Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

By far the worst job I have ever had
Medical Assistant / Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJuly 26, 2018
If you think this is the place to be think again. The lack of management and structure is baffling. I have worked for various practices and this was by far the most unorganized, unprofessional place I have ever been. Work load gets doubled if you are a good employee and the others just sit around and come and go as they please. I highly recommend you keep looking. They paint a pretty picture at first but then you learn the hard way. Turn over is HORRIBLE and for a reason.
Pros
You get to leave at the end of the day
Cons
Everything else
very productive organazation
Medical Secretary- Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 25, 2018
Company that offers opportunity to grow professionally and the benefits are great.
Management listen to employees
They are available to us every time we need them
Decent
Project/Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2018
Be prepared to work long hours and weekends. The company has some of the best talent and expects you to compete for advancement. This is a growing company that has many opportunities.
Stewart
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 22, 2018
The employees of the hospital are pleasant to work with. The hospital is a small community with a good communication between departments. The employees are like famly
Pros
the employees
Safe environment, great patient care environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 17, 2018
Friendly atmosphere for patients and staff. Equipment could be updated in my department.
Doctors are professional and competent. Affordable healthcare and great benefits package.
Pros
Good staffing
Cons
Management weak
A good teaching example.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
Steward seems to be run by a bunch of intellectually arrogant bullies. They are convinced that they know the best way to run a health plan despite that fact that they've never run a health plan. This seems to be leading to the rapid demise of the Health Choice (the health plan they acquired). Some days, I seriously wonder if their goal is actually to self-destruct. With management choices this poor, the only logical explanation can be that this is intentional corporate suicide.

But it's not just Health Choice. In department after department, state after state, the story is the same - Steward employees feel micromanaged, bullied, overworked, their experience disregarded. They don't have faith in decisions of upper leadership, let alone faith that leadership actually cares about patients. Turnover is incredibly high, and for excellent reason. When employees aren't voluntarily running for the exits, Steward is forcing them out with threats of demotion or termination and completely unreasonable performance expectations. Highly competent professionals are seeing the writing on the wall, they are tired of the abuse, have no more trust in leadership, and are leaving in droves to pursue other opportunities.

It's likely too late to reverse course on this implosion. Entire departments have been decimated and no-one wants to walk into that, or stick around for worsening torture. The situation at this company is quite possibly unsalvageable, unless they have the foresight to recognize the value in their employees and invest in the future of the company by showing a little
  more... support and respect for those few team members who are left standing.
TIps for upper management:
Treat people like human beings.
Change the culture of blaming and bullying.
Stop the nepotism and favoritism.
Reward the good managers, not just the sycophants.
Staff to appropriate levels so that employees aren't unsustainably overworked.
Pros
There are still some dedicated competent souls remaining to support others, HR is still trying to help change the culture to a positive one, in an attempt to slow the mass exodus..
Cons
Sooner or later, probably sooner, your soul will die if you continue to work at Steward. Sounds glib, but it's the best quickest way to sum up the reality of this company.
Company take over
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
Pros:
Friendly coworkers
Chance to work from home

Cons:
Poor management
Poor communication
Poor Benefits
401k match

Nothing left to say but they are making me write more
horrible place to work
Provider Enrollment Liason (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 11, 2018
I worked at Steward for 4 1/2 years and was let go the end of April 2018. Although we were really understaffed and extremely busy there was no support from management. Instead everyone in my department was written up I eventually asked them to let me go as the work was to much for 3 people and the management goals were unobtainable although the upper management did not know our job we were always tasked with projects upon projects that had nothing to do with provider enrollment. you only get promoted if you knew the right people same people got promoted over and over again.
Moral is awful raises again based on who you know they do not CARE about their employees at all nor do give you the tools to succeed.
I would rather be on unemployment than work in such a hostile envorment
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
under appreciated when you go aboe and beyond
Project Manager for New England Region Meditech (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 9, 2018
typical work week for a consultant is 60 hours. Steward will only pay you for 40 hours. very poor communication from Sr Managements and typically unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Cons
disfunctional sr leadership
Mixed emotions
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 2, 2018
Management is not aggressive at all, problems are swept under the rug to keep them quiet. Going from Iasis to Steward there have been decisions that make absolutely no sense, we are incredibly short staffed but no raises to motivate or retain are given, evals are done in January and if you don't get a good enough review you don't get a raise at all, turnover is very high and justifiable because employees aren't treated very well. You've just a body filling a space.
Pros
Insurance premium is based on income level
Cons
too much work for too little pay
over worked
Sebastian River Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 26, 2018
I worked as a CNA at Sebastian River Medical Center which is a Steward Health Care owned company. The turn over rate on the PCU floor was unbelievable. We were always short staffed and over worked, Cnas and nurses. Which put the staff and the patients in danger. They hardly gave raises and when they did it was a joke. Everything was always chaos.
Pros
as much overtime as you want
Cons
poor management
Does not invest in their emplyees
Admin (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 25, 2018
No training upon hire, rude and unsupportive management. Project objective constantly changing, wasting time and effort. Steward does not care to provide nor have the capacity to set their employees up for success
Not that great
Call Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
Management has everyone in the building on a write up, people are constantly spying on you it is a terrible working environment. They discourage you from making friends with your co-workers. They only move around favorites to desired positions.
Pros
They have overtime available
Cons
pay, working conditions, culture
Very disappointing experience. Manager had communication issues. Hard to figure out.
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 19, 2018
There's a reason why there's high turnover. On the other hand, there are some employees that have been here since the beginning of time and they're just waiting for retirement. Miserably waiting.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Smokers constantly taking breaks and then being surrounded by their awful smell.
other people with there ear buds in, quiet and lonely
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 10, 2018
First coding job so really have nothing to compare it to
I learned as much as I could
I really have nothing else to say but this won't let me move on until it reaches a certain number of characters
Terrific Opportunity
HR Business Partner Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
The Sr VP Human Resources is, in a word, AMAZING! Reporting to her is an honor and a privilege. Our HR team is collaborative, engaged, hard-working, and intelligent. My work is challenging, and I learn something new every day. There is support for us to grow, develop, and pursue our career goals.
Pros
HR department is stellar!
Cons
PTO program needs to improve
Great place to learn and grow
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 10, 2018
This is a great company to hone your skills in and work toward something better. Growing company that is trying to grow as fast as possible which sometimes can seem too fast.
Good job just didn’t fit my hours
Saint Anne’s hospital (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working in the kitchen but unfotunaltly school work and sports all got in the way of each other so I was working for extra cash cause of free time around school but once it all got in the way I had to leave unfortunately
Overall good company
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2018
I have worked at Steward Healthcare full-time

Inadequate training, incompetent management , no annual raise

Steward Healthcare is lacking in so many ways.
A good company overall
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA 01830April 17, 2018
There are a lot of opportunities within the Steward Network. The doctors I work with are great at what they do and are caring and consideration of their patients and their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steward Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.