Stericycle Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
office environment
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 15, 2018
Very fasted pace office environment
they are a casual work environment office which is nice
working for this company I have learned new work experiences that will be helpful in the future.
Great Starter Call Center.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
This job had been the best ever. Its very layed back but it picks up with the pace. Stericycle is full of change and many people adapt well. At least i did. I love the staff its team oriented.
Productive & fun work environment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time with the company. Reason for leaving was due to relocating & searching for a better opportunity with the experience I gained during my employment here.
Support Associate I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
I work at the Tier 2 mobile support line. A typical day is assisting pickup drivers with issues pertaining to their orders. The workplace culture is very inclusive.
A good place to work with overtime
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 7, 2018
It's a good place to work as long as you find a system, work the system and collaborate well with your co-workers towards that system. It's a very physical job and you're exposed to the elements, so naturally every once in awhile, everyone "WILL" get on each other. Management does what they can but you can only do so much with what you have; Needs a full crew, both yard and drivers to combat the ever increasing workload.
Workplace culture is present and fair, just do well to keep your head up & about as workload will start to get to you overtime. The hardest part about the job is probably getting home and noticing you have to go back to work in the next 6-7 hrs. ( Overtime pay is always nice though)
Pay is ok but should have hazard pay and the most enjoyable part is the co-workers; good people.
Pros
BBQ's, free pizza on hard days, free gatorade, great place to learn Tractor trailer driving
Cons
minimal pay, intensive labor, exposure to elements
Not what I expected ... but thats good!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2018
I was very hesitant about working here at first because of the reviews, as well as what others in my city have said about working here, but honestly, I'm glad I didn't listen. I really don't have any problems working here like others have said would happen. The only thing I really didn't care for was the training period. This was the first job I've ever had where we don't shadow others to see how the job is done. Instead, we were placed in a big meeting room with everyone else that was hired, and they went over a slideshow of what event we would be working on, and how we would be doing it. Then, we would be placed in the phones and take calls right away. Thankfully, the slideshow was always available to use when taking calls, which helped me get the hang of it right away, because I was extremely nervous. Then the first day on the floor was kind of all over the place. Due to all the new people, it was hard to find a manager to help when we needed it, because they were floating around helping everyone.The calls are pretty easy though, just of course, of few customers here and there asking for things that are out of our control or things we don't deal with, so we transfer them to the correct person to help them. Its M-F 8-5, with optional overtime offered pretty much just taking calls about recalls. So to anyone thinking about working here, I would only advise don't knock it until you try it. I wouldn't let the reviews stop you, because everyone has a different experience. There are people here that have been here for YEARS and LOVE IT, and people that dread coming in everyday.  more... Your experience differs.  less
Pros
sitting down, easy calls, management helpful, relaxed environment
Cons
training, sometimes can be too slow
Stericycle
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 2, 2018
It's a fun company to work for as long as you do what's expected. Advancement is a plus if you shine you'll get noticed. There's always someone to help. Very fun and open atmosphere.
Pros
Many opportunities to advance
Cons
Takes at least a year to move up. Be patient.
Day to day
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 1, 2018
My typical day at work consist of being proactive asking the Management team if they have any projects for me so I know how to prioritize. Updating Collection reports/metrics and provide to the team. People here are amazing, they become like family and you just try to help in any way you can and going above and beyond to get the answer of what they are needing.
Good place to work,
Lead Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
The company has good benefits. However, company should review cost of living raises and compensation based on other competitive companies. Based on the area other companies, Stericycle should evaluate pay structure based on the region.
Benefits
Cons
Competitive pay grades
no chance for advacement
Environmental Protection Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2018
the longer you work here the worse you get treated.very poor communication between management to employees.raises are little to none till your capped out in your current position then its nothing no matter how long or hard you work. employees are not treated with any respect or value.they don't care if you leave or stay.your always "replaceable" and they let you know it. no bonuses of any kind.Christmas ect while company profits were 89.9 million last year.
Pros
benifits are fair to good.
Cons
everyrthing else
nice place
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2018
I was responsible for providing customers with hazardous material services that range from managing legal documents to consultancy according to the EPA regulation and most of my work included chemical lab back, medical waste segregation, and universal waste management.
I was responsible to organize my schedule, expenses, and supplies. I had over fifty accounts to manage and serve in Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, and Mississippi. I provided gaudiness and onsite training for employees who handle the waste management programs in their facilities. I was responsible to establish a relationship with responsible personnel to respond to the emergency situations and to provide guidance on compliance issues.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 25, 2018
Stericycle is a great environment to work with and the staff is friendly. The job is challenging but once you become familiar it gets a little easier. The job consists of a lot of energy because you have to be alert while working otherwise there is room for potential error.
Pros
You get to travel and see new places
Cons
The heat
Solid Place
Team Lead - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 21, 2018
Reputable company with thousands of employees. It is certainly one of the leaders in the industry. Work culture is a lot of fun. People are very easy going.
Excellent workplace
Environmental Service Tech I (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2018
Excellent workplace, environment and staff.

I learned Biohazardous safety

The workplace was a very mixed culture.

A typical day required you to focus and be attentive,
Stericycle is fantastic
Major account executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
Stericycle is a great place to work. This company is serious about their mission and are passionate about their core business. I was with them for many years and I can say it is one-of-the-best places to work and grow
Pros
great place
Cons
non
Flexability
Hospital Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2018
Positive atmosphere, working independently, Job security, great benefits, interaction with people, advancement opportunities, paid time off for vacations & personal days
Good workplace.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJuly 18, 2018
Good overall workplace. Usually accommodating. Steady paced God management. But it only takes one bad erg to spoil a good thing... if everyone can't work well together it makes for a difficult day for all.
Stericycle
Emergency Dispatcher/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  11330 Olive BlvdJuly 17, 2018
Protect Your Business with Safe, Reliable Medical Waste Disposal. Get a Quote! Easy Mail-back Solutions. Easy Scheduling. The Industry Leader. Compliance Experts. Online Customer Portal. Nationwide Service.
Pros
Helping customers
too strict
sharps service (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 17, 2018
they will be extremely rude and moan over the smallest things they cant get it through teir heads that they need to be a little more considerate of their employees
Relaxed enviroment
Call expert (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MEJuly 17, 2018
Handles high volume of calls, dealing with patient questions and scheduling of appointments. Also makes calls to customers to remind them of payments due. Uses multiple computer screens to process information. Performance in professionalism, phone courtesy and confidentiality are monitored and graded daily.
Pros
Easy
Cons
High call volumes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss