Sterling Medical Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
registered chiropratic assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 14, 2019
Love this company but need more pay and more hours. Been a rca but they dont have a permanant doctor so i dont have my license yet willing to cross train
Wonderful experience
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mira Mar CA Branch Medical ClinicApril 23, 2019
I loved working for this company very easy to get in contact with had no complaints what so ever. Would have loved to stay yet the security manager with the US gov) made a human error and my clearance needed to be redone. Yet I have not one complaint just one request to obtain my job again.
Bèware
Rn Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 23, 2019
Avoid this company! Bad management and toxic work environment. No orientation and completley unorganized not a good place to work. Avoid AVOID AVOID AT ALL COST. AVOID THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT DRAMA AND HEART ACHES. People are awful and so is management. Nothing gets changed or improved. AVOID. AVOID...
Pros
Cons
Bad management bad work environment
Benefits OK
Special Needs Coordinator, Contractor (Former Employee) –  overseasApril 19, 2019
Co-workers were ok, management and company was kind of sketchy. Not honest or helpful when approached for assistance with contract issues or concerns.
Pros
Fair benefits
Cons
Not enough time off and management not very helpful when problems
Fast paced but stressful work environment
Lead RCA/Front Desk/Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2019
Fast paced client office. Working with patients is great but the hours are long. Attitude of management toward employees is poor which makes for a very stressful environment.
Decent pay but not great communication
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 15, 2019
I worked as a contractor for a little over two year. The pay was excellent. Their communication on the other hand left a lot to be desired. I was extrememly difficult to actually speak with someone on the phone. Sadly, I had to refer to the recruiter when people from payroll and HR did not return phone calls or emails. On most occasions, I have to reach out at least four times before even getting a response via email. When speaking to people from payroll and HR, they were not very friendly and sometimes rude. It was like they were upset that I had questions. Having to call/email several times to simply get benefits information that they require be done in the first 30 days of employment was ridiculous. Not having open communication, especially when no one onsite can help with certain issues, is extremely frustration.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of communication and follow-up
LCSW - Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 2, 2019
Sterling medical is a good place to work. I learned a lot working with the veterans. The co-workers were friendly and supportive. I am thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Fast paced environment, Company keeps growing
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 7, 2019
I have been working at Sterling Medical Group for over 3 years, I had the opportunity to work in different locations since they have multiples in the Central Florida area. The Doctors, Medical Assistants and administration staff are great. The management staff is very professional, always fair and supportive. I really enjoy working here.
Pros
Work until 1pm on Fridays
Not for me
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 6, 2019
Pay was great, 40 hours per week, no overtime, stressful non-team environment. Wasn't what I wanted to deal with long term, really want 30 hours per week/4 days a week.
Not a bad place to work for a provider
Psychiatric MH Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 1, 2019
Providers have a nice work/life balance for the most part however have to stay on top of charting which can be challenging at times. Sometimes hard to watch what the nurses go through as a lot of turnover on that side. Sterling loses a lot of good nurses and never inquires as to why. Most enjoyable part of job are the veterans, they make it worth coming into work everyday. Hardest part is the charting, the system is OLD. Technology should work for you, not against you.
Pros
pay is excellent, veterans are great patients
Cons
benefits not as good as VA, no education reimbursement, medical insurance is expensive
impersonal
Staff Certified Nurse-Midwife (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJanuary 22, 2019
As a contractor, you fill a vacancy without the hiring company fully understanding your role or educational background. Job instability due to contract renewals reviewed annually. They are not obligated to give you any notice with termination of contract or loss of rehire status.
ship medical records all over the world
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  411 Oak StreetJanuary 15, 2019
• Initiates and maintains medical records in accordance with HIPAA regulations
• File documents of patient care into patients physical and electronical chart
• Conduct daily pulls, delivery and retrieval of patient chats
• Track and receive medical record from other MTF and check into facility system using CHCS and ALTHA
• Request information pertaining to patient treatment from other base or providers
• Prepares reports regarding records statistics as necessary
• Review records to ensure proper and complete documentation of patient charts
• Retire medical records in accordance with Air Force guidelines
• Assist in referral management, by receiving and processing records request for copies from members or off base providers
• Answer Multi lien phone and transfer calls
Pros
worked with few people
Cons
always played music
challenging but rewarding
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Very challenging work, but my skill set helped immensely. Did worldwide travel, wrote teaming agreements and subcontracts, developed new teaming partners and traveled to their home offices.
Time learned at a job that didn’t match to my resume
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BACKGROUND Ck DEP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Stressful job with little training for the position. Poor management of employees. Business is successful but the boss is mean and has no patience. I’m thankful I had a job and am grateful for the opportunity to look for a better one.
Pros
Casual dress code and off for federal holidays
Cons
Stressful management
Worst Job Ever
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 1, 2019
The Management was Horrible she created most of the drama & would sit back & watch it like TV it was clearly her daily entertainment which was sad because we was there to serve the veterans & that’s why it’s such a high turnover rate no one wants to stay at such a Hostile CutThroat environment but the ones who create it
Pros
Off on the weekend
Cons
No breaks No lunch & No respect
Amazing
Chiropractic Assistant (Former Employee) –  730 LEXINGTON GREEN LN , SANFORD FLORIDA 32771December 26, 2018
Thank you so much sterling group medical for your supporting me as and intern at your practice I would continue to work for you at anytime , I've learned so much from this practice that I would refer everybody to you ,this facility is very caring for their patients and employee's ,communication is their main focus . Redonda white
Fast Pace Pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2018
Fast pace moving military pharmacy, friendly atmosphere, great hours and pay. Idea location. One hour lunch break, Full-time straight hours 7:30am to 4:30pm
Pros
The hours and pay
Good environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 30, 2018
Extensive crisis intervention practices with Families in Crisis. Proactive, appreciative working with culture diversity, socioeconomic, educational, and multi-age clients. Flexible; willingly to increase responsibilities.
Pros
Company
Cons
temp
Sterling has the potential to be great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2018
I love my JOB at Sterling but the CEO is a horrible micro-manager. You never have time to do your actual job. He constantly gives you "High Priority" "Super Time Sensitive" things to do that you know nothing about. Why would you want an accountant helping recruit?
Pros
10 paid Federal holidays
Cons
The insurance is pricy and the copays are steep, always asked to stay late
Productive fun place to work due to staff not managment or corporate
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 20, 2018
Typical work day is filled with alerts that can range from 100-1000 for any given day. These are to be responded to within 48-96 hours. In addition, to this task one is answering telephone calls seeing scheduled patients and any walk in that may present. Learned that some companies simply want warm bodies, Managment worthless, hardest thing about the job; well there are some many but one it that employees at Sterling Medical are slaves with two masters. The job was enjoyable due to staff around you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor corp./managment, poor communication, too many bossess not enough workers