Sterling Living Center Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 24, 2018
Pay sucks, they don’t give out raises like you are told in the interview. The DON is a bipolar freak, the kitchen manager is very mean, the residents don’t get the care the deserve. They get checked maybe 1 time per shift. There are many residents that don’t get checked at all at night. They have 2 CNAs for 20 residents on one side and 3 CNAs for about 30 residents. most of which are 2 assists so during lunch breaks it’s impossible to find help so you are doing 2 people transfers by yourself. The nurses don’t help the CNAs at all. If you ask them for something a resident wants they throw attitude and wait hours before getting it. The nurses lie on fall reports. I definitely would not bring my loved ones here or my worst enemy’s. This nursing home is a joke and needs to be shut down!
Pros
None!
Cons
No longer a good company
COTA (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 9, 2018
Sava Senior Care was a great company at one time but changes in management and company culture has left many people shaking their heads. Pay has really decreased, company no longer contributes towards benefits, no retirement, and no advancements. Basically this is a new grad company for those looking to get their feet in the door, but most leave after two years for better pastures. Productivity expectation is outrageous and impossible unless you like committing Medicare Fraud.
Pros
Great place to start if you're a new grad otherwise that's about it
Cons
Poor pay, no company paid healthcare, no retirement, no company support when problems arise, and many other issues that are to much to list.
Great Nursing Staff, Wonderful Residents
CNA (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is always on your feet. You're either making beds, passing ice water, taking residents to and from places, and cleaning things.
I've been there for over a year, I started as an RA. I took my CNA class through SAVA as well. They did an excellent job preparing me to get read for my CNA test.
The hardest part of the job is watching residents pass away slowly, knowing there's nothing you can do to help them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make the last few days of the residents lives the best that they could possibly have. Making the residents smile who hardly ever get that satisfaction, and helping make sure they're cozy and comfortable as they depart make this job worth while.
Cons
always on your feet
Always on the go
Social Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 9, 2013
Advocate/Advisor for the residents
Provide physical, psychological and social needs for residents Committed to providing care that recognizes each residents physical, emotional and spiritual needs
Assist residents to attain/maintain the highest practical well-being Motivate all residents to make healthy adjustments to the facility
Uncover any problem that might interfere with the residents personal problems
Encourage and help residents voice their problems and find solutions to the issues
Assist residents and responsible parties with forms or applications for other resources
Fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Living Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sterling Living Center Reviews by Location