Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

Very much improved in last year
Escrow Officer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 22, 2018
The title business is very competitive in our area. Escrow officer duties can be stressful but the job is very rewarding as well. Stewart tried to nationally centralize tasks a couple years ago - simply did not work! With plenty of complaints from the employees at the local offices they completely changed the process back to the local level - for that reason I respect the management. On a personal level - our local office has a very productive work atmosphere with a very knowledgeable manager.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Can be stressful
Good company...no structure internally.
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
Typical day-reviewing title documents, preparing for closings ahead & researching prior files left unresolved from years ago among other data resolution etc. Managerial follow through/respect & communication with each along with favoritism shown to certain agents is clearly evident. Agents on my specific team are good to work with.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No room to advance, internal accountability as a company, lack of any bonus
People running company are not employee friendly
Policy Services Operations Manager+++ (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMarch 12, 2018
Fast pace productive environment focus Accounts Receivable busy all the time. you have to be sharp with problem solving, trouble shooting and processing.
Pros
Cons
Benefits not that great
Self Management in Developing National Accounts
Vice President, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was developing long term relationship with clients and other professionals. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a balance between work and home life.
Pros
Wonderful client relationships
Cons
Long hours of work and entertaining clients
Nice place to work
Claims Paralegal- Puerto Rico (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 24, 2018
Good place to work, relaxed environment. The worst part of the job was trying to solve issues when Puerto Rico's Property Registry is so slow and out dated.
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJanuary 24, 2018
Poor management . Unqualified management. Management just did whatever was asked to save their jobs. No leadership. They retire/let go of good sales reps attorneys and administrative. Unethical as well.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Alot
Terrible Management great co workers
Escrow Closer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I loved the people i worked with BESIDES management. Unless you are up for a high stress environment, office politics, it's not for you. Management repeatedly would tell our team that we knew more than they did. Very sad. I've done this work for what seems like a million years all over the US and NEVER experienced management this sorry. Management never holds other dept accountable for thier lack of producivity or work full of errors, instead you have to do everyone else's job in addition to yous. No raises in 3 years. Greedy greedy.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management and the blame game
Hard place to work. insecure County Mnager.
National Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2017
Worked to a manager who knew less than I about the Title business, He was very insecure and I left to go into business for myself again.
One good thing, I got to travel around the country training sales people.
Great company & work environment
Financial Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 30, 2017
Laid-off in 2009 due to mortgage industry crisis. Company underwent a re-organization and my Region dept in Tampa office was eliminated. Great work environment, benefits and excellent working team. I would still be there if it wasn't for the reorganization. Still, through all that job eliminations they handled it professionally, transparent and were very supportive.
Fun and great workplace
Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 29, 2017
Great Environment to work in, great managers and co-workers.. learned a lot of work aspects.. the hardest part is the drive and traffic other than that it a great experience.
A typical day
Commercial Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2017
A typical day is met with the lack of a data entry system, semi-paperless environment, double-checking everyone's work, lack of training. Constant back and forth with employees who are lazy and lack accountability.
Zero support from management coupled with highly stressed co-workers made Stewart Title a horrible work experience for me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 18, 2017
Terrible management. Do not care for employees well being. The onboarding process was a struggle!
Zero training. Yelled at by coworkers!! Ten hour work days are not valued at all by those arriving mid morning who never work overtime. Few work horses, the rest are too busy socializing to care. Very cliquey. No constructive feedback on job performance. Management discussed job performance with work peers not employee. I received work based evaluation from temp who wanted to take my job. This was known by management. Typical back biting and gossip experienced from first week through entire employment.
Not a great place to work if you value your home life and are married.
Pros
Interesting and high demand job
Cons
Poor management, very cliquey, no positive feedback, no constructive feedback. Terrible HR...no employee on boarding support.
Please refer to my resume.
Banking and Automation Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas 77056August 2, 2017
Please refer to my resume as it contains all of the required information. I had a very rewarding job and worked with a wonderful staff on many projects over my long career.
Company is unstable
Policy Processor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed the work but my job was outsourced. I was able to complete by work with minimum supervision. The home office is in Houston, TX. Company is being restructured.
Management has no clue
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 24, 2017
The laughing stock of the industry and getting worse. Used to be an awesome company but going downhill fast and management is not capable of fixing the issues. Say goodbye to Stewart.
Company has changed over the years
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Stewart use to be the best Title company in the industry to work for, but for the past 5 years there has been so many changes in upper management and unconcern for the associates.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
I will not comment
Laid back atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2017
Stewart is a relaxed and easy workplace that maintains a professional atmosphere. The managers and higher level executives are all personable and friendly while maintaining an air of authority. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there.
Great company to work for
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
Typical days work was typing notes and deed of trust along with lender instructions and teaching escrow officers how to prepare them.

I was then moved over to the Builder Service Department, which was new to me and loved working with the builders.

The hardest part was taking a vacation, but when the Escrow Manager told me she would handle my desk I agreed.

The most enjoyable was the once a month get togethers
Pros
Management, employees
Cons
A workplace culture that is not for everyone.
Other (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Nice, company, good pay and benefits, but I never felt like I fit in. It was difficult to achieve work goals, goals continually changed. There was a lot of change going on within the organization and it wasn't for me.
A day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Mostly my day is pretty boring since when answering phones im not allowed to give any information without permission unless i ask whoever is working on the project. The hardest part of my job is finding something to actually do, since there's not much for me to do all day i mostly just sit at my desk and do nothing. I would rather be in an environment where i'm actually doing something and having fun enjoying what i'm doing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the commute to work