STETSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working for this place will being in school
Athletics Event Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. It gave me a lot of real life experiences and made me appreciate working and going to school. It was a simple easy job.
Stay Away from this Employer
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 23, 2017
Wish I could give zero stars to this employer. The work environment was toxic from the start. Lots of nepotism. It's a real good ol' boys club. If you don't fit the perfect mold, they waste no time in first humiliating you, and then showing you the door.
Great place to work!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 9, 2017
Collaborative, inclusive environment that focuses heavily on providing students with the tools they need to succeed. Stetson is a great place to work with the only downfall being not much room to grow.
Pros
Healthy and drama free workspace
Cons
low salary
Stetson University
Student-Athlete Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 29, 2017
Stetson was a very collaborative and wonderful training experience. This was not the passion I was striving for, however, I learned very beneifical tasks by engaging in the jobs they set forth for me
Great place to work.
Assistant Director, Department of Residential Life (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at stetson. It is a beautiful campus nestled in a small town in Florida. The people were great and the University had strong values which it held in high regard.
Pros
Great campus
Great environment
Psychology Department Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I loved working with the Psychology Department and all of the professors. The hardest part of the job was when there were technical difficulties with our equipment, therefore not allowing myself to complete the task at hand
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 11, 2017
I worked in Public Safety. They asked alot of us with low pay. The college pushed a liberal agenda instead of letting us do our job. Most of the employees and students that I came into contact with were nice, but you had several that were not pro Public Safety.
Pros
free education
Cons
pushed liberal agenda
Just A Body
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 2, 2017
To the university you are nothing but a body. There is no room for advancement in most departments and the pay is insulting. Everyone who works hard there gets paid the least, but those who do absolutely nothing make more money than they should. Stetson is a very unfair work environment unless you have children who want to go to school there or if you want to go to school. Otherwise, you're working for pocket change!
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
Weak Pay
Good place for student employment
FOCUS Leader (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 31, 2017
In my experience, Stetson treats their student employees well. There can be some days when we're not doing anything and other days where we're running around and extremely busy. I've never felt pushed to work too many hours; they don't want it to affect our academic performance (during the school year we can only work a maximum of 20 hours/week). My managers have always been easy to work with (although I've heard that there are some bad managers in other departments). There are plenty of jobs to be had for students that want to work. As far as jobs go, they're really not that bad. This is just my experience and maybe because I've worked for good departments, but I've never minded working for Stetson.
Flexible and easy work environment.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 25, 2017
This job is very useful for a current college student looking to earn some extra money or to find a stable job to help pay tuition. Wonderful bosses and leadership and helpful staff for incoming workers.
Pros
Works around your college schedule
Cons
Saturdays are a must
Remember The Days
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 12, 2017
Working in Admin taught me to prioritize time and assignments. Allowed free expression of writing and research topics all while providing guidance and perspectives.
Pros
Guidance, healthcare
Fun place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 21, 2017
Stetson is a interesting place to work. Meeting new people and new job experiences. It can be a lot of fun. You get to meet people from all over. Its worth the experence.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long breaks
Productive and fun workplace.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 21, 2017
Fun position. My typical day at work consisted of teaching for about 30 minutes three times a week. The management and organization was great! The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing results in individuals.
Daily review
STUDENT CALLER (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 31, 2017
The job was easy. However, boring. There is not much movement or entertainment. If you like a desk job with very few interactions with people, this is the job for you.
They give you the tools to succeed
In my working for the academic success center at Stetson university, I have seen the roots of how Stetson feels about education. The focus on efficiency, quality, and availability are immensely helpful to students, and apparent qualities throughout.
Work Study
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 19, 2017
I worked there under a work study program, so I don't think I can accurately convey what it is like to work for the school as a whole.

But as a student working for the university they were very understanding of my schedule and working there was a positive experience.
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 13, 2017
I performed the best that I possibly could, and many of the employees complimented me on my work ethic and organizational skills. I was able to work independently with little supervision, and I work best in an environment when I understand what the expectations are.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable work environment with great staff
Homecoming Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 15, 2017
Stetson University has an incredible staff and great management. Everyone is very accepting and always willing to lend a helping hand with any tasks you may have.
Relaxed work environment
Recycling Team Member (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 10, 2017
My on-campus work study job is very laid-back and casual, and employers establish great relations with their employees. Employers work to fit a decent schedule in with your class schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
Best job ever
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 24, 2017
The university is an amazing place to work. The support staff/faculty are supportive and care about the students deeply. Highly motivated staff/faculty!