STEVENSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Not the best place but not the....no really
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 17, 2018
There has never been a place that has treated me in such a harsh and belligerent manner. I have been spied on and followed around like a criminal. talked about behind my back and then apologized too about it. lied too and even mentally defeated by this university till I had to just give up.
Pros
there 2 parties a year
Cons
the whole university
Productive and fun work place
Game Day Worker (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 12, 2018
Being a student athlete at Stevenson University and working with the game day staff allowed you to work with other students who were not athletes and meet new people within the university that you may have never met before.
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDJune 8, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of opportunity for bettering my craft of teaching. Lots of support and lots of help when issues arose. Not much was negative.
Great student job
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenson universityMay 27, 2018
This kept me in Ramen while I was getting my bachelor's. Pretty simple position, mostly fixing printers and explaining to your less-tech-savvy peers how to connect to wifi and run a virus scan. Get a job with Stevenson IT early in your career there, it's not many hours and there's downtime that works as homework time.
Pros
great pay with consistent raises the longer you're there, Admins help you learn what you might not already know.
Res Life is the best life!
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMay 12, 2018
I loved working in residents life. The best experience ever. I loved my staff, I loved the leadership aspect of the job and I loved the trust the residents, resident assistants and the other RA's had in me to do my job accordingly. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to gain leadership experience while in undergraduate school.
Stevenson is a nice place to work and has a very dedicated faculty and staff. Everyone is friendly and the students are a pleasure to talk to.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMay 11, 2018
Stevenson is currently facing challenges with a decrees in enrollment after investing an abundance of financial resources into expansion campus wide. The moral has decreased across the board and opportunities for advancement are far and few between. The University is under the leadership of a new President and everyone is hoping for changes in the coming years but we realize it is going to take some time.
Good summer job!
Program Assistant, Project Lead the Way (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 5, 2018
Was mainly an administrative position, was great but also required patience as well. Was very easygoing, and the people were great to work with. Preparation will be the hardest part of the job, and every little detail must be taken into account.
Benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 29, 2018
This is a great place to work, but advancement within was hard to achieve. They are did not help out with any advanced degrees only Bachelors degree programs.
Learn A Lot Through High-Intensity
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 16, 2018
Between being a student and employee, balance is key. Also, the learning opportunity is immensely high. Though some situations may be more intense than other, the overall opportunity to learn is more beneficial to those that can handle these situations.
Benefits
Cons
Late Nights, Reports
Fun work place
Field Placement Worker (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 16, 2018
Fun and collaborative environment. Helpful for my future endeavors. I learn new things every day and get along very well with the staff members. I enjoy working here.
Good for Student workers
Admissions Fellow (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 21, 2017
I learned how to manage conflict, how to work alongside the majority culture at Stevenson and how to have a balance with work, school and my life.

Like many jobs you will have to work there to experience it for yourself. I recommend asking hard questions in the interview. You are interviewing the hiring manager to see if the job fits you, not the other way around.
Fun
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDDecember 16, 2017
It's always great going to work. Everyone is very friendly and the task are usually dry straightforward. Great jobs to get some pocket money while taking classes.
Productive and laid back work environment, surrounded by other student workers
Athletic Equipment (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Stevenson because as a student of the university, the job provides me with good pay and a relaxed work environment. In working with other students, I have learned how to operate well in a team but also on my own time.
Review
Professor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 14, 2017
Ok place to work. Adequate office. Little support for faculty research and faculty development. New president Administratively top heavy. Hard working faculty
Pros
campus
Cons
commute traffic
Great work-study program
Supervising Equipment Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 30, 2017
Work-Study at this school was great because it allowed me to attend class, have free time, and work a convenient schedule. Any full-time students looking to attend this school should apply for work-study.
Graduate Assistant Coach at Stevenson University
Graduate Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 26, 2017
I was the Administrative Assistant to the Head Coach of the Women's Lacrosse Team at Stevenson University. A typical day of work would be office work: including responding to e-mails from potential prospect players, any duties the Head Coach needs me to do, and attending and coaching at daily practices.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No Cons
Depends on where you work
Conference Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 25, 2017
There is not a lot of movement in the university. I believe it is a nice place to come right after college or as you plan to retire, but as a full career I do not recommend committing a lot of time to Stevenson.
nice place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2017
A good place to work, Have a lot of opportunities for freshers in teaching. Outstanding classroom, Very convenient to teach. Very cooperative faculty.
Beautiful campuses, pleasant admin support, not living up to its fullest potential.
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDOctober 19, 2017
There should be an N/A for ratings as I did not receive benefits and would not like to grade them. Many programs rely on one person to monitor and maintain. Sadly when that person moves on, the program simply fades away. It has many fantastic programs - from nursing to legal and continues to expand rapidly. Big picture more important than the pixels, so smaller areas may...fall by the wayside.
Pros
Beautiful campuses, great student support.
Cons
Many temporary adjunct instructors, classrooom equipment sometimes outdated.
Good
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDOctober 10, 2017
It's a good place to work. Low stress environment, friendly people, lots of interesting teachers. Organization is growing. Budget is a little tight right now but they are working through it.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay