Sterling National Bank Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 81 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Sterling National Bank is a financial services firm that specializes in the delivery of service and solutions to business owners, their families, and consumers in communities within the greater New York City area through teams of dedicated and experienced relationship managers. Sterling National Bank offers a complete line of commercial, business, and consumer banking products and services.
Salary estimated from 467 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Banking & Finance
Immediate management had clear guide directives. Pleasant immediate management and working staff. Senior management had a history of of mergers with the intent to sell.
Sterling a national Bank was a dream job of mine. Management is very supportive, coworkers are easy to get a long with, workload is manageable, building relationships with customers was a best part of the day and helping to assist them. You really do feel great to work for a part of Sterling National Bank. Very rewarding
If you like being attached to a phone all day answering the same questions over and over,I guess this is the job for you. Not easy to move up in the company, but some managers will look out for you if they see potential in you. Overall, not my favorite company to have worked for.
All credit analysts were told bonuses would be based on team performance. One day before bonuses we were told we were not on the team. Carrot and stick. Carrot did not exist. The regulators came in and advised that credit analysts could not be compensated by team performance and the bonus structure had to be changed. Upper management changed it but decided not to tell us about it until 1 day before receiving our bonus. They lied through omission OR they were too stupid to realize we would be affected by this. They talk a great talk but they act in a completely different way.
I worked with some great people but the transition from Astoria to Sterling National Bank was riddled with terrible technical difficulties. The employees were overworked and under-appreciated by the company overall. It would be difficult for me to honestly recommend this company to work for or do business with...
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 30 questions about working at Sterling National Bank. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Sterling National Bank employees.
Insights from 42 Indeed users who have interviewed with Sterling National Bank within the last 5 years.
What are your strengths? weaknesses? how do you interact with others? what do you like? dislike? Tell me about your business knowledge and how do you handle certain situations, etc....
Typical interview questions like, Why do you want to work for Sterling National Bank? How do you see yourself adding value?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Sterling National Bank