STERIS
62Average

STERIS Employee Reviews

United States342 reviews
Relatively small shop, and the commute to/from PT Richmond can be tough. When I first started, start tim for hourly employees was flexible within reason. The the company transitioned to point system to monitor attendance. Celebrated most holidays with lunch time parties.
Pros
Small shop everyone knows everyone. Compensation is good
Cons
Takes awhile for the benefits to kick-in
Coming into work there is a sense of the unknown, you come in not knowing exactly how a shift will go but as employees we know we will accomplish any task at hand.
Great co-workers and some good local mgmt teams. Training is very sink or swim. Very little to no involvement from mgmt on career advancement. General disconnect from corporate leadership. Compensation very stagnant for most. Diversity in workforce not displayed in leadership at all.
Pros
Job security is excellent, Ability to move around the country, Many career paths.
Cons
Very little support and training from some mgmt, Low wages, Advancement is very difficult, Systemic Bias
Upper management is toxic. They promote family and friends who are not qualified. While people who have the degree and experience is overlooked.
Very toxic hostile work environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Worked like your in a sweat shop
This place is toxic as they come. Poor management with the exception of the CI and Quality manager. It's the good'ole boy system around there. Lots of gossip and ridiculous MBO's you must get. Poor pay for a site administrator. The CEO is great. However, at a plant level it is complete garbage.The rules are different depending on who you are. If you like being lied to and promised the world only to have it pulled at from under you then this is the place for you. Most of the employees are great. Its a management and culture issue here. The best part of working here is getting off at 11am on Fridays.
Pros
Getting off at 11am on Fridays.
Cons
Low pay, Over worked, Gossip, Bad managment, Different rules for different people
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
There's no way that this company is going to help you become an asset or grow with this establishment....too many politics and prejudices. I try to enjoy my job every chance I get but the blatant biases are enough to make me walk.
Pros
Good starting wage, good benefits
Cons
Subliminal prejudices, no available opportunities for advancement for Union employees in skilled positions, company culture
Great place to work and learned a lot.
My supervisors were changed a few times but they were all very helpful.

Employees were valued.

Working hours were also very flexible as long as worked 8 hours a day.
A wonderful company that I would highly suggest. I was only here a short time, but I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the work environment in general.
The Management in the Plant is pathetic. It is a buddy buddy system and if you aren't a buddy you are just out of luck. The amount of paperwork is horrendous. You can't even get a bandaid for a scratch without filling out a report. They will make promises to you that will never be kept. The department managers have no clue of what they are doing and it is no wonder that they can't keep good people. They put more people in jobs that are not qualified for the position and then they wonder why scrap rates are so high.
I highly suggest working for this company if the opportunity comes around. They are a great company to work for! A lot of functions that include your family!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at STERIS?
Good place to learn and grow. Culture is improving. Management is improving. Stable place to work. Steady hours. Good work life balance. Warehouse work can be difficult during summer.
Manager doesn't have a clue what's going on . Everyday they have new way of doing something. Communication is truly bad and morale sucks .You have a manager who preach it's my way and only my way . Alot favoritism
This company treats everyone with respect, and share this as a core value. They understand the challenges that come with work, and seek to help create a good balance between the two.
When working for this company your just a number to fill in where they need you regardless of job title. There is no room for growth unless you the good ol boys club directors and vp are friends so they look out for each other and hire there friends, as a traveler you have no backing from the company when thing go wrong at accounts they put you in it doesn’t matter if you right
I love my job and the security Steris offers to their employees. I feel supported and appreciated by my director. Steris is an ever evolving prototype of customer satisfaction!
Was there almost 3 years. Through this time I had 8 managers and three new Directors. Started working 40 hours a week when I left that was about 55 per week. No decision makers....Low level employees were just that to management. Low level employees.
Great Training for the products give you the confidence to give excellent service to the customer. The culture of the work is individual for service worker, but you have support from engineering department, contract administrator, and other technicians.
This is a good company to work for many changes come about management can sometimes be difficult to work with. They will abruptly change your shift spir
This was my first job I got my fort cliff certification this was a very caring and loving job everyone helped each other it was more like a family that were willing to help each other if something went wrong
Pros
It was a productive job
I worked at Steris in Libertyville from 2016 to 2018. I must say this was the first job where I felt a sense of purpose. Also I felt like I was needed and valued in the company. IF the opportunity presented itself then I would be back in the company.
its a fine place to work, you have to be able to prioritize your work. get ready to drive a whole bunch. have fun. enjoy. youll be fine. i dont really know what they want me to say
Ask a question about working or interviewing at STERIS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight