance
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2018
Very stressful work place because it seemed like we were always short on staff.. none of the properties were real luxury properties, just super old ones that have been "renovated"... managers expect you to exceed sales goals every month even if its slow with little to no traffic. very hard to lease because the apartments aren't brand new but the prices are extremely high. the property I worked at had very old amenities so it was really embarrassing when prospects would ask about the pool, gym, dog park, etc.. my manager was a good manager but expected way too much from the team. be ready to work long hours and over time EVEN THOUGH YOU WON'T GET PAID FOR IT. also prepare to work every single weekend. I wouldn't recommend this company because of the expectations they have for the employees.. with such high expectations you would think their properties are top of the line, but they're not. and depending on what type of coworkers you have, you'll have to work twice as hard because some are greedy and take all of your returning prospects.
Pros
monthly goals are high, with low comission
Cons
extremely long hours, little to no room for advancement
Lease
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Awesome Place to work i learned about number leasing and balance workplace is easy going organized and fun good managers good pay nice growth if you upper management
Steadfast
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I have zero complaints about Steadfast. One of the top of the line companies to work for. I adored every single corporate professional I worked with and I was very pleased with my time with Steadfast.
Fun place, little room for advancement and management is lacking.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 6, 2017
My experience has been positive until new local management has changed. The company tends to shift property managers from location to location and this creates a continued "starting over" if you are an employee who stays at a single property. Relearning the wants of a new manager is difficult and often creates rifts- specifically if they are new and have things to learn. It is difficult to grow with your boss if they only view you as a subordinate employee.
Pros
PTO (3 weeks) 401k match, solid pay and commissions
Poor Management
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 9, 2017
If you enjoy working with no defined business goals or clear direction from management then Steadfast is the place for you! The hardest part of working for Steadfast would have to be their archaic processes. Accounting, operating systems, etc. is so manual and outdated! The benefits are great but individual compensation is awful and growth or room for upward movement is a rarity. With that being said, it is hard to find enjoyment working for Steadfast Companies.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Lack of Organization as a Company
December 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your experience with Steadfast did not meet the standard that we have set for ourselves. We strive to show associates that we align with our core values, specifically Value People. To do this, we currently offer training through Steadfast University in hopes to increase associate development and knowledge on an ongoing basis. In addition, each of the supporting departments at the Corporate office takes associate engagement very serious. We would welcome additional feedback you may have regarding your situation and how we can improve our associate’s experience in the future. In alignment with our open door policy, feel free to contact me with any additional matters that are of concern to you. My email address is Larry.Ito@SteadfastCo.com. Thank you.

Good for learning oportunity but too much stress from corporate office
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2017
I worked with some truly amazing individuals. All of the employees at property level are happy to help each other whenever necessary. Unfortunately, there was a lot of un-organization and chaos at the corporate level. Protocols changed daily. The company valued education but required so very much of it that it was difficult to complete daily workload as well. Also, managers were required to complete at least 3-5 reports each WEEK. The workload was strenuous to say the least.
Pros
Great co-workers, training
Cons
Stress from the corporate level, ridiculous workload
December 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that your experience with Steadfast did not meet the standard that we have set for ourselves. We strive to show associates that we align with our core values, specifically Value People. To do this, we currently offer training through Steadfast University in hopes to increase associate development and knowledge on an ongoing basis. In addition, each of the supporting departments at the Corporate office takes associate engagement very serious. Specifically, in the HR department, our goal is to respond to associate questions and concerns within 24 hours of receiving the inquiry. We would welcome additional feedback you may have regarding your situation and how we can improve our associate’s experience in the future. In alignment with our open door policy, feel free to contact me with any additional matters that are of concern to you. My email address is Larry.Ito@SteadfastCo.com. Thank you.

Awesome
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 24, 2017
Great team to work with , good hours , good pay , flexible and very body pitches in to help around with what needs done. Manager and staff very respectful and professional
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding working at Steadfast. We are very pleased your experience has been positive. One of our company core values is “Value People” and we are working hard to ingrain this concept into all that we do. We do believe that it starts with respect and demonstrating care for others. Please feel free to contact me at Larry.ito@Steadfastco.com should you have additional comments or questions. Thank you.

okay
Top Leasing Assistant Manager / Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2017
company is based out of california, not easy to get questions answered, no training program, no advancement, no open door policy, hard to feel like anyone cares or listens
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your experience with Steadfast did not meet the standard that we have set for ourselves. We strive to show associates that we align with our core values, specifically Value People. To do this, we currently offer training through Steadfast University in hopes to increase associate development and knowledge on an ongoing basis. In addition, each of the supporting departments at the Corporate office takes associate engagement very serious. Specifically, in the HR department, our goal is to respond to associate questions and concerns within 24 hours of receiving the inquiry. We would welcome additional feedback you may have regarding your situation and how we can improve our associate’s experience in the future. In alignment with our open door policy, feel free to contact me with any additional matters that are of concern to you. My email address is Larry.Ito@SteadfastCo.com. Thank you.

I am at Meritage at Steiner Ranch
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
I am senior leasing consultant and have been here since Steadfast Companies bought property in 2013. It definitely has it challenges, its a huge property.
Pros
sits in Steiner Ranch housing district
Cons
30 min from downtown Austin
June 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to describe your experience working at Steadfast. We truly value the hard work of all of our associates and we are so glad to hear you continued with Steadfast upon the property's acquisition in 2013. We would love to speak with you in regards to the challenges you have had so we can identify and address any areas that may need improvement. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue with Steadfast for years to come.

Busy and rewarding environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 6, 2017
I loved working for Steadfast! They bought out the property I was working at and kept me at that property. They even allowed me to be full time by placing me at 2 properties.
Pros
Amazing regional management
Cons
Not thinking advancement through
Fun environment with room for advancement
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I made lots of great friends even after leaving the company (which I did not want to do). For the most part the offer a great work/life balance. Their ideals are very family oriented, which I can relate to. They definitely love to promote from within which is AMAZING!
Pros
Internal promotion. Great work life balance. Great pay. Continuously growing
Cons
Upper management, given that they are not always in the office daily, will not always back you up or support you. At least not until things get REALLY out of hand.
You will Love It
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great company, they would always make you feel welcomed. I enjoyed working for this company. Management and upper management would always take their time to listen to you. Overall great place to work.
Not very productive
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 1, 2017
I worked there for only 2 months. This company does NOT provide training. I stayed 2 hours on my own time to try to catch up with all the work. Because in this company you are on your own. They expect too much and have no-one to answer if you have questions or if you are stuck.They one you stop what ever you are doing.and answer them Right away even when you are trying to post money on a 600 unit property.
I would NEVER work for them again.
Great company to work for ,managment not the brightest
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Lex kyJanuary 22, 2017
Decent place to work ,assuming there is a diverse management, all and all good place to work but budgeting is never clear and its kept secret until they hand it to you ,not allowing your input
Pros
Good pay, good bonuses, ample traini g
Cons
No breaks, hard to work with the upper managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steadfast Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight