Stewart Enterprises Employee Reviews

Okay company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2018
When I started working there it was a private company and soon went public. Lots of people were hired only to be laid off down the line. Eventually Stewart Enterprises were bought out and is no longer operating.
Excellent company to work with & work for.
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2018
Professional & very organized in assisting families in their time of pain & grief. Great atmosphere for staff.Organized system in preparing to assist all members of any family at their time of need. All on staff work as a team in the consideration of comfort for the families & friends in attendance of the final disposition of their loved one, now departed.
Pros
To be on the staff
Cons
to not be on the staff
Traditional Corporate Culture with Good Work/Life Balance
Business Analyst (Assistant Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2018
It does not get more button-down, traditional workplace than this. Friendly workplace, solid benefits, routine expectations for work attire, conduct, and hours, nothing unusual or stressful -- an all around great place to work.
Pros
solid, traditional workaday environment rewards performance
Cons
the funeral home and cemetery business is not for everyone; may be depressing to some
Better Worklife balance
HR Employee Support/Payroll Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAFebruary 26, 2018
Management should establish a better work-life balance to assist employees by establishing policies, procedures, actions, and expectations that enable employees to easily pursue more balanced lives.
Family owned business
Owner/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Excellent company. Busy, challenging work environment. Nice people, realistic goals, beautiful office. Great hours, flexible. Over all a fantastic work place.
Working at Stewart
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Management was terrible, didn't care about the employees, only cared about who died and when, so he could jump on them and start making his money, while everyone does his job for him to make it happen.
Caring Environment
Administrative Assistant to Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I was very happy with my employment with SCI formerly Stewart Enterprises for 11 years. I am very sad that my position was eliminated.
I enjoyed working with the staff and especially helping families with their payments and needs.
Busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 5, 2017
In the death industry there is a lot of cut throat people who like to downgrade people that help them, then later, behind your back, they talk too much, not sure how it is now, but I would never work for that company again.
Company was bought out by Service Corporation International
Manager of Administration (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLOctober 22, 2017
Company was bought out by Service Corporation International in 2014. No longer an active company. Please see Service Corporation International for job opportunities.
Stressful but rewarding work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLSeptember 14, 2017
I loved my job with Stewart and my coworkers. In the funeral industry, there can be a lot of stress working with the grieving and representing people who are hurting, but ultimately it is very rewarding work.
Small office enviroment
Executive Office (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 11, 2017
Good Work team. Try to help each other. Direct work with customers and merchandise providers. Merchandise inventory and invoices codifications. Assistant to CEO and managers.
Pros
good pay
Stewart Enterpises is no longer existing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Due to all the poor choices made by this corporation they no longer exist in Texas and not sure they still exist anywhere. Mr. Stewart passed and they pretty much closed the company.
Productive and professional workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 18, 2017
Professional setting, quiet yet busy while client calls are being taken as well as made, payments are processed, mail is going out and meetings are being held.
Stewart Enterprise was a friendly place to work.
3rd Party Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJune 1, 2017
There were plenty of fast paced days at Stewart, the work was made easy by the different programs we were able to use. The employees were all friendly and managers all knew there jobs. This made for an enjoyable place to work. Training was held yearly to keep everyone up to date on any changes that were made, and to keep the employees current with policy and procedures.
Very polarized environment: very competitive
Community Event Coordinator/ Sales (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 28, 2017
Having worked there on and off for a period of 7 years part-time in total I must say that this is a very challenging industry due to the nature of the type of sales. However, things around commission sales can become stressful and loyalties were often tested. It was as if I were a contestant on Survivor!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No pay for desk work.
good family owned company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMarch 6, 2017
The company was started on good family values. They maintained the properties well and expected quality customer service. The company has since then been bough by another company.
Sold to SCI
Hired back as sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAFebruary 26, 2017
Started as an in home cemetery sales counselor.
I exceeded quota by 125%

Promoted to pre-need sales director. Field trained sales staff and supervised leads and presentations.

Trained staff from telemarketing to in home closing and working cemetery marketing events
Pros
Work with famalies
Cons
Sold to SCI
ambiente de trabajo seguro y amable
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 2, 2016
Trabaje como adiestradora y reclutadora de nuevos empleados para el departamento de ventas. Uno de mis logros fue crear un currĂ­culo de education continua dirigido a un servicio al cliente de excelencia. Este trabajo me permitio desarrollarme en la comunicacion efectiva con asociados internos y externos, edemas de desarrollar una fuerte communication verbal para todo publico.
Pros
Seguro medico privado
Cons
No tengo nada que decir en contra
Great company to work for...
Director IT Security (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 12, 2016
Stewart was a great place to work and grow as an individual, family friendly company. I wish Stewart was still in business.
very different place to work
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 17, 2016
My days consisted of answering customer calls, accepting payments over the phone to log into the computer. I would also discuss their funeral service plans with them and answer any questions they may have about their plots and other necessary information. I would sometimes schedule call backs for clients that wanted to open accounts with the company.
Pros
I learned so much about the funeral service business
Cons
The business closed