Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation Employee Reviews

Awesome place to live and work
Lead Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 15, 2019
This was a job you get to go have fun on a daily bases. You also worked really hard and sometimes long hours. Some days of it didn’t snow you didn’t do much and had the tome to relax. If it did snow, it was a very busy day.
Productive and Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, ColoradoApril 9, 2019
Probably one of the best companies to work for. Never felt like we were working because of the atmosphere and work culture of the company. Everyone was motivated to do their job while enjoying everyone's company.
Good company to work for
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 30, 2019
The company takes care of you. Working to ski is a great trade off! Although the cost of living is so high, it is worth trying to balance two jobs. Steamboat is a good company to work for
Fun work space with a breathtaking landscape
Line Cook, Commis (Former Employee) –  Steamboat springs USAOctober 28, 2018
One of the finest Ski resorts in USA with an active and learning work environment. Had the opportunity to train and enjoy the culture and lifestyle of Colorado.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Short hours during summer
Good job for seasonal traveling workers
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COSeptember 13, 2018
Good expereince and opportunity for learning a trade and developing skills to compete on a global scale in the culinary or hospitality industries! Not a whole lot of structure which makes you either leave the company or assert yourself and create your own systems, rules and use unfortunate trial and error early on in your self taught knowledge building and what I like to call renegade proffesionalism !
Pros
free ski passes for employee and dependents
Cons
seasonal work that stops for few months a year
great
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COSeptember 4, 2018
steamboat is great. went to line up at 9 am. went down priority and you got pick what level you taught. from there you taught kids snowboarding, lunch was provided for you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not always guaranteed work
Retail
Rental Retail Hybrid (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 14, 2018
It was a relaxed job and was fun as well. We would be able to go out and ski or snowboard for our breaks. Learned a lot and fast with all the product we had in the shop as well.
Pros
Easy slow paced
Cons
Low pay
Good Ski Resort to work at
Rental/Retail Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 12, 2018
If you're looking to be a ski bum, Steamboat is a great place to be. Good company culture, good mountain, fun jobs & a free ski pass are the plusses. Low pay, extreme lack of affordable housing, not a lot of free time are the negatives.
Pros
Good company culture, good mountain, fun jobs & a free ski pass
Cons
Low pay, extreme lack of affordable housing, not a lot of free time
Chill Overnight Job with little to no pay or advancement
Overnight Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 2, 2018
Steamboat Springs is super chill. You'll have the occasional drunk or bear to deal with but its super laid back. You'll get 40 hours a week, but it won't amount to much and raises are a joke with no room for advancement, overall a great seasonal job if you want a free ski pass!
Pros
Free stuff, discounts
Cons
you might work yourself into the red
Fun and Exciting Environment
Greenskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJuly 23, 2018
Living in a ski town can be challenging but balancing work and play is key, steamboat helps you get out and enjoy your surrounding off of the clock to help you enjoy working in such a beautiful area.
Good managers to work for
Pre-Sold Representative (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJune 24, 2018
i had a great time working for Steamboat Ski Resort however i did have to work 2 jobs in order to survive. so pay wise it was not the best and they reason it because you get a ski pass but i didn't even use mine.....however the managers are great and understand the struggle as they were where i was.
Fun place to work, but didn't work with my family obligations.
I.T. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 25, 2018
I was very excited when I got my job at SSRC, on paper it was my dream job. However, over time I realized my department didn't offer a good balance between work and family life. I accepted the position while I was married, knowing that I would be required to work Holidays and some weekends. I then separated, and as a single father found it difficult to effectively manage the work load and my family obligations. This was especially difficult around the Holiday season which is the busiest time of the year in the resort industry.
Pros
Free ski pass, discounts, get paid to ski!
Cons
Seasonal environment which can be very busy or very slow depending on the time of year.
Was a overall good job and career building and learning experience!
RESORT FACILITIES CHEF (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 25, 2018
High volume fast paced professional culinary kitchens with strong management teams and support. I enjoyed the challenging nature of the daily workload! Done by the books!
Pros
Free employee meal per shift for kitchen staff. Free ski pass!
Cons
Long hours and exhausting at times. Short breaks
workplace culture
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 11, 2018
Very interesting group of co-workers. Unfortunately you get put into a set schedule where you work with the same people over and over again. Getting stuck with the bad workers is not fun.
Pros
some free meals
Cons
pay
Good place to work and have fun.
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COApril 9, 2018
Good place for seasonal job, lots of fun and activities.If you are young and want to have fun, that is the place.Having seasonal passes is one of the biggest benefits.
it was nice
Mountain watch (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COMarch 17, 2018
Cool stuff, I showed up, worked, then went home. Sometimes I did not want tot wake up early but I needed the money and so I did it. It was nice and freezing outside but I would be able to work inside
Pros
free kid lunches
Cons
sick kids
Great Place to Work
Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Four Points LodgeFebruary 15, 2018
Work wasn't super hard. Fun environment. Great management and coworkers. I felt as though I was important there and you get to board to work every morning.
Pros
Free Lunch and Ski Pass
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Ski instructor at Steamboat Ski Resort in Colorado (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COFebruary 14, 2018
great place to work, fun environment and people. difficult to manage as a new worker. because I was only a first year worker I often felt under appreciated and was given lower jobs
worst
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 27, 2018
co workers were ok but you had ones that always would take off your cart. then the management...dont even get me started they are the most judgemental and stuck up people ive ever met. they look down on you as thou you was trash.
good work atmosphere
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CODecember 30, 2017
fun atmosphere to work in and coworkers really work as a team. Managers want you to succeed and really make it a comfortable place, they are there for your best intrest
Pros
social life, pretty relaxed overall
Cons
can get chaotic