Stevens Henager College Employee Reviews

it paid okay
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 11, 2018
Working in a call center just wasn't something I was enjoying, I was treated well by the company just conflicted with the manager on the vision of our jobs
Pros
it was a job
Cons
no breaks
This place is a joke!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2018
Management is a "queen bee" who thinks she knows everything. Long hours, low pay. Never treated with respect for my position and knowledge. Do not recommend this company to anyone. Students are not getting the education they are paying for. They are getting ripped off and so is the government.
N/a
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 23, 2018
I choose not to give my opinion on past employment. I enjoyed working with my coworkers on a daily basis. The job was rewarding and I would work there again, if I were in the same location.
Opportunities for Growth
Marketing (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTMay 23, 2018
Management values my input and trusts me to do my job. I don't feel micromanaged. The entire team works well together. We learn from each other. Good opportunities for job growth.
Pros
Training, Work Environment, Flexibility
Wonderful coworkers
GED Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 11, 2018
The people you work with on a daily basis are wonderful, however the management is a bit pushy and more concerned with the bottom line than the well being of the employees.
Excellent place to work
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2018
A great environment to achieve your personal best
Exceptional training
wonderful management and principles
great place to work and people are positive
Pros
team concept
Cons
Fellow employees are a joy to work with.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 28, 2018
The college was dedicated to providing quality education for the students in all programs. The work environment was fast paced and continuous with long days Monday thru Thursday. Co-workers were great and I enjoyed working at the college.
This is the worst school with poor management
Historian for Phi Beta Lambda (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 14, 2018
We had a good manage and things were running smooth and then they brought in this guy and my manger gets the boot and then he fires all the ones that are making the most money. I am ashamed that i went to this school and would talk people out of going to this school. Its all about the money to them not the education.The manager also had an affair with another worker.
Your future former job
Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  BoiseMarch 12, 2018
Between the unreasonable goals and unclear expectations you will be overwhelmed by the workload. Faculty are responsible and held accountable for student attendance, grades and graduation despite most factors are not within the employee's control. The organization is filled with silos and the culture is absolutely cutthroat. Lack of resources and the increase of demand is a daily frustration. While taking 'vacation' you are still expected to be working - there is no disconnecting from SHC.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management, nonstop meetings, micromanagement
Great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 31, 2018
Do your homework before going to SHC. If you like micro management then this is the job for you. Thought I was coming into a great place and ended up in chaos.
Pros
Love working with students and coworkers
Cons
Not a safe job, there is always something happening that makes you second guess you working there.
Simulation Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 14, 2018
I loved working at Steven-Henager College. Now that I have my degree, I need to start working in my career field.
I have learned a lot from classes and my work assignment; for example, there are many more fields that I would be an excellent candidate for.
ZERO Growth Available
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2018
I have worked for SHC for over 5 years. I can count on one hand how many people have advanced. The turnover rate is at least twenty times higher than advancement rates. The people there are great and loyal to their students, but management has a long way to go to get better results.
Pros
No micromanagement, great educational benefits
Cons
No upward movement, no yearly reviews or pay increases, no 401k match
Not a great place to work
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 8, 2018
Hectic job with very loose policies. You have to be well liked to stay here and that's is not an easy thing at all. The staff and students seemed to be constantly unhappy. Everyone always looked over their shoulder. There was a queen bee attitude from the campus director.
Pros
Cons
People unhappy at all times
low blow
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 15, 2017
I was forced to make cold calls to people who had no idea who we were and why we were calling and try to get them to sign up for college classes, and then get in trouble if my numbers weren't up? That's wrong. College isn't something you can pressure people into. That's ridiculous. Don't do cold calling or even call on "leads." The leads are so bad people put their baby's name on the lead with their phone number because they don't want you knowing they were the one wanting information, but then you call and ask for Ben and Ben is 2 years old? That gets you yelled at and people get creeped out, even sometimes to the point of calling the cops. I don't blame them. They really need to evaluate how they do things at their call center and figure out how to make their team more successful.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
read review
Great staff and coworkers poor management
Head Librarian (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 24, 2017
The faculty and others who serve students are great, the management is often lacking. If you work for them, be aware that though this school does provide a great education, it does not have the best reputation in the realm of higher education.
Great People at the Boise Location.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2017
Boise location has a great team of dedicated staff and instructors. The most enjoyable part of my work was to be able to interact with adult learners.
Pros
Learning institution.
Good company. Great staff
Program Director/Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 11, 2017
Knowledgeable teachers and staff. I would recommend this company as a good place to work. The instructors are strong in their respective areas. They are welcoming and supportive to fellow staff and to students.
Pros
Free education after 1 year
Cons
CEO cut our program before it was launched.
Fun work environment
Financial Aid Planner (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 17, 2017
The work environment is relaxed and low stress. Pay is great but benefits are lacking. Great job if you don't care for raises or career advancement. Other than high healthcare and no advancement it is a great job with annual training in Las Vegas. The most basic part of the job is helping potential students complete the FAFSA application.
Pros
Good paying, low stress, annual Vegas training
Cons
Poor benefits, no advancement opportunities.
Associate Dean
Associate Dean of Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 12, 2017
Ran their computer science programs from Associates to Masters level. Helped students from enrollment to job placement. Worked on curriculum development
Pros
Enjoyed working with students
Cons
under budget and under staffed
Busy place to work
Manager of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2017
Unrealistic exceptions of employees. Students pay way too much money for the degrees that cannot deliver jobs to pay back their loans. This is a greedy organization, for profit educational institution.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Constantly changing goals.