Sterigenics Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 5, 2018
No career advancement available at our location. I need to stay near or located in Bolingbrook, IL due to single mom with children in daycare. Excellent benefits.
Lol
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 28, 2018
Good people to work with ,
bad management no support for shift supervisors
lots of favratisom.
Lots of free lunch for front office and not workers
Pros
Lots of free lunch if you work up in front office
Cons
No support for working supervisor, Management not wanting to be bothered wi th problems, Safety first l ol yeah ok, Lots of hush hush
Use it for what its worth
Validations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 10, 2018
The culture was horrible. Alot of turnover has created a negative/non-helpful stigma towards new employees. Even the admins in front will give you attitude if you ask a basic question.

The management turns over quite often, usually after failed inspections with faulty equipment being the underlying problem.

You're asking a factory built in the 70's to keep up to 2018 standards and volume. Use this job to get your foot in the job in the pharma/medical device industry and move on.
Pros
donuts for days
Cons
dangerous work environment/equipment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2018
Good place to work. Very friendly always positive attmosphere. People always willing to help out good team atmosphere. Job advancement in this company is good there.
Pros
Friendly very positive
Cons
Salary coukd be better. Distance fro my residence
Overall Disappointing experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 20, 2018
The actual job is challenging and interesting. I enjoyed my work the entire time i was there. However, it is the overall management that continues to drive employees away. Lack of empathy towards its employees and overwhelming favoritism sticks out of this otherwise great company. HR does nothing, despite being called numerous times and in person interviews, for this i am disappointed.
Pros
401K benefits.
Great Oppurtunity
Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury, NYOctober 21, 2017
Sterigenics is a medical device sterilization company that uses ethylene oxide to sterilize its incoming product. Very stressful, and fast paced company to work for, but is a great oppurutity for someone wanting to advance through a company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
ethylene oxide
productive and FUN!!!!
Material Handler Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 16, 2017
Best place to work!!! work 12 hr days 4 days a week while working weekends-- then the following week is a short 3 day week, with weekend off, Bosses were great, family atmosphere.
Pros
every other weekend you had off Fri-Sat-Sun
Cons
12 hour days, but you are already there, so you might as well stay
greaet and fun
Customer Service/Product sales/Computer data entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
good job good people. the work was a little hard but with the right team around you it wasn't bad at all. I really enjoyed my time working there and would work there again.
Pros
good people
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
Typical day at Sterigencis for me starts with me reviewing paper work for customers loads for releasing, Then I would release the loads for shipping back to customers.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Working with dangerous gases
Unfair Practice
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 6, 2017
There is favoritism in the workplace and they constantly require you to do overtime. A lot of heresayers and the management believes them. Plant supervisor is incapable of doing his job
Pros
401k, salary
Cons
No lunch break, overtime
It would be stable work if your hired
Warehouse/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 24, 2017
It wasn't hard work, just long hours. The scheduling was hard but like every job they have favorites. No opportunities to move up.
good company to work for
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Good place to work at
benefits are also good plenty of overtime
they sterilize medical devices for the hospitals
and the product is shipped all over the world
Pros
pay
Cons
odd shifts
long days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Get in at 10:00 a.m. Go straight to work on unloading totes and putting product on wood pallets. Using specific instructions per customers order. Coworkers were good. But after 12 hrs with each other you start to get on each others nerves. The hardest part of the jobs was dealing with coworkers while unloading product frequently. I enjoyed the hard work and my boss.
Pros
free lunches
Would work here again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Great company with few issues with staff or management. Family type culture with understanding of individual needs. Everyone was a team player.
It was a nice place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Haw River, NCOctober 16, 2016
The job was new to me. It wasn't working with steel so it was a learning process. People seemed to like it there since there was hardly any turn over.
Through my career I have been fortunate to work with exceptional individuals in the field of maintenance sharing experiences and knowlege.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook IL.October 8, 2016
Begin with morning safety meeting. briefly go over the days tasks and materials required to do the job. Communicate closely with Operations to ensure optimum equipment availability.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Extreem amount of meetings.
Very disappointing experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Management does not encourage new ideas or ideas that do not come from them. Many promises made during interview that were the complete opposite in reality. Managers not on same page so received conflicting information and instructions. No performance evaluation given after being there over a year. No encouragement or thank you's given for increasing production or for many hours spent working evenings and weekends. The hardest part of the job was going in knowing that even though you are a Supervisor it is in name only...knowing that anything you recommend will be disregarded. Also was difficult working for people who did not value my opinion even though I had over 20 years experience in that field. Being constantly micromanaged and undermined was a very big issue. The most unprofessional place I have ever worked!
Pros
Good benefits; many good employees in production
Cons
Job was very different than I was led to believe during interview, Micro-managed, Very resistant to new ideas, No support
Good for start out career
Shift Leader / Cell Operator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 29, 2016
Needs better structure from top to bottom. The plant I worked at for 4 years was coasting by at the top while the lower tier workers reaped the benefits in OT and etc...

A typical shift is about 13 hours long working physically 6-7 and mentally about the same.
Pros
Overtime and raises annually
Cons
starting rates are lower than the comparible positions.
Nice environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMay 27, 2016
Load/Unload Trucks everyday i also help co workers with job duties. Operate forlift safely throughout the warehouse. I enjoy staying busy the entire shift.
Bad place to work for constantly threatening to fire me
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 28, 2016
When i used to work at this company management was always harassing/threatening people on how pretty soon they were going to be gone and it was the worst experience that I have had with any company.