Sterling Group Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Worst place I've ever worked
Prefer not to say... (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 17, 2018
I worked here briefly after I graduated college. What a nightmare. They had a few temps in the Accounting department so they wouldn't have to pay them benefits, which was a red flag to me on my first day. Then I quickly realized all the managers were family or long time friends... my boss and her husband worked in the same office. They would often fight and once threw a phone on the desk in the middle of a meeting with my boss. They would bring their animals to work but no one else could. The pay was lower compared to other company's by a significant amount. The turnover was just plain embarrassing!
Pros
Cons
Official response from Sterling Group
June 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are terribly sorry your time with us was short-lived. At Sterling, we have the privilege to work in a family-owned and operated environment. However, policies and rules are enforced and followed by all our associates. We would love to sit down and clear up any confusion you may have. We as a company are successful because of our employees and wish to provide an environment where they enjoy working. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Work Environment
ENVIRONMENTAL/SAFETY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Ultimate great place to work. Unfortunately our competitor bought the company and shot it down. All skills were used to make a product. Team work was important.
Executive Assistant
Executive Admin Assistant to Founder/President (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2018
Real Estate Development company very productive and fast paced, long hours - company that is steadily evolving and growing.

Would recommend to those who like the Detroit downtown atmosphere.
Learning experience
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 1, 2017
I began in the office of the company for the first 3 months where I was in charge of lining up bids and speaking with contractors. I learned valuable skills one what to do and what not to do. The hardest part of working with this company was their senior leadership. I did not enjoy working with the project manager at the time, due to the fact that, he was rude to me and acted as if he did not want my help. This made it hard for me to learn, and in the end, I moved on to find a better opportunity.
Love it!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 17, 2017
Nothing more to say other than I love this company and the people I work with. We're like family. The upper management is great. Extensive paid training programs. They reimburse you for whatever you have to pay out. Pay for travel and hotel expenses. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Paperwork load
Sterling Group
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Would rather not sayMarch 18, 2015
I served with excellence, taking ownership and accountability to the owners, construction and management team. I quickly learned how to take the noise away from a very new regional in the industry who was still in a learning curve, handling overall site operations streamlining trending proforma reports, pre-leased 36% before the new site office opened. However, the under staffed office lacked the work life balance making the work environment a hardship on the employees and sabotaged projected goals set in place by the owners, developers and management team. Enjoyment was the site and location, residents and leasing.

Want to know more about Sterling Group?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Group. Our community is ready to answer.