Step up for students Employee Reviews

fun went on field trips, swimming
Staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2018
it was fun the staff were welcoming, and my workers were always willing to help each other out. we go swimming on fridays, we have splish splash fridays for the little kids.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Superb support for grade schoolers
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2017
State-wide program that continues to grow. Today, it supports grades K-12 with nearly 200,000 students with programs otherwise unavailable to them. Additionally, it provides answers and support to other states trying to grow similar programs
Pros
Tremendous support for new comers
Nice Place to be
Processor Applications- Seasonal-2nd Year (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2017
Very Nice people and productive environment, the training was top notch and management are not watching you all the time , had a good time there, many events and free food, work was fun.
Pros
Super Nice People
Cons
No benefits - Seasonal
Enrollment Specialist/Client Services (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 29, 2016
this is a place to grow and learn. if i didn't have to leave i would not but relocating for family matters. they look out for there employees and give you every chance to grow professionally and personally.
Pros
growth, open door
Cons
Working with children and helpng my teacher with work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2016
I worked as an assistant , I helped the children with their home work, school activities, went of field trips, helped during lunch and making friends with other children. I enjoyed working at the school and growing a bond with the kids , nothing about the job was hard I really loved the experience.
Excellent
Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
This company is awesome! The best job I've ever had. I just want to put my resume out here to see if what is out here for my skills that I've sharpened in the last few years.
Seasonal
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work at Step Up was sitting in a small cubicle at a computer reviewing applications. I learned a lot about income calculations, Florida Laws in regards to the scholarship program, and that I truly enjoyed working for a non-profit organization. We did not have a lot of interaction with other co-workers, but I worked with a lot of really nice people. We had some team building events about once a month where everyone in the office would get together and we would play team building games. I think the hardest part of the job was not having any interaction with other people, but I enjoyed working non-profit and giving people scholarships, and that made it worth it.
Wonderful Place to Work
Coach - SME / Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2015
this company really cares about the children. This company has a dedicated staff who loves there job, respect their employees this is a great compan
Great Non-Profit Company provides a wonderful service for under-priveleged youth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Aids underprivileged families in obtaining academic scholarships for students to improve their educational opportunities.

Learned to aid families in applying for Private School scholarships.

Hardest part of job is advising applicant that they were denied the scholarship.

Advising the applicant they had been awarded the scholarship.
Pros
helping under-privileged youth obtain better education
Cons
Advising the applicant they had been awarded the scholarship.
Great Company
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2012
Great company! Great People! Great management! It's a company the helps low income families, and it really does change lives, for the less fortunate.
Pros
great!