Stevens Transport
48Low

Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

United States824 reviews
Featured review
Stevens Transport selected this as a representative review
Overall a great company.
Stevens transport thrives in the success if their drivers. They are behind their drivers every step of the way. Being a training company, they strive to ensure high quality training to those new to the transportation industry and for those that are looking for better opportunities. They offer a variety of programs flexible to individual needs. Overall, a great company to work for.
July 30, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your five-star feedback and excellent review. We are so happy you had such a positive experience driving for Stevens Transport. We appreciate your time driving for our company and wish you the best in your next career move.
Don't do it!!!! Lots of lectures and covering their butt paperwork
but no actual hands on training.
Stevens Transports basic training is one step removed from throwing you the keys to a truck and saying figure it out. Expect to run for weeks only living off the advances you get on Mondays and Thursdays, about 80-100 dollars a week. The equipment was much better then my current company but that is about all I can say good about this company.
May 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Our training program is the most comprehensive in the industry and we have had thousands of drivers make their long-term careers driving for us. We are sorry Stevens Transport was not a good fit for you.
Not good
There are alot of better trucking companies out there I dont like working for them because they are unorganized and there loads dont be ready for recieving
May 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. At Stevens Transport our drivers are our most important asset. We would be happy to address your concerns, but with an anonymous review that is not possible. Please feel free to reach out to our HR Director at HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com so that we may assist you if possible.
Great company to work for.
If you are a motivated, hardworking, and a professional driver you will make money here. Great equipment, family environment, I am glad I started with this company I learned a lot
May 10, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent feedback about driving OTR for Stevens Transport. We are so glad you had a positive experience here and wish you luck in your driving career.
company hauled cold food product
This company is where I got me start, they paid for my school and I had to complete a 6 month agreement to pay for schooling...I really loved this job, but as with other trucking companies go, they are equally unpleasant. I wasn't trained adequately and they has some serious help in the PR department....I did like this job, however this HUB was in Dallas, I wanted something closer
April 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry that driving for Stevens Transport did not work out for you as you were looking for something closer to home. We wish you luck in your driving career.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
work place
@ Stevens Tranport it's afast paced work place that your just a number at your work place due to them being such a giant carrier. the pros are the work schudles and the tem you work with on your shift. Cons our just a number and trying to get a meeting with your lead or supervisor is like pulling teeth. and waiting for a response on your request takes a very long time.
April 23, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry driving for Stevens Transport did not work out for you and wish you luck in your next career move.
Good
Make on time delivers , the customer comes first. And always do everything safe as possible. It is a very good company to start your trucking experience
April 21, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share you excellent feedback about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We appreciate it and thank you for keeping America moving today and every day!
Everything but management
When I interviewed every person asked me can I handle pressure and could I deal with strict constructive criticism. I answered yes to all of them but I had no idea what I was getting into. The training was horrible because right after I started the Call Center mgr quit without giving notice. My first week there were two people who quit so no one in the department knew what to do. I eventually picked up on the role and begin to learn. As time went on the demands of mgt were really unobtainable with all of the daily task you had to complete including your major function. Like previous post it company is ok in it's self the role is not hard but management is too involved in all departments.
Pros
Food Trucks, free breakfast once a month
Cons
Management, short breaks, micro-mgt
April 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry Stevens Transport was not a good fit for you and wish you the best in your next career move.
Great training, kept on the move
Great training and support, newer trucks well maintained,
Good miles/pay for company driver

Better miles/pay for contractor

Best miles/pay for owner operator

Electronic logs
April 11, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We appreciate it and are so glad you had such a great experience with Stevens Transport.
A pretty decent company
Stevens Transport has an impeccable training program and if they don’t have anything the one thing that makes them stand out is their training program and big infuses on safety. I’d recommend them to anyone who wants to be trained probably and not go through a 2 week training course that some companies offer
April 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your review and feedback about our impeccable training program at Stevens Transport. We truly appreciate it and are glad you were able to set yourself up for a successful driving career.
Not like it used to be
If you're up for over the road trucking and want consistent work, refrigerated freight is the way to go. Stevens has good training, good trainers. They have since upgaded their pay for a dedicated fleet I ran with in the Eastern third of the country consistently good pay. Check it out. I liked their OTR routes, Midwest to Northeast. Back to Laredo. Variety.
April 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We truly appreciate it and wish you luck in your driving career.
Stop sending people there
It was a complete waist of a drivers time. If your lazy don’t want to work then this is the perfect place for you. If you have experience then this is not the place for you. If your a company driver Expect to only make 18,000 a year and no home time after grad time.
April 1, 2020
We are sorry that Stevens Transport was not a good fit for you and wish you luck in your driving career.
N/a
Not a good company nothing good to say about this company student our beginners stay away company steals employees money talks to employees like trash doesn’t answer phones just overall bad company
Worst company to drive for ever!
If I could of rated this company 0 I would of! Worst company ever to drive for! Before I went to work for the company and I saw mixed reviews. I thought maybe this company isn’t so bad. Boy oh boy, was I wrong! They play favorites, lie to you, make everything better than it really is. Once you work for them they nickel and dime you. They make you pay for the hotel you stay at, which they own! They make you pay for the food, which they feed you! If you get into any kind of accident they make your pay their deductible! They don’t let you run the miles, they play favorites.
March 28, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry Stevens Transport was not a good fit for you and wish you luck in your next career move.
They will do everything to bring you down.
Feeling a overwhelming sense of dread....started ok but now not making money due to not getting paid properly.Always something wrong with pay.Does not pay for breakdown,I doubt they'll reimburse me for time at hotel too while waiting on repairs. Lost home,car,everything.I wish I never started doing this cause anything I do now will make no difference...my life is over,I am homeless and forever in debt to this company and feel lost. I will forever be doomed to live on this truck cause no one else will hire me.......it is all over.
March 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We want to reach out to you right away to help but have no way to contact you as the review is anonymous. Please reach out to our HR Director ASAP at HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com so that we may assist you.
basically get sent as far away from your home as possible.
If you live someplace like New York, they keep you in places like Louisiana/Arizona, and if you live somewhere like Louisiana, they’ll keep you in places like New Jersey/New York m. It’s like they try and keep you as far as possible away from where you live f oh r some weird reason. When your home timers coming up, they’ll act like there aren’t any loads going towards your home. Never fails
Pros
Good FIRST company to learn the road but never to make a career out of
Cons
Once you leave, and get another CDL Job. IRS coming for your you
March 20, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We make every effort to accommodate our driver associates and their hometime/routes. Due to the nature of our industry, this is not always possible. If you would like to reach out to our HR Director to address any issues, please contact HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.
My experience with stevens transport was as bad as ever
My experience with stevens transport was horrible the weekly pay was as low as 300 to 500 dollars a week that can't even pay house rent or car insurance as a cdl otr driver i was complaining every week about this and they told me it's because I'm a company driver which was a complete lies i work for Steven transport for 2&half years before i left.good thing is after i left there were good opportunity with better smiling pay job
March 20, 2020
CDL Starter
Wouldnt recommend this for a start cdl position the dispatch, fuel dept, and driver manager will talk to you like trash they care nothing about you. If you already are with them and wished you hadn't at least get your yr experience in cdl then find something else.
Pros
Cons
Talked to like trash.
March 18, 2020
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not have the type of experience at Stevens Transport we strive to provide all of our drivers, who are our number one priority and the backbone of our company. We wish you luck in your next career move.
Good training/ but your a number
They will train you well to be safe. Tight tolerance to safety with their equipment.
They could care less about the drivers safety; they talk like they do; but if the equipment is unsafe and you tell them it is. I took a small 20 video to prove unsafe truck. Instead I was reprimanded about the video than the safety of the truck
Terrible people
Distrustful. Deceitful lies .low pay disrespectful. Arrogant. Intimidation
Untrustful. Like hurding cattle.

Safety dept has hidden agenda

They prefer to hire homosexuals only and just because upper management prefers this lifestyle it shouldn't be encouraged by them for all.
My perfect job
Its my best experience no issues at all i got out by personal matters but im trying to get back good school trainers instructors and driver’s managers with the best benefits for the driver and family.
February 20, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience at Stevens Transport and hope that you will be back on board and part of the Stevens family.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Transport. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5