Sterling Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Do not work here
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2018
If you take anything away from this review take away the most important aspect..do. not. work. here. They manage different properties from out of state and their properties are so awfully built that residents are constantly complaining of the structure of the buildings. Since I've worked at Sterling they've fired 4 management positions. So if you want to take a job where you're ultimately fired without any reasoning as to why then by all means apply for this place. Their benefits are also the worst..don't let them fool you. Their healthcare is an absolute joke, and their dental costs like $50.00/month for just one person.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, no work life balnce, zero recognition
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback on Indeed. The Sterling Group invites you to contact our Human Resources department directly to fully discuss your concerns. The type of environment you describe is unacceptable and not aligned with our company's values and culture. Our company values our colleagues and the work they do for us. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to investigate your experiences while on our team. We appreciate the time you invested with our company and hope you allow us to properly respond to your concerns.

Great company with lots of opportunities
Property Management (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 30, 2018
I love my job at Sterling. Fast paced. Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement. They offer strong training opportunities and provide the tools to do the job.
Pros
Training opportunities. Leadership support.
Cons
Growing pains. Some department separation.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We as a company are successful because of our colleagues and wish to provide an environment where you are able to advance in your career. We will continue to improve our services to provide an environment adaptable to change. We appreciate your feedback and for taking advantage of the opportunities with the Sterling Group!

Worst Management Company EVER!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary NCAugust 31, 2018
The VP came down and let go of a great manager just because her friend that was working there did not like the manager. If you don't kiss butt your out no matter how good of a manager you are. Real backstabbers
Pros
Cons
Upper management has no clue
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback. The Sterling Group invites you to contact our Human Resources department directly to fully discuss your concerns. The type of behavior you describe is unacceptable and not aligned with our company's values and culture. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to investigate your experiences while on our team. We appreciate the time you invested with our company and hope you allow us to properly respond to your concerns.

Would never want my children to have to work for a company like this
Leasing agent (Former Employee) –  NDAugust 13, 2018
First off they lied about the hours of operation. They text me offering me the position. Extremely unprofessional. And the interaction between the management and the residents was Unforgettable. The assistant property manager Caren, told me she was on her period on my second day there..? and that her insides were about to fall out. Wow...? Highly inappropriate and also disgusting. Not sure how that was relevant to my job training? Management treated the residents like children, and then managment would say horrible things about the residents when they left the office. Very disturbing.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Having to listen to your manager tell you that they're on their period
August 18, 2018

Worst place I've ever worked
Prefer not to say... (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 17, 2018
I worked here briefly after I graduated college. What a nightmare. They had a few temps in the Accounting department so they wouldn't have to pay them benefits, which was a red flag to me on my first day. Then I quickly realized all the managers were family or long time friends... my boss and her husband worked in the same office. They would often fight and once threw a phone on the desk in the middle of a meeting with my boss. They would bring their animals to work but no one else could. The pay was lower compared to other company's by a significant amount. The turnover was just plain embarrassing!
June 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are terribly sorry your time with us was short-lived. At Sterling, we have the privilege to work in a family-owned and operated environment. However, policies and rules are enforced and followed by all our associates. We would love to sit down and clear up any confusion you may have. We as a company are successful because of our employees and wish to provide an environment where they enjoy working. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Learning experience
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 1, 2017
I began in the office of the company for the first 3 months where I was in charge of lining up bids and speaking with contractors. I learned valuable skills one what to do and what not to do. The hardest part of working with this company was their senior leadership. I did not enjoy working with the project manager at the time, due to the fact that, he was rude to me and acted as if he did not want my help. This made it hard for me to learn, and in the end, I moved on to find a better opportunity.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We as a company are successful because of our employees and wish to provide an environment where they enjoy working. We will continue to improve our services to provide an environment where all employees are comfortable. We appreciate your time and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Love it!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 17, 2017
Nothing more to say other than I love this company and the people I work with. We're like family. The upper management is great. Extensive paid training programs. They reimburse you for whatever you have to pay out. Pay for travel and hotel expenses. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Paperwork load
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We as a company are successful because of our employees and wish to provide an environment where they enjoy working. We will continue to improve our services to provide an environment where all employees are comfortable. We appreciate your time and for choosing The Sterling Group.

Sterling Group
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Would rather not sayMarch 18, 2015
I served with excellence, taking ownership and accountability to the owners, construction and management team. I quickly learned how to take the noise away from a very new regional in the industry who was still in a learning curve, handling overall site operations streamlining trending proforma reports, pre-leased 36% before the new site office opened. However, the under staffed office lacked the work life balance making the work environment a hardship on the employees and sabotaged projected goals set in place by the owners, developers and management team. Enjoyment was the site and location, residents and leasing.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback. The Sterling Group invites you to contact our Human Resources department directly to fully discuss your concerns. We appreciate the time you invested with our company and hope you allow us to properly respond to your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3