Sterling Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good day
Audiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 7, 2018
very good days.
everything in hearing loss blood draw .
learn a lot from the leadership ..
mix culture work very well.
nothing real because were train right.
working with my team.
Contract for national guard
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 2, 2018
The contract was great but the medical department at the guard was an awful place at that time far to much kissing up had to be done to the ltc in order to get along. He is now gone and as i hear things are muxh better there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad admin
Easy job, horrible, horrible company to work for
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Springville/Lackawanna nyMay 19, 2018
There is absolutely no communication between Sterling and the VA and the actual clinics. Their benefits are AWFUL (1200/month family plan with a 12k deductible). The Lackawanna clinic is great! Pam, the manager is helpful and kind. The staff are also incredibly helpful and work as a team. There's very little good to say about the Springville clinic they run - its a very hostile workplace - I'll leave it at that. The job itself is easy. Pretty good pay considering the work that you do.
Pros
Mon-fri with weekends and holidays off
Cons
Healthcare isnt affordable, terrible communication, hostile work environment and no one bothers to fix anything
Very laid back place to work
Medical Appointment Clerk Lead (Current Employee) –  Patrick AF Base, FlMay 8, 2018
Laid back management, easy environment to work for. Employers are located in another state so you never see them face to face. Good pay for what the job entails but no yearly raises
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2018
Sterling Medical would be okay if there were better communication skills. I was contracted for 13 weeks. On the night of shadowing, my access was working expect to the patient's medications. I called the appropriate people, starting with pharmacy and no one could help. I notified the manager on the floor to contact me with instructions (no called returned) and also Sterling and I was informed by text that they were working on it. I had no confirmation that the problem was resolved or instructions on how to do so.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of communication, treated like a number
Worked as a contractor
Social Work Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hanscom AFB, MAApril 28, 2018
I basically have no real opinion of the company other than the representative who maintained contact with me was very good and tried to maintain contact with me.
Pros
No Opinion
Cons
Home Office is in another state
difficult to rate
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAApril 10, 2018
As a contractor in a different state than the contract company, its difficult to rate some of the items. Communication was challenging, and leadership did not come from Sterling Medical but from my clinic location
Enjoyed Time
Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did here. I would have stayed with this company, however, due to military orders I had to move. If other opportunities are available in the future I would look into those.
Absolutely Horrible Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 8, 2018
This place is by far the most disgusting place I’ve ever worked in my life the director sleeps with the employees, the management team all they do is be secretive and shady there are no benefits there are no rewards, and there is no communication. The work Environment is worse than one of a high school. I would never recommend this place for work.
Pros
Living
Cons
Hostile Environment!!No Benefits, Gossip, Drama, Disrespectful Management
Worst company I have ever worked for
Nurse Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 3, 2018
I worked more then short staff, I would express my concerns to the upper management and nothing was ever done about it. Lack of communication with upper management- never told when a new staff member would start. Everything was kept secret. Beyond cut throat. I worked there over 2 years and was told our clinic did not deserve raises, despite everyone doing multiple jobs all of the time. They do not care about the Veteran or those who they serve, only lining their pocket. I have never seen micromanaging to their level. They encourage people to rat on each other, instead of going to the local management first. I have worked for some horrible companies, but have never seen anything quite like Sterling Medical. Allowing staff to date patients and not addressing the issues.
Pros
My last day of work and disabling my badge.
Cons
Management, money, benefits, work environment, micromanaging... The list goes on.

Want to know more about Sterling Medical?

Ask a question
One of the best jobs that I have ever had...
Medical Biller/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Terrific place to work. You could not work with better owners. I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet two great people, as well as the experience this environment provided.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Sterling
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 15, 2018
The Sterling way was to stab each other in the back. They were not supportive and did not offer education for your field. In Information Technology it is imperative to have a good education and update credentials. They never offered opportunities to do so.
Dangerous focus on doing more with less
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJanuary 17, 2018
Dangerous staffing, high acuity patients. Banner Health as an Organization is a terrible organization to work for as the focus on the Lean Model. Always doing more with less with the staff and patients at risk.
intership
Student Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Its a great place for intership I loved the place. Its nice coworkers there. I learned a lot from the place. go in early and get off early. This place is good to work at and do internship there to . there over 12 offices in the state of Florida.
Great company to work for.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Worked as a contract employee in Corpus Christi Texas at a Military Treatment Facility. All contact with Sterling Medical was by email or phone. Was never disappointed in their reply time or assistance with resolution of issues such as assitance with work travel or answers to any questions.
Pros
Great schedule, plenty of PTO, good benefit program and always helpful.
Work changed daily and very independent and challenging
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2018
Very independent and enjoyed the work Very little support from management. Worked well with all providers and as part of a team Work load varied daily
Pros
Work hours
Cons
little flexibility
see below
Accounting Associate (Intercompany) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2017
I am very busy at Sterling... A little stressful. I love my supervisor, he is very fair person, and easy going. I love to do research and there is a lot to do there. I'm very good at multi tasking. The company is growing a lot. I'm very busy there but that is what I like to stay busy...
The only thing is there is no room for advancement there. The salary could be better.
Pros
Paid lunches, work on my own, work in my own office, no one looking over my shoulder
Cons
No advancement, need more pay, few raises
Contract workers are over worked and not compensated.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LADecember 3, 2017
Lack of leadership and teamwork. Patient safety is becoming more concerning. Yes having weekends off are great but I work before and after work and through lunch with over time.
Management is not very perceptive
Administrative Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 27, 2017
Would not recommend as an employer. Did not know what managers were doing on a daily basis and were reactive as opposed to being proactive. Did not care what staff was doing or care for the Veterans.
Sterling Medical
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergNovember 14, 2017
Sterling medical is a very good place to work at because you get free boarding, rental care. and travel overseas and you get weekends off. It was a very good job.
Pros
room board travel and rental car