Stericycle Employee Reviews

Found 1,024 reviews matching the search See all 1,082 reviews
Worst job I've ever had hands down!!!
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 21, 2019
1st things 1st do not apply for a job here it will be the worst mistake you have ever made unless ur desperate! Management doesn't care about you ur safety or ur family! Oh you want a raise hahaha goodluck....I've been there 3 years and have only received $1.00 which totals .33 a year really sad!!! You could get a job at McDonald's and get paid more $$$. Absolute joke of a company that brags that they are a multi billion dollar company!!!
Pros
A vending machine hahaha lol...
Cons
Junks trucks, horrible management need I say more...
Great Company / Poor Management Infrastructure
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 30, 2018
The Ideals of this Company are Outstanding. The people in corporate and other locations are amazing. Local Management is Horrific. Definitely a Good Ole Boy Network. Corporate has no idea of what kind of people they have Entrusted their company too. I have never seen such morally bankrupt and unethical people in my entire career. There is a clear lack of empathy and respect for the employees. Its sad and clearly illustrated by the senior leadership. And the employees whisper afraid to say or do anything. Sadly the best thing that the company could do to protect the employees from the lies and managing with personal vendettas is get rid of anyone who has worked with the company locally over 5 years. They are a cancer and destroying the fabric and integrity of a great company.
Pros
Great hardworking team; Good benefits
Cons
Management Horrible
Review
Route Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2019
The best aspect of my former position was interacting with the customer's on my route. I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers. Hardest part was management.
Pros
Benefits, Co workers and route customers
Cons
management
A hectic environment
PLANT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2019
You have to be a team player and be able to work under extreme conditions. The benefits are good, but the salary is small and no room for advancement. Manager is easy to talk to and values my service.
productive
SERVICE PLANT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 15, 2019
very busy through out the day, but every co workers helps to get the job done in a timely manner and safe. management is not afraid to jump in and help.
Pros
good management
Cons
health benifits
Steer clear
Router/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleFebruary 12, 2019
This is a very poorly ran company that is NOT focused on the customer but only on the money they are going to make. Benefits are lacking, management is poor, and moral stays down!
Pros
off all major holidays and weekends
Cons
everything
Na
SR Customer Care Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 17, 2018
This job only benefits those who have a relationship with someone in management. Managers do not place employees with the job that best fits their experiences.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Love the job but poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Lacks management and does not care about employees. Benefits should be provided but are instead paid by employee and to high. Has changed schedule and hours weekly without any notice or concern of your appointments. Drivers left to fend for self in field if its after hours. Management comes and goes as they please leaving no one in office to assist if needed.
Keep looking stay away
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 26, 2018
Picking up dirty medical waste, dropping off clean boxes. Learned the more you do the more they expect. Management needs help, culture supposedly is family orientated in fact it is A LOT of favoritism. Used to be a great place until a GPS took over routes, most of which take you down no truck routes, corporate found a way to hire non-cdl drivers for less money just terrible.
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
all different start and end times daily
Part time position, fit my schedule
Sharps Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Citrus County, FLDecember 8, 2018
I only worked as a part time Steri Tech. It fit my schedule perfectly and the payment was decent. My first and 2nd year I received raises after the yearly evaluations. After that the only thing that was consistant was the Thanksgiving and Christmas gift card to Publix. In conclusion Stericycle is an excellent company to work for.
Worst Experience Ever
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 30, 2018
I had the opportunity to be employed at this organization for a year. It was by far the worst experience ever. I received no formal training on the role or the products that my team was responsible for selling. This made it difficult to train my direct reports and sustain some consistency. There is a major gap in communication from the senior management team down to the sales reps. More often than not decision were made and the sales management team was never updated. The commission compensation was explained incorrectly during the hiring/intervewing process. I asked two Directors for a break down on how commission pay was calculated and neither of them were able to provided a clear explanation. I never received a monthly 1-1 with my director during the first 10 months of employment to discuss performance or set goals even with me requesting time be set aside for it. After some company re-alignments I started reporting to another director. I realized this guy didn't have a clue as to what he was doing and couldn't be an effective leader. Our 1-1s consisted of what he felt I was doing wrong, rather than expectation setting. There was never any coaching provided, even with me asking for it, on how to move towards meeting and exceeding my personal and team goals. Instead it created a hostile work environment., The director does a good job at cheering with the teams success, but passes the blame on their failures. In my years of sales leadership I have never seen such a poorly run company, There is absolutely no accountability in this organization. So glad to be gone from this  more... place.  less
Pros
Nobody tracks your vacations days
Cons
Nobody tracks anything
If you need a job it will do
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Des MoinesNovember 17, 2018
I applied for a route driver. The ad said non cdl. But the manager told me right away a class b is required. He said they advertise that way because truckers with a cdl dont want to work here driving a straight truck. The pay is 15 to start and 16 after obtaining a cdl. Your raise is every year at only 3 percent. He said he's never seen a raise over 5 percent. You probably won't have any days off either.
Also corporate has no idea where the place is and has multiple recruiters.
Pros
Blue cross medical insurance
Cons
Insulting raise. Dont like being lied to.
no chance for advacement
Environmental Protection Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2018
the longer you work here the worse you get treated.very poor communication between management to employees.raises are little to none till your capped out in your current position then its nothing no matter how long or hard you work. employees are not treated with any respect or value.they don't care if you leave or stay.your always "replaceable" and they let you know it. no bonuses of any kind.Christmas ect while company profits were 89.9 million last year.
Pros
benifits are fair to good.
Cons
everyrthing else
Good place to work,
Lead Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
The company has good benefits. However, company should review cost of living raises and compensation based on other competitive companies. Based on the area other companies, Stericycle should evaluate pay structure based on the region.
Benefits
Cons
Competitive pay grades
Ok company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 8, 2018
Solid Sales Company
Low morale
Friendly employees
Decent Management
Very Good Sales Training
Constant changing of comp plans yearly
No Car Package
Minimal Advancement
Positive Workplace with Transition
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Management is open to progress and holds principles to heart. The companies transformation is making large changes but trying it's best to listen to it's employees issues. Culture here is amazing!
Pros
Culture Comittee livens up workplace
Cons
Lots of uncertainty during transition
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSSeptember 24, 2018
I would have retired from Stericycle if I didn't have to relocate back to N. MS. The benefits were excellent and upper management team was very supportive. Everything except compensation was world class. If they paid Plant Managers better there would probably not be any attrition! District Manager in Memphis, TN is excellent teacher and high integrity person overall!
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Compensation
Very Physical but also very rewarding
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32810October 4, 2018
I worked in the warehouse. Had to be able to lift heavy weight and climb in and out of trailers. Also had to be okay with working with hazardous material. After a few weeks new hires were able to take a company exam to start driving the forklift. Once you are able to drive the forklift the job became easier.

After a few more months became trained in receiving orders from our Strongpak drivers. Workers begin to scan items into the system for tracking. By the time I left I was fully trained in shipping and receiving, forklift operation, and could drive Class B trucks.

The hardest part of the job was the issues with communication. At times there could be issues with management not knowing certain things going on for the day and it causing longer nights and unknown deliveries to come in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to expand my skill set and have been given the opportunity to gain plenty of experience in logistics, and leading a team.
Pros
Healthcare and vision benefits, long breaks
Cons
Miscommunication continuously changing structure and short vacation time.
Okay for a job...not a career
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2018
Great company and really great benefits if you are there for the long haul. Unfortunately do not expect a tremendous amount of support or movement as far as advancing in the company if you start in the call center. For the most part that is where you will find yourself for your career path and very difficult to work your way up and out of that environment.
Pros
Flexible time for work hours and constructive criticism.
Cons
Stuck in the job you begin with very little positive feed back, usually recognized for negative coaching
Fast paced job
Plant worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CASeptember 30, 2018
My shift was early, at four in the morning, it was a fast paced job and it was easy going if the team cooperated and shared the work load. If not, the day would turn into a heavy stressful day due to the fact that some people don't go with the intentions of working even though that's what they get paid to do, this kind of energy just brings stress because the people who'd work hard to leave would have to give the extra effort in order to be able to go home. I was one of those hard workers, people shouldn't have to carry the teams work load and then get talked down about it once they bring the same energy around. The management was poor, people would get away with hardly working and boast about it like it was something to be proud of. All in all ending the shift was the best feeling, there's nothing like being able to enjoy your day after a hard days work.
Pros
Good work out
Cons
Greedy Workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss