STERLING SECURITY

STERLING SECURITY Employee Reviews

The wasnt hard at all the only problem I had with it was people in the company that was supervisors didn't know how to treat their workers. Also some clients treated us like slaves wanting security to do everything that doesn't fall in our duties.
Pros
Good place to start if your just trying to make a little cash
Cons
power hungry people worked in the company
Sterling security will put you somewhere close to your home. Some sites you have free time. There’s NO benefits at all. Only raise you’ll get is after every year IF the minimum wage goes up. Supervisors don’t know how to run the job, they’ll ask you how to check in people. They tell you to give them at least 2 weeks ahead before a vacation and still expect you to come in even if you told them a month ahead that you needed days off. If you had a doctors note saying you won’t be able to work they still will bug you to come in. Owner don’t care about his employees only himself
Pros
Free time
Cons
NO Health benefits, no raise, only care about themselves, you scheduled a week off a month ahead and they still won’t find a replacement for your shift
I worked for Sterling Security in a strip mall near 7th Street in Fort Worth. I worked with minimal supervision. Patrolled the perimeter as well as inside stores to deter theft and vagrancy. This job was to determine whether the client wanted to pursue long term security.
Pros
Would love to work for them again.
Cons
There were no cons.
They are extremely racist individuals that I would never work for again. They pay you no money for maximum productivity. I would never recommend this site for anyone.
I have been harrased by a site manager on three occasions and called my higher ups and the situation was not dealt with in a professional manner and they stick with each other.
Pros
Cons
No vacation or sick pay. Absolutely no holiday pay.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
can’t get days off and they expect you to find your own coverage. Supervisors and management are just there to charge you for uniform and deliver your check every two weeks. Other than that they don’t do anything special apart from all the other bs security companies that are out here
Pros
Free time, No one down your neck.
Cons
Your just another body at a site, no raises, pay is horrible
Overall, this company is excellent in customer reviews and commitment to the customer and employees. I enjoy working here because its clean and quiet,
I work for this company I was lied on fired because I didn't want to be a supervisor no more they don't care nothing about their employees cheap low pay and the boss Eric Williams is a piece of
• I patrol and monitor activity at locations such as bars, supermarkets and parking lots. I use alarms and surveillance equipment and patrol a property on foot or in a vehicle to ensure safety and security on the premises.
This job was pretty laid back. I was responsible for monitoring a museum. I would direct cars in and out. There wasn't much room to move up in the company.
It’s a Great company to Learn and get the experience you need to proceed Further in other opportunities . Great hours and reasonable Locations availability to employees.
I really enjoyed my time at sterling security. It was a chance for me to work while still in school with a flexible schedule and over time I’d need. I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Flexibility schedule
Cons
I see none fit
This company is a good place to start if you want to enter into the security field. But the compensation is very low for this type of work. There is very little benefits and it just doesn't seem like a very organized company.
Sterling security is a great and the best company to work for. There is no other security company like sterling. Sterling security have many different job locations to learn something new. Very professional, and neat. I have been working for sterling security since 2011. Still present.
The location I am assigned to work in Sterling Security is actually very lucky for me as it is very close to home. The work flow for the day depends on a number of factors and on some days it can get very busy turning a slow paced work flow into a fast paced environment, this is especially true during holidays as my location is a 24/7 operation.
Good great work environment great team members. I was very impressed with management. The pay was not bad and they will always make sure you get a full 40 hours a week if your full-time
This company is very relaxed and would do anything for there employees which i liked a lot. and management is very good especially when it comes to personal matters.
I worked there for 2 years not get a raise but they keep you working and different job sites is different pay if you keep it real with them they will keep it real with you
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Not enough money
Competitive pay but management want you to break your back for them but they are not willing to do the same for you. Be careful about pay because some get more some get less. Great night shift laid back easy just gotta stay woke morning and afternoon is a bit tougher because it’s like all eyes on you. Can get a bit hectic but in the end not too bad
Sterling is a easy work place, u met many people while there mostly very kind. Normally your in a booth or a building so the weather doesn’t really affect u
Not a bad company, I just wish they hired more individuals that really wanted to work. Also stop hiring hood rats because they have big assets. ( management)
  1. Employee Reviews