STEVENSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Learn A Lot Through High-Intensity
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 16, 2018
Between being a student and employee, balance is key. Also, the learning opportunity is immensely high. Though some situations may be more intense than other, the overall opportunity to learn is more beneficial to those that can handle these situations.
Benefits
Cons
Late Nights, Reports
Fun work place
Field Placement Worker (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 16, 2018
Fun and collaborative environment. Helpful for my future endeavors. I learn new things every day and get along very well with the staff members. I enjoy working here.
Good for Student workers
Admissions Fellow (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 21, 2017
I learned how to manage conflict, how to work alongside the majority culture at Stevenson and how to have a balance with work, school and my life.

Like many jobs you will have to work there to experience it for yourself. I recommend asking hard questions in the interview. You are interviewing the hiring manager to see if the job fits you, not the other way around.
Fun
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDDecember 16, 2017
It's always great going to work. Everyone is very friendly and the task are usually dry straightforward. Great jobs to get some pocket money while taking classes.
Productive and laid back work environment, surrounded by other student workers
Athletic Equipment (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy working at Stevenson because as a student of the university, the job provides me with good pay and a relaxed work environment. In working with other students, I have learned how to operate well in a team but also on my own time.
Review
Professor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 14, 2017
Ok place to work. Adequate office. Little support for faculty research and faculty development. New president Administratively top heavy. Hard working faculty
Pros
campus
Cons
commute traffic
Great work-study program
Supervising Equipment Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 30, 2017
Work-Study at this school was great because it allowed me to attend class, have free time, and work a convenient schedule. Any full-time students looking to attend this school should apply for work-study.
Graduate Assistant Coach at Stevenson University
Graduate Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 26, 2017
I was the Administrative Assistant to the Head Coach of the Women's Lacrosse Team at Stevenson University. A typical day of work would be office work: including responding to e-mails from potential prospect players, any duties the Head Coach needs me to do, and attending and coaching at daily practices.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No Cons
Depends on where you work
Conference Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 25, 2017
There is not a lot of movement in the university. I believe it is a nice place to come right after college or as you plan to retire, but as a full career I do not recommend committing a lot of time to Stevenson.
nice place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2017
A good place to work, Have a lot of opportunities for freshers in teaching. Outstanding classroom, Very convenient to teach. Very cooperative faculty.
Beautiful campuses, pleasant admin support, not living up to its fullest potential.
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDOctober 19, 2017
There should be an N/A for ratings as I did not receive benefits and would not like to grade them. Many programs rely on one person to monitor and maintain. Sadly when that person moves on, the program simply fades away. It has many fantastic programs - from nursing to legal and continues to expand rapidly. Big picture more important than the pixels, so smaller areas may...fall by the wayside.
Pros
Beautiful campuses, great student support.
Cons
Many temporary adjunct instructors, classrooom equipment sometimes outdated.
Good
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDOctober 10, 2017
It's a good place to work. Low stress environment, friendly people, lots of interesting teachers. Organization is growing. Budget is a little tight right now but they are working through it.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay
great school and place of work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 28, 2017
A great school and place of work. The pay is very well, the campus is beautiful and everyone works as a team. Stevenson is a place of growth and leadership for anyone of any age.
Pros
great place and pay
Cons
more diversity
productive and fun
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 14, 2017
Overall its a good environment with a diverse of different cultures. Some days were better than others. Students act like wild animals as if they dont eat all day. Staff was somewhat friendly, but being in the kitchen was drama. have to learn to tune every one out. Some managers had favortism but it comes with every job. when your having fun time goes by quickly
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
the drama older employee have
fun
Fitness Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 31, 2017
fun place to work. see many familiar faces from classmates to teammates and was allowed to do some homework while on the clock. management was great as they understood we were students first.
Great company to work for
Technical Assistant Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDJuly 12, 2017
The students and faculty are often quite calm when things go wrong, which is a nice change of pace from the usual panicked and angry clientele. Management, however, could use improvement
Gym is fun to work at, productive
Wellness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 26, 2017
Great place to work, good hours, friendly people, fitness and healthy lifestyle friendly. Productive, efficient, reliable. I enjoyed working here. It was good job.
Pros
lots of work hours
Cons
working at midnight
Tons of growth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 16, 2017
Size, scope, etc. of the university has exploded in the last decade+. A lot is up in the air right now, however, as upper management is experiencing a major shakeup. Difficult to know how that will influence the organization moving forward, but there are a lot of great things going at Stevenson and I don't think I see that trend turning around anytime soon.
Great Place to work
Special Events Intern (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMay 4, 2017
Awesome atmosphere and wonderful campus to grow and expand as a professional. The students and staff are a joy to work with and they understand the significance of our jobs.
Summary
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 3, 2017
Very fun place to work, extremely fast paced and depending on what department you work for determines your pay. It was a good experience overall but I did not like work those super long hours.