Stevens Institute of Technology

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Stevens Institute of Technology Pay & Benefits reviews

Its an OK place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 5, 2019
Its a pretty ok place to work. The benefits are really good. They'll pay for your education regardless of whether classes are taken there or not. They do value you, the students make it hard to be honest.
great
Grader (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 13, 2018
The professor is very nice. The work time is flexible for the grader. we can choose to work on weekdays or weekend and what time to do the job. everything is perfect.
Great Institution, doesn't pay
Graduate Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 26, 2018
Living in NJ requires much more than a $40,000 salary when the company's yearly budget is $86 million. My coworkers and I are jacks of all trades and I feel that we should be appropriately paid for the same.
Great Campus Wondeful people
Executive Assistant to CFO, VP and Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Castle Poinrt on Hudson Hoboken NJJanuary 2, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The hours were great It was fast paced and the people were very effective and efficient. I worked for the CFO and supported the finance department. I was also the receptionist. Great seeing the diversity of students that attended the Institute
Pros
Not a stressful atmosphere
Cons
No Benefits
Generally a pleasant place to work.
Executive Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJ 07030January 2, 2018
Very pleasant environment on campus and extremely student and faculty centric. Less opportunity for advancement, promotion, career growth or recognition for staff. All decision-making is highly centralized (major and minor) to the point where productivity is impacted.
Pros
Good benefits and high concern and care for employees with medical issues.
Cons
Salaries lag industry averages.
great students, poor management
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJDecember 7, 2017
They pushed out the adjuncts for PhD's for a higher rating on paper, raised the tuition very high, and decimated the enrollment. Many students went to NJIT.
Good School
Graduate Student Assistant (Software Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Good curriculum and good professor. The professors teach well and have exams too to know what students learn. Career fair for jobs is good as well. You should go there
No leadership/disregard staff
Assistant director (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 22, 2017
Upper management does little to support staff and create programs for students. Budgets are cut without explanation with ever changing procedures to get anything done. Once you learn a new procedure, it changes within a few months. HR and Finance know little to nothing of their own policies and procedures. Extremely frustrating place to work. Good benefits other than they make you pay to park on campus. Good stepping stone to learn how not to operate a university.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
Good Place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 10, 2017
A good place to work and explore oneself. Offers great opportunities to build up one's network. Highly recommended for beginners. Offers great benefits.
Excellent employer
Audit Director-Report to Audit Committee and CFO (Current Employee) –  Downtown HobokenJune 27, 2017
This organization is on the upswing, new leadership with trustworthy backbone and willing to do the right thing.

"Excellence in all we do" is the basis for all activities.
Pros
Educational benefits for self and family
Cons
commute into and out of Hoboken is unbelievably long.
Laid-Back Workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 30, 2017
I was a tutor and studio monitor at Stevens, so I was working about 8-10 hours a week in the music studio and tutoring other students taking music theory and piano classes at Stevens. With studio monitoring there was a schedule, but with tutoring it was very flexible. I was able to set the times I would work with each tutee. The jobs were relatively simple but I did have to spend a good amount of time with each tutee to make sure they understood the material.
Great People Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 12, 2017
If you love working in a matrix environment and know how to navigate through red tape, this is the place to work. What makes all the challenges tolerable are the staff and faculty. Great group of people.
Pros
time off benefits, views from main campus, low cost health premiums
Cons
no solid SOPs or Policies to follow as a new hire
Stevens Review
Assistant Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 7, 2017
There are a few benefits to my position. In the off season I have very flexible hours and can get my work done remotely if needed. It was a full time position with benefits. The biggest plus to this is that I can take advantage of tuition remission from the school and got two degrees. A masters and an MBA.
The negatives are that in season I have to work a tremendous amount of hours and have other responsibilities to the school.
Good workplace
Bowling Alley Attendant (Current Employee) –  Basement of HoweMarch 28, 2017
A typical day of work is sitting behind the desk at the bowling alley and turning on and off lanes when students want to bowl. Hours are flexible and the work is not too hard.
Pros
Easy work, flexible hours
Excellent place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 14, 2017
Work life balance is good.
Professional environment.\
Flexible hours and good staff.
Always helpful.
Being and on campus job its just awesome.
Proper meetups.
Pros
FIexi working hours, Work life Balance 10/10
Cons
less salary compare to other departments
Very good experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 24, 2017
It was fun to work and my manager knew how to get things done so really enjoyed it. There was never a problem of delayed payment and the benefits were great.
Great work environment
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 21, 2017
Students are given a chance to learn while making money. The employers are very flexible with timings and trained me well. I'm also given an opportunity to explore the jobs I'm interested in.
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
no perks
Excellent job to hold as a student on campus
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 11, 2016
I've been an RA for Stevens for 3 years and have enjoyed all of them. You get to help students grow in their college careers, run programs, and help them grow as individuals as well. They also compensate you with free housing and a free meal plan in exchange for your services. All in all you save around $15,000 per year.