Sterling Payment Technologies Employee Reviews

Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2017
Sterling is a great place to work. If you work hard you can easily grow within the company. There is a great mix of business day to day activities and fun small employee events to keep the company interacting with each other.
No Job Security
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2017
Loved working here and was told that I would have a permanent job, but due to the company being purchased by a "big fish" everything changed and I lost my job during the merge/reorganization.
Pros
Great pay, great location, good people
Cons
No job security
Company sold
Help Desk Associate/Deployment (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2017
Company was recently sold and cutbacks and relocations are causing an uncertain future with company. Unfortunately this has led people to move on to different careers and has left the company shorthanded creating a stressful environment as the people that remain pick up the additional workload.
Good place to get your feet wet
I.T. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2017
Slightly cut throat if you're working with a particular individual with red hair and a scruffy beard... but they're technically competent and for the most part, it's a solid place to develop your skills and gain experience.
Pros
Right next to Thee Doll House
Cons
Can be crazy at times
Job Culture Great
Prospect Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2017
The job culture here was great, but if you needed time off, or in my case, when I needed to relocate everyone acted bizarre. I worked hard, put in time, and brought great numbers to the company, but just not for me.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Favoritism
Not what it seems
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2017
The company is not as successful (or fun) as they try to make it seem during hiring process.
Good first job but not somewhere you can make a career of.
Pros
easy
Cons
no benefits
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2017
Things are constantly improving here. There are surely growing pains, but that is to be expected. Steady growth is a very good thing if you're willing to grow alongside.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Old work environment
Good company to work for
Independent sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
They offer opportunities for advancement and excellent training programs.This company values diversity and education. Human resource management is intelligent, savvy and connected.
Not recommended you can do better
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Just can't trust management at all, no consistency no structure many times all management would get up and leave without communicating it to the floor, and you end up doing other people's job that get paid way more than you if you need to work cool place to get a check but not a long term career.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Management, small company
Deployment Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Payment Technologies processes payment transactions for all major credit, debit and fleet card networks, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

Sterling provides merchants with a complete range of electronic payment processing services, including credit, debit, PIN debit, fleet, gift card, rewards and loyalty programs, electronic benefits transfer (EBT), and check authorization and conversion.
Pros
Professional work place
Cons
Professional work place
Fun and challenging workplace
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2015
Sterling is a fun and lively workplace. It is challenging as the market is ever changing. There is absolutely the ability to move up the ladder with hardwork and a want attitude. I have been fortunate to be able to grow my career there.
Ok Place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
Typical day at work was scanning all contracts, e mails, paperless and documents sent vial e mail. screening them and making sure all signatures from the merchant contracts were not digital signatures or copy and paste.

Dealt with multiple tasks, while scanning, works the queue in regards of request from different departments being sent. Ran the reports for Discover and American Express merchants to be boarded in the system and handled the rejected merchants as well.

Hardest part of the job was everyday around 4 we would receive rushes on contracts and other issues, and the end of each month we would be in high alert on doing all request and contracts being rushed to be keyed and opened by 6PM.

The co workers from the department were like family, we helped each other and worked hard as a team

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we would try and have a pot luck.
A good place to work if you don't want to advance anywhere.
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
For 6 years at this position, my typical included 100% on the phone, while working on settlement issued reports, assisting others, training others and file building all at the same time. Ensuring sales reps and merchant's top care and solutions to their credit card processing issues. I learned a lot about PCI compliance and how much more important it has become these last few years. I worked with a crew of 12 and I would not trade in none of them, it got me out bed every morning to help them out. Hardest part of the day was trying to figure out our schedules for next month and the next.
Pros
Lots of time off ( PTO, vacation, Floaters)
Cons
30 minute lunches, Management, inconsistent schedules, favoritism.
great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2014
Great place, problem was traffic and location.
It is located near Tampa into airport, with I4, I275, I75 so traffic during rush hours was the worse.
Good company, great internal culure for employees
Retention Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 3, 2014
I learned about the Credit card processing business. Took advantage of weekly training sessions in customer service and product development.
Co-workers and management created a positive enviornment
Needs basic management skills
Corporate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Basically a very difficult place to work.
Mangers will micro-mange
Ideas and views are not supported
Unorganized
Confrontational, hostile work environment is not discourage. Bias toward employees of different ethnicities.
Poor compensation.
Cons
Unorganized, confrontational
Managment needs some work.
Marketing Assistant / Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2013
Working with this company was great, until my manager was fired, it was down hill from there. I liked working with some of the employees. Since there was not management in my dept I was lost and confused on what to do and needed help but there was no one to help. When things started to look up lies were being told and HR had no respect for their employee.
Pros
When there was a managment-Free Lunch
Cons
Losing Managment in my dept.
Run, dont walk.
Client relations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2013
I have learned all I can about credit card processing with this company, which is a good thing. Employees are friendly, but management has no respect for their employees. Very micro managed company.
Pros
Pay is not bad, generous days off.
Cons
Poor benefits, Unable to afford the medical package.