Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

Should have went with my intuition and left during training
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2019
I'm going to keep it simple... I'm a hard working person. Don't complain and do my job at 100%.. They will use and abuse you... Probably drove more miles empty than loaded... If you don't train or enroll in their lease program, THEY WILL DO YOU BAD!!! And that is FACTS...
Pros
They will show you how grimy the trucking industry is
Cons
Grimy
February 18, 2019

We are sorry you felt frustrated with your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We have thousands of success stories from drivers who have made lifelong careers here as company drivers. We wish you the best in your next career move.

One of my favorite places to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 14, 2019
This one was one of my absolute favorite places to work. The employees become like family and management will take care of you, even if you don't necessarily deserve it. I loved it here, I didn't want to leave but had for personal reasons. They pay you well, what you're worth and they take the time to train you properly instead of throwing you the wolves and hoping you'll survive. They also back you up as an employee in the event a mistake was made, as much as they can anyway. Truly a great place to work, and if you can look beyond the politics of business (you deal with this at any company you work) I believe you will be happy here. This is a company you can make your lifetime career. I would still be there today if it was possible for me.
Pros
Salary, management, training, support, peers
Cons
working every other Sat (but at least it was only for half the day)
February 15, 2019

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback about your experience working for Stevens Transport. We are so glad you felt so supported and received comprehensive training. We wish you the best of luck in your next career move and appreciate your service to our company.

Great starter company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
They have a driving school to get one started behind the wheel. Great for earning those first few years experience to get on with the more lasting career oriented companies, but pay is not very competitive past 2 or 3 years on the road.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your time driving for Stevens Transport. We are so glad you had an overall positive experience here. We have had thousands of long-term drivers who have stayed with Stevens throughout their entire driving careers. We appreciate your time driving for our company and wish you the best in your new endeavor.

Great Company
COMMERCIAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I honestly love working for Stevens. The trucks are nice even if you don't lease. I started my career with them and was put in a new Freightliner Cascadia. The Yard is full of great people that just want to help you do your job. I got to see the U.S. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Got to see the lower 48.
February 11, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your excellent feedback about your driving experience with Stevens Transport. We truly appreciate it and are so glad you have been able to see so much of our beautiful country. Our drivers are the backbone of our company, and we are happy to provide the best equipment on the road.

Worse place to start your career
Contractor (Former Employee) –  OTR driverFebruary 3, 2019
Only been in the industry for 18 months, these people messed up my whole career. I was involved in only one accident and on my DAC report these people put 8 accidents. Eventhough these were NONDOT recordable, they still put them on record as accidents. And they know that all other companies look at that record without asking questions deny you the job because of those false claims of accidents. I don't recommend any new drivers to go to this company, and to go to the safety department every time on the yard and check their accident record. These people put any BS on there. They have a bunch of incompetent older folks in the safety department who don't care about you. They just want to show some productivity level. And they do it by making stuff up about the drivers. Be very CAREFUL if you decide to go to this company.
Pros
Cons
Bad safety administration
February 5, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. Unfortunately, without any way to look into your specific situation, it is hard to give you a detailed response. If you would like to provide us with more details, we would be happy to look into it further and welcome the opportunity to assist you. You can reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com at your earliest convenience and we would be happy to assist you personally. In addition, as a CDL holder, you have the right and opportunity via DAC to dispute any claim.

Dont work for this company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Worst company to work for all they care about is the money and not their employees.. I also recommend anyone wanting to get their cdl to go get it somewhere else that doesn’t have you sign a contract or somewhere that’s giving you more training pay and that’s not having you stay in a cheap hotel for weeks at a time waiting for a trainer
February 5, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are very sorry you feel our company did not care about your experience. That could not be further from the truth as our drivers are the backbone of our company and our most valuable asset. If you would like to send more details regarding your personal situation, we would be happy to address them with you. Please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

Needs work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Good learning experience very good otr traning to learn and you will will progress out there. Training was long learn but u will have good tips and ..
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Bad management at times
January 31, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and for sharing your feedback about your OTR driving experience with Stevens Transport. Our training is comprehensive as safety is our number one priority, but as you mentioned, our drivers are well prepared. We pride ourselves on providing a positive work environment and giving our drivers the support they need. If you are experiencing any concerns, we would welcome the opportunity to address them with you. Feel free to reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

My trainer was not good, and the company did not care.
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2019
I was excited to get my CDL and drive over the road, but after being with a trainer for 3 months, only driving forward (we never practiced backing), I was disappointed in the company's lack of care, when I told them about this.
January 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. The experience you described is not the experience we strive to provide for all of our drivers and certainly does not align with the high standard of our rigorous training program. In order to more fully understand your situation and the address the issues you experienced, please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

Never had a safety issue or accident but they put unsatisfactory on my DAC report
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I was a company driver for 3 months then I tried to lease program it would well for the first month after that dispatch didn't care about you getting miles most of the time I will repower someone else load that ran out of hours just to go 30 or a hundred miles then sit at a Walmart DC for more than 5 hours they start you out $0.30 a mile the lowest pay in the industry when I left after a year they did not try to give me a payment plan for the school they charged me eight grand for they say they just put a straight right away in collections and put it on my credit report then send bad things to my DAC report as well when I was a loyal driver even when I was leasing there were weeks where I break even and bring home no money just enough to pay for the truck and fuel I do not recommend this company
Good luck to you if you want to take the chance
I will not recommend a trucking company sending you to CDL School if you want to get your CDL check your local Community College most likely it will be only $400. what Stevens Transport charge you will have to work for them five years to pay off the tuition
Pros
New equipment, travel
Cons
Low pay, they make more money off the drivers than they do their loads
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Trucking is a very rewarding career, but it is not for everyone. We start our inexperienced, new drivers out at 36 cents per mile. Stevens Driver Academy offers 160 hours of in-depth training before you get your CDL and 240 hours behind-the-wheel training with an experienced driver. Safety of our drivers is our #1 priority. We are the fourth largest trucking company in North America and have employed hundreds of successful drivers. Stevens Transport helps you pay off your loan and offers options to pay it off early with less interest for our leasing program. DAC gives you the option to dispute anything reported. We do wish you the best of luck in your next career move and are sorry things did not work out for you at Stevens Transport.

Otr refer
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Good to only get experience and leave, OK trainers. Not enough pay for someone wanting to support a family. Only way to make money is either being a contractor and trainer.
Pros
Cons
Being away from family
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We have thousands of drivers who have made their career here driving OTR, and we have had two significant pay increases for our drivers in 2018. We have resources to help drivers with issues they may be experiencing and to help set them up for successful driving careers. We wish you the best of luck in your new situation.

Worse Job I Have Ever Woke Up For
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2019
PLEASE, do not apply, consider, think or even have a thought that this company will be a good fit for you. The company only cares about those who kiss butt and listen in a fashion of submitting. I was there for 6 months and was not trained properly. My direct manager was pretty good he was a great humble guy, but he was the manager in name only. An employee/subordinate to the named manager was the one with decision making ability, he was a pompous arrogant narcissist! You are not expected to take breaks, they prefer you not take lunch, and if you need to stay late you better!! If you do not do any of those things they will bring it up to you. You must be ready to kiss butt and allow anyone with tenure talk AT you, not to you. Talk to you in disrespectful tones, condescending word choices. If you dare stand up for yourself you will be blacklisted and looked trouble maker. The environment is not good the culture is horrible.

I beg you, please do not set your alarm clock to go to this job the next day!!
Pros
They gave you office supplies you needed.
Cons
Everything about this place is a con.
January 21, 2019

We are very sorry for the frustration you felt you experienced while working here. That is certainly not the work environment we strive to provide or the experience we want our employees to have. Our Human Resources Director would welcome the opportunity to discuss your personal situation with you in more detail if you would be willing to reach out to her at HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com

Roll on safely
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
When sitting at a truck stop on break. You'll notice most drivers don't do a PTI. When doing brake checks at mountain passes. You'll notice most drivers don't stop to check their brakes. Here at Stevens Transport we emphasize safety. I chose this company because, Steven's safety record was impressive. And, the training program was longer than most. Both those factors lead me to believe my safety was a concern for my company, not just myself. I feel safe driving down the highway with my superior training and my well maintenanced rig. I am still glad I chose Stevens Transport. And I am not a paid spokesman. Roll on.
February 18, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. As you know, safety is our top priority, and we appreciate that you value safety as much as we do. Keep up the great work, and we are proud to have you as part of the Stevens Transport family.

Driver Manager Operations Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Transportation is a stressful field to work in but you will find that everyone is willing to coach and assist you in learning your role and mentor you.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback about your experience as a Team Leader at Stevens Transport. We are so glad you always feel supported here and we appreciate you letting us know.

Stevens Transport Driver and Trainer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Stevens Transport is a great place to work, I enjoy my job as a driver and never feel pressured to do more than I feel comfortable with. Safety is a priority here and I've never had an issue with concerns I have raised regarding any issues I've encountered along the road. My driver manager and business counselor have been very quick and accomdating when resolving any problems while in the road or at home. I am very happy to work here and do not feel the need to seek opportunity elsewhere after 2 years of comfort.
February 17, 2019

Thank you for your excellent feedback and taking the time to leave us your review and comments. We appreciate it and are so glad you have had such a positive experience with your driver manager and business counselor. Keep up the great work.

Hard work breeds success.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
With a burning desire for success you can be in control of your own destiny. Stevens Transport hands you the opportunity. The question you have to ask yourself is, are you willing to sacrifice hard work for financial stability and success.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and thoughts about driving for Stevens Transport. We agree. The opportunity and support are there for you if you are willing to put in the work and focus on success. Our drivers are the backbone of our company, and we truly appreciate you.

OTR Trainer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Stevens has been a great company to work for. Like all companies it has it's ups and downs.
But I couldn't have found a better place to start and continue my career.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience as an OTR Trainer for Stevens Transport. We appreciate your thoughts and service to our company. We look forward to having you on the team for many years to come.

Over the road trucking company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Stevens Transport is a good company if you like the over the road experience and travel. The pay is fair and they help you with maintenance discounts if you are an owner operator. Communication about your dispatch can be improved.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. It sounds like you have had an overall positive experience driving for Stevens Transport. If you have any specific feedback you would like to share regarding communication with dispatch, we would be happy to personally address it with you. You can email feedback@stevenstransport.com.

My experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Stevens transport is a great company to work for, providing plenty of miles. The safety department will have the drivers back as long as they are following company policy, also they have your back when it comes to weather related shutdowns as long as it’s reasonable ie.( not driving in icy conditions, if you don’t feel safe they have your back. But don’t expect them to go along with shutting down for iced roads in Florida. ) this October I’m coming up on 10 years, the last company I drove for I was there 11 months before they broke my bottom line I won’t mention who they are.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing your honest feedback about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We are proud to have you be a part of our family for nearly 10 years. Safety is our top priority as you know, and we are always here to assist our drivers through various road conditions.

Good Place to Work for people who want to work
Customer Service Representative - Hershey Onsite (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Work hard and have pride in what you do - life is good. Don't expect to be paid for not doing nothing. Most companies expect the same. If you show you want to grow you will be able to.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback about your experience as a customer service representative for Stevens Transport. We appreciate it and agree that hard work does pay off and there is always room to grow here.

stevens
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
great training they will teach you how to do it right. the pay has improved but still not where it should be for what we Give up. we are still paid less than anybody i have searched for after are 20% pay increase .management has made great improvements and they are trying but I still feel they don't need me or care if I stay or go, they have plenty of students and inexperienced drivers to take my place. i stay at stevens because switching company's is a major pain and I feel comfortable with what I'm doing. if I wanted to make real money or advance my career I would leave. I honestly am just trying to find something else to do with my life because trucking takes your whole life away from you. all you do is work work work and no play.
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. OTR is not for everyone. It’s a lifestyle that can yield you a career and afford you and your family many opportunities. But it’s not for everyone. We are happy to address any concerns you may have if you would like to reach out to feedback@stevenstransport.com. Thank you for your service and years driving for Stevens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Transport. Our community is ready to answer.