Stericycle Employee Reviews

Good place to work and lots of chancescto advabce
Plantworker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2018
Love working here. Pay is good but can be great. Can allow more breaks in the summer months. Need to focus on keeping staff hsppy, safe, and well compensated.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
More breaks, better pay
Watch for the bait and switch
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
They love younger workers who lack knowledge and experience. The manager is a closet homosexual with persistent advances. "Work smart not hard" is the motto of many though the plant deals with unregulated medical waste. Place smells like oven cooked death and they do not pay enough nor protect workers enough. If you are a young bonehead, older jailbird, or otherwise dumb and messy individual this job is for you. If you like to be treated with respect and compensated well for carrying out an extremely dirty job look elsewhere.
Pros
They pay you to work
Cons
They do not pay enough; management is poor and creepy.
Too low
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  No specificOctober 13, 2018
The unbalance between work and compensation. Is unfear.
No a safe place to work.
Lack of communication.
Lack of standardization.
Senior Management lack of communication
Training
It was a good place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Stroud, OKOctober 13, 2018
This is a good company to qork for it ia fast pace and really easy all u have to really worry about is the smell of thw bio beinf thrown away other thwn that a good place of work
stressfull and unpredictable on a daily basis
lead incinerator operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILOctober 12, 2018
You never knew from one day to the next if your crew was going to show up, due to very high turn over rate, 90 percent of time ran crew short handed. Never saw management out on floor, or communicating with plant workers.
Constant change in upper management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAOctober 9, 2018
The issues with Stericycle, Inc. start at the top. While being employed with Stericycle for 3 years, I had 6 different bosses rotate throughout our facility in McKeesport. Being a medical waste facility ran by a paper shredding company made for inconsistencies on regular basis. Not receiving a raise or bonus in 3 years while showing that I was able to show massive cost savings was a big reason for leaving.
Pros
The employees I supervised (33)
Cons
Lack of communciation from management
Great Starter Job
Large and Small Quantity Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 8, 2018
Great job for a new truck driver who does not want to go over the road. This is not a drop and hook job, it is very physical. In my opinion the pay does not equal up to the work. The schedule is lovely though. Sunday night till about 11am Thursday morning.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay and work load
Very Physical but also very rewarding
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32810October 4, 2018
I worked in the warehouse. Had to be able to lift heavy weight and climb in and out of trailers. Also had to be okay with working with hazardous material. After a few weeks new hires were able to take a company exam to start driving the forklift. Once you are able to drive the forklift the job became easier.

After a few more months became trained in receiving orders from our Strongpak drivers. Workers begin to scan items into the system for tracking. By the time I left I was fully trained in shipping and receiving, forklift operation, and could drive Class B trucks.

The hardest part of the job was the issues with communication. At times there could be issues with management not knowing certain things going on for the day and it causing longer nights and unknown deliveries to come in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to expand my skill set and have been given the opportunity to gain plenty of experience in logistics, and leading a team.
Pros
Healthcare and vision benefits, long breaks
Cons
Miscommunication continuously changing structure and short vacation time.
Fast paced job
Plant worker (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CASeptember 30, 2018
My shift was early, at four in the morning, it was a fast paced job and it was easy going if the team cooperated and shared the work load. If not, the day would turn into a heavy stressful day due to the fact that some people don't go with the intentions of working even though that's what they get paid to do, this kind of energy just brings stress because the people who'd work hard to leave would have to give the extra effort in order to be able to go home. I was one of those hard workers, people shouldn't have to carry the teams work load and then get talked down about it once they bring the same energy around. The management was poor, people would get away with hardly working and boast about it like it was something to be proud of. All in all ending the shift was the best feeling, there's nothing like being able to enjoy your day after a hard days work.
Pros
Good work out
Cons
Greedy Workers
Was treated different bring a female driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYSeptember 27, 2018
My co workers were great but the managers were very unethical. I could do the same as the guys but told me I was not and my log books and paperwork showed different but still wasn't good enough for them. Seen how they treat some of the plant workers and many would quit. We were always short handed in transportation and plant.
Pros
Walking out the door to leave
Cons
Stop for lunch and u were told not to waste time
My duties
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Good place to work, had 4 direct reports. Managed tier 1 helpdesk and tier 2 desktop analyst. Meetings, good work environment. Work environment was good until new management and reorganization. Went downhill from there. Nothing was hard about job, most enjoyable part is working with a great team and getting things done with no drama.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSSeptember 24, 2018
I would have retired from Stericycle if I didn't have to relocate back to N. MS. The benefits were excellent and upper management team was very supportive. Everything except compensation was world class. If they paid Plant Managers better there would probably not be any attrition! District Manager in Memphis, TN is excellent teacher and high integrity person overall!
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Compensation
Not good
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Incompetent management. Too many acquisitions to standardize. Confusion across all units. No one has a clue and they allow incompetent and lazy employees to remain.
VERY micromanaged, not fun
Senior Patient Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Used to care about its employees but not anymore. We were first before customers. Too busy expecting perfection. More concerned about stats than people and customer service. You are not allowed to make mistakes at all. Even if you catch it, it will still counts against you. Paid for one job but expected to do 2. Things that are beyond your control count against you.
Pros
$, make sure you get breaks and lunches
Cons
Everything counts against you, micromanaged
very good
Sharps Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
It was a good job was fun,met a lot of nice people I enjoyed changing out the needle boxes through out the hospital but my shoulder was acting up and could not do it anymore was very fast pace and u had to be there very ealry in the morning to service all the o.rs to make sure all there containers were empty...
I have improved my skills as a Director that position to be successful in future Director and VP roles.
Director (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 21, 2018
My typical work day is intended to be fairly structured but, given it's an operations role, I always have to be flexible. People stop by my office and I'll walk onto the call center floor multiple times per day. Sometimes I do this to have a casual conversation or to ask people for their insights if I've heard of an issue.

What I enjoy about this type of role is the variety of areas in which I get involved. This could include: process, results analysis, technology, personnel, etc. Every day is interesting and, often, challenging. I consider myself a strong people manager and am able to engage my team to drive results and help them grow.

The best part of my job is being close to the customer and seeing people grow in their careers. The hardest part is handling difficult personnel decisions but this is a necessary part of the job.
Pros
Complexity and variety of challenges and solutions.
Cons
The biggest challenge with my current job is the commute from Naperville to Northbrook.
Overall Good Company
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2018
My department was closed but they company is good as long as you work!
Culture fun, Team Work, And Supportive!
Great Benefits, PTO, Discounts, and understanding managers!
Benefits
Cons
My department closed
Great environment
N. Richland Hills, Tx Legal Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Richland Hills, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Answering calls and helping clients with their issue was changing and helpful to them by providing the right sources such as lawyers to assist them properly.
Relaxed environment
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and reminding patients of appointments after regular dr. office hours
- Accepting payments for medical bill before they are sent to collections
Enjoyed the relaxed environment
managment was very poor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2018
work place was very nice but managment sucks.a typical day was at least 10 hours.thehardest part of the job was getting to work to find out that you,the driver still had to load your own truck even tho it wasnt the drivers responsability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stericycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.