Stew Leonard's Employee Reviews

Productive and easy to adapt.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 15, 2019
Will help in balancing your schedule between your school schedule and work schedule. If know in advance need a particular day off or different shift will help in that too. The more experienced you are, the more they need you so less willing to work with your schedule.
I enjoyed my first real job it taught me so much about the real world. Overall the work space was always kept clean always friendly and understandiing
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 8, 2019
i started my day at whatever time I was needed the earliest I've ever attended work was 6am during the Holidays. Depending on when i started work depended on what my work day would look like. If i started at 6am i'd stand up Christmas Trees in a nice and neat manner. During my usual hours which would start at 11am i would sell them i'd open them for customers and give them the happy holiday they deserve. I definitely believe the hardest part of the job was waking up at 4am to stack up christmas trees and just staying up from 4am to i believe 11am. Management was very understanding whenever i got injured or i was feeling unwell. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on a family's face after i helped them pick the perfect Christmas tree.
An okay place to work
Coffee Hostess (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 5, 2019
Mostly poor management or lack of communication, employees are held to certain standards. However, the health and sanitation of the store is awful. There is dust all over the place, food is reused if not sold. The bakery puts out old cakes from the freezer. The chocolate used for the production in ice cream is melted down when not used, not matter how old. A majority of the time there are flies landing on food that will still be sold.
to employees .
General employee (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 29, 2019
Department ( operations ) managers horrible does not know how to talk to employees or hear what employees have to say , especially ones who are much older than themselves and more experienced in a particular department.
Pros
Cons
they offer health care and paid time off, and a profit plan for full time only
Exciting work environment
GARDEN SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 25, 2019
Coming into stew Leonard's was always exciting. You are always greeted with a smile. Managers are very understanding. You can always count on someone asking you how your day is going.
Pros
free lunches
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2019
This is a horrible place to work and I would never recommend to anyone. Management is horrible and treats workers poorly. There's never any opportunities to move up because they pick favorites and don't give anyone else a chance. People go above and beyond while working there and get absolutely no recognition for all their hard work and effort.
Cashier hostess
Hostess/ Cashier at ice-cream stand (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 17, 2019
Take the customer orders and make what they ask for respect them ..,,,, we had milkshakes ice cream sprinkles it was a good experience working there .
Clueless management, terrible people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 29, 2019
This place will suck the life out of you. Great for customers, terrible for its employees. Management has no idea what to do, but will blame it on staff.
Pros
401k, health insurance
Cons
Low pay, little training, manager is clueless
Fun workplace
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 18, 2019
The environment was all out friendly, everyone is nice and the people are great and easy to talk too. Plenty of parking and learned life skills such as customer service and how important it is.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
if your working outside in the winter the cold
It was very positive.
Junior Florist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 18, 2019
Every one there was very pleasant and friendly. If i could work there again I would. My position there was only seasonal so unfortunately i had only a few weeks to get comfy, hiwever it was a great experience.
Great Culture, Good People, Poor Standards
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 7, 2019
As I worked there, standards drastically slipped until it was no longer a place worth working for. Managers ignored issues too many times, tried to avoid issues by shifting blame instead of finding solutions.
Pros
Decent pay, Good full time benefits, 401k
Cons
no upwards mobility, poor breaks, poorer management
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 26, 2019
I liked working at Stew Leonard’s it has a great work environment they have great respect for every worker. They are a very organized company and will always try to resolve problems
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No healthcare no discount
selfish environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 25, 2019
bad management, they treat you however they want, they let anyone do whatever to you, rude customers get rewarded, hot food bar will give you food poisoning. its not really fresh
Cons
no discounts
Have free snacks
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 13, 2019
I start my day seeing if there are phone messages . Enter all orders that come in. Answer all phone calls. Take orders that come in at the desk. Give report to chefs.
Pros
we do get free lunches and flu shots
Cons
no communications, no organization, no advancement, and boring
Productive and fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 7, 2019
The work culture really relies on great customer service as well as great teamwork. Support and care from upper management is really great as well. There are always opportunities to move further on up provided you go out and try to achieve.
Great learning experience.
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 31, 2019
In the short time I have worked here, i have learned a lot from the many people who trained me and was trusted to do different tasks with little to no supervision.
Fun yet High paced job
Unload/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 17, 2019
Managing and maintaining the warehouse and inventory, Keeps the store well-stocked with fresh food and groceries, Routinely lift up to 50 plus lbs, Familiarity with loading dock procedures, Drives forklift,
Works in areas of the warehouse (dry, recycling, freezers, coolers etc),
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
short breaks
Love it
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 13, 2019
when I was working for Stew Leonard's for about five and half years I meet a lot of great people over there their are always something new there from manger to co-workers everybody is family over there and sometimes they had fun and crazy events
work hard and it pays off
fish host (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2018
I was seasonal part time, I busted my butt, did my regular work, always on time, never called out and I was offered to stay for a permanent position, Hire with in, get foot in door.
Pros
close to home, great leadership, training, team work
Cons
no overtime
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 17, 2018
Uniform Required (Stews Shirt/Sweater)
No Visible Tattoos/Piercings
Piercings Smaller than a Dime
Drug Test Upon Application
No Beards
No Long or Crazy Colored Nails
No Crazy Colored Hair
Pros
Moonotes ($6 lunch coupon)
Cons
No Discounts