Stevens Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Decent part time job
Graduate Teaching Assistant, NJ 07030 (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 3, 2018
I feel like your salary at Stevens Institute of Technology is not enough for the cost of living in the area and this is are my thoughts. other than that the job environment is great
Academic environment is exciting
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 2, 2018
Overall a pleasant and enjoyable place to work with a great group of people. The daily experience was different each day and I learned a great deal about the university working in the Office of the President
Adminstartive
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Loved my job. The people and work environment was great. Could work to work. Left after having my 2nd baby. It have been more then 20 years since I worked there. I am sure it has changed.
Productive and fun place to work at
Lab Assistant, Hanlon Financial (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Best Place to learn.You will get hand on experience on various platforms while studying that is the most sought experience.The lab helps you with financial concepts as well.I really had a good experience while working here
Stressfull unorganized department.
Administrative Assistant (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 21, 2018
No growth opportunity, poor management, not work friendly environment. Friends were hired. Not what you know Burwood know stressful, combative work environment. No training.
Computer Teacher
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 31, 2018
Classes at Stevens Institute of Technology are extremely thorough and well-taught. Classes are offered day and night as well as a Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, and PhD.
Pros
Excellent classes
Do as you want
Deputy Police Chief (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 28, 2018
Stevens want people that say yes all the time no matter what is asked or told to do even if it is not the truth.
If you have a friend that needs employment the management
Will fire or move a person to make that job for a friend happen.
No loyalty to Staff or faculty
Pros
Some good people working
Cons
Cronin is out of control
Nice ambiance, high work load, little management support.
Grants Pre-Award Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 13, 2018
Appears to be a good place to work but as a temp you limited in what you can contribute. The ambiance of the department is pleasant but it is non-stop work with rarely a chance to relax. Management does not communicate with senior managers to discuss processes for managing the high volume of proposals we have to submit.
Pros
Easy commute, nice people for the most part, never a dull moment
Cons
Management expects too much from employees without attempting to streamline processes
nice faculty
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 11, 2018
People at stevens are pretty nice. It was a pleasures to work with them. Faculties support research really well, they work diligently and do everything they can to help you.
Great research opportunities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 7, 2018
Worked as a research assistant during my masters' studies. As a researcher, the main focus was the ability to generate a paper every semester or for key publications
Pros
Fully covered tuition
Cons
Stipend only covered basic needs
Awesome Place to be
Office Manager (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 30, 2018
I genuinely love working here. I was hired as a temp (total of 9 months) with expectations to be employed full-time. Unfortunately, they are going in other directions with the department. Nonetheless, the people I had the honor to work with were great, opening minded, and supportive towards me. There are hectic days, but those are the best days. I would recommend anyone who is looking to work here. You will not be disappointed.
Pros
The people, the work, the campus
Cons
personally - I wish they were able to keep me
Na
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 29, 2018
Overall, it is a good university with various courses in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Computer Science. Good faculty members.
Pros
Na
great
Grader (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 13, 2018
The professor is very nice. The work time is flexible for the grader. we can choose to work on weekdays or weekend and what time to do the job. everything is perfect.
Great Financial work ethics
Accounts Payable Accounting Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at this Institute.
Work ethics and commitment to excellence were regarded.
I had the opportunity to manage and supervise staff of four.
Upper Management were truly professionals.
Pros
High working standards
A great engineering school!
EZ-Gas Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 5, 2018
Stevens provides a strong foundation in engineering and opened up many opportunities. Being located in Hoboken, NJ helps a lot when looking for jobs after graduation because of its close proximity to New York City.
Student worker
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 1, 2018
I worked through FSA and I held a couple jobs throughout my 4 years here at Stevens. It was an easy job for a student although I'd recommend students look for a couple jobs in order to get more hours.
Mid-State Technical College Stevens Point PC Clinic Technician
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 21, 2018
I loved this job because of the freedom in being able to work on many different projects. I also enjoyed the access to good tools and good hardware making the projects and troubleshooting seamless. I also had access to very nice software for virus cleaning and troubleshooting hardware issues.

My supervisor was very open when it came to things like coming in late if you had school stuff to do because him being a teacher valued schoolwork over working in the PC Clinic.
Relaxed Work Environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 17, 2018
Great school who care about their workers. Flexible hours and very understanding when it comes to unplanned problems occur. Friendly atmosphere and relaxed work environment.
Great environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 28, 2018
Very rewarding experience. Learned a lot, My supervisors are very understanding and welling to help always. I work here as Part-time TA while I am full-time student.
really good view
Teaching Assistant of Computer Science Department (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 24, 2018
Professors are really nice and the view is awesome!
Students are love to lean fundamental principles of advanced client side programming, responsive design, NoSQL databases, JQuery, AJAX, Web Site security, and the latest Frameworks