Steris Employee Reviews

nothing speacil
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 21, 2018
its a good company to work for but I can't say i enjoyed all my work and not everyone I had to work with was friendly or willing to show me the ropes
Communication was a little last minute and hard to get
Exciting every week another different hospital with different issues to solve.
Integration Specialist - Lead (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Awesome experience in the medical industry. We were responsible for installing operating room high end video equipment for the Doctors. Cutting edge environment and always challenging. Employee's held to a higher standard due to environment requirements.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
too much travel outside of Florida
I would like to to be a part of your company to help it grow also withthen myself
Masterbrand cabinets (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 17, 2018
I'm a good person to meet and have a good attitude I get alone with others an very respectful I'm a helpful person towards others when needed I do believe in (god)!!!
autonomy
Service Response Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Great for someone not built for office work, someone with technical aptitude and people skill.

company provided vehicle with unlimited personal mileage use to include spouse driving privaleges
Well known stable company
Clinical Instrument Repair Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
Steris is a great place to work. It's a well known and long standing within the medical community. A typical day at work for me is to work along side my assigned customers, and help them reach goals and improve the safety of their patients and longevity of their instrumentation. I like the fact that it's a mobile position and I get to experience different facilities and people. The workplace culture is good but it can always improve.
Pros
Great benefits, PTO(paiid time off), competitive pay
Cons
Management needs to improve communication, corporate needs to consider everyone not just the top of the totem pole
My day involved a wide range of responsibilities to management of people, transportation, Customs complance and freight management.
Transportation & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Very lean oriented and learned about the lean journey. Very demanding and required producing results in a challenging environment. Culture of respect is pretty much throughout the company. Hardest part of the job was the workload/daily demands. The most enjoyable was when an accomplishment was made it was rewarding.

After being there an extended period of time, advancement opportunities did not materialize.
Pros
Competive salary
Cons
Limited advancement, workload.
Productive place to learn
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Work consisted of doing incoming evaluations on customer equipment and quoting the equipment. Then we repair approved equipment . And finally we will QC the equipment. Always have the opportunity to learn about new processes and equipment.
Great skill to learn with opportunity to advance if skilled enough.
Clinical Instrument Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2018
It’s a great job with great benefits, but your starting pay without prior experience will be 13-14$ per hour. You can get raises once a year. You can sometimes start at 5am as a technician.
Pros
As soon as you complete the work, you can leave
Cons
Hard grueling repair work for years until you can advance
Hard working environment when there is work.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Team leans and Plant manager were always were on point and new what was going on. Supervisor never knew what was going on and played favorites with certain empolies and treated other less then.
The best team lead
Endoscopy tech (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 10, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there, despite being short staffed. Alot of walking so you got plenty of exercise. Had an excellent team lead, she was very fair.
Pros
Flexible hrs decent benefits
Cons
Pto accrual tons of broken promises had to punch in on your phone
Work/Life Balance Is A Lie!
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 2, 2018
You are told that work/life balance is important and that you can ask for help when you can't cover calls. It's not true. You are expected to drop your life and handle everything yourself. 90% of the time I asked for help, I was unable to get it. I reported a technician who wasn't doing their job, and was fired less than a month later.
Pros
Autonomy, company vehicle that you can use for personal use. Travel.
Cons
You have no home life.
Great company moving in the right direction
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2018
STERIS has acquired a few companies in the past few years and has worked to streamline processes and procedures across business units. They continue to grow and move into new business areas and markets, and create new business units in the process.
Pros
Onsite gym in Birmingham, collaborative environment, competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
Growing pains due to incorporation of processes
a well balance between work and home life.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 23, 2018
productive a ever growing company ,thats diversified and ever changing to always be in compliance with its customers needs as well as goal orientated.
Pros
they often feed the employees during special occassions
Cons
short breaks
Production
Bio Production (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 5, 2018
I make sterilization products from chemicals for Media used in processors.
I have learned how to mix chemicals for lab setting equipment. I have trained employees in work areas.
The management has not been able to advance me in skills
Clean work environment
Hardest part of the job is not getting assistance or things needed to perform work
Knowing I am helping people in hospitals
ok
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2018
Internationally known corporation with multiple divisions. Ability to effect healthcare outcomes in multiple areas. Opportunities for advancement in certain areas. Tendency to hire from outside versus promoting from within.
Growing company
Educator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
Great company for advancement for those that apply themselves. Growing company that stays involved with their accounts. Company training provided at HR in Alabama.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
High turnaround rate
20 years ago
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 26, 2018
I worked here 20 years ago. I have no idea how it has changed. The pay was terrible then, $9.00 an hour. I hope it's gone up since the late 90's. Good Luck to new applicants.
Good company, with consistent hours, satisfactory culture and pleasant work associates.
District Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 25, 2018
*consistently occupied
*excellent customer service
*manager not always availabe for advice
*cultnure Lean
*can be stressful
*pleasant environment
Pros
International Company with possibilities for relocation, good base salary with Competitive Benefits
Cons
Work environment can be stressful.
Fast paced
Assembly Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2018
Fast paced production environment. Good company benefits and decent starting pay. Company is growing and a good place to work. Overall an excellent place to work.
Tough, but rewarding
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 17, 2018
Overall, working for STERIS was a great experience. I met some great individuals and learned a lot about working for the Original Equipment Manufacturer rather than being the end user.