Steward Health Care
51Below average

Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

United States496 reviews
Poor management
Management at Steward Health care Saint Anne’s Hospital sucks no support only think about themselves throws everybody under the bus and point fingers at the people that need to help the most it’s a sad sad place to work for
Worse place to work
Not a company you want to work for
No growth no raises. They want to work hard. Mico management. There not to be trusted. They screw employees over. They were to move to tx. They offer a severance payment. Which they decided last min to honor it. Beware beware
Steward is an awful company.
Steward is an awful company to work for. They don’t care about there employees, they lie to our faces and say we have no intention of closing this hospital then the newspaper shows an article that we’re being sold. During this pandemic they held the state of PA hostage and threatened to close if they didn’t get a bail out. Millions of dollars!! As of 5/25/20 we have no Idea if the doors are closing for good on 6/30/20
Worst Company Culture
While work life balance, flexibility to work from home, and team counterparts are all major pluses, all were hard fought battles to be obtained by my department.

Management is inexperienced and unqualified. Dependable, hard working staff go un-listened to, are disrespected and dismissed when they are not being micromanaged. Cronyism is apparent in hiring, and any available promotions.

Communication is not their strong suit. Employees are discouraged from engaging in conversation, specifically if it questions company directive. Management is secretive, and distrustful.

Working environment is uneasy, fearful, with moving-target goals.

There is limited or no room for career development. Employees are hooked in with slightly higher than average salary only to receive no merit or cost of living wage increases.

The long and short of it: professional ethics are in constant question, and I have NEVER had worse managers.
Great Place to Work
Great atmosphere, great training provided as well as cross-training for other departments. Plenty of projects outside of your regular role. Support available for remote workers.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great Place
I really enjoyed meeting all the individuals I met in the time of working for Steward Healthcare. Being the patients to my fellow co workers there was never a day when I felt underappreciated.
Nurses Beware! Worst place I’ve ever worked
Unfortunately this is one of the most poorly run hospital in our area thanks to the management. Nurse to patient ratios are dangerous!

is that
Pros
Friendly staff in most areas
Cons
Patient safety is a big concern
Horrible
No teamwork or flexibility you have no life working there. Its horrible and boss is the problem they don't care. I wouldn't go there even as a patient . Bad patient care.
I wouldn't
No reviews or raises forever!
Go to work, do your job, go home, repeat.

Figure it out on your own.

Excellent medical benefits. That's it in a nutshell.
Stay far far away
This company has the worse management I have ever worked with. I was put on furlough due to Covid but a coworker who misses 3/5 days each week, has substance abuse issues, steals from the clinic, patient complaints, gets to keep her job. Why not utilize me where helps is so needed? Management sees a way to weed out people disliked never the bigger picture.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Flexibility
Great opportunity to learn new things. Flexible if your a working mother onsite parking. Willingness to educate for more opportunities. Requirements 45 accounts per day.
Pros
Travel
Cons
N/a
Flexible for Market Pool
Generally enjoy culture of employees; management needs gross communication improvements and better interpersonal employee relations. Decent company overall.
decent pay, poor benefits
decent pay, fair benefits. good ER management. works with schedule. I enjoy my co-workers. not too many layers of management. needs to bring school tuition benefits back
Steward is a horrible hospital to work for
The management is horrible they would rather take care of themselves before they help or back you as worker, the union is terrible they do not help you at all!!! The ultrasound department the women along with the guild imaging across from norwood hospital has turned to evil women! Do yourself a favor never work for steward they will never be for you! They throw away good workers!
Management is HORRIBLE
If you a person going into healthcare with a true passion of caring for people, DON’T work for Steward! This company cares about nothing but money - not their patients, not their doctors, and not their employees. Management is all aligned to make employees do the most possible work for the least possible pay, frequently adding on responsibilities to people without further compensation. They harp on patients for even small outstanding balances. It is dispicable
Great job, too many changes
Really enjoyed my job, but was laid off after only 5 months of employment due to the pandemic. I would have really preferred have many been furloughed with the opportunity to come back when the economy recovers.
There are great people to work with but management is not stable
Manganagement changes frequently so you feel unstable at work at times. People who work there are great. Some improvement in workplace culture is needed. Flexibility with working from home if needed which makes family work balance great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Unstable work environment
Stay Away !! I promise you, you will HATE working here !!!
Worked for the company for several years when managed by IASIS. Then Steward came along. Little did I know that NOTHING good was going to come of this. Steward DOES NOT care about their employees. Our benefits were basically cut in half. Management at all levels are terrible at best. They have no clue how to run a healthcare business. I know what direction they want to take the company, and you can tell that management is clueless. Even though current management is driving the company into the ground at record speed, no one will stop and listen to you when you try to tell them that the direction that they are going will lead to their own demise. Management is so ignorant that they do not see the company totally failing. Even with all the best employees leaving, management does not see problem?
If I could I would have given them a 0
Worst company I have ever worked for! They have no regard for employees
They never pay there bills. All companies are on credit hold so you never have supplies to do your job
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Poor administration. Everything!
Management In Richardson
This is the worst job to ever work for. You have three managers that starts conflict with their team. They speak very badly about one another. There is no help and when you do ask you are spoken very badly too .
Benefits
Cons
Management is horrible
My SWGH Experience
Overall I enjoyed my time at SWGH, it was a flexible prn position. Management was great and I appreciated my team. Generally was given a fair workload, never felt overworked and 9/10 times staff was always nice to talk too. Definitely recommend this hospital for any psychiatric workers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steward Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
InHerSight Score
1.4Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight