Stewart Lender Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company to work for if you looking for growth
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Great Company to work for if you looking for growth. The training that they offer puts you in a position to be successful. I will recommend anyone to work there.
Great Company
Vendor Manager -Complisnce (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2018
I have no problems with Stewart. A great company and vacation and benefits were great. I will miss Stewart and they were so friendly and nice so I will miss them
Pros
Vacation and benefits
Cons
Moral
Professional Work Environment
Manufactured Home Title Curative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time a Stewart Lender Services. The management was knowledgeable and the co workers experienced. The hardest part of the job was obtaining needed information to complete my tasks; from outside vendors
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
short lunch break
Review
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
They make you do things that isn't in your job description and borderline illegal. No one trust each other and it took over a year for a manager to realize I was not there to throw them under the bus.
easy going, slow paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2018
It was a great experience working for Stewart. I had freedom to do my job without much oversight. I knew what was expected of me and I did it. If I needed direction my managers were very gracious to help and guide me.
The culture was very relaxed, there was good morale.
I did a variety of tasks, from helping the IT people, to special projects, maintenance within the office.
The best part was being able to interact with my coworkers.
Pros
Freedom to work my job without constant micromanaging.
Rude management and boring work
QA Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2018
The culture here is all about control. If you like being micro managed, over worked and under appreciated than apply here. They have a lot of politics that you will be forced to play or you won’t be given the time if day. Boring work that is project driven and layoffs happen all the time!
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Management, layoffs and work environment
Productive and great place to work
Onsite Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2018
My boss is amazing very understandable great place to work. Hours are flexible and the benefits are great. Great training and guidance from management on a daily basis.
Life at Stewart
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Stewart. really got to know the people working there, very friendly and caring.
it was very busy for a few years and the downtime we had was welcoming. management was flexible and caring.
Pros
once in a while we would have trivia games
Cons
lack of new contracts
Not a Recommendable Work Place
Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 11, 2017
The Time off per year is so minimal. Management are not empathetic to real home life concerns. There is not much room for career advancement. and work life balance is not a concern of theres
Pros
the work
Cons
management
the workplace was a bearable place to work.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
a typical day at work would consisted of finding work and being able to remain busy for the course of the day. As an employee at Stewart Lender Services we remained a stable work environment.
Fun place to work
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Monitored group email and filed incoming documents in designated locations, also I completed appropriate tasks documents to ensure the file moves as designed
Pros
Stewart offer other opportunity
Cons
N/a
Stewart Lender was a good company to work for
DIL CURATIVE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Stewart Lender been part of a company and team that cares about their employee and consumers. Stewart Lender was a pleasant company to work for.
Workplace Review
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
After several years working for the SLS division of Stewart, I've found that the opportunity for advancement is limited. The company is completely project based, so with the end of each project there are layoffs. When I was hired there were probably a few hundred people staffed, but that has been reduced to a few dozen. Versatility is in the is key to remain employed, but with such dynamic changes the possibility for advancement becomes stagnant. In addition, raises are rare and minimal for most employees.
Pros
Diverse opportunities to learn new skills and take on different roles. Atmosphere is very laid back, which great as schedules can be flexible and the dress code is relaxed.
Cons
Limited advancement; Minimal raises; Relaxed atmosphere at times unprofessional
No Security
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
I really enjoy my time here at Stewart, but there have been many lay offs. I know that there is no job security here. This company, however, was very flexible with my schedule.
Pros
flexiblilty
Cons
underpaid
Fub
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2017
Laid back loved it Miss the people. Great environment..........easy parking great food in the deli. ........... ......................................................... wonderful company parties. Great break room clean restroom . Police station inside the building. Smoke area
Nice Place to Work
Admin (Former Employee) –  SW HoustonMarch 30, 2017
Busy but fun. People are kind and friendly. Had many employee luncheons and holiday festival. Easy going, they always had open door policy to management team.
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
This was an excellent opportunity and time for me to work with Stewart Title. The management was the best and the atmosphere was pleasant. Traing was provided in critical area's.
It was a good company
Sr. Subordination Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I like working at the company. made a lot of good friends there. it was like have a second family. Good work hours and location. Had to leave because moved to San Antonio
Pros
Hours and overtime offered
Cons
none that i can remember
very fast paced self learning work environment
Customer Relationship Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Stewart lending services was a very fast paced work environment. Stewart required self knowledge in my role as a customer relationship manager.
Family oriented
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2017
I worked for Stewart for 6 1/2 years as a remote worker. They are very family-oriented. The management is understanding and compensate. It was a good place to work.