Stevens Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Nice ambiance, high work load, little management support.
Grants Pre-Award Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 13, 2018
Appears to be a good place to work but as a temp you limited in what you can contribute. The ambiance of the department is pleasant but it is non-stop work with rarely a chance to relax. Management does not communicate with senior managers to discuss processes for managing the high volume of proposals we have to submit.
Pros
Easy commute, nice people for the most part, never a dull moment
Cons
Management expects too much from employees without attempting to streamline processes
No advancement, poor leadership
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 2, 2018
Leadership is not transparent. Very few opportunities for advancement. People are resistant to change with the times and lack the ability to plan for the future.
Pros
not much
Cons
poor leadership, lack of advancement
Workplace with Great Benefits and Opportunities to Further Education
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 24, 2018
Generous vacation/sick time
Tuition Reimbursement was excellent
A lot of great places to eat
Pay could be a lot better
Not many opportunities for advancement
A lot of politics and bad career advancement
Researcher, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 27, 2017
A lot of politics and bad career advancement. Some of the departments have a really bad manager with a lot of unnecessary and professional drama.
Most of the times sadly you don't advance in your career due to politics and not merits.
There are some really good departments and more organized, they have a good balance in work/life; but the biggest issue is the roll on politics!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
career advancement
Decent part time job
Graduate Teaching Assistant, NJ 07030 (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 3, 2018
I feel like your salary at Stevens Institute of Technology is not enough for the cost of living in the area and this is are my thoughts. other than that the job environment is great
Do as you want
Deputy Police Chief (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 28, 2018
Stevens want people that say yes all the time no matter what is asked or told to do even if it is not the truth.
If you have a friend that needs employment the management
Will fire or move a person to make that job for a friend happen.
No loyalty to Staff or faculty
Pros
Some good people working
Cons
Cronin is out of control
Stressfull unorganized department.
Administrative Assistant (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 21, 2018
No growth opportunity, poor management, not work friendly environment. Friends were hired. Not what you know Burwood know stressful, combative work environment. No training.
Excellent work ethics and environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 6, 2018
Actively involved with executing the daily operations of the Office of Graduate Admissions. This includes supporting administrative activities, running office-related errands as well as data entry, data collection and processing.

Support the front desk as needed by providing general information to students in
person or through telephone calls.

Updating the graduate admissions website.
Fair enough work environment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 11, 2018
I work as a postdoc researcher. Working experience depends on different professor. In general, most of the professors are good.

But the management in the Howe center is bad.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
The university manange
Great Financial work ethics
Accounts Payable Accounting Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at this Institute.
Work ethics and commitment to excellence were regarded.
I had the opportunity to manage and supervise staff of four.
Upper Management were truly professionals.
Pros
High working standards
Good Master's Degree program
Master's Student (Fellow) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 9, 2018
As I was a student receiving a stipend on a DHS fellowship while attending for my Master's degree, it was a fairly relaxed environment. Outside of classes there were dozens of learning opportunities. Along the way, I met and learned from leading minds in the areas of unmanned systems, radar, acoustics, oceanography, maritime commerce, sensor technologies, additive manufacturing, and so many other areas. The professors went above and beyond in their willingness to help students learn in every conceivable area. Management tended to want graduates of the program to stay in the area and work nearby, and became less helpful when I demonstrated a desire to work elsewhere after graduation. Hardest part of the job was living in New Jersey. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning opportunities available to me. One of the internships allowed me to spend a month on an icebreaker, an amazing learning experience I would rate 12/10, highly recommend.
Pros
learning opportunities, paid for my degree
Cons
It was in New Jersey
Generally a pleasant place to work.
Executive Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJ 07030January 2, 2018
Very pleasant environment on campus and extremely student and faculty centric. Less opportunity for advancement, promotion, career growth or recognition for staff. All decision-making is highly centralized (major and minor) to the point where productivity is impacted.
Pros
Good benefits and high concern and care for employees with medical issues.
Cons
Salaries lag industry averages.
Awesome Place to be
Office Manager (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 30, 2018
I genuinely love working here. I was hired as a temp (total of 9 months) with expectations to be employed full-time. Unfortunately, they are going in other directions with the department. Nonetheless, the people I had the honor to work with were great, opening minded, and supportive towards me. There are hectic days, but those are the best days. I would recommend anyone who is looking to work here. You will not be disappointed.
Pros
The people, the work, the campus
Cons
personally - I wish they were able to keep me
Productive and fun place to work at
Lab Assistant, Hanlon Financial (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Best Place to learn.You will get hand on experience on various platforms while studying that is the most sought experience.The lab helps you with financial concepts as well.I really had a good experience while working here
Academic environment is exciting
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 2, 2018
Overall a pleasant and enjoyable place to work with a great group of people. The daily experience was different each day and I learned a great deal about the university working in the Office of the President
great community
Financial Systems Lab Supervisor and TA (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 15, 2018
Good university ,Professors and staff.
Cozy work environment with full of events and seminars. affordable dinning room and sometimes free foods.
Good university ,Professors and staff.
Learning Experience
Research Assistant, School of Business (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 8, 2018
It was a fun and Learning Experience. I was responsible for Research on a Open Source Dataset. We had to perform analysis and prediction on 2 primary actors - Developers and Contributors.
Mid-State Technical College Stevens Point PC Clinic Technician
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 21, 2018
I loved this job because of the freedom in being able to work on many different projects. I also enjoyed the access to good tools and good hardware making the projects and troubleshooting seamless. I also had access to very nice software for virus cleaning and troubleshooting hardware issues.

My supervisor was very open when it came to things like coming in late if you had school stuff to do because him being a teacher valued schoolwork over working in the PC Clinic.
Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 12, 2018
I have worked for Stevens Institute of Technology as course instructor. It's a good place to work. People are nice and you can design your course freely.
Organization going through change
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 10, 2018
The organization is going through a lot of changes but management is not keeping pace with the changes as well. The company is growing faster than they can keep pace with.
Pros
Employees are great people
Cons
Lack of overall direction, adverse to change