Sterigenics Employee Reviews

It was a fun workplace and I enjoy working there
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 28, 2019
The supervisor general manager was excellent teaching and training me my job tasks everyday to excel and being productive benefits was excellent had different tasks everyday it was a medical business always taken good test good reviews I would recommend anybody to work there
Pros
Good lunch hours break hours
Cons
Need more overtime
All about investors and could care less about the employees
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 22, 2019
The company has fallen behind the times when it comes to pay, benefits, and overall management. Unorganized when it comes to day to day operations. Zero follow through. Double work is the norm around there.
High stress, little care for the employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salem, NJJanuary 11, 2019
This company does little to celebrate or even acknowledge individual successes, while going out of their way to find and punish failures. The pay is decent, and benefits are okay, but the management is much too quick to tear down an employee for a mistake while offering a very loose and poor training program.
Long hours without regard to personal life
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 18, 2018
Always watch your back and trust no one. Expect employees to work a lot of hours with little to no concern about personal life or family. Many come and go due to little pay and bad environment due to management.
Great Company
Regional Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 20, 2018
Very progressive, open minded and forward thinking company. Employee empowerment and open door policy always prevalent. Knowledgeable management and dedicated employees.
not very efficient
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILOctober 26, 2018
I learned that a typical day would consist of doing preventative maintenance with my team. The first week of work was just them explaining certain equipment. I felt as if the entire time working there they were not helpful. They made me fill in data to the computer and acted as if I was there janitor. Everything I had learned there was from my own research.
Stressful environment more often than not.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NY 12801September 27, 2018
The company has changed ownership and several employees are seeking other employment. Benefits were cut and long term employees are getting let go. The culture has changed and the company is focused on world wide growth and not what made them so powerful.
Pros
Never ending work
Cons
24/7 operation with benefits decreasing
Excellent employer
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 5, 2018
No career advancement available at our location. I need to stay near or located in Bolingbrook, IL due to single mom with children in daycare. Excellent benefits.
Lol
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 28, 2018
Good people to work with ,
bad management no support for shift supervisors
lots of favratisom.
Lots of free lunch for front office and not workers
Pros
Lots of free lunch if you work up in front office
Cons
No support for working supervisor, Management not wanting to be bothered wi th problems, Safety first l ol yeah ok, Lots of hush hush
Use it for what its worth
Validations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 10, 2018
The culture was horrible. Alot of turnover has created a negative/non-helpful stigma towards new employees. Even the admins in front will give you attitude if you ask a basic question.

The management turns over quite often, usually after failed inspections with faulty equipment being the underlying problem.

You're asking a factory built in the 70's to keep up to 2018 standards and volume. Use this job to get your foot in the job in the pharma/medical device industry and move on.
Pros
donuts for days
Cons
dangerous work environment/equipment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2018
Good place to work. Very friendly always positive attmosphere. People always willing to help out good team atmosphere. Job advancement in this company is good there.
Pros
Friendly very positive
Cons
Salary coukd be better. Distance fro my residence
Overall Disappointing experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 20, 2018
The actual job is challenging and interesting. I enjoyed my work the entire time i was there. However, it is the overall management that continues to drive employees away. Lack of empathy towards its employees and overwhelming favoritism sticks out of this otherwise great company. HR does nothing, despite being called numerous times and in person interviews, for this i am disappointed.
Pros
401K benefits.
Hard work but great
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 7, 2018
Always have to be sure what your doing its a job where you cant play or mess around but the always have work alot of overtime and for me that was actually the best part
management
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2017
on a regular workday they don't look at your good doing, management don't know anything. to much favoritism, very stressful. I work so hard and they don't appreciate you
Pros
hours
Cons
health benefits
great benefits good overtime
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 17, 2017
Overall decent place to work with 40 hours a week guaranteed. Perfection is required so you will carry stress around. very little home/work balance due too mandatory 12 hour shifts.
Pros
pay, benefits, hours
Cons
stress
Sterigenics
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westerville OhOctober 27, 2017
I worked for the company for almost 30 years, it was hard to get promoted unless you had a degree, I did have a Supervisor position but the upper management did not let you make the decision that needed to be make. It was a dangerous place to work if the employees did not take the time and do their job right. We worked with radiation alot. Management not backing you up or just sitting in their office and not caring what was going on out on the floor.
Pros
Income
Cons
No management backup
Great Oppurtunity
Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury, NYOctober 21, 2017
Sterigenics is a medical device sterilization company that uses ethylene oxide to sterilize its incoming product. Very stressful, and fast paced company to work for, but is a great oppurutity for someone wanting to advance through a company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
ethylene oxide
Productive job with minimal advancement
Assistant Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 10, 2017
A decent place of employment, however looking for something with much better advancement. Benefits are decent but could be even better. Hot working conditions during the summer months. Gas mask is required to be worn due to working in sterile environment. As an operator, I am required to work a twelve hour shift.
productive and FUN!!!!
Material Handler Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 16, 2017
Best place to work!!! work 12 hr days 4 days a week while working weekends-- then the following week is a short 3 day week, with weekend off, Bosses were great, family atmosphere.
Pros
every other weekend you had off Fri-Sat-Sun
Cons
12 hour days, but you are already there, so you might as well stay
good place to work at
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJuly 23, 2017
steady employment
good pay
good benefits
their is always work to do
vacation and sick time is good
very friendly staff
the people that work there are very nice