Steris Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2018
A great learning opportunity. Many different departments. Has a lot to offer. Ability to work with people from many backgrounds companies and coumtries
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Many divisions
Steris is an excellent place to work.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 12, 2018
Typical warehouse work. Much of which is repetitive. Excellent production and plant management. Great culture and on going improvement implementation.
Pros
Excellent culture and management.
Cons
No stock options. Average to sub-par compensation rates.
Major work in-progress
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Point RichmondNovember 9, 2018
If it wasn’t for outside help this place would go up in flames. Some coworkers are nice and helpful and actually show up to work, while others are there to behave like big kids. Can’t trust management to give the necessary information so you can do your job currently. No training of any kind “Good luck” is the best way to describe this place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management and bad culture
Steris company
Liason (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2018
The company has poor management, and unethical practices. They do not treat there employees with respect and dignity, demand overtime from everyone ask you to give up your days off.
Production and Manufacturing
Chemical Operator and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
A typical day at Steris when I first started was on an assembly line. I soon found out there was a mixing position opening up. I bidded and was awarded the position. I had to train for 12 months and take a few tests before actually working the position. Once I passed the tests, I began mixing and making batches. This is where I learned how to mix. Management was great at Steris. They were very supportive. The workplace culture was great too. Everyone got along. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. I don't think there was a hard part. Maybe learning how to mix. I enjoyed mixing and my coworkers. Great job!
Pros
mixing and coworkers
Cons
pay
Toxic place to work.
Sales Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 2, 2018
Unethical practices, and employees. Horrible training. I would never recommend this company. Very unfriendly in office area. Not encouraged to interact with other departments.
They have no clue on what they are doing
Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 31, 2018
Management has no idea on what’s going on in the shop, no one is on the same page, they say they care about employees but really don’t, you go to them with a issue and they blow it off, there’s nothing good about this place in the slightest bit
Pros
Cons
Everything they have to offer
Great Manager
Contract Research & Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 15, 2018
Steris was an incredible place to work. I learned knew skills that I immediately applied to the job. The manager there was incredible. He taught me so many things.
Toxic culture
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 10, 2018
New perspective or thoughts from outside influences not welcome. Heavy micromanagement from the top. Hard engrained culture that is difficult to overcome. Questionable ethics occasionally surface.
Pros
Na
Cons
old culture, lack of diversity, poor employee development
A good place to work
Field service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 4, 2018
High quality surgical and infection prevention products. Job entails servicing hospital equipment. Workplace culture is focused on independence with good support
Pros
Well equipped to do the job
Not a fun place to work
Operating Room Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 4, 2018
The management is horror able. My manager has a military style leadership that nobody likes. Everything was okay until this mean and inflexible manager moved ijn and created tension in the whole workplace thereby causing confusion.
Processes learning to follow procedure with sterilization.
Central Supply Team Leader, IMS (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Overall, Steris was a great company to work for, I was able to quickly move up the chain of command with experience. When I transition out of the company for other employee opportunity I was giving all benefits and still continued to get paid until all that was earned was given. Management and interim managers brought were very professional and provided a great work place and atmosphere for employees. The hardest part of the job as a leader was to have enough staff to be able to cover a facility that does 75-100 procedures a day. This in return made it hard for leadership being short staffed.
Pros
Advancement opportunties
Cons
Lost of contracts, and having to relocate due to the contacts ending.
nothing speacil
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 21, 2018
its a good company to work for but I can't say i enjoyed all my work and not everyone I had to work with was friendly or willing to show me the ropes
Communication was a little last minute and hard to get
Exciting every week another different hospital with different issues to solve.
Integration Specialist - Lead (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Awesome experience in the medical industry. We were responsible for installing operating room high end video equipment for the Doctors. Cutting edge environment and always challenging. Employee's held to a higher standard due to environment requirements.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
too much travel outside of Florida
I would like to to be a part of your company to help it grow also withthen myself
Masterbrand cabinets (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 17, 2018
I'm a good person to meet and have a good attitude I get alone with others an very respectful I'm a helpful person towards others when needed I do believe in (god)!!!
autonomy
Service Response Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Great for someone not built for office work, someone with technical aptitude and people skill.

company provided vehicle with unlimited personal mileage use to include spouse driving privaleges
Well known stable company
Clinical Instrument Repair Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
Steris is a great place to work. It's a well known and long standing within the medical community. A typical day at work for me is to work along side my assigned customers, and help them reach goals and improve the safety of their patients and longevity of their instrumentation. I like the fact that it's a mobile position and I get to experience different facilities and people. The workplace culture is good but it can always improve.
Pros
Great benefits, PTO(paiid time off), competitive pay
Cons
Management needs to improve communication, corporate needs to consider everyone not just the top of the totem pole
Productive place to learn
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Work consisted of doing incoming evaluations on customer equipment and quoting the equipment. Then we repair approved equipment . And finally we will QC the equipment. Always have the opportunity to learn about new processes and equipment.
Great skill to learn with opportunity to advance if skilled enough.
Clinical Instrument Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2018
It’s a great job with great benefits, but your starting pay without prior experience will be 13-14$ per hour. You can get raises once a year. You can sometimes start at 5am as a technician.
Pros
As soon as you complete the work, you can leave
Cons
Hard grueling repair work for years until you can advance
Hard working environment when there is work.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Team leans and Plant manager were always were on point and new what was going on. Supervisor never knew what was going on and played favorites with certain empolies and treated other less then.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steris. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight