Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Completely Awful Environment
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 22, 2018
This is the most hostile work environment that I have ever seen. The current medical records manager is indescribably rude and nasty, a sorry excuse for a department head. I have never seen someone throw so many department staff under the bus. Numerous complaints have be filed with HR and nothing has been done. Management in total is lack luster. Trying to work with other departments is beyond difficult. There is no oppourtunity for job growth. It is a dressed up assembly line.
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Good job just didn’t fit my hours
Saint Anne’s hospital (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working in the kitchen but unfotunaltly school work and sports all got in the way of each other so I was working for extra cash cause of free time around school but once it all got in the way I had to leave unfortunately
Advancement,Management.Bonus
Denial Prevention Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 3, 2018
I have been with Steward for over a year and it has been pretty good. Everyone is nice and friendly in the workplace. Management could use some improvement and need to interact and communicate more with staff. Could improve in the bonus aspect since some employees do way more than others but receive the same bonus as everyone else. Could have more advancement for those with multiple degrees and continuing education. Also salary, those with a Master's degree get paid the same as those with just a high school education..... Steward has it's pros and cons like everywhere else.
Fantastic team to work with.
Senior Cerner Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 9, 2018
Meet with hospital management to review what is needed to move forward with the new product. Assess current processes and workflows, and work on future design. We are on the road so not so much as a workplace culture as a team doing what is needed to produce a quality product that meets staff, patient, and government needs.
Pros
No micro management
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 7, 2018
Steward is a great company to work for. I have a few complaints regarding management. Salary could have been better because I am sure they can offer more specially dealing with people with different backgrounds is no joke.
Found the Diamond of the company
Credentialing Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 28, 2018
After reading reviews I wasn’t sure I wanted to come work for Steward. The only saving grace was my last companies reviews were even worse. However, before I accepted the offer I spoke to my direct supervisor about it and she admitted there were some stressful places to work and it really depended on which department or facility you joined. She could not of been more accurate. The role I assumed is literally the best role I have ever had the privilege of serving in for my skill set and passions. We function as a team with a family mentality. I work with fabulous people who are both kind and talented. We have our own little world that is pleasant and relatively safe. Not to say what we accomplish on a daily basis doesn’t have stress or problems...because we do have those with fast paced turnarounds and a high volume...but we are the team that unifies and finds a solution no matter what we face. I literally plan to die in this role...if they’ll let me stay around that long.
Pros
Great people, benefits are reasonable and decent quality. Offices are nice & PTO and holidays are abundant.
Cons
Anything to do with IT is insanely ridiculous & frustrating.
For profit health care company
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Great people in all departments. Though dialo fue is about quality Pt care, inderlying goals are about money. Orientation was inadequate to prepare for this role.
Micromanaged very stressful, no support from Management. Immediate Supervisor had no Authority to support her Team. to
Homecare PTA (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 4, 2018
I worked in the Home Care Division 9 yrs. When calling out sick, we were interrogated about the reason for the sick call & asked to make up the sick day by working on the weekend, or next scheduled day off. As a result I stopped calling out. I went to work sick & finally left the company with 173hrs of sick time on the books which I was told I could not use or cash out so they were just forfeited. When I resigned I had finally just had enough of being given a greater distance to travel daily, then having to come home at night to complete documentation for another 3-4hrs. I had the most seniority on my Team, but was increasingly given last preference for scheduled time off, even with asking for summer or holiday time off months in advance. The compensation seems good until you factor in all the time you spend on the phone or at home completing documentation. There ends up being no balance between work & home life. Family time suffers, as well as your health & general happiness. As Clinicians we strive to provide excellent care to our Patients, but it cannot be done at the risk of our own health & well being. Having a Director that has no Interpersonal skills or Managerial Training & yet remains in the position after numerous resignations of Skilled Clinicians in hard to fill positions, reinforces the belief that it’s all just about the bottom line. There are positions posted frequently because Nursing & Rehab Staff retention is still horrible for all the same reasons as I have heard first hand. I left Steward 4yrs ago and was recently asked to fill a Contract position,  more... my former position! I said absolutely not, not for any amount of money!  less
Pros
Health Care Benefits, 401k, Life Insurance. Great Clinicians, Collegues & Coworkers
Cons
Over worked, poor Management staff, or Accountability of Management for the obvious employee dissatisfaction, resignations & reported complaints.
fast paced
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  brighton, massJanuary 30, 2018
Its run like a factory. Multiple people from above to immediate supervisors constantly on top of you to discharge the patients. Pay is good but I would not want to be admitted there
Productive, flexible, and relaxed workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 23, 2018
One of the best work environments that I have ever worked in-relaxed, flexible, and fun. I had a great boss and I worked with some very nice people!!!
family atmosphere
Electronic Health Records Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 17, 2018
great and enjoyable place to work. Team environment and co workers were always willing to answer questions and help. Management was involved and wanted you to succeed.
Pros
Great work/home life balance
Steward does not value there Senior Employee
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2018
Steward would rather hire new employees with no experience and pay them the minimum wage for that postions. Senior employees are expected to train these new employees, for very little compensation. there is no room for advancement in certain postion. Management is very unsuported towards the staff. This hospital is all about money. They veiw patient care as an assembly line. Patient are raipidly pushes though the system, to make room for the next pateint.
Pros
Discounted meals
Billing
Revenue Cycle Associate (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Training wasn't great. I was at the company for only 4 months and i was training team new employees. Company is very stressful to work for because they are so behind in billing. This is a company that likes to micromanage. Supervisor will breathe over your back to make sure your doing your work, which is uncomfortable in opinion. Im not sure if its just this office i work at or how the company is as a whole.
Stressful enviornment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 10, 2018
a typical day at work consisted of drawing out patients, in patients, ICU, ER, Recovery room, maternity, labor and delivery, psychiatric units, etc...
benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Vendor Liaison (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 20, 2017
Awesome place to work very friendly staff very helpful as long as you got your 40 hours in and your work was done no one how did you or ask you if you got your work done relax place to work
Pros
Braille X place to work
Cons
Can't start to work untilcan't start to work until 7:30 a.m.
Very good workplace but due to the recent merger the office will move out of state
Director of Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 19, 2017
IASIS was a great company to work for but it was recently acquired by Steward Healthcare. While the new leadership is great, the corporate offices will relocate.
Pros
Physician leadership/ new approach
Cons
Relocation
Poor Management
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 11, 2017
Easton Hospital was owned by Steward Healthcare as of 05/01/2017

They informed us that they would be all about the community and they will make positive changes. They also stated that nobody would be losing their jobs. Since they took over, there has been absolutely no communication. We had to struggle to get answers from anyone.
Employees began to be laid off and departments began to be centralized.

I would not recommend working for this company. If you are looking for job security and pay increases, this is NOT the place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, co-workers
Cons
management, pay raises, communication
Unlimited over time is great if you can be approved for it
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MADecember 6, 2017
If you want to make some extra money you better have your numbers up as far as productivity or you cannot do any overtime. You have to ask if you can do it before you can stay late.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Getting your productivity up
Extremely disheartening that upper management lies to staff and the community.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 22, 2017
Since Steward Healthcare bought our local community hospital they are only interested in making money and not with the patient care experience and the safety of the patients and the staff.
Pros
Close proximity to my residence, decent pay
Cons
Short staffing, schedules approved with holes in them, frequent missed breaks due to staffing, forced OT past schedule shifts due to poor staffing
very stressful
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 5, 2017
steward is a great company but working for one of their companies is horrible and so stressful, i personally do not recommend it as a job reference.the management was fine, but the work is not worth it. good pay though.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short brakes