Steelcase Employee Reviews

The company as i knew it doesn't exist any longer.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2018
The company has changed so much since I was employed there so I can't review the company with any type of accuracy. It was a great place to work when I was there.
Pros
Great company to work for
great opportunity
Workspace Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2018
there are several ways to move around within the company. The company provides education assistance. Steelcase adheres to its core values. this is a great place to work
Job was good and keped me buzzy was verry hands on
Sticher (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 2, 2018
Worked in a gripe setting on price work was very fast paced and had very long 10 hour days and expected alot of overtime was a very hands on job had to b able to work well with others as well as on my own had to work fast paced
Pros
Was able to work anny overtime i wanted durring high sails
Cons
Not enuf time for my family durring high sails time
Showcase work environment
Engineering Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2018
Temporary employee but treated very well. Gorgeous building with world wide organization.
Role in my team was very good fit, plenty of work to review, feedback was almost always positive.
A good job
Materials Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 28, 2018
It's a solid job and they let you try anything if it will help the company. Human Resources is terrible if you are in a leadership position. They are an advocate for the employees on the line and do not have any member of management's best interests in mind whatsoever.
Management is great, pay is not
HV Trim Assembly (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJune 26, 2018
Entry level pay is far less than market average. Management is generally fun and helpful. Vacation hours are few and far between. Communication between departments is awful. HR is very slow with applications for new jobs within the company.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 25, 2018
Steelcase is a good company with plenty of hours available. It also provides good benfits and good opprtunites for advancement. Pay is based off preformace and length of time with the company.
Unloading Trailers and Organizing
Loader/Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 16, 2018
This was a tough summer job because it was very physically demanding. Although it was tough because of the heat and long hours, I think the pay made it worth while, and it was clear that Steelcase cares about their employees.
good stepping stone to get your career started
Temporary Assignment as Material Planner/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 11, 2018
Overall a good learning experience. I had the opportunity to work in different areas which allowed me to use different tools that were available. It a great place to gain a very solid working knowledge of SAP. The manufacturing floor can be a little intimidating, but stick with it and there are great learning opportunities here. You do seem to plateau quickly though as far as advancement.
Productive and Great
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 10, 2018
Steelcase was a great and friendly place to work. I enjoyed working at Steelcase. The Management was great . People was very friendly and helpful with any questions you needed answered.
Fast paced
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 9, 2018
Steelcase is a fair place to work.The management team is well organized.There is always opportunities for overtime but the pay rate is very low and due to that I wanted to pursue finding another job.
Being young it set me on a path of learning about quality work cultures in a fast paced corporation
Machine Operator. Brake press oper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2018
Great place 2 work everyone seems to care to help to assist great learning environment the quality of the product they produced was second to none everything wan in cycles it was almost perfect,
Pros
One of my favorite jobs
Cons
For such a place of hope sad to see what has happen to the corporation.
no summary needed
Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
was alright place to work for the paycheck and the people i with were alright as well and the supervisors and leads were just the same. it was and alright place to work at
Materials Management Intern Experience
Materials Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 2, 2018
Steelcase is an awesome place to work and their culture is unmatched. People are very nice, "dress for your day" attitude, flexibility to work in different areas of the building as well as from home. My only issue was that when I was nearing the end of my internship and expressed the desire to stay with the company they didn't have any openings. They offered me a zone leader job (non degree required) but nothing that actually utilized my degree and skills. Hopefully the materials management team has solved this issue.
Pros
Great Cafe, Dress for your Day, Amazing Culture
Cons
Not a lot of growth and ability to go from intern to full time
I enjoyed working at Steelcase, but my plant closed where I did Purchasing.
Specialist, Material and Production Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2018
I did the Purchasing for the Specials at the Plant, so i was fast paced. I enjoyed the team members, and we worked together well. The company downsized and moved out of state.
Pros
Team members, felt like you accomplished something, good work environment
Cons
Management decided to move to Mexico.
we have a place where you can workout .
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 25, 2018
I like working for Steelcase . Its a good job and a lot of good people work there .I"m just looking for some part time work for more money.
Its a good place to work .
Laid off
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 25, 2018
This place laid people off on a daily bases, I was there for a day. Me and 13 people were laid off in to weeks. Work is not hard. They don't give people a chance.
Not a good place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 23, 2018
They try to interfear with your personal life to the point where you hate the place. The management sucks they don't know the jobs and try to interfear with your job if your doing it safely and efficiently as possible. Steelcase say they are all about safety and they don't care if you get hurt on the job or not they will try there best not to pay workmans comp. Steelcase will also try to ruin your personal and work life. Its a poor excuse for a job. Only go there if you really are desperate for a job.
Pros
Are none besides insurance
Productive and family oriented place to work
Material Planner/ Buyer-Clerical (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 19, 2018
Productive and family oriented place to work. Fast paced environment. Able to grow with in your position and ability to apply for all positions with in the company with out prejudice.
truck unloader
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2018
I had to unload and sort semi-trucks full of furniture. I also had to sort and scan each piece of equipment then, ensure it got to the right door according to dates, and shipment location. I loaded the semis as well.
Pros
good hours n pay
Cons
management was poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steelcase. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss