Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

Unfortunate Events
End User Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2019
I met some amazing people at Stewart Title. Unfortunately the company was in the process of becoming acquired by Fidelity Investments which resulted in many of my colleagues being let go.
Pros
Flexible hours, after hour events
Cons
Fidelity Acquisition, lay offs
Run
Business Development (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 13, 2019
Not a place I’d recommend. Hostile environment and management is POOR!
Literally sets you up to fail. You never know who to reach out to for support. Office policies change, constantly a new policy. Communication is non existent.
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable
Stewart Title Guaranty Company - best place to work (manager implicated)
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2019
The ratings do not reflect Stewart Title Guaranty Company which is highly recommended as a top employer to work for which I would recommend anyone with talent to pursue. The CEO is an excellent leader and the environment generally is one of the best.
Pros
Overall organization culture and knowledge management potential
Cons
Technology is outdated.
No words needed....
Job (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2019
Unfortunately if you aren't part of the "In crowd," they will easily find ways to get rid of you.

This was a toxic work environment the management and friends outside of work stuck together then everyone else was in a separate space. There was no team building the staff all behaved as if everyone else was gunning for their job. Management is suspicious and micro manages.
Pros
No words needed....
Cons
Management is suspicious and micro manages
Easy going place however poor management
Relocation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2019
The people are friendly. However you must watch individuals. If you’re not part of the social crowd. They will easily find ways to get rid of you. Remain prayerful of your decision
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable part of the job
SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER- NATIONAL OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2019
Stewart Title provides support and allows managers to make decisions that impact their business lines. The management team is respectful of all employees and treats them fairly. Overall, a nice place to work.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Layoffs
Productive and Great company to work for
Administrative Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Stewart Title Guaranty Company was a great place to work in my time there. The Executives were great leaders and made working there easy going. My immediate supervisor was also great with his leadership and provided an overall stress free and easy work atmosphere.
Good company to work for.
GL Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
Stewart Title was just recently acquired by Fidelity Title so there will be lots of changes happening in the near future. Not sure how stable the accounting department is.
Flexibility
Operations Manager, Stewart Title Guaranty Company (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 6, 2018
This company allows you to work from home and are very flexible with time off. The company is in a great location and has average recognition programs.
Liked the company, not so much the supervisor
Legal Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
The company had a lot of perks and a lot of smart people. However my boss was a hoarder, eclectic, and I am amazed he kept his job there. I was told the personnel before me only last 1-2 months. I did learn that there are a lot of executives in the world for whom personnel refuses to supply an assistant based on the fact that they are so abusive that the company ends up paying their unemployment insurance as no reasonable person would require them to work in those circumstances.
Pros
Professional atmosphere for the most part
Cons
Poor treatment of subordinates
The best place I've worked
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 29, 2018
Working g at Stewart was an amazing experience. I learned a lot and I worked on an amazing team. We got alone really well and we work great together.
A Good Company to Work for.
Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 19, 2018
Stewart is very conservative and methodical in its operations. It always takes the safe route in any transactions. The office has a slow pace because of that, but its comfortable and you always feel like your hard work is going to a good cause.
Focus on shareholders and not employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
The benefits offered at Stewart were weak, and the culture focused primarily on quarterly earnings statements for shareholders of the company's stock. Yes, a publicly-traded company needs to make money but it definitely felt as though the focus on controlling overhead was ridiculous. Company sales teams competed against each other for business instead of with one another.
Pros
Department was good before it was shaken up
Cons
Co-CEOS a bad idea
Only with Stewart for a short time,
MLO Sr. Loan Service Specialist - Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 10, 2018
Stewart acquired Landsafe (Bank of America) and was dealing with foreclosures and I was with Bank of America for 6 years and had to transfer and taken of by Stewart. I worked there for about a year and a half until I was laid off.
Pros
I kept my same pay during my transfer.
Cons
Not very good management, too many to mention and short lived.
Shareholders over honor and integrity
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Overworked employees spend all day working harder to keep everything running instead of the company investing in improvements that would allow intelligent upgrades and improvements. But after investors came in years ago the stock price and shareholders became king and the only goal is to try to drive up stock prices where they can make a cash payout just before the company implodes Of course they outsourced a huge number of employees and the foreign workers will work themselves into the ground to get tasks completed and keep themselves from being sent back home to India or Pakistan which makes it difficult for US citizens who want a work-life-balance to keep up. But the quality of work isn't the same.
Stewart used to be a good honest company but after the old guard left and the younger generation took over it's been downhill ever since with everything driven by stock prices instead of integrity and now Fidelity has found a bargain and is taking over which may be a good thing. It can't be much worse.
Pros
Friendly local workers
Cons
Used to be the company's most valuable resource. Now just a liability.
fun working here
Billing Processor (Current Employee) –  houston texasSeptember 11, 2018
I was able to learn multiple areas of billing, collection GL , friendly coworkers. flexible schedule you ca get in whenever and work 8 hours and leave
Nice work enviroment
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Need better organization of work distribution and specify job duties. Others in different departments tend to push their work off on others. By stating, its part of your position, when you ask anybody about that you get different answers.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Line of work duties blurred.
Poor management
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 14, 2018
The management is poorly run both immediate supervisor as well as the manager. There was lack of encouragement or help by all. No one was held accountable for the work they would put in or lack there of.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
Family-oriented environment
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
I really love working here. Great people. Family-oriented environment. Great location. Made many great long-term friendships. Feel really blessed to have worked here for the last 14 years.
Busy and interesting work environment
Title Search Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 4, 2018
Ability to work on your own yet interact with many different types of people and learn new things. Positive work environment with an open door policy for job related questions.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Commute