Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

Not a family oriented place
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  DallasNovember 18, 2018
They would rather keep you away from your family and ignore your home time request.
They are one of the lowest paid trucking jobs out there but they are very big of safety.
Pros
Lots of miles. Great schooling. Big on safety.
Cons
Underpaid and lack of home time
Great Introduction to the Industry
OTR Truck Driver/ Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
I started with Stevens Transport through their schooling in Dallas, their driving school was hard work. Some days it felt like we weren’t really learning much, but after it’s all done you will quickly realise that you have gotten the best training in the industry. Once driving with Stevens Transport I had many ups and downs as this can be one of the most stressful careers in the world. I left the company out of anger, and moved on to advance my career. However, I still fully recommend Stevens Transport to anyone looking for a job or wanting to get great training. I would even return to Stevens if I found myself in need of a job.
Pros
The ability to see all 48 and Canada. Great Training. Great People.
Cons
Still being governed at 64 after gaining experience.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 15, 2018
Is a good place to get your trucking Career going . Work OTR for 2 1/2 yrs over the road trainer and a yr on the yard as a safety Instructor........
Great Place to work at.
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Great pay for beginner truck pay. they had good trainers. They had good equipment, and they maintain it well. They had a good school as well.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience driving OTR for Stevens Transport. We truly appreciate it and are glad that you found our CDL school, training program, pay and equipment to be top notch.

Good training company
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
Stevens transport is an excellent training company. So if you plan on getting your class a cdl I recommend going thru Stevens transport to get it. They have an excellent training program
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your excellent feedback about our training program and CDL school. We are glad you are part of our training team.

Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
Low pay not enough to live off of if you’re young and trying to make it in life they’re trying to program is excellent but somewhat stressful from all the requirements they require from you
November 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We do have a rigorous and comprehensive training program in place so that our drivers are prepared, and we have recently increased driver pay across the board. We appreciate your time driving for us and wish you the best of luck in your new situation.

Great starting company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
Great place to get your CDL and initial training. Hard to balance work and home time. Competitive pay, great benefits, and they have the freight/ contracts.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your time driving for Stevens Transport. While it can be challenging to balance work and home time, it is possible. We are glad you have had a positive experience with our CDL school and training program. Thanks for being a part of our team. We appreciate you.

Stevens Transport
OTR Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2018
Stevens Transport is a great place to go for training and gain your CDL. For anyone who is looking to gain a CDL should attend Stevens Transport. and u get to travel a lot.
Pros
travel to 48 states and canada
Cons
away from home too long.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and compliments about our driving school at Stevens Transport. We are glad you are enjoying your OTR career and getting to travel and see the country.

Good place to learn about driving and Tractor and Trailer
OTR Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Every day was great.
I learned a lot more about driving big rigs.
The Management was great.
Work place was a great place.
The hardest part is just driving for weeks over the road.
The greatest part was meeting people all over the U.S.
Pros
Get to stay in your sleeper cabin
Cons
Long over the road driving
November 4, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about driving for Stevens Transport. We truly appreciate it and are glad you have enjoyed seeing the country, meeting people all over the United States and our positive work environment.

Horrible
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
My overall experience was bad they can't keep promises and they sell a lot of dreams I've gone from a company driver to a contracted driver within a month in a half and I've remained a contracted driver the remainder of the yr I literally stay out 3 months at a time and was only able to bring home 3,000 after all expenses were paid I can go on and on my advice for upcoming drivers choose wisely
October 31, 2018

We are sorry you did not have the positive experience that thousands of drivers have had driving OTR for Stevens Transport. We strive to help our employees with their schedules to allow for as much home time as possible and provide business resources to help with maximizing take-home pay. We wish you luck in your next career opportunity and are sorry your experience with Stevens was not what you anticipated.

good first hands on experience
Fleet Manager Contractor Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXOctober 28, 2018
their training program at the time was too short and I ended up asking questions that my questions that my trainer should have answer during training.
October 31, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your time working for Stevens Transport. Our training program is one of the most comprehensive in the industry and we are always willing to address whatever questions or concerns arise before, during or after training. We are glad that your overall experience was positive and wish you luck in your next endeavor.

Micromanagement
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 26, 2018
Micromanagement.The managers (DMOL's) select and implement processes and procedures not for business reasons but rather to enable themselves to feel useful and valuable and/or create the appearance of being so, they lack the competence and creative capability necessary for their position. l Walking on eggshells not knowing if you come in the next morning having a job. Training is terrible. The hardest part of the job is keeping drivers happy when they are not happy with the career they choose. A lot of negativity not from only the drivers, but unhappy employees. Huge turnover not only for drivers, but office staff as well. Giving ANY feed back of concerns, comments or questions does not go any where.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that fielding concerns or negative feedback from drivers can be a challenging part of the job and is not the career choice for everyone. Thank you for your time working for Stevens Transport. We wish you luck in your next career move.

Ort
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
This job has you going to all 48 states and traveling in and off the main roads the job also have you loading and unloading trailers at wee hours in the morning
October 26, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. Getting to travel the country and visit all 48 states is one of the unique benefits of the truck driving industry. Stevens is an 80% no-touch freight company. We are glad you enjoyed it and had a positive experience driving for Stevens Transport. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Bad middle magement
Regional Driver Development HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2018
Stay clear of this company. Employees are just a number and are expendable. Keep looking especially if you are a driver. The company wants you to get the job done no matter if you suffer.
Pros
From Texas
Cons
management and upper management unprofessional
October 24, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback, but are sorry to hear your experience here was not as positive as you anticipated. Our employees are the backbone of our company, and our drivers are our most important asset. It is never our intention for anyone to feel like a number or expendable, so we apologize if you felt that way at Stevens Transport. We wish you the best in your next career move.

Not disabled veteran friendly
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
They are a great training school... but horrible trucking company.

The pay is low, their medical teams are redundant and at time counter productive. If you are a disabled veteran which require medication, they may take you off the road. There is no communication between safety and the managers or dispatch. they are the type of company which will tell you to not take risks due to safety hazards, but then aggressively argue to maintain their delivery tables.
The recruiters are disingenuous with their lease programs and miles, their medical benefits are simply horrible for not paying doctors, and if you are injured they have you sign away your ability to get workman's compensation
Pros
Great training program
Cons
Low pay, long hours, sleep apnea and lease scams
October 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you felt your experience driving for Stevens Transport did not match your expectations. We have the utmost respect for our veterans and have a comprehensive veteran’s program that has supported thousands of military veterans for the past 37 years. We were recently named employer of the year by the Veterans Association. If there are particulars of your personal situation you would like to address, please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@stevenstransport.com with your best contact information. We wish you the best of luck in your next career move and thank you for your service to our country.

DRIVER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
Steven's is a good company to work for as long as you have a good driver manager. With the right DM you will keep rolling and make money. But if not you will sit alot.
Pros
Job Security advancements
Cons
Bad Driver Managers, Health benefits are to expensive
October 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback. We are so glad you had a positive experience working for Stevens Transport.

Good safety program
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
Like the safety program need a better Health insurance they need to pay for any classes company Require u to take because u in company time like more for Stevens transport to make Effort for the driver
October 11, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about driving for Stevens Transport. We are glad you have been happy with our safety program as safety is our number one priority. We do offer a competitive benefits package to our drivers, including health insurance. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

It's just sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxOctober 8, 2018
Watch out about the sleep apnea racket. Everything told from the recruiters is just smoke and mirrors about the miles, the lease and other dreamy promises. Nobody failed their school 'cause they practically give out the CDL as it were cotton candy. No wonder it's becoming a ghetto trucking place.
Pros
As long as y'all breath, y'all welcome
Cons
Sleep apnea racket, the T-check racket, the lease racket
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are sorry you feel you didn’t have the type of experience we strive to provide to all our drivers. Safety is our number one priority, and our driving schools provide excellent and rigorous training. Our lease program is not for everyone, but it can provide a lucrative career and business opportunity with comprehensive support. We wish you the best in your next career move and hope that your training will serve you well.

Good training before working on your own or as team
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2018
They pay for you to get there in Dallas, pay for your room, you have some classes to take and its process before you get selected in the training program, an experienced driver picks you and your bag of clothes up and your training with a experienced driver starts.
October 11, 2018

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with your training program at Stevens Transport and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and informing potential drivers about the process you went through. We hope that your training will serve you well in your career and wish you the best in the future.

Fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
This job for me was while I was in high school. It was easy work just a lot of it. At times I felt they weren't that organized. Overall though was a good job to be at while in high school.
October 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback about your time working for Stevens Transport while in high school. We are glad you had a positive experience overall and wish you the best for your future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about