Sterling Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Sterling was sold to Cigna Life Ins in 2017 and no longer exist.
Senior Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 13, 2018
Sterling was sold to Cigna Life Ins in 2017 and no longer exist. But, Sterling was a wonderful place to work. Good benefits, and awesome management.
Insurance Agent
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 15, 2018
if you are a self starter this is the place for you, commission only, no real benefits, lots of cold calling for business, and you need to generate your own referrals. the commission are very good
Pros
great commision structure
Sterling moved out of Bellingham 2016
Customer Service, Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 2, 2017
Sterling was great to work for under Aon until new management took over and they began to down size I was one of the first to be laid off. In May of 2016 I believe when Cigna owned the company they finally left Bellingham.
Pros
steady income good benefits
Cons
moved out of Bellingham
a great place to work
Balance billing representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day began at 6 am and ended at 3 pm. I worked with customers to resolve medical claims. I learned how the financial and medical industry work together. Management was encouraging and helpful, until they got bought out. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part of my job was talking with providers. The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving the medical issues for the clients in a positive manor.
This was a great company to work for. Our work was transparent, we consistently met our financial and regulatory reporting goals and deadlines.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 3, 2016
I enjoyed 15 years of working with this stellar company and would continue to work for my manager until retirement if that were possible. Our financial reporting unit was an efficient team. We met or surpassed client expectations and worked together well.

The hardest part of the job is that it ended. This company no longer exists.
not worth a review
Business Recovery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 19, 2016
I have nothing to say about this company. They isolate people and it is like working in a solitude without getting contact with others. You are never trusted. What it looks like on the outside is not how it is on the inside.
Co-workers were mostly good but everyone was trapped in a very bad situation.
The commute was 2 hours plus one way.
I did not enjoy any part of this job.
Pros
Cons
too many
Great Organization
Senior Specialist, Product and Reporting (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 4, 2016
Was a great place to work. However they have been acquired by another company and are shutting down in early 2016.

The work culture was professional and at the same time laid back. My co-workers were super smart and fun to be around.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 13, 2015
This position was very interesting. I had never worked somewhere where employees were paid based on commission. I sorted mail, and processed paperwork for insurance agents selling various plans. I would order supplies and make sure the agents had what was needed for their success.
Minimal training
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 8, 2014
This was a career change for me at the time of my employment with this company. Aside from my self-study in the area of insurance to pass my insurance exam, I was given little subject training with this company. However, I continued to learn and progress and created a book of business and increase in sales.
Great company
Senior Associate- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bellingham WAMarch 17, 2014
Healthcare call center
• Handles incoming calls concerning customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one call resolution
Don't work for this company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 15, 2013
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Them management is very poor and the communications is horrible. I am pretty sure that they are setting people up at this point to fail so just watch your backs.

Also the Management plays favoritism to the ones that they like and totally looks down on the ones they don't like
Pros
time off, holiday pay
Cons
Stress, No Job Security, Really no advancement unless you want to move out of state, Management, favoritism
Do not work for this company!
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN United StatesSeptember 26, 2013
They were recently sold to WellCare in Tampa, so it's only a matter of time before everyone is laid off. All of the previous reviews of the pharmacy department are 100% accurate.
Cons
Forced to work weekends
Short term position at best, IMO
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 26, 2013
Terrible place to work, in Bellingham, WA the company has laid-off over half of its employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very poor management
Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 5, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with mostly medicare recipients and employed a thoroughly individual client focused assessment and plan.
Distinct niche small insurance Company
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 30, 2013
Sterling Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Munich RE, and sells Medicare Supplement, Life, and Critical Condition products
Independ working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2013
Would assist with sales people with mailing and application from clients. Answer phones and maintain the office.
Winsor
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood TnJune 17, 2013
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. I worked in Pharmacy Support for over a year and it was the most unorganized place i'd ever worked. Management does not have a clue, it's truly a revolving door, not only with employees, but managers as well. That says a lot within itself. It's ridiculous, although the pay and benefits were good, it wasn't worth the stress. You are not allowed to talk with co-workers unless you're on break or lunch. You are not allowed to ask co-workers work related questions, everything has to be emailed to management. Everything is monitored. Management show a lot of favoritism, you work and look forward to being promoted and it will never happen. They say you can be promoted within six months after being employed, once you apply for another position outside of the dept, it's who they like that will get the position. It doesn't matter if you have been there longer. So don't waste your time applying with this company or at least in pharmacy support. you won't be there long and neither will they. The star ratings are not good!!
Pros
Pay / Benefits / Employees
Cons
Management / No Organization
Windsor
Clinical Pharmacy Techinician (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 23, 2013
I've been there for 2 years in Pharmacy. It's just awful. No one knows what they're doing there, no consistent training, terrible management and organizational skills, huge lack of communication within the entire Pharmacy department. And, yeah, the only promotions anyone will be getting is by favoritism and some good ole brown nosing. So many chiefs, with very little training and education who get titles just handed to them, and those who have a brain will get absolutely no where. Waste of time. I've seen several people come and go, it is a revolving door. I'm sure Sterling is a good company, but Windsor is definitely NOT! You will become a drone and depressed with your job. The Pharmacy policies are always changing. From, if you're 1 minute late from lunch it's 1/2 occurrence to it's ok if you're a few minutes late. It's changed at least 5 times within a year. If you go there, better be looking over your shoulder. Some day CMS will shut them down, just watch...they can't keep the star ratings up because of all the morons running the place.
Benefits are decent, the hours can be good. And unfortunately, there's not enough Pharmacy Technician positions out there that pay as good.
Pros
Hours, personal time off and vacation time, Pay
Cons
Favoritism, unorganized, NO communication, too much ignorance and arrogance
Helping agents with paperwork in computer
Administrative Administration (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 14, 2013
Loved running the office..'
Computer work online and offline

agents support
Under Radar
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TnMarch 19, 2013
I worked as a Clinical Technician in Pharmacy Support for almost a year and it definitely wasn't for me. Upper & Lower Management stink, NO Personality. They give you all this hype when you interview, then when you start you get a boat load of paperwork as part of your training. You sit with employees for 2 weeks and after that you're on your own, nothing hands on. You're constantly monitored during breaks & lunch, you're not allowed to chat with co-workers unless you're on break or lunch. If you have a work related question, you are not allowed to ask another employee, you have to email everything to management and wait for them to respond. The stress was just to much for me. Forget promotions, (Favoritism). I've seen so many Employees as well as Managers leave that dept. It's a revolving door. So i say to you, if you apply for this position. Enter at your own risk.
Pros
pay, hours, holidays off.
Cons
management, training, constantly monitored