Stericycle Employee Reviews

Found 983 reviews matching the search See all 1,036 reviews
Former employee
Experienced Senior Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 11, 2018
On a typical day Stericycle was a great place to work and the benefits were awesome. Training was extensive and I would go back there if there was an opportunity to.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Some of the supervisors
Part time position, fit my schedule
Sharps Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Citrus County, FLDecember 8, 2018
I only worked as a part time Steri Tech. It fit my schedule perfectly and the payment was decent. My first and 2nd year I received raises after the yearly evaluations. After that the only thing that was consistant was the Thanksgiving and Christmas gift card to Publix. In conclusion Stericycle is an excellent company to work for.
Indepent Work
Sharps Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2018
Depending on the position you have you could go many places. I have learned to keep focused but take your time as to not make mistakes. Management is good about helping with problems when needed.
Great team, low pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2018
The wages are not at a level to live well in a metropolitan area. Wages should take into account the role and responsibilities as well as the costs of housing.
Good, but not good enough
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SENIOR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 4, 2018
Coworkers make the workplace livable, but not how the management handles and divides workload among employees. Occasional overtime specially approaching month end is expected.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 3, 2018
The environment is face paced and being efficiently productive is a requirement in order to stay within exceeding guidelines. Hardest part of the job is the high volume of work.
Pros
Busy
Cons
High Volumn
Tough Company to work for
Facility Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2018
The culture is prescribed, but loosely enforced. Senior leadership seems to be very unorganized, which makes it hard to focus on the real issues that need to be addressed.
Great Job Opportunity
Sr. Patient Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 30, 2018
Great opportunity for those who are looking for a set schedule. This is a very fast based company with great benefits. They pay is great and based son experience.
Worst Experience Ever
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 30, 2018
I had the opportunity to be employed at this organization for a year. It was by far the worst experience ever. I received no formal training on the role or the products that my team was responsible for selling. This made it difficult to train my direct reports and sustain some consistency. There is a major gap in communication from the senior management team down to the sales reps. More often than not decision were made and the sales management team was never updated. The commission compensation was explained incorrectly during the hiring/intervewing process. I asked two Directors for a break down on how commission pay was calculated and neither of them were able to provided a clear explanation. I never received a monthly 1-1 with my director during the first 10 months of employment to discuss performance or set goals even with me requesting time be set aside for it. After some company re-alignments I started reporting to another director. I realized this guy didn't have a clue as to what he was doing and couldn't be an effective leader. Our 1-1s consisted of what he felt I was doing wrong, rather than expectation setting. There was never any coaching provided, even with me asking for it, on how to move towards meeting and exceeding my personal and team goals. Instead it created a hostile work environment., The director does a good job at cheering with the teams success, but passes the blame on their failures. In my years of sales leadership I have never seen such a poorly run company, There is absolutely no accountability in this organization. So glad to be gone from this  more... place.  less
Pros
Nobody tracks your vacations days
Cons
Nobody tracks anything
Great Company / Poor Management Infrastructure
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 30, 2018
The Ideals of this Company are Outstanding. The people in corporate and other locations are amazing. Local Management is Horrific. Definitely a Good Ole Boy Network. Corporate has no idea of what kind of people they have Entrusted their company too. I have never seen such morally bankrupt and unethical people in my entire career. There is a clear lack of empathy and respect for the employees. Its sad and clearly illustrated by the senior leadership. And the employees whisper afraid to say or do anything. Sadly the best thing that the company could do to protect the employees from the lies and managing with personal vendettas is get rid of anyone who has worked with the company locally over 5 years. They are a cancer and destroying the fabric and integrity of a great company.
Pros
Great hardworking team; Good benefits
Cons
Management Horrible
Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2018
Park 18 wheeler, maintain a safe and sanitary environment, dump hazardous waste in the proper bins, move and load hazardous wastes under direction of supervisor, load and unload products from trailers using forklift trucks and other material handling equipment, store the products in proper places in warehouse
Great Customer Service company to work for
Expert Solution (recall call center) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2018
Great company with a stable setting long term work. Love my job and helping others who needed me after hours as there support system.
My nature is about supporting where needed.
Pros
solving problems
laid back environment
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PANovember 21, 2018
The job was very fast and a lot of work. I like that. Manager in my location didn't really know what was going on. Better management is needed. other than that I liked it.
Pros
laid back
Cons
management
Productive and fun work place
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PANovember 20, 2018
They had pot lucks and little contests for the employees. Everyone was split into groups and assigned a supervisor and we competed for the best quality score. It was fun
If you need a job it will do
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Des MoinesNovember 17, 2018
I applied for a route driver. The ad said non cdl. But the manager told me right away a class b is required. He said they advertise that way because truckers with a cdl dont want to work here driving a straight truck. The pay is 15 to start and 16 after obtaining a cdl. Your raise is every year at only 3 percent. He said he's never seen a raise over 5 percent. You probably won't have any days off either.
Also corporate has no idea where the place is and has multiple recruiters.
Pros
Blue cross medical insurance
Cons
Insulting raise. Dont like being lied to.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 17, 2018
I do not wish to rate this company at this time. It is a good training company for people who first get a CDL license to learn different equipment. Not high on pay.
Na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 16, 2018
I dont have too many complaints about the company. One would be the inconsistent scheduling. Busy times we were short; slow times, we were over scheduled
Pros
work from home
Cons
can be stressful
Good company to start with.
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 15, 2018
I am a remote driver in Savannah, Ga. My team office is located in Orlando, FL. Good working with retail associates. Learn a lot working with hazardous materials. Good environment to work in.
Pros
I work alone, travel a lot
Cons
Too many stops on the routes
Nice place
Sr. Patient Advocate/ Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2018
Lots of changes after moving. Great place. The culture is great and the employees are amazing. I would refer this job to any one wanting stability. Would return to this company.
Ok company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 8, 2018
Solid Sales Company
Low morale
Friendly employees
Decent Management
Very Good Sales Training
Constant changing of comp plans yearly
No Car Package
Minimal Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight