Stephen Wade Auto Center

Stephen Wade Auto Center Employee Reviews

United States40 reviews
The work was not difficult and the pay was average, but I enjoyed most of my coworkers. The main problem was that everyone looked out for their own best interest and nobody was afraid to step on someone else for their own success.
Pros
Easy work, fun environment, good hours, enjoyable job
Cons
Little trust, repetitive work
I became a service writer at Stephen wade and was promised such great things where money and advancement was concerned. The manager straight out lied to me. He keep defending someone who was caught stealing money and giving him jobs. He kept changing his mind on what kind of jobs I was allowed to get and kept giving customers that were supposed to be mine back to this other writer. 100 percent would not recommend working there unless you have a customer base already and are very well versed in being a service writer.
The managers focus more on putting a deal together than the customer or the employees. Asks for you do so extra work and put in extra time to not be compensate for that. Also all Agents are trained differently, which makes it very difficult to all be doing the same job.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Training consistency
NoneIt’s not a very good company to work for they have a tendency to burn people out and it’s all about the managers making money and lessSteven Wade has no loyalty to his people in anyway shape or form it’s all about their money in their pocket it will never be the place for a long-term
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
great place with great mechanics. hard to advance and lack of training opportuinities. hired outside of company. benefits not so good. very fast paced and unorganized at times
Very good place to work, I’ve switched dealerships since and can say this is hands down the best group to work for regardless of your position 100% recommend
A lot of turn-over and the employee is no longer appreciated for their contributions. Poor insurance choices and LOW starting wages. Limited chances to advance and have to beg for raises.
They took a lost little boy and made a sales MAN. awesome pay the management is soso. if you get lucky you will have a great management. a-lot of them are turds but there are some good ones.
I have worked here for over 8 years. The company is very involved with the employees family well-being and involved in the community and provides a fun and rewarding job opportunity. For those willing to learn and put in a good days work there are great advantages in working for Stephen Wade Auto Center.
I have worked for this company for 10 years or so. They are fair, honest, they care about me and my family. They care about everybody; employees, customers, the community.
I was a receptionist when I stated but later I moved to the office. They were nice and fair to me. I ended up having to relocate for personal reasons. That is the only reason why I quit. I miss being there.
I started as a detailer, then I was moved to the service department because I got promoted. I just got promoted again. In this company if you work hard you can make a career out of working here.
Great company with a great mix of long and short term employees. Management has always done well with coaching and training. Expectations were always clear and goals that were achieved being recognized.
I have worked for this company for nearly 15 years. They have been a fantastic company to work for. They have provided opportunity for me and others to advance and grow. Pay is competitive and fair. Don’t get me wrong this is a business and it is a job and as employees we are required to work hard, but when you work hard you are treated well. Great place to work.
Pros
Great family owned business.
Cons
None.
SWAC has good pay, a quick interview and hiring process, and fun coworkers. they offer flexible hours and understanding from higher ups about life obligations
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
This company really cares about everybody. There are opportunities to get promoted. training is paid for. people can move from one dealership to another or to a different department is desired. Some of the employees started at the bottom and now they are managers. And the leadership really cares about me as a person.
For any person whom is considering Stephen Wade Auto center, for whatever position, they should feel confident in knowing they will gain much from the experience. Fast paced workplace with high energy environments depending on what department you're looking to work in. Family Oriented Management Team with a big connection with the Southern Utah Community.
enjoy the environment and workplace and employees. i feel my talents are not being utilized to my full potential. I do not want to have to change companies but the opportunity to advance is limited
Pros
great palce to work
Cons
healthcare and advancement
Worked there for a year and I loved it. I will never forget the experiences and valuable information I learned from there. Leaving there was very hard for me. I loved all my coworkers as if They were family. As a female working in a mans workspace I was never treated unfairly.
the people are amazing to work with, managers included (when theyre not busting your (gonads). summers are blistering but you can make good money if your diligent and do what your told
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
good luck eating it hot
The work environment was hostile most of the time . There were favorites and if you weren’t part of the group you were treated poorly . Not a great workplace for women it’s ran by men for men . I was told I made more then some of the salesmen but my work ethic was also better then most of them .
Pros
Lunch pAid for by company on Saturday
Cons
Long hours no recognition