Sterling Engineering Employee Reviews

Great company! I would highly recommend.
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 8, 2018
I've only worked for a few companies throughout my career, but Sterling Engineering is by far my favorite employer. The management team is very down-to-earth, accessible, understanding, and easy to relate to communicate with. The benefits offered to our contract employees are second to none. There's a real family-oriented vibe throughout the office and a strong camaraderie between co-workers. The management team takes very good care of their employees and fosters and enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Great management team, fun co-workers, great company perks and career opportunities, and free food!
Cons
Work hours can get long sometimes, but if you're that busy, then it's a good thing.
Great company to work for
Analysis Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 5, 2018
I was working as Consultant/Contractor through Sterling Engineering at Electro-Motive Diesel (LaGrange, IL). The recruiter who placed me is a great person to work with. She was able to get the best billing rate for me. Highly recommend this company.
Great contract company to work for in the Chicago area.
Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 26, 2018
I am a Manufacturing Engineer, my duties are to design fixturing, tooling, and program's for an automated line of Makino CNC 5 axis mills in a large aerospace manufacturing facility called Woodward.
I work for many managers and employee's during the day problem solving there issues. The work place is very clean and friendly with great culture, The hardest part of the job is the design of part holding fixture's because they prefer them to be right the first time. My most enjoyable part of this is seeing the parts come to life after all the work is done.
Pros
Company outings and benifits
Cons
To far from home, We live in Frederick Oklahoma
Great place to work.
DEMAND ANALYST (CONTRACTOR AT EMD) (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Training is very professional. I was easily and quickly placed with a firm in my desired field. Good working conditions, even involving adverse temperature conditions.
Communicaitive
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Didn't work directly with the company. But the company was good with facilitating you with a position of your in your field. Good with communicating with you..
Pros
Sincere at finding you a career
Benefits
Great place to work and advance a career in.
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Great place to work and start and advance a career. Management is outgoing and willing to help anywhere and anytime it is needed. Everyone is hard working and willing to jump in if needed.
Pros
outside work
Cons
Hot during te summer
Not a good experience.
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 21, 2017
All about growing the company and what benefits the company. Payroll is outsourced and vacation time has to be watched for correctness. First and foremost being politically correct.
Pros
As long as your billing hours they leave you alone.
Cons
Poor support in any situation.
a very backstabing group
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 31, 2017
I believe since I did not speak polish I was an out cast, and I was replace by a managers friend. I was never told what I did wrong that could cause me to be replaced.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
if you dont speak polish your an outsider
Very rewarding work to see the end products.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at work includes sitting at a workstation in an engineering cubicle working on various projects that most generally have deadlines to meet. Projects include release of new parts, assemblies, system and application designs, design change orders, clearance studies, drawings and so on. Seeing the finished product just prior to being shipped to the customer is always a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Stress of hitting tight deadlines
Good starting point
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 5, 2017
Started here out of college. they got me a good temp position and helped get the career rolling. temp position was a great start for me and I learned a good deal at the job.
Good job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 4, 2017
Good job.. Let go due to medical accident at my home. Maintained position taking care of 40 + employees on a 40 hour work week. Mostly clerical. Would go back if offered the position again. Enjoyed working with people and customers. Everyone appreciated me with respect
Pros
nice job
Cons
insurance, benefits
Great to Work with
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 15, 2017
Sterling Engineering, is a great company to work with. They worked really hard to get me placed in a Job in my field within a week!! I usually Don't like working for Job placement companies, but they are very easy to work for and they make sure that they are on your side all the time. I can call them at anytime if I have any concerns about my position.
Secure situation given they had over 40,000 clients
Mechanical Designer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
Being a contract agency, the employees were placed remotely (or at times) worked in-house. The variety one experienced was unbeatable. Most of the time I was my own boss and answered only to the client I was serving.
Pros
Full benefits, very rewarding experience
Cons
New location every time the contract ended
Not an honest company
Locomotive Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 16, 2017
The contract job was supposed to last at least 60 days, it lasted 30 days. Get it in writing how long the contract job is and that you are guaranteed pay until then. These are not honest folks
great leads
Contract Employee, Panel Wiring (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 5, 2017
Please take down this portion of the resume building. I do not have much to say and I feel that should be acceptable. As far as Sterling Engineering, its one of the best temp agencies; if that means anything. They're assignments rarely turn out to be permanent as is the nature of the beast.
Educational on trains
Administrative Planner (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTFebruary 28, 2017
This job was very educational on learning the way trains operate and what they do on a daily basis. In this area I was in it was specifically coal trains.
Very helpful
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2016
They are very helpful and professional and make an effort to assist you with acquiring quality positions within quality companies.
I think very highly of Sterling
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 10, 2016
I think very highly of Sterling. I have worked for the company for 30 years. It has been a great place to work and they have very good benefits. I highly recommend.
very productive job and fast paced
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSAugust 25, 2016
A typical day was you started working as soon as you got on the floor, I learned the different sizes of anchors that were made through the company. I enjoyed the team of people I worked with and the hardest part of my job was standing in one place for 2 hours at a time.
Good Place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Good place to work. Very nice people and good management. They will give you every opportunity to succeed. The only issue is work/life balance, but this seems to be the norm for the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

Sterling Engineering Reviews by Location