Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Pay/miles not consistant enough.
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Lease operator. Fast paced work environment with long periods of down time. Pay is ok but not consistant enough. Great place to start out with pretty good training
September 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review and feedback about your experience driving and training for Stevens Transport. We are glad you have had an overall positive experience here. Please contact Bonnie Dorsey, our Director of the Contract Division, for any help or your business advisor to formulate a plan to help improve your income consistency.

Low pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
1)Signed 1 year work agreement & loan for over $6,000 to OBTAIN my CDL & OTR TRAINING.
2) To obtain CDL Training is 3-4 weeks. This training is NOT paid training.
3)Had wait couple WEEKS after completing 3 day Orientation in Dallas due SHORTAGE of available TRAINERS.
4)Once start OTR 6 WEEKS training students required drive 240 hours within 6 weeks. However students drive way MORE than 240 hours during 6 weeks Yet you still ONLY get paid $450-500 a week. STUDENTS are NOT paid CENTS PER MILE only DAILY rate around $56 per day REGARDLESS that student is driving 500 plus MILES A DAY !!!
5)Trainer/Contractor focused on MILES. Not SAFETY, not TELLING/SHOWING nor giving student HANDS ON TRAINING EXPERIENCE beside driving 18 wheeler FORWARD point A/B. TRAINER/CONTRACTORS 8/10 will BACK truck to DOCK and OR at TRUCK STOP not student..
6)Stevens & Trainer/Contractor focused on MILES and making MONEY not TRAINING!!!
Pros
Obtain my CDL
Cons
Owe over $6, 000 CDL loan/training, Did NOT get training I was promised nor signed up for!
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you feel your experience was not what you had anticipated. We have been training successful drivers for decades, and our training program is the most comprehensive in the industry. Our focus is on setting you up for success and sending out safe, responsible, well-prepared drivers on their career path. Trucking is not for everyone. For anyone interested in driving for Stevens Transport, please call our recruiting department at 800-333-8595. Our team will provide you with accurate, specific information.

Great company to work for
OVER THE ROAD DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Start of the day had to pre-trip truck then start driving to destiation on time.Hardest part of the job was traffic but it was rewarding. Then at the end of the day had to post-trip my truck. The most enjoyable of the job was the travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not being home alot
September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your excellent review about your time driving for Stevens Transport. We are glad you found the overall experience rewarding and that you enjoyed the travel -- it's a great way to see the country, even though it means being on the road and away from home. We appreciate your service and wish you the best in your next career move.

Awesome
Driver CDL (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Tough but fair comes to mind for myself. Trained and received CDL-A with Stevens. I have personal reasons for not being there right now. I would definitely return.
Pros
safety
Cons
pay
September 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your great review and excellent feedback about your training with Stevens Transport. We look forward to your possible return and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Difficult for the New Family Man
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Easy but stressful being away from family for long periods of time. Always driving and delivering. I would do it again once my kids are older. If you have a family and they want you home all the time this isn't the work for you.
Pros
The pay is always there when expected
Cons
Not enough time at home for a family person
September 13, 2018

We really appreciate you sharing your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We completely understand that is it hard to be away from your family for periods of time, especially with younger children. The timing has to be right to fit your lifestyle. If you decide to return to driving in the future when your kids are older, we hope that you will consider rejoining our team. Thank you again for your review and service, and we wish you the best.

another review
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
they dont pay you what you deserve. they do have new equipment all the time and a good shop. if you want to work for dirt then go here. they dont pay you
September 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time working for Stevens Transport. We have countless drivers who have made a successful living with our company and are sorry this was not your personal experience. We have many resources available to help our drivers create plans to increase their income and develop their business. We appreciate your time driving for Stevens and wish you the best in your next career move.

Not good
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
The management sucks there at Steven's transport,not making no real money like they say you would as a alliance contractor.some of the people are rude,and don't care what you are going thru
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with Stevens Transport. We are sorry you have not felt as supported as we strive to make all of our drivers feel. Many of our independent contractors are very successful and have completed multiple leases. The independent contractor program is not for everyone. It's a big commitment and hard work. However, if you follow the proven Stevens formula you can do very well. Just about every Stevens contractor started as an entry-level driver and has worked their way up taking advantage of all Stevens has to offer. Please contact Bonnie Dorsey, Director if the Contractor Division for any help or your business advisor to formulate a plan to help improve your income as it is possible.

Over the road
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2018
September 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and input about being an OTR driver. You are right. It is not for everyone and the lifestyle and timing has to align with your family priorities. We are glad you had a positive experience with Stevens Transport, and hope that if you decide to return to driving when your kids are older that you will consider rejoining our team.

My first company make me want to leave trucking all together...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This was my first Company, and we all have to start somewhere. Just wish it wasn't here. much better company's that i'd Recommend, such as Schneider. Much better training Program. and much better benefits.
September 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have the type of experience driving for Stevens that you had anticipated. We have a very robust benefits package as well as a comprehensive training program; however, we always welcome suggestions on what we could improve upon at feedback@stevenstransport.com. We wish you luck in your next career move.

It was okay working at Stevens
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
I could say i learned a lot work for Stevens Transport the people around there are pretty up forward with you. I also feel that it would be a great start there for anybody who trying to get in the trucking
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your driving experience with Stevens Transport. We appreciate it and are glad that you have found the training to be so beneficial and a great place for anyone entering the trucking industry.

Poor pay not given miles
LONG DISTANCE CDL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
This company lacks pay lies and says you will be making 1200-2000 per week, in reality, you are making less than 500 per week, in which you are responsible to pay for everything on the truck which makes no sense as you do not lease or own it. this company offers lousy benefits horrible pay and rarely gives you miles to drive They lie about bonuses saying if you load or unload you will receive extra compensation, if your safe driver or save gas you will receive extra compensation, this is all a lie I did all of this went above and beyond was one of the best drivers I received nothing I received literally less than 500 per week which is pathetic.
Pros
will hire non experienced drivers
Cons
low pay, low benefits, poor healthcare, poor pay, no bonus
August 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with Stevens Transport. We are sorry you have been frustrated with your personal success here. Many of our independent contractors are very successful and have completed multiple leases. Drivers have the option to do a lease purchase. Drivers also have the option to do an outright purchase once they complete a lease using Stevens in-house financing with no credit check. Stevens has over 800 drivers on the lease purchase and over 300 owner operators. The independent contractor program is not for everyone, it’s a big commitment and hard work, however, if you follow the proven Stevens formula you can do very well. Just about every Stevens contractor started as an entry-level driver and has worked their way up taking advantage of all Stevens has to offer.

Please contact Bonnie Dorsey, Director if the Contractor Division for any help or your business advisor to formulate a plan to help improve your income as it can be done.

Too many chiefs not enough indians
Driver (Former Employee) –  TxAugust 15, 2018
It's every man for themselves no team work it's totally about students and freight but not Senior drivers that help get the company to where it currently is
Pros
If you hustle you make money
Cons
Everyone is for themselves
August 17, 2018

We are very sorry you did not experience the teamwork atmosphere and culture we strive to provide at Stevens Transport. Although it might not have been your personal experience, we truly value our senior drivers and know that our drivers are the backbone of our company and our most important asset. We appreciate your time as part of the Stevens Transport family and wish you the best in your next career move.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
Waiting for a raise (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
Owners of the company don't seem to realize that the mid management is largely incompetent. Too many yes men just trying to last another day or serving their current interests instead of looking at how their decisions effect the company or other departments. Raises are held for months before being applied to your pay, despite being approved. There's a reason why maintenance directors quit every 2 years or less. The internal politics of a family owned company applied to a nigh billion dollar operation. No shareholders to answer to.
Pros
They'll hire anyone
Cons
They'll hire anyone.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We value employee input in order to continually improve and provide the best working environment in the industry. We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced in the past and encourage you to speak with your supervisor or our Human Resources Manager to help resolve any current issues you are experiencing.

Great people in my department
Driver Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
I enjoy working with the people that are in my department. We have become a hard working department everyone works well together to complete the daily work task at hand. We are on a daily time schedule and all work together to complete work in a timely manner.
August 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and your willingness to share your thoughts about your very hard-working department at Stevens Transport. Teamwork is a critical part of a successful working environment. We are so glad you enjoy the cohesiveness and productivity of your team and appreciate your hard work to ensure payroll runs smoothly. Keep up the great work!

Professional work place
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
Stevens transport was a wonderful work place well organized professional management break rooms always showing the appreciation of their employees great job
August 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your excellent review about your experience working for Stevens Transport. We are glad you found our company to be such a wonderful place to work and that you felt appreciated as an employee. That is what we strive for. Thank you again for your service and good luck in your next career move.

Long Haul Team Truck Driver/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
I started with Stevens in 05 before all the new advancements in the Truck driving industry. All truck are now going to auto with navigation and easy access to load information. I raised my family at Stevens and when last one left home wife joined the family here at Stevens. I have just left to come help my mother with my father who just turned 80 or I would still be there.
Loved this job and company
Pros
Lots of long term employee
Cons
Long days
August 13, 2018

We are so glad that you had such a long-term, positive experience working for Stevens Transport and that working for Stevens was a family affair for you! We appreciate your decision to leave to help your parents You are always welcome to return to the Stevens family in the future.

Easy work transporting frozen food
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
You drive along freeways mostly. Pick up deliveries from one business and take them to another business. Management was helpful. Since you are by yourself there really isn't a workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is bad weather conditions. The most enjoyable part is the freedom to work as little or as much as you want to in a day.
Pros
See the COUNTRY
Cons
Loneliness, showers aren't readily available
August 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback about your time driving for Stevens Transport. We appreciate your kind words about our management team and glad you enjoyed the freedom and flexibility. We agree. It is a great way to see the country. We wish you the best wherever your next chapter takes you.

Scam for new drivers
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2018
No communication whatsoever at this company. They started me out at low pay per mile out of grad class. To boot, they take so much out of your pay per week even with the low pay. The dispatchers are rude and nasty to you when you have to call them. Don’t even think about leasing a truck it will not go well for you. While I was in the alliance program, they screwed up a 2800 mile week for me to the point of netting $76.00. Now can you actually live a whole week with that kind of money? Overall it’s a scam all around.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Low pay, not much home time.
August 7, 2018

We are very sorry you felt you were not treated with the care and respect we strive to provide to all of our drivers. That is certainly never our intention as our drivers are our most important asset. We would be happy to personally address your individual situation if you would like to provide more specifics. You can email us at feedback@stevenstransport.com and someone will get back with you very soon.

Well rounded job. Enjoyed the workplace for the most part .
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 5, 2018
Enjoyed the workplace . Wasn't much room to grow in the company . Wanted more time with family due to location it was difficult to get that . I enjoyed the work I did overall .
August 7, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Stevens Transport. We are glad that overall, you enjoyed your time with our company. We understand how important family time is and wish you luck in your next position.

Good stepping stone for further advancement
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2018
Stevens Transport definitely values safety. I respect that. However, I feel that they do not pay their solo drivers enough. Nonetheless, they are more respectable than what most other companies make them out to be.
August 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time driving for Stevens Transport. Safety is our top priority so we are glad that value was aligned with your experience here. We strive to compensate our drivers fairly in a competitive market. We appreciate you and are glad your overall experience with Stevens Transport was a positive one. We wish you luck in your next career move.