Stericycle Employee Reviews

Pleasant enough place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
For me a typical work day was 8-5 answering phones and taking care of emails.
I leaned how to prioritize my tasks.
Management for the most part would assist whomever had the most need at the time.
The hardest part of the job was when phones and emails slowed down to the point of having too much time and not enough work.
The most enjoyable part of the work was interacting with the different personalities.
A productive work environment that I would recommend.
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 20, 2018
Would go into work , start the day off by doing the same thing everyday, burning hazardous hospital waste. The management was great. They were willing to work with you if there was a problem. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the chemicals that were being burned.
Fun work place, friendly staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
Call center based Environment. Answer customer phone call regarding existing account. Inform customer of all information in regards to product on hand and as to why there may or may not be a defect to items. Assist customer on how to get propper exchange and refund to all defect products. Call customers to make sure they have been informed of all mishaps. I would also update existing accounts. Consult with customer on options of service and coverage. Resolve service issues and share benefits of additional service
Horrible Management on the shredded side
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJune 17, 2018
Under pay for the job that I did and management made the job harder than what it needs to be management show favoritism to routes and if you had a disagreement with management or something that wasn't fair your route got screwed over the next day and so much other stuff that there is not enough room to even put on here.
Pros
CoWorkers
Cons
Management and no breaks and favoritism underpaid
Poor management, over worked.
I guess a driver, I never knew. (Former Employee) –  Aston, PA & Trenton NJJune 16, 2018
Horrible management, not treated fairly. They hired anyone just for labor reasons. They don’t care about there customers, just the bottom line. You are not going to have good customer service this way.
Pros
When I left
Warehouse is fun
Bio Hazardous Medical Waste Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJune 14, 2018
Management has no communication but the guys on the floor doing all the real work are cool to work. Also super hot in the warehouse but try give a lot of overtime
Please look somewhere else besides for Stericycle!!!!
Driver/ service tech (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 13, 2018
Terrible management, they think they own you they can careless about the customer or employees! Can’t do anything right! They can careless about you!!!!
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
Everything else
Call Center Job
Healthcare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
Typical call center job, except in the medical field. Kind of like 911 but for after hours non emergency hospital patients. Call center environment equals micro managing to a certain degree.
Poor training - you're on your own
Sr. Patient Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 12, 2018
Poor work/life balance. You cannot be absent on a Monday. I had no voice due to laryngitis and still showed up, but they said either get on the phone (and grow the ability to speak magically and instantaneously) or go home and get fired.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Very poor work/life balance. Non-existent.
Collect Sharps
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 12, 2018
Change out sharps container, in patent rooms and procedure area. I would make sure that the Carts are properly. Then I would collect all the Pharmaceutical waste and stage it in its proper place as well.
upper managent lacks vision
Facility/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearl City, HIJune 10, 2018
In areas of HR and safety there is very little support and financial corrections are at the bottom while execs are added. Stericycle is a growth by acquisition and does not foster organic growth.
Pros
Some autonomy
Cons
No mid management support
Good company
Dispatch/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2018
Stericycle was a good company to work for. I have nothing at all negative to say because I always try to focus on the positive at all times. This part of the survey feels a little forceful and people should be able to say a much or as little as they please.
friendly workplace
CALL CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
great place to work, management was always very understanding and friendly, co-workers and supervisor made it a fun place to work, and could start working from home with in a couple months.
great place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 6, 2018
It is a fast paced job, working with the best customer service representatives. The management staff is caring and personal. The job is demanding but rewarding. I enjoyed helping people with decisions that can be difficult.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
working holidays
Poor Management
Operator / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 5, 2018
Company did not care about its clients or employees. Why offer a service if you cannot provide it? I was ashamed at how some of our clients were treated.
Not a good place to work just throw you to the wolf with no trainning.Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2018
very under class management every manager is out for self and do not support you and team leader are just as worst............. its the hardest place to work and have a very high turn over.
It was a fun place to be for a time.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 30, 2018
the staff was too young and greedy skimming money out of the petty cash that was there for work purposes so they didn't like when we did overtime because they felt like they were loosing money by having to pay us the overtime yet they never said it , it was well known by regular employees other than that they had me doing jobs that wasn't on my job description and entitled me using my own vehicle and going out of state and out of town and they didn't want to pay for my gas to travel.
Pros
they treated us to lunch quite often
Cons
we had extra short breaks
"No Easy Days" Midfield Al
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 28, 2018
Poor Management with lack of communication skills and commitment to employees. Additional duties will be assigned that are not in your current job role. Pay grade will be 13.00 with no annual raises. Poor work environment which will include working outside daily.
Flexible
Field Representative/Independant Contractor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 23, 2018
Very flexible job. You accept what projects you want to complete. They communicate professionally and often as needed. Wish more project would become more available. Would not recommend if you are looking for full time.
Cons
Not many projects as often as I would like.
Company Can Use The feedback of it's employees.
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 22, 2018
Manage the clients through daily activities and accounts to assure the safety of the hospitals. Make changes to accommodate the route for the following day. Interact with management to provide a vision of detailed route destinations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

58out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stericycle.