Stern & Eisenberg, PC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAJuly 11, 2018
Shortly employed so not comfortable reviewing the entire organization as I barely interacted with management. Turnover rate did seem extremely high..
Pros
Sporadic lunch leftovers
Cons
High turnover
Fast Growing Company
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 31, 2018
Fast pace and high volume work environment that can be different everyday. Friendly and helpful Attorney's willing to teach you if you are willing to learn.
Pros
401K Program, Decent Benefits
Cons
Short lunch Breaks, Management issues
Heavy workload, overtime required, no opportunity for advancement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 17, 2018
They don't particularly care about whether you are happy in your position or not. They proclaim advancement from within, but my experience was that they preferred to bring in outsiders, even if you were more qualified for the position. No incentive, no support. Played "favorites" with certain employees.
Horrible Experience
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2018
They will ease you in and then wear you down. Alot of drama, superviors and managers/Attorneys talk badly about other employees and Attorney's. One Attorney in the Columbia office talks about other people non-stop, complains about everything and cannot be trusted with any information whatsoever. VERY unprofessional. The company overall treats employees like they are Assembly line workers and have no regard for the amount of work that they expect you to do. Overall - regardless of the amount of work you do or how much time you sacrifice to do your jobs you will NEVER be appreciated or paid well enough for it. If I can give you one piece of advice it would be this - If you want to be treated like a person and not used for what you contribute or prepared to work alot of overtime (just to try and keep a halfway decent workload), then steer clear of this place!
Pros
Tennis shoes/casual dress on Fridays
Cons
Short breaks, Production based, Drama, constant negativity
Official response from Stern & Eisenberg, PC
April 10, 2018

As the HR Director on behalf of the Stern & Eisenberg Executive Team we take your feedback seriously and appreciate that you have voiced your opinion. The CEO of our rapidly growing business is incredibly committed to a positive work culture and we've received many comments about the great work/life balance here...but we can always do better. In the interest of continuous improvement, we conducted a company-wide employee survey in March to see how our managers are doing. Our positive scores related to management capabilities were 70% or higher...but we know we can do even better and plan to deliver training to every level of management during 2018. I invite you to reach out to me personally to discuss your any or all of your concerns.

I thouroughly enjoy working at S&E
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAMarch 1, 2018
I was able to advance and was promoted after 7 months of employment. I find that all of the staff, including management and attorneys are more than friendly and eager to assist with new employees finding their way. There is a high level of professionalism and support that this firm provides so you can reach your professional goals.
Pros
Many
A good place to begin working in the legal field
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 1, 2017
Good benefits, fast paced work, good teaching environment. Although the work is dry, that can be expected when working in the legal field. Some managers are less that lovely, most are great teachers and better bosses.
Official response from Stern & Eisenberg, PC
April 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback!
We are committed to do better as an organization and plan on delivering training to all levels of management during 2018. Our employees are a valued asset and we will continue to help them grow and encourage all feedback.

awful management
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYNovember 1, 2017
the manager with whom i was burdened while at S&E was rude, ethically challenged, and paranoid. I think she was overworked and challenged out of her depth in so far as the actual management of the office.
poor management. Inconsistent
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAAugust 19, 2017
cant respect the leadetship. inconsistent. crazy turnover and yet they don't make better choices. no mentorship.. It's sink or swim. glad i moved on from there
Great Company to Work For!!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAJune 9, 2017
I started here as a graduate intern. I was given the opportunity to work for the company full time at the end of my internship. Everyone here is helpful and have contributed to my learning as much as possible about the company. Stern & Eisenberg, P.C. is growing fast and the work can become very challenging at times. Growth means change and some people don't like change, other cherish it. In order to do well in this company you have to be adaptable to change, you have to work hard, and work as part of a team.
Pros
Great people, reasonable management, good pay, good benefits
Cons
growing pains, change, fast pace
Technical Side of Law
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 30, 2017
I worked in the IT department during a time where there was an overhaul and updating of the systems. I was taught how to use case management systems and how to teach others. This prepared me for my future internship at the Philadelphia District Attorney's office. Everyone was extremely kind and helped me whenever I was lost on what to do.
Pros
Great hours, pay, atmostphere
Cons
Only a summer internship/job

Want to know more about Stern & Eisenberg, PC?

Ask a question
proactive place when work was available.
Bankruptcy Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Good company to work for. the atmosphere was good, the people were friendly. we were always provided a lunch, snacks were offered.
Pros
good place
Cons
good place