Steris Employee Reviews

tough place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 14, 2019
difficult job with no support from above. may be a nice place to work inside of the home office but field positions are extremely stressful with no reward
World Class R&D
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 11, 2019
I learned so much from the engineers and about world class quality in healthcare products. No other job has compared to working at Steris and the great people who work there.
Pros
job diversity
Cons
Moved out of town
no loyalty
Team Leader/Final Assembly Final Test (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 11, 2019
I was with Steris for 5 years and laid off before people who were there for only 1 to 2 years. They showed no loyalty to those that were with them during restructuring and buying multiple other companies.
stress
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 4, 2019
stress and never know if u have to go do others work because there to slow to do there own work with no one to back you up. you start to fear the phone.
Depressing place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Pagedale, MOJanuary 1, 2019
Was sent there as a temp with the possibility for direct hire. During orientation on the first day I asked the H.R. about the possibility of getting of getting hired in the future should they feel like I was the kind of person the company was looking for. She replied by asking me who told me that I could have a chance to be a direct hire. I told her that it was the temp agency. She said that they should never have told me that because it was not true. Found out later that there was a possible strike looming abound the union workers.
Pros
Cons
Cannot say because I was not a full time employee. I had thirty days of temp employment.
All that glitters is not gold
education training (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 19, 2018
I was hired August 19 and released September 27 of the same year. I followed all the rules and came in early left late. They poorly trained me and did not give me an opportunity to improve and do better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
lies they told basically everything
No career advancment oppertunities.
Production Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2018
Alot of false promises. Say they care about the employees and their families but show otherwise. Under new management and they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Moral in the workplace is very low. Most employees are actively looking for a new job.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Very high demands for little pay. No holiday time off.
poor management
TIG Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 9, 2018
One of the worst managed companies I have worked for. people in management positions that shouldn't be there. Management has no clue on what happens or how to run the company. very dishonest management. too much overtime. Leads going out at lunch break getting high only to be told by management to spray febreze on themselves. Leads and senior welders standing around and watching everyone else do the work.
Cons
poor management, stress
Fsr
Field Service Representative (FSR) (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 5, 2018
As a field service representative a lot of travel was required to reach customers I was given. I was driving 2-3 hours per day and never knew if I would get home on time or not due to the demands of the customer or commute times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too much traveling
Great Company and Future
Sr. Biomed Technician/Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 5, 2018
This is one of the few companies that "Really Values" their employee's. They take care of the employees needs and concerns, strengthen the importance of their career and helps to guide people to their best capability.

With the strong Company Employee Involvement, it transfer that care to the Customer.

Steris Corporation was a delight to work for.
Pros
Overall Great Company
Cons
With new expansion the company has gotten negative environment
Great learning opportunities
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2018
Steris strives for excellence.. Plenty of room for growth and advancements.. Steris is growing exponentially and needs a quality team to grow with it.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lower salaries
Work Environment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
- A typical day at work is very challenging
- Learned multi-layered department approach
- Management could benefit from Advanced Training
- Gaining buy-in from Management
- Customer interaction
management played favorites; strived for employee perfection not managnent perfection.
Sterile Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2018
I believe we teach by example if you want perfection we must be the example of perfection. I don't lie about or manipulate my numbers to favor my team. Although each person and situation has variables as much as possible each person and situation should be treated as close the same as possible. Favoritism is ramped in this workarea.I have worked in every major hospital In this market and what a disappointment. If you kiss hind in and belong to the right group you will be a good fit
Pros
good teammates, you actually get your breaks.
Cons
poor, non knowledgable managment That lie.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 15, 2018
Great company. Great people. Great culture. STERIS offers excellent product quality and customer service, along with flexible work hours and autonomy. .
Pros
Great people and culture. Excellent products.
Cons
Poor career advancement and counseling options.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2018
A great learning opportunity. Many different departments. Has a lot to offer. Ability to work with people from many backgrounds companies and coumtries
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Many divisions
Steris is an excellent place to work.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 12, 2018
Typical warehouse work. Much of which is repetitive. Excellent production and plant management. Great culture and on going improvement implementation.
Pros
Excellent culture and management.
Cons
No stock options. Average to sub-par compensation rates.
Major work in-progress
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Point RichmondNovember 9, 2018
If it wasn’t for outside help this place would go up in flames. Some coworkers are nice and helpful and actually show up to work, while others are there to behave like big kids. Can’t trust management to give the necessary information so you can do your job currently. No training of any kind “Good luck” is the best way to describe this place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management and bad culture
Steris company
Liason (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2018
The company has poor management, and unethical practices. They do not treat there employees with respect and dignity, demand overtime from everyone ask you to give up your days off.
Production and Manufacturing
Chemical Operator and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
A typical day at Steris when I first started was on an assembly line. I soon found out there was a mixing position opening up. I bidded and was awarded the position. I had to train for 12 months and take a few tests before actually working the position. Once I passed the tests, I began mixing and making batches. This is where I learned how to mix. Management was great at Steris. They were very supportive. The workplace culture was great too. Everyone got along. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I don't think there was a hard part. Maybe learning how to mix. I enjoyed mixing and my coworkers. Great job!
Pros
mixing and coworkers
Cons
pay
Toxic place to work.
Sales Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 2, 2018
Unethical practices, and employees. Horrible training. I would never recommend this company. Very unfriendly in office area. Not encouraged to interact with other departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steris. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight