Steak N Shake

Steak N Shake Employee Reviews

United States5,837 reviews
Found 5,837 reviews matching the search
Famous steakburger
Take orders and cash out orders. Fill drinks. Make shakes. Restock my area for the next shift and also make sure my area was swept and mopped. Then take trash out and reline the bag.
Will never work there again
Management sucks and the place wasn't kept up at all. The managers would sit in the back on their phones. Parts of the store like the break-room would be dirty and have bugs everywhere along with the dish-washing station.
Family brand
You will need a strong work ethic to work here. The customers are pretty friendly once you get to know them. This is definitely a family friendly brand.
They dont stick to their promises
I was hired with the understanding tht i would be given morning shify and switched from drive thru to waitress in a few weeks. It never happened. Unhappy work place.
n/a
I worked hard and was very reliable never called in sick picked up shifts for everyone and went above and beyond my duties. Steak n shake in mt zion needs some management work
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
It is also a job.
It was my first job and really sets the standard for all food service jobs. You work with children, adult children, bad behaving customers, and inept management. Also everything was always disgustingly dirty. After I left, everything seemed to be in a state of disorder. The fact that they have since closed most Steak 'n' Shakes says something.
Steak and Shake is an old school company with racial guidelines.
While working there I experienced racial comments and poor management. They have rules you can't even wear dreads because they're considered dirty. While going through some bad home experiences my management gave me grief for coming in with a broken hand that I couldn't control.
It’s a good company to work for.
My place of employment is great. They work with what you need. If there’s an emergency, they are very understanding. They make you feel welcome and make you feel appreciated.
Customers
I feel like any job you are at and you can please each and every customer is always a good thing bottom line customers come first no matter what job you are helding
No organizatied
Unorganized, people that work there are nice but can tell there on some kind of drug, rude to customers sometimes. Messy in the back and no much teamwork
horrible workplace
they lie about your pay... i was promised $13 an hour as an assistant manager. but what they dont tell you is is the general manager is working you only make minimum wage
My co workers
Management didnt treat me fair they was suppose to train me on everything i was there 4 years amd i never was let out of prep the whole time i was in prep never advanced i started at 8.25 anx after 4 years i was up to 9.00
Steak ‘n Shake
Only gave me about two days of training and then proceeded to tell me to train someone else. Weren’t understanding when one thing got messed up. Rude co workers, rude managers that don’t help with anything
My time at steak n shake
I love most of the people I work with because their fun people but the managers are picky of who they like and then they treat the rest poorly. I have fun at work when I’m doing what I’m doing but it’s also sometimes a toxic environment.
Fast paced
This is a fast paced environment. Keep up with customers orders and your cleaning and keeping stocked. Weekends and holidays are busy. 1st shift is laid back and quiet.
Pretty good for my 1st job
average work day pretty busy on the weekends and early week days.the hardest part is the side work. I learned how to roll silverware work a register.overall good people
It was very professional
I liked it and I would love to go back and prove my passion for cooking and working well
With others also I look forward to seeing how much I can grow
It’s a decent job.
It definitely pays the bills but all the stores have went down hill within the last 1 year. The hours are definitely there but it’s very tiresome when you are the only one deemed capable of doing everyone’s job.
Sure
They closed there doors and could care less about there guests or associates. They are a poorly managed company. Plus my general manager was stealing and changing my counts. When I said something to DM nothing was done.
Steak n shack was a summer job for me I was still in school but it had great people working there great management as well it was a great job for students and kids in college
Highs and Lows
Work life can vary depending on what shifts, days and positions you work. It can be great one day and then be completely awful the next day. Master as many positions as possible to learn what works for you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steak N Shake. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Steak N Shake.