Stewart Title Guaranty Company Employee Reviews

Focus on shareholders and not employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
The benefits offered at Stewart were weak, and the culture focused primarily on quarterly earnings statements for shareholders of the company's stock. Yes, a publicly-traded company needs to make money but it definitely felt as though the focus on controlling overhead was ridiculous. Company sales teams competed against each other for business instead of with one another.
Pros
Department was good before it was shaken up
Cons
Co-CEOS a bad idea
Liked the company, not so much the supervisor
Legal Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
The company had a lot of perks and a lot of smart people. However my boss was a hoarder, eclectic, and I am amazed he kept his job there. I was told the personnel before me only last 1-2 months. I did learn that there are a lot of executives in the world for whom personnel refuses to supply an assistant based on the fact that they are so abusive that the company ends up paying their unemployment insurance as no reasonable person would require them to work in those circumstances.
Pros
Professional atmosphere for the most part
Cons
Poor treatment of subordinates
Terrible Management great co workers
Escrow Closer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I loved the people i worked with BESIDES management. Unless you are up for a high stress environment, office politics, it's not for you. Management repeatedly would tell our team that we knew more than they did. Very sad. I've done this work for what seems like a million years all over the US and NEVER experienced management this sorry. Management never holds other dept accountable for thier lack of producivity or work full of errors, instead you have to do everyone else's job in addition to yous. No raises in 3 years. Greedy greedy.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management and the blame game
Very much improved in last year
Escrow Officer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 22, 2018
The title business is very competitive in our area. Escrow officer duties can be stressful but the job is very rewarding as well. Stewart tried to nationally centralize tasks a couple years ago - simply did not work! With plenty of complaints from the employees at the local offices they completely changed the process back to the local level - for that reason I respect the management. On a personal level - our local office has a very productive work atmosphere with a very knowledgeable manager.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Can be stressful
Only with Stewart for a short time,
MLO Sr. Loan Service Specialist - Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 10, 2018
Stewart acquired Landsafe (Bank of America) and was dealing with foreclosures and I was with Bank of America for 6 years and had to transfer and taken of by Stewart. I worked there for about a year and a half until I was laid off.
Pros
I kept my same pay during my transfer.
Cons
Not very good management, too many to mention and short lived.
Stressful work environment
Title Researcher II (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2018
Constant changes with management lead to a stressful environment for the employees. I enjoyed the work, and dealing with management from the East Coast, but the Florida management was constantly in flux, which caused confusion and lack of job security.
Pros
The work
Stgc
Claims Counsel (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 17, 2018
Solid company to work for to build a strong base of knowledge. Senior and upper level management are always available to assist. Fair work/life balance.
Poor management
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 14, 2018
The management is poorly run both immediate supervisor as well as the manager. There was lack of encouragement or help by all. No one was held accountable for the work they would put in or lack there of.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
Shareholders over honor and integrity
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Overworked employees spend all day working harder to keep everything running instead of the company investing in improvements that would allow intelligent upgrades and improvements. But after investors came in years ago the stock price and shareholders became king and the only goal is to try to drive up stock prices where they can make a cash payout just before the company implodes Of course they outsourced a huge number of employees and the foreign workers will work themselves into the ground to get tasks completed and keep themselves from being sent back home to India or Pakistan which makes it difficult for US citizens who want a work-life-balance to keep up. But the quality of work isn't the same.
Stewart used to be a good honest company but after the old guard left and the younger generation took over it's been downhill ever since with everything driven by stock prices instead of integrity and now Fidelity has found a bargain and is taking over which may be a good thing. It can't be much worse.
Pros
Friendly local workers
Cons
Used to be the company's most valuable resource. Now just a liability.
Excelente en tecnología, Ambiente tranquilo, trabajo en equipo
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2018
Siempre había trabajo; éramos como una familia; el ambiente limpio y cómodo.

Me dieron la oportunidad de ir al Registro de la Propiedad como Investigadora de Título.

Para todo había una celebración de parte de los compañeros.

La tecnología excelente.

Me gustaba mi trabajo, lo que ejercía.

La parte mas difícil fue cuando cerraron la compañía en Puerto Rico, después de tantos años de servicio.

Era una compañía muy potente.
Pros
Seguro Médico privado
Cons
Ninguna
A Good Company to Work for.
Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 19, 2018
Stewart is very conservative and methodical in its operations. It always takes the safe route in any transactions. The office has a slow pace because of that, but its comfortable and you always feel like your hard work is going to a good cause.
Flexibility
Operations Manager, Stewart Title Guaranty Company (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 6, 2018
This company allows you to work from home and are very flexible with time off. The company is in a great location and has average recognition programs.
Senior Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
My years at Stewart have been wonderful and quite fulfilling. I have learned so many skills and gained much knowledge, in addition to growing with the company. Management has been so fair and really care about the employees. I cannot say enough good things about Stewart, specifically the Legal Department. It is the best.
Nice work enviroment
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Need better organization of work distribution and specify job duties. Others in different departments tend to push their work off on others. By stating, its part of your position, when you ask anybody about that you get different answers.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Line of work duties blurred.
Everyday office job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 12, 2018
Relaxed workplace. They seem to keep the right amount of works for each department. Not over staffed or under staffed. Regular 9-5 office job, includes benefits, paid time off and 401K.
The best place I've worked
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 29, 2018
Working g at Stewart was an amazing experience. I learned a lot and I worked on an amazing team. We got alone really well and we work great together.
Busy and interesting work environment
Title Search Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 4, 2018
Ability to work on your own yet interact with many different types of people and learn new things. Positive work environment with an open door policy for job related questions.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Commute
Family-oriented environment
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
I really love working here. Great people. Family-oriented environment. Great location. Made many great long-term friendships. Feel really blessed to have worked here for the last 14 years.
fun working here
Billing Processor (Current Employee) –  houston texasSeptember 11, 2018
I was able to learn multiple areas of billing, collection GL , friendly coworkers. flexible schedule you ca get in whenever and work 8 hours and leave
People running company are not employee friendly
Policy Services Operations Manager+++ (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMarch 12, 2018
Fast pace productive environment focus Accounts Receivable busy all the time. you have to be sharp with problem solving, trouble shooting and processing.
Pros
Cons
Benefits not that great