Stevens Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

nice faculty
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 11, 2018
People at stevens are pretty nice. It was a pleasures to work with them. Faculties support research really well, they work diligently and do everything they can to help you.
Great research opportunities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 7, 2018
Worked as a research assistant during my masters' studies. As a researcher, the main focus was the ability to generate a paper every semester or for key publications
Pros
Fully covered tuition
Cons
Stipend only covered basic needs
Awesome Place to be
Office Manager (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 30, 2018
I genuinely love working here. I was hired as a temp (total of 9 months) with expectations to be employed full-time. Unfortunately, they are going in other directions with the department. Nonetheless, the people I had the honor to work with were great, opening minded, and supportive towards me. There are hectic days, but those are the best days. I would recommend anyone who is looking to work here. You will not be disappointed.
Pros
The people, the work, the campus
Cons
personally - I wish they were able to keep me
Na
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 29, 2018
Overall, it is a good university with various courses in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Computer Science. Good faculty members.
Pros
Na
great
Grader (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 13, 2018
The professor is very nice. The work time is flexible for the grader. we can choose to work on weekdays or weekend and what time to do the job. everything is perfect.
Great Financial work ethics
Accounts Payable Accounting Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at this Institute.
Work ethics and commitment to excellence were regarded.
I had the opportunity to manage and supervise staff of four.
Upper Management were truly professionals.
Pros
High working standards
A great engineering school!
EZ-Gas Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 5, 2018
Stevens provides a strong foundation in engineering and opened up many opportunities. Being located in Hoboken, NJ helps a lot when looking for jobs after graduation because of its close proximity to New York City.
Student worker
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 1, 2018
I worked through FSA and I held a couple jobs throughout my 4 years here at Stevens. It was an easy job for a student although I'd recommend students look for a couple jobs in order to get more hours.
Mid-State Technical College Stevens Point PC Clinic Technician
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 21, 2018
I loved this job because of the freedom in being able to work on many different projects. I also enjoyed the access to good tools and good hardware making the projects and troubleshooting seamless. I also had access to very nice software for virus cleaning and troubleshooting hardware issues.

My supervisor was very open when it came to things like coming in late if you had school stuff to do because him being a teacher valued schoolwork over working in the PC Clinic.
Relaxed Work Environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 17, 2018
Great school who care about their workers. Flexible hours and very understanding when it comes to unplanned problems occur. Friendly atmosphere and relaxed work environment.
Great environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 28, 2018
Very rewarding experience. Learned a lot, My supervisors are very understanding and welling to help always. I work here as Part-time TA while I am full-time student.
really good view
Teaching Assistant of Computer Science Department (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 24, 2018
Professors are really nice and the view is awesome!
Students are love to lean fundamental principles of advanced client side programming, responsive design, NoSQL databases, JQuery, AJAX, Web Site security, and the latest Frameworks
Organization going through change
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 10, 2018
The organization is going through a lot of changes but management is not keeping pace with the changes as well. The company is growing faster than they can keep pace with.
Pros
Employees are great people
Cons
Lack of overall direction, adverse to change
Great Institution, doesn't pay
Graduate Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 26, 2018
Living in NJ requires much more than a $40,000 salary when the company's yearly budget is $86 million. My coworkers and I are jacks of all trades and I feel that we should be appropriately paid for the same.
Fair enough work environment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 11, 2018
I work as a postdoc researcher. Working experience depends on different professor. In general, most of the professors are good.

But the management in the Howe center is bad.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
The university manange
A foot in the waters
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 10, 2018
The Stevens Scholars program is a great way to gain experience in research and development while working under a professor of the institute. Even projects not directly related to one's field can often be applied for research down the line.
Good Master's Degree program
Master's Student (Fellow) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 9, 2018
As I was a student receiving a stipend on a DHS fellowship while attending for my Master's degree, it was a fairly relaxed environment. Outside of classes there were dozens of learning opportunities. Along the way, I met and learned from leading minds in the areas of unmanned systems, radar, acoustics, oceanography, maritime commerce, sensor technologies, additive manufacturing, and so many other areas. The professors went above and beyond in their willingness to help students learn in every conceivable area. Management tended to want graduates of the program to stay in the area and work nearby, and became less helpful when I demonstrated a desire to work elsewhere after graduation. Hardest part of the job was living in New Jersey. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning opportunities available to me. One of the internships allowed me to spend a month on an icebreaker, an amazing learning experience I would rate 12/10, highly recommend.
Pros
learning opportunities, paid for my degree
Cons
It was in New Jersey
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Loved doing summer research. It was a great opportunity for a college student and good learning experience. I worked with some great professors and I am excited to continue my education here.
cooperative relationship with workmates in there
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 24, 2018
I would thank and appreciate that I got a part-time job at Post Office in Stevens Institute of technology. I like my manager and workmates who are nice and friendly.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 20, 2018
I worked as a research assistant at CS department. I conducted research for TCP protocol performance and how to resolve network congestion. Worked on adding a session layer above the TCP layer to allow multiple TCP connection for end-to-end session.