Steris Employee Reviews

Hostile environment and disorganized company
Instrument Tech (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 9, 2018
Hostile supervisor that lied constantly, communication between managers was always complete opposite, rarely got paid on time (once was 10 days late), HR is disorganized and rude, could never get clear instructions on day to day job duties.
Pros
good pay, hospital workers were nice
Cons
being lied to, getting in trouble from following instructions, hostile environment with little care for change
Good and productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work it was fun and u always learn something new and u can have the opportunity to move up and learn different things I loved it I wish I was still there and it was close to home overall steris is a great place to work
Pros
Able to get free lunch and other things
Cons
Breaks could be longer
Do not work there
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 22, 2018
Do not work here because they will use you for your hard work and the upper managers will take all credits. They will just use you and abuse you. And the harder you work there is no advancement you will get. you will be at your same spot and they will just make you do more work . yearly raises is not that much less than 2%. If I was you I will find a better job then work here.
great place to work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Steris was awesome! I really loved working there. It was clean and very easy to learn the job. Your day was never boring. you always had something to keep you busy.
Pros
hours. 6am to 330pm.
Cons
handling liquid acid
Fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Great company with excellent benefits. Everyday is different with multiple challenges that push you to perform at you very best. This is a great company to work for.
Very Poor Contract with Sterilmed
NA (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 5, 2018
Company is in quality remediation due to very poor quality systems. Contract with SterilMed is ending at the end of 2018. Product quality is questionable at times.
Hot Garbage
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 28, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for hands down! Worst management ever. If you like to be treated like you aren't human-work here! I can go on and on about the employees and management but you WILL find out for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Decent place to work
Surgical Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The work takes skill and isn't easily mastered. The people are friendly and there is good management. I have had good hands on training and do enjoy the challenges presented with the work I do.
Corporate america
Slave (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Management is bad but thats the same everywhere you go. Everything is bad if your not white. I do the same work as my white co worker but he got started at a higher pay rate. I went home sick once and the next day I get a scolding from HR. While this one white co worker can't even show up to work on time at least once a week and he gets a promotion.
Pros
Cons
The culture of corporate America.
Terrible Management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 30, 2017
Management will write you up on heresay, not proof. You have to be part of the "good 'ol boys" club to advance in the company! People at STERIS need to "clean out their own back yard before going into someone else's backyard". STERIS employees are notorious for doing something unsafe, for example, and then turning around and calling someone else out on an unsafe act! BOGUS!!!
Pros
Free lunches every now and then.
Cons
Management is horrible, to say the least!
Great company
Warehouse Linesman (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYDecember 12, 2017
This is a great company to work for it was all about teamwork and communication. This company knew how to make the work environment less stressful for the employees with the flexible hours.
Terrible place to work
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 27, 2017
They were not able to manage the company well and really falling under with FDA regulations. They were consistently trying to fix things, but had no way to fix them when they weren't willing to actually punish the problem at hand.
Shady co-workers and limited bathroom breaks
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 3, 2017
The second shift hours leave little time for anything especially with mandatory overtime. Employees can not be trusted! You must constantly be looking over your shoulder and if privately talking stop or things will get twisted.
Pros
Benefits and pay are decent.
Cons
Hours suck (12pm-8:30pm, 10am on OT days 7am if OT on Sat.). People are petty, turn over is extremely high.
A great place to grow your career
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Cooper City, FLOctober 24, 2017
I have seen entry level motivated people start here and advance their career exponentially.

It is a very family oriented workplace and there are many examples of multiple generational family members working there.
Great Job!
Desktop Technician - IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 24, 2017
I was a contractor for them the last 2 years, but it was a great place to work. I would recommend Steris to anyone that wants to learn new IT skills.
Sounds like a great job, find out for yourself
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 17, 2017
Management is awful. How they treat their employees in the work place is the worst I've ever seen, feel overworked with no satisfaction. Favoritism. Turnover rate is at all time low, temporaries (on avg) quit their first week or within 10 days.
Pros
Benefits, PTO given (once hired in), local
Cons
Management, hours worked, wage, zero flexibility, the way you're treated
Was a great place
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
Prior to being sun off from Merck this was one of the best Organizations in the area to work for. After 3 new owners it went a little crazy and the format change ruined a lot of lives.
not a healthy work place to work not worth it
Gamma operator, material handler, ETO operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2017
This is a bad company pay is very low too micro manage not enough pay long hours working annually raises are a joke! Too much favortism Human Resources doesn't care about there employees they are there to help employer.
Pros
Adequate breaks
Cons
A lot work
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
I was hired as a temporary hire, so there was no job advancement for myself, but I heard of others being cross trained and other career advancements. Great company to work for!
Management stinks
No comment (Former Employee) –  No commentJuly 11, 2017
Steris does not value their employees. And if you are an employee that's been there 20 years or more, they start using bullying tactics to get rid of you. Or if you make too much money, which in most other companies you would not be making much money by their standards. They promote a cut throat atmosphere. Only care about numbers, not people. Dishonest management. Lack of opportunities for advancement for employees.
Pros
Clean working environment, tuition reimbursement, free coffee
Cons
Management is awful, do not promote from within. Too much overtime