Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Provider Enrollment Liason (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 11, 2018
I worked at Steward for 4 1/2 years and was let go the end of April 2018. Although we were really understaffed and extremely busy there was no support from management. Instead everyone in my department was written up I eventually asked them to let me go as the work was to much for 3 people and the management goals were unobtainable although the upper management did not know our job we were always tasked with projects upon projects that had nothing to do with provider enrollment. you only get promoted if you knew the right people same people got promoted over and over again.
Moral is awful raises again based on who you know they do not CARE about their employees at all nor do give you the tools to succeed.
I would rather be on unemployment than work in such a hostile envorment
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Overworked and under paid
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Work on a team of good people, hard workers. Unfortunately Steward doesn't appreciate that. No reviews, no raises and upon the new year starting they have taken away 3 holidays. A slap in the face to the employees who worked so hard during 2018 calendar year to bring many new hospitals live on MEDITECH.
Pros
Co-workers are hardworkers and helpful
Cons
No annual reviews, no annual raises and below average healthcare benefits
Sr. Management unorganized and very stressful environment
Steward Healthcare CBO- West (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 28, 2018
Sr. Management is unorganized with creativity and moving forward in the 21st century with processes. They tend to lie to just about everyone to bring you on board. People employed with company often complain about being deceived about growth possibilities and salary.
Pros
The Distance
Cons
Executive Management Team is unhinged
Poor culture
Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 18, 2018
Company is not employee or patient centered. Upper management is lacking leadership. No opportunities for growth and development. Healthcare benefits are terrible! Extremely poor communication throughout the organization.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, poor benefits, no growth opportunities
Mixed emotions
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 2, 2018
Management is not aggressive at all, problems are swept under the rug to keep them quiet. Going from Iasis to Steward there have been decisions that make absolutely no sense, we are incredibly short staffed but no raises to motivate or retain are given, evals are done in January and if you don't get a good enough review you don't get a raise at all, turnover is very high and justifiable because employees aren't treated very well. You've just a body filling a space.
Pros
Insurance premium is based on income level
Cons
too much work for too little pay
Excitement led to disappointment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MA 02090October 31, 2018
I was hired in August of 2017, promoted in June of 2018, and then told that our department would be moving to Texas so we would be loosing our jobs in Sept. 2018.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Hostile work environment
Good place to work, friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 24, 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff, management was fair and stood up for employees, at least in my department (lab). Opportunity for overtime during busy winter season. Benefits were ok, tuition reimbursement and 401k.
Pros
Nice schedule
Cons
Insurance could be cheaper, for profit hospital
over worked
Sebastian River Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 26, 2018
I worked as a CNA at Sebastian River Medical Center which is a Steward Health Care owned company. The turn over rate on the PCU floor was unbelievable. We were always short staffed and over worked, Cnas and nurses. Which put the staff and the patients in danger. They hardly gave raises and when they did it was a joke. Everything was always chaos.
Pros
as much overtime as you want
Cons
poor management
Laid back place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MA 02072May 21, 2018
Very nice people, very helpful.. No one is treated like a stranger or a new employee, even the CEO knows your name right away! I believe nurses are very stressed and busy, they complain about being over-worked and under-paid, but I worked in Administration so thankfully I did not feel the same stressors they did.I can only speak of my experiences and they were all great, just wish the salary was a little better.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
salary
very productive organazation
Medical Secretary- Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 25, 2018
Company that offers opportunity to grow professionally and the benefits are great.
Management listen to employees
They are available to us every time we need them
Safe environment, great patient care environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 17, 2018
Friendly atmosphere for patients and staff. Equipment could be updated in my department.
Doctors are professional and competent. Affordable healthcare and great benefits package.
Pros
Good staffing
Cons
Management weak
Awful, just awful
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 15, 2019
When looking for a new career, this is not the place to shop. This corporation was the worst experience of my career. This is an environment that condones and allows bullying by upper management, therefore local management assumes the same attitudes and behaviors. They bought the facility I worked for from another corporation just as shady and have progressively destroyed the hospital's reputation within the community and with physicians. Relationships with local administration, staff and physicians are nothing but negative. Staffing is compromised in every unit of the hospital and this is reflected in what is becoming a catastrophic decline in census and embarrassing reviews on social media. They keep laying off people with no intention of replacing them. There's nothing in place for retention of good employees and never any reward for exceeding expectations. When there isn't a layoff or a threat of a layoff, newer and long term employees are looking for any excuse to leave. Local administrative personnel are the perfect minions for a larger corporation with deteriorating morals.
Steward blew into town with promises of being the be all of healthcare in this area, touting that they are "all about the patient". Wrong, on so many levels. The sheer volume of patient complaints tells just how bad this place is managed. Morale had reached a pathetic level and former co-workers tell me it's only getting worse. Employees that have been there for years have told me that this hospital has never witnessed such a hostile takeover. It appears that Steward wants the hospital to fail.
  more...
The best part of the job is that I had the opportunity to work with long term, experienced employees with a lot to teach. The hardest part of the job was watching this new management destroy capable, loyal employees. What I learned is not to ever recommend employment at any facility owned by Steward.
Pros
Co-workers, some benefits provided
Cons
Everything else
Apprehensive
Nextgen Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2018
Steward health care recently bought the company I work for. Soon after the purchase many employees were laid off, benefits were reduced, co pays for benefits were increased.
Pros
None at this point
Cons
Fear and apprehension
Company take over
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
Pros:
Friendly coworkers
Chance to work from home

Cons:
Poor management
Poor communication
Poor Benefits
401k match

Nothing left to say but they are making me write more
Fun
Clinic Nurse Coordinator /Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Enjoy the job, Good work hours. Family environment . Flexible work schedule. Fair rules and promotions. I have enjoyed working for this company so far.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Some long hours
Horrible management, ridiculous expectations, nepotism
Denial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 17, 2019
The job is very boring and your expected to meet several different demands each day. You literally feel like you can't leave your desk and feel rushed to use the bathroom because of how much they micromanage. Work is unorganized and they put pressure on you to meet those same demands even though they're the one's doing a bad job managing the workload. Also, because people quit so often the work flow is never steady and they add even more pressure because of the short staff. If you're friends with the managers, then you can get away with anything b/c there is such a huge double standard. If you're not in their clique, then they think they can speak to you like you are a child. Just keep looking for another job...
Pros
paid sick time and vacation time
Cons
Horrible management, ridiculous expectations, nepotism, micromanagement
Poorly managed department
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2018
Worked there for several years, and learned that policies are haphazardly followed, there is favoritism, and they do not operate with a team approach to caring for patients. The director has no contact with the clinicians, it is often difficult to collaborate with the nurses, and the clinical supervisor takes a micromanagement approach and does not support the staff. There were safety issues as a well due to reliance on hospital security to manage patients escalating. The hardest part of the the job is working in a vacuum without support or appreciation for the challenges present. The most enjoyable part would be direct contact with the patients.
Pros
Reduced meals, small gifts
Cons
30 minute lunches, lack of support, no breaks
Overall good company
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2018
I have worked at Steward Healthcare full-time

Inadequate training, incompetent management , no annual raise

Steward Healthcare is lacking in so many ways.
wonderfulll place to work
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 14, 2018
I was with iasis for over 8 years they were long hours and good management you got time off when you needed it and the benifited her good not the best but good
Pros
well paid
Cons
long work hours
Steward does not value there Senior Employee
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2018
Steward would rather hire new employees with no experience and pay them the minimum wage for that postions. Senior employees are expected to train these new employees, for very little compensation. there is no room for advancement in certain postion. Management is very unsuported towards the staff. This hospital is all about money. They veiw patient care as an assembly line. Patient are raipidly pushes though the system, to make room for the next pateint.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steward Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.