Sterilite Corporation Employee Reviews

Long shifts
Inspector/Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 11, 2018
The shifts were very long but the off days were great. The pay was amazing you were paid every week with every other weekend off. My co-workers were also great.
Hated it hotttt
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 9, 2018
They try to make u quit an they don't train you they just having you bouncing from press 18 an 12 an 11 78 just dumb they gave me 1 day I started on fri an by that Monday I was supposed to be a pro
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hott stressful no smoke NEVER LEAVE THE BUILDING PERIOD
Productive enjoyable enjoy working there
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCNovember 5, 2018
I have been working at Sterilite for 13 years it haven't been easy I have my good days and bad days. I have managed to stay and work with a positive attitude that is what gets me through the years.
Pros
Great benifits and have days off
Cons
Short breaks and hot in summer time
It’s a job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 26, 2018
It’s a job. What can I say it’s just a job. What I did enjoy buster allied is that there is opportunity to make this a career if you are going to like warehouse jobs they are in list possibilities to move up in this working environment
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No schedule time off available
Productive environment designed to help you grow
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of inspecting my fork truck then being assigned to a team to start order picking to push our products out as quickly and efficiently as possible. I learned how to multi task a lot better and also how to be a better role model for those coming in after me. the management was great. Very strict very straight laced, but as long as you did your job and you did it well they would stay off your back. The workplace culture was very diverse and therefore very fun. The hardest part of my job was having to constantly train new people as the job does have a very high turn over rate. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was the freedom of driving through the warehouse to accomplish my daily goals.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Camaraderie
Cons
Sometimes its very hot with little to no relief
Money was good
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCOctober 11, 2018
Money was good I put in almost fourteen years I even had a fairly easy job I just dont agree with the way the new managment are running things now they run it like a prison and they dont have respect or compassion for there workers
Pros
Money was good ok benefits
Cons
No respect or compassion for workers
Productive working place
Packing/ Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 10, 2018
A Easy Working place but also too hot, it’s an very productive environment and everything is hands on and easy to learn, they have a very good pay rate
Machine Operator
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXOctober 4, 2018
Inspect/ Pack Products labeling, and clean area. Wasn't able to leave building out of the full 12 hour work day. Could not have visiters. Was Hot environment.
Love it
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu, AZOctober 3, 2018
It's one of the best place to work good people . Plenty of Opportunity good pay and Benefits I would recommend this job to everyone it's a big and strong business and still growing
A okay job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 24, 2018
The job is easy but its the weight of the plastics that are a problem. And the manager can be rude sometimes, but you just have to stay on her right side.
Pros
Pay
Cons
weight
Dont do it unless you love heat, and not being trained properly
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OhioSeptember 18, 2018
Quick pace. Extreme heat. Floor person was stuck on herself, and had no people skills. One person was polite. The rest just acted like tough guys, or ignored work. The guy training me spent more time wandering off, talking to women, than actually explaining things to me. Just an absolutely horrible experience. And being a temp did not help matters any. And the pay was not equal to the heat and fast pace.
Pros
Bathroom was extremely cold
Cons
Heat, attitudes, lack off training, pay for amount you have to deal with.
Fast-paced, hot, only for those who can handle stressful work
Package Inspector (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 12, 2018
While the employers and employees I worked with were very nice and helpful and a joy to interact with, the work environment was not that great to be in. Working the late-night shift was more manageable for a night owl like myself, but the cooler outside temperature did not help at all.

Some of the presses can be overwhelming and difficult while others easy and manageable and less taxing on the body and mind. The temperature is always very warm and constant hydration and freshening up in the bathrooms on breaks is a must. You need to also keep a sharp eye out for oil spills or anything that could cause slippage or injuries, such as what happened when I had to lift a rather heavy box (that felt more than 50 lbs) of parts on one of the presses, leaving a long cut on my leg that fortunately healed well over the next few weeks. While that was partially my fault for not noticing the spill, I think a better job could have been done about it in the first place.

This is a job more suited for those who can handle hard-labor work under pressure and be fast enough to keep up with parts that come out of the presses every few seconds as well as be able to handle the hot temperatures.
Pros
Great pay, paid breaks, friendly people
Cons
Hot environment, fast-paced, standing most of the time
Dependable
Packer and Shipper unloader (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXSeptember 10, 2018
All round job great supervision fast pack work fun place to work for. Cultures of the job was they show no discrimination control climate work environment
Pros
Profesional efficient and dependable
Cons
Great attitude
Cut throat and lack of responsibility
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 9, 2018
Sterilite use to be a great place to until management changed ived worked there almost 13 years and this is the worse it ever been . I need a new challenge
Pros
Great pay and you meet some great people .
Cons
Lack leadership, accountability, system
Good Money
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2018
If you stay focus and not dwell on the time your hours will fly by. Also when you get paid it's all worth it. The money was my motivation to get up every night and punch their clock.
Productive and fun place to work
Labor and Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 28, 2018
This is a very fast paced environment i could hardly keep up. The shifts are very long and the work physically taxing especially considering there is only one break in 12 hours and you cannot smoke either.
Pros
Good pay and lot of overtime
Cons
physically exhausting no air conditioner
cool place
Packer duties (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MA 01469August 27, 2018
Sterilite is a good place to work.I used to load the trucks and sometimes label the merchandise for the holiday season.During downtime I cleaned up area
Pros
breaks
Cons
dusty warehouse
Machine Operator/ Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 20, 2018
I worked 12 hour shifts doing machine operation and various custodial work. While I enjoyed my years working there, I would recommend that the there be more direct access to upper management to express concerns.
Good company but there was poor management, and there were many unfair practices.
Consumer Support Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MA 01469August 18, 2018
Sterilite is a great company overall, but some managers were not. I enjoyed working there most days, was proud of the product and handled my position well. Over time it began to get too demanding and hectic, and our supervisor did not distribute work appropriately nor did she assist in a timely manner. She was contradictory to her own direction frequently and created chaos often times for our entire department. She would change her instructions regularly, as if she was "winging it" day to day. She was under a lot of pressure but handled it very poorly.
Pros
Great coworkers, great family executives, and quality products I was proud to represent.
Cons
Poor management and unfair practices.
it's a great place to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAAugust 15, 2018
It's a great place to work for
Supervisor is really easy going
Workers are really nice
Clean work place
Great environment
Learn alot of stuff from there