STETSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Low paying
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 6, 2019
Stetson University is a great working environment. However, I feel as though the maintenance positions are severely underpaid and under appreciated. I experienced many encounters with other staff members where the maintenance workers were disrespected.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No paid vacations and low pay
buen ambiente laboral
Intercambio académico (Former Employee) –  florida,usaJuly 2, 2019
Buen ambiente laboral, perfecto para estudiantes y recién egresados
No room for advancement and non professional culture
Athletics (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 1, 2019
This university does not care about the people who support the athletic department. They look for you to leave after two years. I have heard numerous people call it a stepping stone position job. Which is absurd. With the right leadership this could be an outstanding place to work. However without raises and people who care, it is just the opposite. Only certain areas of the department receive raises. Not even necessarily the important parts. Numerous areas are over worked. The AD surrounds himself with people who are clueless about successful college athletics. This can be sen by the way they keep unsuccessful coaches on staff for numerous years. Hopefully when the new president arrives they care about athletics and do a good overhaul of the athletic department.
Pros
Free workout area, free stress, and new friends every year
Cons
Poor pay, no time to use vacation, lack of stellar leadership
Great community but underpaid
Reality Campaign coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 23, 2019
During this position my job description changed every year mainly due to promotion and excelling in my job area. A typical work day would consist of me planning for future events, teaching newly hired student employees or designing digital fliers using multiple software programs.
Fun team to work with in athletics department
Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 20, 2019
My experience thus far working at Stetson has been pleasant. I enjoy working at games/ events and meeting new people and learning about other sports that I have never participated in.
Pros
Close proximity to where I live, flexible with school hours, friendly co-workers
Under-appreciated and overworked
Student Accompanist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 24, 2019
Work in the music department is highly demanding and in most cases under-appreciated. The amount of people that work and attend school there do not fit the facilities well and there never seems to be much progress made on advocation for funds for the music building.
Pros
Creation of your own schedule
Cons
No decent place for accompanists or student teachers to conduct coachings or take breaks
Nice place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Nice people and nice environment
Friendly staff and nice facilities
Healthy atmosphere
Overall an awesome opportunity to learn and enjoy the experience.
Fast paced and friendly students
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  DeLand, ,FloridaJanuary 28, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job duties is working with students and their families. My day is very fast-paced and the subject matter change rapidly.
Pros
Free tuition for dependents
Cons
Tension
Great job for college students living on campus
Coffee Shop Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 12, 2019
The experience was fun and a bit challenging. While I worked there, managerial changes occured but it did not affect the overall work experience. College students and co-workers made the job enjoyable
Temporary job
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 21, 2018
I personally thought the job was a joke to my employers. They never had a job for me to do. They were nice, but I'm looking for something else for a part-time job.
Great work-study opportunity!
Senior Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 17, 2018
My time as an audio technician was a lot of fun. We helped set up events for guest speakers, bands, intramural events or any other campus related event. It was an opportunity to learn about different subjects since you had to be there during the event Also, most of the work is done during setup and breakdown, so you can grab a snack and do homework while you are there as long as you can be focused on the event running smoothly in the meantime.
Pros
A lot of fun and easy to do
Great coaches to work with.
Intern - Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 4, 2018
Great environment. I had the pleasure to work with some top notch athletes and coaches. Stetson was a family environment where the coaches and players were on the same team. Everyone had everyone's best interest at hand.
Pros
Great leadership from my head strength and conditioning coach.
Cons
The position was temporary.
great school with a need to change their administration
Stetson Men's Tennis Manager (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 23, 2018
I love going to this school and could never see myself anywhere else. Unfortunately the administration is very unprofessional and has no clue how to accomplish their jobs.
Productive and fun workplace
Program Coordinator for E.D.G.E Program (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 17, 2018
Stetson is an amazing place to work. The staff really care about the students and staff and it shows. I am extremely honored to work for this organization.
People
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2018
I learned how to work Well with others! Meeting a lot of college students that’s working just as hard as you but you’re cleaning a school and they’re learning law
Pros
Fun
Cons
A lot of work
Typical Work
Lead Presenter in Dept. Colloquium of Physics (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 3, 2018
This job was an unpaid work since it revolved around my major and was focused on our understanding of higher level topics like, 'The Possibility of Time travel'. It helped me appreciate the higher orders of Physics and how much is left for me to still learn. We gave 20-45 minute talks every Monday to the Physics department about topics that interest us or are related to the subject matter in one of our classes.
Accepting professional atmosphere
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Work days vary from department to department. DeLand is centrally located in Florida, making it a fun place to work for a small town feel. Being nearby Disney and the East Coast is particularly enjoyable.
Pretty Good
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Worked here for a few years. Management was pretty good. e school was trying to grow, so that added to a bit of stress, but overall it was a positive experience.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
High Stress
Overall Pretty Great
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 25, 2018
The office is nice. Most other employees are easy to work with, an the atmosphere is fairly relaxed. However, there are times when things can get very hectic, and stress can run a bit high.
Relaxed workplace with lots of interaction with people
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 19, 2018
This was a student worker job so was only allowed 20 hours a week at minimum wage. It was competitive to get shifts, but the work was relaxed and interactive woth others.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not many hours